PDA

View Full Version : Portal transfers

TheLostDawg
12-26-2022, 03:47 PM
https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/football/mississippi-state-football-transfer-portal-fcs-wide-receiver-freddie-roberson

Also DJ has January 3 as announcement date

EdwardDrayton
12-26-2022, 05:24 PM
Jan 3rd? Sorry, I have a conflict of schedule. I need to clean the gutters.

msstate7
12-31-2022, 10:02 AM
Any word of who we pursuing?

msstate7
12-31-2022, 10:09 AM
Looking around the sec...

Georgia has added 2 good WRs with sec experience.

LSU has done quite well so far in addition to keeping their qb.

Really like Kentucky's additions. Leary, davis, and Hardaway are HRs. Then got some highly rated unproven guys.

OM getting 3 4-star rated WR transfers is pretty good. We coulda used those guys

CoachT14
12-31-2022, 10:24 AM
Looking around the sec...

Georgia has added 2 good WRs with sec experience.

LSU has done quite well so far in addition to keeping their qb.

Really like Kentucky's additions. Leary, davis, and Hardaway are HRs. Then got some highly rated unproven guys.

OM getting 3 4-star rated WR transfers is pretty good. We coulda used those guys

Yep. We keep dragging our feet and don’t have anything offensively to sell. It’s hurting us in the portal. We need a LT and legit X. But here we are a couple of defensive guys in the portal.

yjnkdawg
12-31-2022, 11:39 AM
Yep. We keep dragging our feet and don’t have anything offensively to sell. It’s hurting us in the portal. We need a LT and legit X. But here we are a couple of defensive guys in the portal.

How do you know we are "dragging our feet"? The main focus right now for our players and coaches is to win the bowl game. Why don't we see how it all plays out after the bowl game and how CZA handles it.

CaptainObvious
12-31-2022, 11:43 AM

We need an OC soon or we will completely miss the first transfer portal window.

yjnkdawg
12-31-2022, 11:52 AM
We need an OC soon or we will completely miss the first transfer portal window.

The recruits coming in next weekend should know who the new OC is whether it has been officially announced by MSU or not.

Bdawg
12-31-2022, 02:31 PM
DJ still seems to be considering his options. Seems he has a good bit of offers and NIL options but I think MSU is in the mix. Think he really likes Arnett(and have talked a good bit) but just wants to to be used in a more diverse running attack. Not zone read right and zone read left. That?s literally the only 2 running plays we had. The little pitch play was a pass. I could see where we would have trouble in games against leach disciples. Will didn?t check as much as you think either!

Goldendawg
12-31-2022, 04:15 PM
How long until he's gripping again or trying to dictate the offense? He was one of my favorite dawgs, but all this drama and his exit took me by surprise. Trust the coaches, have mixed emotions on this one. His narrowing it down to 4 teams, MSU included, and having a big reveal announcement day speaks to the look at me reality of the portal. Hail State!

Cowbell
12-31-2022, 04:26 PM
How long until he's gripping again or trying to dictate the offense? He was one of my favorite dawgs, but all this drama and his exist took me by surprise. Trust the coaches, have mixed emotions on this one. His narrowing it down to 4 teams, MSU included, and having a big reveal announcement day speaks to the look at me reality of the portal. Hail State!

Yeah I'm over wll this second reveal party stuff. Immaturity could be shown any easier

Bdawg
12-31-2022, 04:57 PM
How long until he's gripping again or trying to dictate the offense? He was one of my favorite dawgs, but all this drama and his exit took me by surprise. Trust the coaches, have mixed emotions on this one. His narrowing it down to 4 teams, MSU included, and having a big reveal announcement day speaks to the look at me reality of the portal. Hail State!

Yeah this second reveal stuff is kinda childish but he is good kid. He made one mistake but so did Leach. He posted again after Leach’s death, which seem pretty genuine. There was no way he could have predicted Leach passing, which makes the tweet even worse given the situation. If I was a RB, only having 2 running plays would be kinda frustrating too. I wasn’t aware he was ever griping or being a detriment to his team, but I’m not in the know on these things and you may can help me out with that. I just know MSU is his favorite school, and like all college kids, he want to go to the league. And a Leach, 2 play offense for runs doesn’t seems like the right offense to showcase a RB. Now it will show your hands and pass blocking skills, but it’s not what most RBs want to showcase. He just seems like an asset to our team if he’s not a griper.

