12-27-2022, 07:42 PM
1. Levis
2. Young
3. Stroud
4. Richardson

Young is heads above the rest

somebodyshotmypaw
12-27-2022, 08:29 PM
I talked to an NFL scout recently. He hadn’t scouted Levis for his team because it wasn’t his responsibility. But he said the scouts that liked Levis are using Josh Allen of the Bills as their hope. Big and physical body, strong arm, better athlete than you realize, and can run some. Completion percentage is low but they see upside. Remember that Josh Allen had a low completion percentage in college against inferior competition. The problem is that while Josh Allen emerged, most don’t. Going to be interesting. Levis is a big risk, but so are most quarterbacks. There is a lot to like, and a lot to be concerned about.

chef dixon
12-27-2022, 08:44 PM
It's all a crap shoot. The only guy I can remember recently 100% no doubt would be good is Joe Burrow

Coach34
12-27-2022, 08:44 PM
Well, let's look at who drafts early and needs a QB:

Houston- got to draft alot of things but needs a QB
Indy- needs to draft a QB and stop with all the FA madness. Has a really good OL. Levis here would be a good fit
Atlanta- they need alot of things
New Orleans- Good fit here for Levis
Chicago- has their QB
Arizona- has their QB
Rams- has 2 QB's now with Stafford and Baker. Baker has looked good in their offense

somebodyshotmypaw
12-27-2022, 08:49 PM
Well, let's look at who drafts early and needs a QB:

Houston- got to draft alot of things but needs a QB
Indy- needs to draft a QB and stop with all the FA madness. Has a really good OL. Levis here would be a good fit
Atlanta- they need alot of things
New Orleans- Good fit here for Levis
Chicago- has their QB
Arizona- has their QB
Rams- has 2 QB's now with Stafford and Baker. Baker has looked good in their offense

New Orleans doesn’t draft early at all. They don’t have a first rounder.

chef dixon
12-27-2022, 08:51 PM
If Levis is used like Josh Allen he will be hurt early and often. He's got a good arm and has played good competition. I think in a non dumpster fire he could do fine. I don't really see any of these QBs as durable enough to make it in the NFL long term.

Coach34
12-27-2022, 08:54 PM

that sux. I was just looking at team records.

msstate7
12-27-2022, 08:56 PM

As of now... Sean Payton will coach somewhere next season, and it'll cost a 1st for anyone but NO. That first could be 2024 though

Coach34
12-27-2022, 08:56 PM
If Levis is used like Josh Allen he will be hurt early and often. He's got a good arm and has played good competition. I think in a non dumpster fire he could do fine. I don't really see any of these QBs as durable enough to make it in the NFL long term.

Levis is the off brand Joe Burreaux. He doesn't have the "IT Factor" Joe has but they are very similar in skills.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-27-2022, 08:59 PM
Some existing quarterbacks that will draw interest:

Purdy/Lance/Garoppolo - 49ers won’t keep all 3
Minshew - better than some current starters
Baker Mayfield
Davis Mills if the Texans move on
Zach Wilson - a train wreck, but some teams will call the Jets and hope a change of scenery straightens him out
Tom Brady - does some team try to get a one year Super Bowl out of him

msstate7
12-27-2022, 09:01 PM
I like walterfootball mocks the best. They have the qbs in this order...

Young
Stroud
Levis
McKee (Stanford)
Richardson

somebodyshotmypaw
12-27-2022, 09:01 PM
And do the Dolphins need a QB? Tua and his health are a concern.

msstate7
12-27-2022, 09:02 PM
Some existing quarterbacks that will draw interest:

Purdy/Lance/Garoppolo - 49ers won’t keep all 3
Minshew - better than some current starters
Baker Mayfield
Davis Mills if the Texans move on
Zach Wilson - a train wreck, but some teams will call the Jets and hope a change of scenery straightens him out
Tom Brady - does some team try to get a one year Super Bowl out of him

I would love for the saints to acquire Davis mills. I think he's a lot better than he gets credit for

somebodyshotmypaw
12-27-2022, 09:03 PM
I would love for the saints to acquire Davis mills. I think he's a lot better than he gets credit for

I agree.

maroonmania
12-27-2022, 09:03 PM
I haven't seen Levis demonstrate even a third of the mobility that Allen has. Maybe its there but I sure haven't seen it. Any team that drafts Levis would be drafting solely on measurables. I've seen nothing out of Levis based on his play at KY that would say he's an elite QB.

