PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen anything official

Msujd164
12-27-2022, 05:38 PM
on uniforms for the game yet? Anything honoring Coach?

Chuck3124
12-28-2022, 10:05 AM
Too short of a notice to get a uniform done for the bowl game

gtowndawg
12-28-2022, 10:34 AM

I suspect the only thing (potentially) is a different decal on the helmet (ie: pirate flag). A decal is something they would have had enough time to get. Everything else will be our normal uniform is my hunch.

sleepy dawg
12-28-2022, 10:38 AM

No way. There's been plenty of time if a decision was made early. They could turn around something in a few days if they wanted too.

Chuck3124
12-28-2022, 10:44 AM
No way. There's been plenty of time if a decision was made early. They could turn around something in a few days if they wanted too.

That?s just what I was told by someone it was just too short of notice to get a uniform done. Wearing I believe maroon tops gray pants. With a sticker on the helmet honoring ML

smootness
12-28-2022, 10:56 AM

Getting an entirely new uniform designed, approved, and manufactured absolutely takes more than a few days.

Lord McBuckethead
12-28-2022, 12:11 PM
Disagree.
Wear the all blacks. Put a pirate sticker on one side of the black matte helmet with the White STATE script on the other side.

Took me 12 seconds to think of that and type it.

Lord McBuckethead
12-28-2022, 12:12 PM
Getting an entirely new uniform designed, approved, and manufactured absolutely takes more than a few days.

What the hell else does Adidas have going on? They could have done this within 4 days.

Really Clark?
12-28-2022, 12:25 PM
What the hell else does Adidas have going on? They could have done this within 4 days.

Holidays, supply chain issues, sactually making 90 uniforms, shipping them in...2-3 weeks min for a priority order if they have all the material ready for a new uniform. Regular order for a new uniform is 2-3 months and Adidas has been very backordered since Covid. My daughter's college is an Adidas school and their final uniform combo was 6 months late. Was mid-season before she and the team received their final uniform. All of their new uniforms were late.

I agree though, if you do a patch on one of our uniforms we already have and helmet decals, that's doable.

Msujd164
12-28-2022, 12:47 PM
We already have the black uniform, and to do a pirate flag decal on the helmet could be done in a week. I?ll be disappointed in our administration if we come out in regular uniforms and the same sticker that every other SEC team has been wearing.

Catfish
12-28-2022, 01:19 PM
We already have the black uniform, and to do a pirate flag decal on the helmet could be done in a week. I?ll be disappointed in our administration if we come out in regular uniforms and the same sticker that every other SEC team has been wearing.

Bingo!!

schddog72
12-28-2022, 07:15 PM
Disagree.
Wear the all blacks. Put a pirate sticker on one side of the black matte helmet with the White STATE script on the other side.

Took me 12 seconds to think of that and type it.

I thought Illinois is the home team??

WSOPdawg
12-28-2022, 07:24 PM

Too short of a notice is the Mississippi State "way..." Take NIL, for example, MSU people really expected us to have a "play in the gray" NIL program implemented by the start of the football season this past August??? Our leaders are ALWAYS the last ones to implement something new (remember how long it took us to finally sell beer in the stadium). Another example, we still haven't replaced Cohen as AD and he's been gone months (and unfortunately, CML's untimely passing arguably placed us with very few options).

Anybody expecting MSU leaders to approach anything at a pace faster than watching paint dry or grass grow hasn't been paying attention.

Really Clark?
12-28-2022, 07:29 PM
Too short of a notice is the Mississippi State "way..." Take NIL, for example, MSU people really expected us to have a "play in the gray" NIL program implemented by the start of the football season this past August??? Our leaders are ALWAYS the last ones to implement something new (remember how long it took us to finally sell beer in the stadium). Another example, we still haven't replaced Cohen as AD and he's been gone months (and unfortunately, CML's untimely passing arguably placed us with very few options).

Anybody expecting MSU leaders to approach anything at a pace faster than watching paint dry or grass grow hasn't been paying attention.

And none of that has anything to do with being able to get new uniforms designed, ordered, made and delivered from the Far East in time for 90 players.

Coach34
12-28-2022, 07:31 PM
And none of that has anything to do with being able to get new uniforms designed, ordered, made in the Far East and delivered in time for 90 players.

We have a black uni. All we really need are the Tampa Bay similar helmet stickers with a Bulldog or something on them

Really Clark?
12-28-2022, 07:33 PM
We have a black uni. All we really need are the Tampa Bay similar helmet stickers with a Bulldog or something on them

I agree and said as much earlier in the thread. But these guys are arguing we should be able to get complete new uniforms inside of a week. That's not possible and has nothing to do with the school.

We could also have a patch for the Jersey made and sown on. That's doable too.

Coach34
12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
I agree and said as much earlier in the thread. But these guys are arguing we should be able to get complete new uniforms inside of a week. That's not possible and has nothing to do with the school.

We could also have a patch for the Jersey made and sown on. That's doable too.

Yeah the supply chain issue is real. We finally received 10 helmets and 8 pair of shoulder pads we ordered in June a couple of weeks ago.

WSOPdawg
12-28-2022, 08:46 PM
And none of that has anything to do with being able to get new uniforms designed, ordered, made and delivered from the Far East in time for 90 players.

Really Clark? You serious Clark?

Bro, if you're gonna do something to honor CML, you gotta know you are operating in a very short window. But you gotta figure out how to work with what you have (ie, not order NEW uni's or helmets but modify existing threads). If you wanna act like we're reinventing the wheel, so be it, but I'm just saying that mindset of thinking is typical of many MSU actions that our current leadership has shown they excel in.

Really Clark?
12-28-2022, 08:54 PM
Really Clark? You serious Clark?

Bro, if you're gonna do something to honor CML, you gotta know you are operating in a very short window. But you gotta figure out how to work with what you have (ie, not order NEW uni's or helmets but modify existing threads). If you wanna act like we're reinventing the wheel, so be it, but I'm just saying that mindset of thinking is typical of many MSU actions that our current leadership has shown they excel in.

Those options have already been discussed and let's see what has been done first. But several kept mentioning and took your post to mean we should have been on top of getting new uniforms in in time for the bowl game. The school has no control over that and it can't be done that quickly. That's what I took your original post to mean then I misinterpreted what you where talking about and apologize. But I don't see how that is a negative toward our school because we can't get it done in time. Decals, a patch added to something we already have, I agree it's doable for sure.

Really Clark?
12-28-2022, 08:56 PM
Yeah the supply chain issue is real. We finally received 10 helmets and 8 pair of shoulder pads we ordered in June a couple of weeks ago.

It's stupid crazy. My daughters college team never got cleats from Adidas last year. They refunded the school and they went with Mizuno stock cleats just to make sure they got in before the season.

WSOPdawg
12-28-2022, 09:04 PM
Those options have already been discussed and let's see what has been done first. But several kept mentioning and took your post to mean we should have been on top of getting new uniforms in in time for the bowl game. The school has no control over that and it can't be done that quickly. That's what I took your original post to mean then I misinterpreted what you where talking about and apologize. But I don't see how that is a negative toward our school because we can't get it done in time. Decals, a patch added to something we already have, I agree it's doable for sure.

Definitely agree. Hopefully we'll come out with something CML would be proud of.