PDA

View Full Version : Idea for game tribute for CML

Activated Alpha
12-29-2022, 08:21 PM
Been thinking about CML today while I sit and watch my boys still enjoy their Christmas presents. Trying to come up with some ideas to honor who the man is and I came up with this..

End of the 3rd quarter and where we play our usual 4th quarter song we instead black out the entire stadium with exception for cosmetic white lights around the stadium. One bright spot light shining up a pole as the Jolly Roger flag is being raised. On the Jumbotron you can have the Jolly Roger too. Our song could be Blackheart by Two steps from hell or hoist the colors. Either one. Then right at the end, we fire off a cannon. Watching the white smoke blow off away in our stadium.

Just food for thought. Song below for reference. I know it's a few seconds slow in the beginning, but it gets better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbttZVTSJRU

Really Clark?
12-29-2022, 08:58 PM
Not a bad thought but we play at 11 am.

Activated Alpha
12-29-2022, 09:41 PM
Not a bad thought but we play at 11 am.

Oh no this would be for our home games. Instead of the journey song we play at the end of the 3rd

Really Clark?
12-29-2022, 09:44 PM
Oh no this would be for our home games. Instead of the journey song we play at the end of the 3rd

Oh! I gotcha! Yeah that would be cool

Cooterpoot
12-29-2022, 09:56 PM
It's a no for me dawg. We don't need to carry stuff over to next season.

Activated Alpha
12-29-2022, 10:14 PM

Yeah I can see how feelings should be for us to move on

Mjoelner34
12-29-2022, 10:25 PM

Agree but I would probably do something for the first game.

MagicDawg
12-29-2022, 10:27 PM
Agree but I would probably do something for the first game.

This is the correct answer, in my view. Need to do something at the beginning of the season for purposes of respect -- first time back on Scott Field since his last game.

After that, it's time to move on. They're Arnett's Bulldogs now.

Cooterpoot
12-29-2022, 10:48 PM
We've got the bowl game to get the Leach tributes handled. Next year is about the new staff. We can name something after Leach or something. Maybe wear a helmet sticker but that's about it on the field unless we have a family deal on the field when we name something.

Quaoarsking
12-29-2022, 11:25 PM
I think we should just fly a Pirate Flag under the US and Mississippi flags on the flagpole as a quiet tribute to Leach. Simple but eternal.

Activated Alpha
12-29-2022, 11:33 PM
I think we should just fly a Pirate Flag under the US and Mississippi flags on the flagpole as a quiet tribute to Leach. Simple but eternal.

Agree that what I propose is over the top, but I support with this idea

MagicDawg
12-30-2022, 02:15 PM
I definitely don't think we should put a permanent memorial pirate flag on the pole. I am on board with an additional one-time remembrance of some kind -- flag, moment of silence, photo on jumbotron, etc. - at the first home game after his death, but our program is not Mike Leach's program anymore.

Zach Arnett deserves to take his shot without a constant overt exaltation of his predecessor, in my opinion. He, and all of us, respect Leach's work and legacy. But we should not, as a program or institution, be visibly mourning for a whole season, or forever.

Maroonthirteen
12-30-2022, 03:02 PM
I definitely don't think we should put a permanent memorial pirate flag on the pole. I am on board with an additional one-time remembrance of some kind -- flag, moment of silence, photo on jumbotron, etc. - at the first home game after his death, but our program is not Mike Leach's program anymore.

Zach Arnett deserves to take his shot without a constant overt exaltation of his predecessor, in my opinion. He, and all of us, respect Leach's work and legacy. But we should not, as a program or institution, be visibly mourning for a whole season, or forever.

Well said. Also there isn't a memorial for 5-6 players that died while still actively playing and in school.

Maverick91
12-31-2022, 01:15 PM

Agreed!