PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Coach

parabrave
12-26-2022, 02:02 PM
just got fired. Haven't seen much of them this year but how many think they got fleeced by Wilson?

bulldawg28
12-26-2022, 02:11 PM
The coach calls the plays. Wilson has shown he can win however the coach hasn't proven it.

662dawg
12-26-2022, 02:26 PM
The coach calls the plays. Wilson has shown he can win however the coach hasn't proven it.

Bro. LOL. Wilson cost this man his job. He's been awful. That doesn't take away what he's done in the past, but his main problems are not the play calling.

I thank the good Lord every single day that the Saints didn't sign him. Maybe he comes back around soon though.

Commercecomet24
12-26-2022, 02:31 PM
Wilson has been a shell of himself this year. A step slow and his arm strength just isn't there.

confucius say
12-26-2022, 02:46 PM
RW was good for a long time. He's done.

Catfish
12-26-2022, 03:01 PM
He's got the Peyton Manning arm now.

Commercecomet24
12-26-2022, 03:07 PM
He's got the Peyton Manning arm now.

Yes unfortunately he does. Every throw is a semi Hail Mary.

Goldendawg
12-26-2022, 03:38 PM
Wilson has been a shell of himself this year. A step slow and his arm strength just isn't there.

Agree, 100%. Also from a lifetime Raiders fan, they made a big mistake giving Carr franchise $, have not and will not win with him. Their HC not looking too good either.

Goldendawg
12-26-2022, 03:41 PM
Son and I watched Tampa Bay vs. Arizona last night. Sure looked like Brady was running our version of the Air raid in the last few drives, passes in the flats to the backs and short stuff in the middle to WR, little to no long throws.

Commercecomet24
12-26-2022, 03:49 PM
Son and I watched Tampa Bay vs. Arizona last night. Sure looked like Brady was running our version of the Air raid in the last few drives, passes in the flats to the backs and short stuff in the middle to WR, little to no long throws.

Arizona was forcing Brady to take the check downs all night, playing zone. That and the patchwork ol was giving him zero time to even look deep. Tampa ol been decimated by injuries this year, almost no run game.

TheLostDawg
12-26-2022, 03:49 PM

Yes he's hurt. Tough guy. Playing through it

Commercecomet24
12-26-2022, 03:50 PM
Agree, 100%. Also from a lifetime Raiders fan, they made a big mistake giving Carr franchise $, have not and will not win with him. Their HC not looking too good either.

Yeah I agree on Carr. Good qb but definitely not elite.

SpaceBully
12-26-2022, 04:21 PM
Russell is on the downslope of his career and he thrived better under an elite coach in Carroll. I think he'll have to make another NFL stop where he fits better. He could probably use a year off to recuperate from his nagging injuries and get his mind right.

msstate7
12-26-2022, 04:27 PM
Russell has been horrible this season after being really good last season. I have a hard time seeing him being completely done that quick. The broncos should go hard after Sean Payton with the 1st they get from the niners. They're in too deep on Russell now to not sell out on a great coach like Sean

msstate7
12-26-2022, 04:30 PM
Russell is on the downslope of his career and he thrived better under an elite coach in Carroll. I think he'll have to make another NFL stop where he fits better. He could probably use a year off to recuperate from his nagging injuries and get his mind right.

Here's his dead cap... he ain't going anywhere

https://i.postimg.cc/KzRbfP0n/825-CA682-5439-4-E84-BDF1-FCC9-AB53-CE16.jpg (https://postimg.cc/KkSCvMSz)

bulldawg28
12-26-2022, 06:43 PM
Bro. LOL. Wilson cost this man his job. He's been awful. That doesn't take away what he's done in the past, but his main problems are not the play calling.

I thank the good Lord every single day that the Saints didn't sign him. Maybe he comes back around soon though.

He'll have the Saints success behind him next year when they hire Sean Payton. Also, tell me what this coach has done? I've never heard of him until now. How can you defend an unknown and blame the proven?