Coach34
12-27-2022, 09:08 PM
And do the Dolphins need a QB? Tua and his health are a concern.

absolutely. They are in a terrible place right now. Do you draft a QB or grab a Minshew?

If I'm Tennessee- I try to grab Brady for a 1 season run.

chef dixon
12-27-2022, 09:10 PM
absolutely. They are in a terrible place right now. Do you draft a QB or grab a Minshew?

No way he goes there with their current wide out situation. He's headed to SF or Miami is my guess

Coach34
12-27-2022, 09:12 PM
I haven't seen Levis demonstrate even a third of the mobility that Allen has. Maybe its there but I sure haven't seen it. Any team that drafts Levis would be drafting solely on measurables. I've seen nothing out of Levis based on his play at KY that would say he's an elite QB.

Josh Allen college rushing stats- 237/767....12 rushing TD's
Will Levis college rushing stats- 312/742...17 rushing TD's

Levis at Ohio State had much better rushing stats than Kentucky

msstate7
12-27-2022, 09:15 PM
No way he goes there with their current wide out situation. He's headed to SF or Miami is my guess

Miami, maybe. SF has purdy and trey lance. Both are young

somebodyshotmypaw
12-27-2022, 09:17 PM

Good point. Dolphins want to win now. Tennessee wants to win now. San Francisco wants to win now.

Coach34
12-27-2022, 09:22 PM
Miami, maybe. SF has purdy and trey lance. Both are young

If I'm SF- i stick with Purdy and Lance. Purdy looks very good and Lance gives them insurance. Jimmy G can head out help someone like the Jets or another team

SteelCurtain74
12-27-2022, 09:28 PM
This is the list of upcoming free agent QBs:

Tom Brady (45), Tampa Bay Buccaneers: ? UFA
Baker Mayfield (27), Los Angeles Rams: ? UFA
Sam Darnold (25), Carolina Panthers: ? UFA
Jimmy Garoppolo (31), San Francisco 49ers: ? UFA
Teddy Bridgewater (30), Miami Dolphins: ? UFA
Daniel Jones (25), New York Giants: ? UFA
Case Keenum (34), Buffalo Bills: ? UFA
Mason Rudolph (27), Pittsburgh Steelers: ? UFA
Jacoby Brissett (30), Cleveland Browns: ? UFA
Geno Smith (32), Seattle Seahawks: ? UFA
Joe Flacco (37), New York Jets: ? UFA
Andy Dalton (35), New Orleans Saints: ? UFA
Mike White (27), New York Jets: ? UFA
C.J. Beathard (29), Jacksonville Jaguars: ? UFA
Kyle Allen (26), Houston Texans: ? UFA
Taylor Heinicke (29), Washington Commanders: . ? UFA
Lamar Jackson (25), Baltimore Ravens: ? UFA
Blaine Gabbert (33), Tampa Bay Buccaneers: ? UFA
Chase Daniel (36), Los Angeles Chargers: ? UFA
Chad Henne (37), Kansas City Chiefs: ? UFA
Nick ******* (27), Minnesota Vikings: ? UFA
Drew Lock (26), Seattle Seahawks

I can't imagine Baltimore will let Lamar get away. Brady will pick where he goes next. That leaves Jimmy G as probably the next best option. Houston, as of now, have the 1st and 11th pick. Seattle has the 3rd and 12th picks. I would imagine they will both go qb with one of those two picks.

It would appear if Levis is being propped up by his potential, he won't be a day 1 starter. I think the Lions might be a good spot for him. Goff has 2 years left on his contract, and the Lions pick 7th.