Goldendawg
12-31-2022, 05:17 PM
Yeah this second reveal stuff is kinda childish but he is good kid. He made one mistake but so did Leach. He posted again after Leach?s death, which seem pretty genuine. There was no way he could have predicted Leach passing, which makes the tweet even worse given the situation. If I was a RB, only having 2 running plays would be kinda frustrating too. I wasn?t aware he was ever griping or being a detriment to his team, but I?m not in the know on these things and you may can help me out with that. I just know MSU is his favorite school, and like all college kids, he want to go to the league. And a Leach, 2 play offense for runs doesn?t seems like the right offense to showcase a RB. Now it will show your hands and pass blocking skills, but it?s not what most RBs want to showcase. He just seems like an asset to our team if he?s not a griper.

I have no inside info on the situation. Like I said, he was one of my favorite dawgs, and he did make some comments after the Egg that our O needed to run the ball more. Heck, I have and do agree with this. His hard nosed runs helped us win that game and his run to the pylon may have been a TD. His "Portal Reveal Day", I don't like. After all that has happened, if it is State and we will have and want him back, just do it, come back home, and get back to work. That being said, may well be one of the other 3, thus announcement day, looking at you Festus.

Bdawg
12-31-2022, 06:19 PM
I have no inside info on the situation. Like I said, he was one of my favorite dawgs, and he did make some comments after the Egg that our O needed to run the ball more. Heck, I have and do agree with this. His hard nosed runs helped us win that game and his run to the pylon may have been a TD. His "Portal Reveal Day", I don't like. After all that has happened, if it is State and we will have and want him back, just do it, come back home, and get back to work. That being said, may well be one of the other 3, thus announcement day, looking at you Festus.

He knows just like you, when we ran the ball more, we had success.

RocketDawg
12-31-2022, 08:38 PM
https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/football/mississippi-state-football-transfer-portal-fcs-wide-receiver-freddie-roberson

Also DJ has January 3 as announcement date

Is he going to do the hat trick thing?

mo7888
12-31-2022, 08:49 PM
Is he going to do the hat trick thing?

I hope he doesn't choose us..

msstate7
12-31-2022, 08:50 PM
I hope he doesn't choose us..

Why would you hope that? If we want him, I want him

basedog
12-31-2022, 09:15 PM

Is he practicing or playing in bowl?

Cowbell
12-31-2022, 09:26 PM
Is he practicing or playing in bowl?

I would have told him that if he was coming here he better be back at bowl practice. I imagine there will be a divide if he comes back and him and 7 are fighting for PT next year. When 7 stick with us

basedog
12-31-2022, 10:06 PM
I would have told him that if he was coming here he better be back at bowl practice. I imagine there will be a divide if he comes back and him and 7 are fighting for PT next year. When 7 stick with us

I can’t see him coming back. I think it’s trash calling for announcement to where he is going. Move along DJ. Good luck.

Cowbell
12-31-2022, 10:15 PM
I can’t see him coming back. I think it’s trash calling for announcement to where he is going. Move along DJ. Good luck.

I agree. It's further proven that he's immature and he's replaceable.

NCDawg
12-31-2022, 10:15 PM

Yeah, I don't agree with that either. We don't need to showboat. I liked DJ, how he ran hard, but if he wants to leave, good luck to him.

mo7888
01-02-2023, 04:20 PM

Because I don't think his talent justifies his distraction and I think SP is just better and I'd rather give him more reps...I've thought that all season..

parabrave
01-02-2023, 07:37 PM
I think that Price just procurred any NIL deal that State would've given DJ on that last drive.

TheLostDawg
01-02-2023, 08:02 PM
I think that Price just procurred any NIL deal that State would've given DJ on that last drive.

Haha++ do it