PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Opt Out Players Being Interviewed

Reason2succeed
12-30-2022, 04:38 PM
I am a pro-player as anyone but I just saw two ND players that opted out of the bowl game get ting interviewed while ND was currently losing to SCar. What in the heck?!? If I was their teammate I would be pissed. If you don?t want to play in the game don?t come and hog the spotlight. Go and ?prepare for the NFL draft.? Don?t come and lie about how much you love your teammates and your coach.

basedog
12-30-2022, 04:40 PM
I am a pro-player as anyone but I just saw two ND players that opted out of the bowl game get ting interviewed while ND was currently losing to SCar. What in the heck?!? If I was their teammate I would be pissed. If you don?t want to play in the game don?t come and hog the spotlight. Go and ?prepare for the NFL draft.? Don?t come and lie about how much you love your teammates and your coach.

It sucked I thought!

Commercecomet24
12-30-2022, 04:42 PM
It sucked I thought!

This.

Dawgface
12-30-2022, 04:54 PM
They should be home preparing for the NFL.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2022, 04:56 PM
I hope they at least paid their own way. I sure as heck wouldn't be footing the bill for them if I was ND.

Saltydog
12-30-2022, 05:00 PM
I read somewhere today where Saban told the players who had entered the portal that they were still welcome to play in the bowl game. Maybe I'm missing something but that I don't get.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2022, 05:14 PM
I read somewhere today where Saban told the players who had entered the portal that they were still welcome to play in the bowl game. Maybe I'm missing something but that I don't get.

I guess I'm getting old but I don't get it either.

R2Dawg
12-30-2022, 05:20 PM
I guess I'm getting old but I don't get it either.
Yep having good character, good values, honesty, integrity, etc. are "old" qualities but they are still right. We have lost our way.

We have given over our culture to selfishness. Hard to believe just 60 years ago the greatest generation lived.

Bdawg
12-30-2022, 05:22 PM

Hard to believe that came from Saban. Guess losing 3 games in one year would be more than he can take!!

Leroy Jenkins
12-30-2022, 05:23 PM
Kiffin said he had players, who were playing in the game, missing bowl practices because they were on official visits to other schools.

Bdawg
12-30-2022, 05:25 PM
Yep having good character, good values, honesty, integrity, etc. are "old" qualities but they are still right. We have lost our way.

We have given over our culture to selfishness. Hard to believe just 60 years ago the greatest generation lived.

Freedom to tyranny is only 1 bad generation away.

Bdawg
12-30-2022, 05:27 PM
Kiffin said he had players, who were playing in the game, missing bowl practices because they were on official visits to other schools.

Sorry, but Adios would be in order here

Saltydog
12-30-2022, 05:29 PM
Hard to believe that came from Saban. Guess losing 3 games in one year would be more than he can take!!

I thought the same thing but here's the link article........

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/alabama-football-players-transferring-away-could-have-participated-in-bowl-nick-saban-says/ar-AA15OQTY

DownwardDawg
12-30-2022, 05:44 PM
This entire thread just pisses me off at society. And Saban has gotten soft and weak.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2022, 05:52 PM
This entire thread just pisses me off at society. And Saban has gotten soft and weak.

It really is sad how soft and weak minded we have become as a society.

Bear Bryant, Lombardi, etc.. would've never made it with this generation. They would've been considered mean and evil when in fact they were teaching life lessons in overcoming adversity.

"No Country for Old Men"

DownwardDawg
12-30-2022, 06:22 PM
It really is sad how soft and weak minded we have become as a society.

Bear Bryant, Lombardi, etc.. would've never made it with this generation. They would've been considered mean and evil when in fact they were teaching life lessons in overcoming adversity.

"No Country for Old Men"

Well said!!

Maverick91
12-30-2022, 06:31 PM
ZA isnt pulling this crap is he? In the wise words of one of of our most mediocrely successful coaches “you can go pound sand and kick rocks.”

Commercecomet24
12-30-2022, 06:35 PM
Well said!!

I've raised my kids the way I was raised and now that they're getting older and out on their own they're starting to understand why dad was so tough on them. It's ok to say no. They're appreciative of it.

EdwardDrayton
12-30-2022, 06:39 PM
Most of y'all probably know my Dad was an OL for State in the late fifties. I wish he were alive to see these opt-outs on TV. I would video the epic rant and it would go viral.

DownwardDawg
12-30-2022, 06:44 PM
Most of y'all probably know my Dad was an OL for State in the late fifties. I wish he were alive to see these opt-outs on TV. I would video the epic rant and it would go viral.

It made me smile thinking about that! That would be awesome!!

Commercecomet24
12-30-2022, 06:53 PM

Very cool to have that legacy in your family! That generation would not take kindly to this kind of thing! Would be awesome to see that rant!

RocketDawg
12-30-2022, 07:04 PM

Saban places a lot of importance on winning any game. They probably won't take him up on the offer - one injury could cost them dearly.

basedog
12-30-2022, 07:43 PM
ND wore down SC the second half. They were way more physical. I like how both teams utilized the TE. I sure hope we see our new offense with TE.

msu15
12-30-2022, 07:47 PM

He definitely needs to retire. He's past his expiration date. 2021 should've been his final season.

R2Dawg
12-30-2022, 07:51 PM
Freedom to tyranny is only 1 bad generation away.

