PDA

View Full Version : Off Field Staff Changes

confucius say
12-25-2022, 10:49 PM
Hearing Arnett is doing some restructuring and retooling. Positive moves if true.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-25-2022, 11:01 PM
Brad Peterson to chief of staff I heard.

Todd4State
12-26-2022, 01:41 AM
Yes. We will focus even more on Mississippi I think. Not that we've been bad by any means in my opinion. But I do think that if we can find a way to land 1-2 higher impact players in state- the guys like a Nakobe Dean and etc. we could definitely improve our profile.

confucius say
12-26-2022, 09:14 AM
Brad Peterson to chief of staff I heard.
Yep. And Thackery leaving. Dudek too.

TheLostDawg
12-26-2022, 09:38 AM

What's your opinion on this. Expected I imagine

KOdawg1
12-26-2022, 09:38 AM
Can't be!? When I was discussing potential coaching hires under the assumption that we'd have a little shakeup, I was told that we only have one opening. Wild.

We're gonna lose a coach or two on both sides of the ball. It's bound to happen with a new coach.

Cowbell
12-26-2022, 10:06 AM

Curious on this as well

Homedawg
12-26-2022, 10:15 AM
Curious on this as well

The changes made, will all be for the better!

CaptainObvious
12-26-2022, 10:56 AM
The changes made, will all be for the better!

Let?s go down to John Correro:
<one can only hope so Jack>

basedog
12-26-2022, 11:01 AM
I don't keep up with recruiting and assistant coaches any longer. What position do those guys Coach that are rumored to be leaving?

was21
12-26-2022, 11:16 AM
I don't keep up with recruiting and assistant coaches any longer. What position do those guys Coach that are rumored to be leaving?

I don't think either one actually coaches. They're more administrative types.

DEDawg
12-26-2022, 11:29 AM
Honestly, I hope most the changes coming are on the admin side. Compliance, Legal, and NIL. Become a player, let's play moneyball

BuckyIsAB****
12-26-2022, 11:35 AM
Dudek needed to go

TheLostDawg
12-26-2022, 12:00 PM
Dudek needed to go

Yeah I was wondering how he'd do after we "took him" from Michigan

Coach34
12-26-2022, 12:25 PM
Love the idea of Peterson being back. Good move by Arnette

Lord McBuckethead
12-26-2022, 12:40 PM
I personally liked the Dudeks. Family seemed pretty cool.

Homedawg
12-26-2022, 12:59 PM
Dudek needed to go

Amen

Coach34
12-26-2022, 01:01 PM
Amen

Yeah...hearing this from multiple places

Rawdawg
12-26-2022, 01:15 PM
It?s more than just Thackery and Dudek, a lot of the offensive staff is being told to move on.

ZedFedder
12-26-2022, 01:26 PM
Why did Dudek need to go? Why did Thackery need to go? I just am not in the know.

KOdawg1
12-26-2022, 01:32 PM
Need to bring Bumphis home if Spurrier moves on, which I expect he will

confucius say
12-26-2022, 01:43 PM
What's your opinion on this. Expected I imagine

Arnett wanted the changes. And my opinion is they need to happen. Nothing personal against either. Thackery likely to end up at usc with Lincoln and emerick. Dudek, who knows where he will go, but it needs to happen.

I believe there will be efforts made to keep rod Gibson. He and Peterson have a good rship so that should help.

confucius say
12-26-2022, 01:52 PM
Also, Thackery leaving means her husband is leaning too. He is the S&C guy for baseball.

TrapGame
12-26-2022, 03:02 PM
It?s more than just Thackery and Dudek, a lot of the offensive staff is being told to move on.

Preparing for new OC bringing in his people?

Coach34
12-26-2022, 03:08 PM
Preparing for new OC bringing in his people?

Yes as well as people associated with Mississippi. Arnette is a “Our State” kinda guy like Mullen

Commercecomet24
12-26-2022, 03:26 PM
Yes as well as people associated with Mississippi. Arnette is a “Our State” kinda guy like Mullen

I love that about Zach! He's become one of us.

TrapGame
12-26-2022, 03:38 PM

Good Deal.

Todd4State
12-26-2022, 05:52 PM

I've heard both receiver coaches, OL coach, DL coach and maybe Hughes retires.

Todd4State
12-26-2022, 05:54 PM
Arnett wanted the changes. And my opinion is they need to happen. Nothing personal against either. Thackery likely to end up at usc with Lincoln and emerick. Dudek, who knows where he will go, but it needs to happen.

