PDA

View Full Version : Quicklane Bowl

SpaceBully
12-26-2022, 04:06 PM
Currently watching the game from Detroit with New Mexico State vs Bowling Green. To be honest, I can't EVER remember a New Mexico team playing in a bowl game. And isn't this Chris Jans's old school? I get NMSU and UNM confused a lot on different things, so I guess I shouldn't be ashamed I don't know better when people from far away locations don't know the difference between MSU and OM either. Surprised to see such a nice following from both these teams for such an insignificant bowl game in Michigan. I am aware of Bowling Green a little because we've played them a few times. Must be a lot of locals have turned out in all that snow. Maybe Chris can get us an OOC football game hooked up with his alma mater. I'd love to go the state of New Mexico to visit. Never been there. Would make a nice small football weekend vacation.

msudawg1200
12-26-2022, 05:36 PM
New Mexico State is the Aggies. They are crimson and white and located in Las Cruces. Jerry Kill, of Northern Illinois and Minnesota fame, is their coach. They re currently an Independent. They have only been to 2 bowl games since 1960. The 2017 Arizona Bowl where they beat Utah State and the 2022 Quick Lane Bowl. Yes, this is where Chris Jans coached.
New Mexico is the Lobos. They are Cherry red and silver. They are located in Albuquerque. They play in the Mountain West. Since 1961, they have been to 8 bowl games. 1997 Insight.com Bowl(now the Guaranteed Rate Bowl), 2002 Vegas Bowl, 2003 Vegas Bowl, 2004 Emerald Bowl(old San Francisco Bowl) 2006, 2007, 2015, and 2016 New Mexico Bowls. Their most famous NFL star is Brian Urlacher. Our own Head Coach, Zach Arnett, was a LB on the 05-08 teams, so he played in 2 bowl games. Interesting tidbit, we were supposed to open up the 2020 season with New Mexico for Coach Leach's first game, but Covid screwed that up.

Reason2succeed
12-26-2022, 06:25 PM
One is cherry red and the other is crimson. Hmm! I make no apologies for not knowing the difference. 🥴🥴🤣🤣

RocketDawg
12-26-2022, 07:50 PM
One is cherry red and the other is crimson. Hmm! I make no apologies for not knowing the difference. ��������

I suppose it's similar to the difference in light brown and ecru. Somehow, women seem to know the difference.

msudawg1200
12-26-2022, 08:07 PM
One is cherry red and the other is crimson. Hmm! I make no apologies for not knowing the difference. 🥴🥴🤣🤣

It's called cherry red, but it's bright scarlet. NMSU is crimson, but it's almost maroon.