PDA

View Full Version : The Hump is sold out

gtowndawg
12-28-2022, 09:10 AM
for the Bama game. Nice.

KOdawg1
12-28-2022, 09:15 AM
Hopefully the season ticket holders in the lower level seats will actually show up.

TheLostDawg
12-28-2022, 09:17 AM
Hopefully the season ticket holders in the lower level seats will actually show up.

I guarantee you it's 50/50. Alabama and auburn always travel to Starkville and our fans never show up. Makes me so mad considering that you can't buy the lower bowl seats

somebodyshotmypaw
12-28-2022, 09:17 AM
I will be there, and I'm glad it's going to be a packed house. I'm sure there will be plenty of Bama fans there. But I'm excited to have the Hump rocking tonight. These guys deserve a good crowd. I want to see us compete hard every game and get into the NCAA tournament. We handled business in the non-conference portion, now we need to handle the conference portion. We start off with Bama and UT, so our strength-of-schedule will certainly get a needed bump.

Ari Gold
12-28-2022, 09:29 AM
And lower level season ticket holders that that sold their tickets on stub hub to Bama fans .. and there will be A LOT of them .. **** you...

MaroonFlounder
12-28-2022, 09:36 AM
We have become our own worst enemy in basketball.

It’s a shame, because players/coaches from other programs used to say constantly that @ the Hump was the toughest place to play when packed with hoop dawg fans.

Not the case anymore.

TheLostDawg
12-28-2022, 09:43 AM
Yeah until they make it to where business only have a certain area or or let families have first option this will continue. That will never happen though. I get it. If my tickets weren't coming out of my personal banking account, I wouldn't be so driven to go either.

Even then reselling is a problem. And I am not sure how you get around that

maroonmania
12-28-2022, 10:08 AM
Yes, I got so ticked off at John Cohen when he stated (believe it was on OOB) that he knew that folks would like to see the students get better seating in the Hump again but that others were paying significant money to have those seats. Made me wonder if Cohen was blind to the fact of what it costs most students just for ONE semester at college?? When you are paying what most students (or their parents) pay to attend a university, I think the least that university can do is accommodate them at athletic events with good seats. College sports originally were intended primarily for the benefit of the on campus students anyway and its mostly the students that create an exciting atmosphere at games.

NCMSTFAN
12-28-2022, 10:17 AM
There will definitely be alot of Bama fans tonight, but our crowds have slowly been growing and growing so I expect to see our fans being very loud and giving us that homecourt advantage. That usually starts with the student section, hopefully enough of them are still on campus to show up and be loud.

Ranchdawg
12-28-2022, 10:53 AM
Hump being sold out does not equate to actual packed house at the hump with State fans and students. And it really pisses me off to go to a game and get tickets in the upper tier to see 100?s of prime seats go unused. And those with prime seats that show up I?ve seen bumps on a log be more excited. Needs to be desperately fixed!

ZedFedder
12-28-2022, 11:41 AM
I have two general admission tickets for tonight. How does that work? You get there and just find seats? You are assigned seats when you get there? Thanks in advance.

MCsMGs
12-28-2022, 12:59 PM
And lower level season ticket holders that that sold their tickets on stub hub to Bama fans .. and there will be A LOT of them .. **** you...

Yep! Big "supporters", huh? Gonna suck if there are more Bama fans in the prime seats than Dawgs!

TUSK
12-28-2022, 03:38 PM
Ohhhhhh, for a minute there I thought maybe Hugh was up in Tha GTR on a 'cruitin' visit....

I'll see myself out, now.... Mur Chrima, slackers!

msu15
12-28-2022, 03:43 PM
Ohhhhhh, for a minute there I thought maybe Hugh was up in Tha GTR on a 'cruitin' visit....

I'll see myself out, now.... Mur Chrima, slackers!

Keep bringing his name up, next year in Jordan-Hare he'll be collecting his rent from your daddy.

TUSK
12-28-2022, 09:24 PM
Keep bringing his name up, next year in Jordan-Hare he'll be collecting his rent from your daddy.

And, once again, I'll take that bet... you good for a dime each, right?

Joebob
12-28-2022, 10:53 PM
So what is the deal with the lack of crowd noise on tv for games at the Hump? No matter how many people are there and how loud they're yelling, you can barely hear them, and I mean barely. This has been going on for several years now. It's got to have something to do with the broadcast production, but I can't imagine why it's like that. I don't notice this problem on broadcasts from any other arenas.

parabrave
12-28-2022, 11:17 PM
Not anymore.

HoopsDawg
12-28-2022, 11:21 PM
Not anymore.

we will probably pack the Hump again in another 5 years.

msstate7
12-28-2022, 11:24 PM
This was the problem... tolu hasn't played in front of actual fans at home. It completely wrecked his game.

Bothrops
12-29-2022, 12:12 AM
Crowds will improve once the remodel is completed, at least for a while. I'm worried about finding players that can shoot half as well as the girl's team. I swear there are more programs than there are players that can shoot these days.

NCMSTFAN
12-29-2022, 07:17 AM
Crowds will improve once the remodel is completed, at least for a while. I'm worried about finding players that can shoot half as well as the girl's team. I swear there are more programs than there are players that can shoot these days.

Agree, if you look at all the players Jans brought in this year and the ones we have committed for next year, nearly all of them are defensive, hard nosed tough players. They aren't scorers/shooters that we need. I know Jans is known for hard nosed tough teams but he has to go get some guys that can put the ball in the bucket if he wants to compete in the SEC.