PDA

View Full Version : Cow Bell on a Powder Blue Helment

MiddleTennesseeRebel
12-28-2022, 10:31 AM
I never thought I would see the day that a COW BELL would be on an Ole Miss helmet. Never thought I would see the day that I would be proud to see a Cow Bell on an Ole Miss Helmet. Stronger Together. Hail State and Hotty Toddy.

https://twitter.com/BradLoganCOTE/status/1607959043460448257?s=20&t=vkRblh5pLADdibYqRdxUZQ

Commercecomet24
12-28-2022, 10:46 AM
Classy move! I was up in Gatlinburg last week and wearing my State stuff and ran into an OM guy and he stopped me and gave me a hug and said how sorry he was about Coach Leach and we took a picture together and had quite a nice chat. Lot of firsts going on for our 2 schools the last few weeks.

No BS Dawg
12-28-2022, 12:16 PM
Kiffin loved Leach, the two were closer than most realize. Classy move and all spearheaded by Kiffin. Lots of respect to him and the OM program. He and Leach did a lot to remove a great deal of the toxicity that existed between the programs/schools when they arrived on campus. We still don?t like each other, just collectively not quite as bad as before. Missouri wore the same sticker on their helmet in their bowl game too.

Desoto1967
12-28-2022, 12:22 PM
Arky is wearing the same in the Liberty Bowl.

MagicDawg
12-28-2022, 12:54 PM
I posted a photo about it on my FB page with a comment that whether the SEC had required it or not, it was there, and it was appreciated. A very few minutes later a rebel friend chimed in complaining about the word "required" and said it must make me feel better to think they were forced to do it. I said that I figured even if the decal idea had not come from Birmingham, I figured Lane would have done something anyway.

I say all that to say this: you can't even say something nice without some of them deciding to get up in your face about not coming off as grateful enough in expressing your thankfulness.

99jc
12-28-2022, 01:22 PM
I posted a photo about it on my FB page with a comment that whether the SEC had required it or not, it was there, and it was appreciated. A very few minutes later a rebel friend chimed in complaining about the word "required" and said it must make me feel better to think they were forced to do it. I said that I figured even if the decal idea had not come from Birmingham, I figured Lane would have done something anyway.

I say all that to say this: you can't even say something nice without some of them deciding to get up in your face about not coming off as grateful enough in expressing your thankfulness.

looks like you initiated that with your comment on SEC REQUIREMENT. I understand your animosity, but you could have just LET THAT PART GO.

LC Dawg
12-28-2022, 01:41 PM
I like the gesture even if it is required. Most Ole Miss fans have been genuinely sympathetic about the loss of our coach.
The worst are the ones that have to comment about how Leach tempered the hate that Mullen created. They conveniently forget they hired a coach that used God and hookers to try to destroy Mississippi State.
Texas Tech will probably also have a uniform tribute to Coach Leach and I hope they beat Ole Miss but I'll bet Coach Leach would be for the Sharks.

Commercecomet24
12-28-2022, 01:53 PM
I like the gesture even if it is required. Most Ole Miss fans have been genuinely sympathetic about the loss of our coach.
The worst are the ones that have to comment about how Leach tempered the hate that Mullen created. They conveniently forget they hired a coach that used God and hookers to try to destroy Mississippi State.
Texas Tech will probably also have a uniform tribute to Coach Leach and I hope they beat Ole Miss but I'll bet Coach Leach would be for the Sharks.

Yeah Tech is doing a tribute as well and they've had Coach Leach tribute up on their scoreboard as well.

Cowbell
12-28-2022, 01:57 PM
Several of us caught some heat over our thoughts on Kiffin this season. And I get it. But he really has matured as a human being. Sometimes rivalries and the past can fog our view of who someone really is now. He is still immature on social media but I honestly think it's a recruiting tool for him

MagicDawg
12-28-2022, 02:38 PM
I didn't say it was required. I said that whether it was or wasn't an SEC requirement, it was there, and it was appreciated.

In context:
-------------------
A post to show public respect to OM football for putting a cowbell on their helmet in honor of Coach Leach. Whether it was required by the SEC or not, it's there, and it's more amazing to see it on that helmet than on any other in the league. I truly never thought I'd see the day a Mississippi State cowbell appeared in any form on an OM uniform.
#HailState and... good luck in your bowl game.
#ClangaLanga
Golly Danga
Who'd 'a ever thought?
Unique
Dogspeak:
"Hail Rebs!" *
(*This week.)
-------------------

There was zero reason for anyone to start in with me after that.

Saltydog
12-28-2022, 05:05 PM

Of course he would be for Ole Miss. Unless something happened recently I don't think his lawsuit was ever settled.

Goldendawg
12-28-2022, 07:11 PM
Yeah Tech is doing a tribute as well and they've had Coach Leach tribute up on their scoreboard as well.

Did they ever pay him his money owed?

DownwardDawg
12-28-2022, 07:35 PM
Did they ever pay him his money owed?

Nope

Goldendawg
12-28-2022, 09:06 PM
Anyone notice how much the Duke and OM uniforms look alike? Medium to light blue jersey with white shoulder stripes, white pants with two vertical stripe and an a white helmet, (OM at times). I hate to admit it but OM used to have great looking uni's and everyone knew who they were: gray pants with red and blue stripes, dark blue and occasionally red jerseys, and a dark blue helmet. Guess these looked too much like their 60's glory CSA days. My OM friends hate the new stuff and say they are now unrecognizable. Heck, we were gray pants more than them now.