Coach34
12-27-2022, 09:31 PM
Aint no way in hell the Lions take a QB. Goff is playing well. Levis wont be around after Pick 15

SteelCurtain74
12-27-2022, 09:58 PM
Aint no way in hell the Lions take a QB. Goff is playing well. Levis wont be around after Pick 15

Just because Goff's playing well now doesn't really mean crap a year from now or two years from now when his contract expires. There's a reason the Rams shipped his a$$ to Detroit when they did. Teams always need good backup QBs. Ask Arizona or Miami or Philadelphia right now how important having a good backup is.

These other teams looking for QBs are looking for day 1 starters. Levis doesn't appear to be the guy that can be that. Sitting behind Goff for a couple of years gives them time to still be competitive while developing their QB of the future.

Coach34
12-27-2022, 10:01 PM
You dont draft a back-up in the 1st round

I just cant see Detroit taking a QB in the 1st round when they can get an impact player at another position to help them make the playoffs and get better.

smootness
12-27-2022, 10:02 PM

The Lions have the Rams’ pick.

Also, the Seahawks have the Broncos’ pick, and the Eagles have the Saints’ pick.

msstate7
12-27-2022, 10:02 PM
I wish Sean Payton would agree to go to Houston. He'd get his pick of the qbs in this draft, and maybe the saints could get #11 currently back as compensation. Maybe those a conditional 3rd rounder in 2024 with Sean to get mills and #11

Lord McBuckethead
12-27-2022, 10:48 PM
Levis is not good. He isn?t that big. He isn?t durable. His arm throws a bunch of interceptions like he cannot anticipate the action.

Cowbell
12-28-2022, 12:37 AM
Give me the mailman over Levis. Any day of the week.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vbzKLP_PpK8

Irondawg
12-28-2022, 01:50 AM
I wouldn?t feel good about drafting any of those qb in the first round. I?d try to trade down or just work on my other issues if I was picking early.

Tater
12-28-2022, 02:37 AM

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

You'd think after the first time you ****ed up who has what draft picks, you'd educate yourself. You literally have all of collected human recorded history at your fingertips. And you choose to still be wrong.

thf24
12-28-2022, 11:35 AM
Levis is the off brand Joe Burreaux. He doesn't have the "IT Factor" Joe has but they are very similar in skills.

Junior year Burrow maybe, before subsequently proving he was elite while still in college. Levis at this point feels a whole lot more like another Drew Lock to me. Obvious talent, projects well physically to the NFL, but a whole lot of head-scratching or excuses as to why he never lived up to the buzz before going pro.

maroonmania
12-28-2022, 11:51 AM
Josh Allen college rushing stats- 237/767....12 rushing TD's
Will Levis college rushing stats- 312/742...17 rushing TD's

Levis at Ohio State had much better rushing stats than Kentucky

Had no idea Levis had rushed that many times in college, but watching both its still pretty clear to me that Levis isn't the runner Allen is. But the biggest thing is that Levis just simply doesn't look very special when you watch him play. But you never know what an NFL team will do. Heck, the Jets drafted Zach Wilson 2nd overall because they thought they saw something and boy are they paying for it.

Coach34
12-28-2022, 12:03 PM
Just because Goff's playing well now doesn't really mean crap a year from now or two years from now when his contract expires. There's a reason the Rams shipped his a$$ to Detroit when they did. Teams always need good backup QBs. Ask Arizona or Miami or Philadelphia right now how important having a good backup is.

These other teams looking for QBs are looking for day 1 starters. Levis doesn't appear to be the guy that can be that. Sitting behind Goff for a couple of years gives them time to still be competitive while developing their QB of the future.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/table/passing/sort/totalPointsPerGame/dir/asc

Detroit is last in the NFL in defense. They are not drafting a QB in the 1st round.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-28-2022, 12:06 PM
1. Levis
2. Young
3. Stroud
4. Richardson

Mel Kiper has lost his damn mind or is blind one.