662dawg
12-26-2022, 06:55 PM
He'll have the Saints success behind him next year when they hire Sean Payton. Also, tell me what this coach has done? I've never heard of him until now. How can you defend an unknown and blame the proven?

Bc that PROVEN has been total garbage this year. You don't think the old Russell Wilson would have been worth at least 2-3 more wins, maybe more? & the coach keeps his job & gets at least another year if they have 6-7 wins right now. So yes that "proven" guy playing like a 6th round weak armed horrible decision making rookie had a tremendous amount to do with the coach losing his job.

662dawg
12-26-2022, 06:59 PM

And fwiw, Aaron Rodgers didn't seem to miss a beat when Hackett was calling his plays 🤷

On January 14, 2019, Hackett was hired by the Green Bay Packers as their offensive coordinator under head coach Matt LaFleur.[7] Hackett, alongside star quarterback Aaron Rodgers, led the Packers to becoming the league's best scoring offense in the 2020 season.[8]

bulldawg28
12-26-2022, 07:09 PM
And fwiw, Aaron Rodgers didn't seem to miss a beat when Hackett was calling his plays ��

On January 14, 2019, Hackett was hired by the Green Bay Packers as their offensive coordinator under head coach Matt LaFleur.[7] Hackett, alongside star quarterback Aaron Rodgers, led the Packers to becoming the league's best scoring offense in the 2020 season.[8]

He didn't improve Aaron's game let's be truthful. The dude could perform with you coaching him.

662dawg
12-26-2022, 07:20 PM
He didn't improve Aaron's game let's be truthful. The dude could perform with you coaching him.

I agree with that. But so could Russell Wilson 2-3 years ago.his problems have nothing to do with coaching.

Commercecomet24
12-26-2022, 07:47 PM
If you've watched Wilson play you'll see he's not as mobile and his arm strength is bad. Some of it may be due to injuries but he's not a young man anymore and he's showing the signs of age. It happens.

bulldawg28
12-26-2022, 08:37 PM
I agree with that. But so could Russell Wilson 2-3 years ago.his problems have nothing to do with coaching.

Possibly, but the style and play calling isn't helping.

Homedawg
12-26-2022, 08:41 PM
If you've watched Wilson play you'll see he's not as mobile and his arm strength is bad. Some of it may be due to injuries but he's not a young man anymore and he's showing the signs of age. It happens.

To add w bad accuracy and poor decision making and you have a bad bad year.

662dawg
12-26-2022, 08:51 PM

Exactly. A recipe for disaster for any first time head coach.

If Russell had been the old Russell then Hackett would have at least seen one more year. Hackett may very well be a disaster, but his franchise QB has been an even bigger disaster & that's not on him.

Commercecomet24
12-26-2022, 09:00 PM
To add w bad accuracy and poor decision making and you have a bad bad year.

100%.

BeardoMSU
12-27-2022, 08:32 AM

That contract....woof

EdwardDrayton
12-27-2022, 03:09 PM
That contract....woof

No kidding. That thing is an inescapable albatross.

Commercecomet24
12-27-2022, 03:12 PM
That contract....woof

Yeah it's not quite as bad as the Bobby Bonilla contract but it's close lol!

State82
12-27-2022, 03:29 PM
My guess would be on Dan Quinn getting that job.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-27-2022, 04:03 PM

This year, the only thing Wilson has done is show what an underrated coach Pete Carroll is. Seattle is ~ .500 and competing for the division in a total rebuild year. Wilson took over at QB in Denver looking to compete for a Super Bowl. Wilson will retire in a couple years, but his time in Denver most likely cost him HoF honors.

Goldendawg
12-27-2022, 04:42 PM
No kidding. That thing is an inescapable albatross.

His contract and declining future may make him the Jimbo Fisher of the NFL at QB. Hail State!