PDA

View Full Version : Is tua done?

msstate7
12-26-2022, 10:03 PM
In concussion protocol again. He's had a fantastic season, but he can't keep playing imo

RocketDawg
12-26-2022, 10:06 PM
He probably shouldn't be playing. A person's brain can't stand continuous abuse. The Dolphins screwed up in letting him come back too soon.

There was a Chargers player ejected a few minutes ago in the game against the Colts. It was a pretty vicious hit, helmet right in the guys facemask.

SteelCurtain74
12-26-2022, 10:10 PM
In concussion protocol again. He's had a fantastic season, but he can't keep playing imo

He needs to be done. If the Dolphins or NFL allow him to play, they are showing "player safety" is nothing more than a PR talking point.

MetEdDawg
12-26-2022, 10:17 PM
So do you sit him if he passes all of the things he has to in order to return to play?

Just because safety?

I get concussions are a big deal. I understand why. But put yourself as the GM of the Dolphins. My job is secured based on how well my team does. But I'm going to potentially bench my QB even if he passes through concussion protocol?

If he passes it he goes back in, and if not, he stays out. That's why the rules are in place.

SteelCurtain74
12-26-2022, 10:39 PM
So do you sit him if he passes all of the things he has to in order to return to play?

Just because safety?

I get concussions are a big deal. I understand why. But put yourself as the GM of the Dolphins. My job is secured based on how well my team does. But I'm going to potentially bench my QB even if he passes through concussion protocol?

If he passes it he goes back in, and if not, he stays out. That's why the rules are in place.

Absolutely, in this case. The NFL changed its concussion protocol because of Tua. This would be, at a minimum his 3rd concussion this season. Are you saying if Tua got a concussion each week he should be good to go the next week as long as he passes the protocol?

Bridgewater is the backup and more than capable of leading a team this week.

The GM will be fine. If the owner fired him over holding Tua out this week, then that organization is being led by a clown.This is the same organization btw that was penalized this year for tampering back in 2019. They lost next year's first round draft pick because of it. If I'm the owner/GM, I probably don't want unnecessary media coverage if Tua has to be carted off the field again this week. At some point enough is enough.

bulldawg28
12-27-2022, 01:04 AM
Tua should retire and the dolphins should sign Lamar Jackson.

Saltydog
12-27-2022, 04:25 AM

Probably so. The play in question seemed fairly harmless to be honest. I didn't think a whole lot about it when it happened live. There is some evidence to suggest that once you have them you somewhat develop a predisposition for recurrence. I know that sounds crazy but I read something about this fairly recently.

Maverick91
12-27-2022, 10:31 AM
I made a comment to some bama buddies of mine that Hurts would have a longer and better career than Tua. They all laughed me out of the car. I hate for the kid but sometimes your body just fails you.

Coach34
12-27-2022, 10:40 AM
I knew when he broke against us when one of our guys fell on him he was brittle. Looks like a soft head as well. Concussions forced greats Steve Young & Troy Aikman to retire early- it happens. He should sit out the rest of this year and give it another try next season. He gets another next year he will have to begin his next career

SteelCurtain74
12-27-2022, 01:58 PM
No way the NFL can allow him to play again this season

https://twitter.com/ChrisNowinski1/status/1607545900963926017?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1607545900963926017%7Ctwgr% 5E70b694aa0c008334fb74065e3bb3b660a756b21a%7Ctwcon %5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.totalprosports.com%2Fnfl %2Ftua-tagovailoa-third-concussion-nfl-first%2F

MrCoachKlein
12-27-2022, 02:31 PM
Tua should retire and the dolphins should sign Lamar Jackson.

Why get a QB that cant throw to WRs when thats probably their best group?

bulldawg28
12-27-2022, 02:57 PM
Why get a QB that cant throw to WRs when thats probably their best group?

One of those haters huh?