True and based on the past 2 years that bad generation is now here.

yjnkdawg
12-30-2022, 07:51 PM
I think when ESPN interviews them especially on national TV, it just gives them publicity in a game that they didn't feel they needed to play in and didn't want to help their team to win by being on the field. I just don't think ESPN needs to give them the spotlight when they aren't actually a part of this bowl other than being spectators just like the ND fans in the stands are. Let them opt out but don't give them special attention like was done. (Now I'm off my soap box lol)

LanceHarbor
12-30-2022, 08:25 PM
I think when ESPN interviews them especially on national TV, it just gives them publicity in a game that they didn't feel they needed to play in and didn't want to help their team to win by being on the field. I just don't think ESPN needs to give them the spotlight when they aren't actually a part of this bowl other than being spectators just like the ND fans in the stands are. Let them opt out but don't give them special attention like was done. (Now I'm off my soap box lol)

I'm pretty sure the intended audience for ND was HS recruits and college transfers, not Boomers from Mississippi.

Quaoarsking
12-30-2022, 08:29 PM

This same crap was said about the Greatest Generation in the early 1940s by the older generations. Looking down on younger people is a universal quality of humanity.

Lord McBuckethead
12-30-2022, 09:04 PM
Portal players are different than opt outs, in my opinion. Saban understands some players have to move if they want to play. He also understands if he can get a player from a different team that is better than his starters, he wouldn?t remember his players name by next week.

I agree, Portal players put in the work all season, but at the same time, what happens if they blow out their knee in bowl practice and are in the portal?

RisperDawg
12-30-2022, 09:15 PM
This same crap was said about the Greatest Generation in the early 1940s by the older generations. Looking down on younger people is a universal quality of humanity.

For sure. The Greeks and Romans expressed similar sentiments. Lol.

Players now realize that early-onset dementia, mobility issues, and chronic pain, among other sequelae of playing this sport we all love, ought to come with some form of compensation. The SCOTUS confirmed their right to that compensation. Good for them.

Apoplectic
12-30-2022, 10:26 PM

Ass to a team mostly full of pussies

Goldendawg
12-30-2022, 11:26 PM
He definitely needs to retire. He's past his expiration date. 2021 should've been his final season.

Saban and Brady just can't give it up. Their final seasons may be sad.

State82
12-30-2022, 11:30 PM
Saban and Brady just can't give it up. Their final seasons may be sad.
I hope this is Brady's last and I hope it is sad because the Cowboys roll them up.

R2Dawg
12-31-2022, 09:29 AM

Societies have been up and down the moral character scale over world history. Yeah a few general comments are true generation to generation, but there is no denial from the WWII generation and the self sacrifice they made compared to the selfie look at me generation of today. Stevie Wonder could see the difference.

Quaoarsking
12-31-2022, 10:20 AM
Societies have been up and down the moral character scale over world history. Yeah a few general comments are true generation to generation, but there is no denial from the WWII generation and the self sacrifice they made compared to the selfie look at me generation of today. Stevie Wonder could see the difference.

"There is no denial that the WWI generation and the self sacrifice they made compared to the selfish look at me generation of today. Homer could see the difference" - WWI veterans in 1941

Johnson85
12-31-2022, 10:31 AM
Portal players are different than opt outs, in my opinion. Saban understands some players have to move if they want to play. He also understands if he can get a player from a different team that is better than his starters, he wouldn?t remember his players name by next week.

I agree, Portal players put in the work all season, but at the same time, what happens if they blow out their knee in bowl practice and are in the portal?

Yea, I think if I were a coach and players were in the portal because they wanted more playing time, I?d want them to go ahead and enjoy the bowl game. If they are major contributors shopping NIL deals or just unhappy they?re not featured more over their team mates, I?d probably tell them to take a hike.

DownwardDawg
12-31-2022, 10:42 AM

I agree!!

DownwardDawg
12-31-2022, 10:44 AM
Ass to a team mostly full of pussies

Rep

NCDawg
12-31-2022, 04:40 PM
I agree!!

I don't agree. I dislike the guy immensely but he still recruits the top athletes and always has his team ready to play. I wish he would retire, though. We used to be competitive with Alabama.

Maroonthirteen
12-31-2022, 04:51 PM
Nvm. Don't care

TUSK
12-31-2022, 05:55 PM
I don't agree. I dislike the guy immensely but he still recruits the top athletes and always has his team ready to play. I wish he would retire, though. We used to be competitive with Alabama.

I'm pretty sure those guys were being sarcastic re: "Saban is done...."

dawgoneyall
01-01-2023, 09:07 AM
Justifying liberalism ?. Your passion is noted

R2Dawg
01-01-2023, 09:22 AM
"There is no denial that the WWI generation and the self sacrifice they made compared to the selfish look at me generation of today. Homer could see the difference" - WWI veterans in 1941

WWII veterans in 41? I said the generation from WWII. Reading comprehension - a lost skill on the message board.

Offshore Dawg
01-01-2023, 09:23 AM
I'm pretty sure those guys were being sarcastic re: "Saban is done...."

The only problem Saban is having is other schools are buying some of the players he wanted.

basedog
01-01-2023, 09:49 AM
The only problem Saban is having is other schools are buying some of the players he wanted.

It just a matter of time now, Saban is amazing, no doubt he caught "Jenny in the Bottle". Bama being Bama, yes but losing at play maker like Young was huge especially this year.