I believe there will be efforts made to keep rod Gibson. He and Peterson have a good rship so that should help.

I find it kind of funny that a guy from New Mexico wants all of the same coaches with Mississippi State ties.

Sounds to me like he has booster people in his ear.

Todd4State
12-26-2022, 05:55 PM
Also, Thackery leaving means her husband is leaning too. He is the S&C guy for baseball.

That's probably for the best. For baseball.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2022, 06:01 PM

So we hire Arnett for stability and then flip most of the staff. I ain't mad though.

TheLostDawg
12-26-2022, 06:05 PM

What about the te coach? *

Bark
12-26-2022, 06:15 PM
So we hire Arnett for stability and then flip most of the staff. I ain't mad though.

This isn't going to be good.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-26-2022, 06:30 PM
Whats Jacob Peeler doing these days?

Todd4State
12-26-2022, 06:39 PM

LOL. Yep!

I get it. But it's kind of bad under the circumstances too. But I get it- again.

Todd4State
12-26-2022, 06:39 PM
What about the te coach? *

Hearing he's safe.**

Coach34
12-26-2022, 06:45 PM

Why? The pure Air Raid pretty much died with Leach. You cant hire a new OC and tell him he has to keep all these people. Some people are leaving on their own because they arent getting the OC job.

Bringing Peterson back is a great move. Having guys with Mississippi ties already is better than bringing guys in that have to develop that over 2-3-4 years. Spurrier leaving? Bump would certainly be a strong replacement. Has done a good job in Utah

Lots of good things going on right now

dawgday166
12-26-2022, 07:05 PM
Why? The pure Air Raid pretty much died with Leach. You cant hire a new OC and tell him he has to keep all these people. Some people are leaving on their own because they arent getting the OC job.

Bringing Peterson back is a great move. Having guys with Mississippi ties already is better than bringing guys in that have to develop that over 2-3-4 years. Spurrier leaving? Bump would certainly be a strong replacement. Has done a good job in Utah

Lots of good things going on right now

I can see them leaving cause they didn't get the OC job but ... Why can't Arnett get an OC and keep the staff? Happens all the time and seems to me most HCs (not Coordinators) hire the offensive & defensive staffs. Leach hired the defensive staff Arnett took over.

Any of those guys could coach in probably any system really. They all been around the block once or twice. Besides, if we keep some version of the Air Raid (which is my understanding), it won't be a leap for them to modify some things.

Does seem as if the "stability" factor will take a hit if all leave that was posted above.

Tough Dawg
12-26-2022, 07:09 PM
What?s the great thing about having Peterson back outside of MS high school coaching relationships? That?s a great thing I know. Just curious why he left or Leach didn?t keep him if he?s that great.

Coach34
12-26-2022, 07:32 PM
I can see them leaving cause they didn't get the OC job but ... Why can't Arnett get an OC and keep the staff? Happens all the time and seems to me most HCs (not Coordinators) hire the offensive & defensive staffs. Leach hired the defensive staff Arnett took over.

Any of those guys could coach in probably any system really. They all been around the block once or twice. Besides, if we keep some version of the Air Raid (which is my understanding), it won't be a leap for them to modify some things.

Does seem as if the "stability" factor will take a hit if all leave that was posted above.

A) Leach was the QB Coach. As important as that position is- the new OC is going to coach it himself or have someone he knows well coach QB's.

B) You dont need 2 WR coaches. Go back to 1 and make sure one of your GA's is good with WR's

C) Coaching personalities have to match up fairly well. Got to have assts the HC gets along with or at least works well with but that's also important for the OC. You dont need assts saying- "well Coach Leach had us doing that this way here at State- you sure you want to change that?". OC has to have guys committed to him.

D) Having "stability" doesnt mean keeping the whole staff. Means we are keeping some of the coaches and the mentality of the program wont change much

E) It only makes sense Arnette would get people he wanted to work closely with him and not keep people that have been following Leach around for years. There's been rumblings about people not being happy with Thackery and Dudek for awhile

Coach34
12-26-2022, 07:35 PM
What?s the great thing about having Peterson back outside of MS high school coaching relationships? That?s a great thing I know. Just curious why he left or Leach didn?t keep him if he?s that great.

He and Arnette have a great relationship. It's a promotion from what he was doing before. He got frustrated in his role and left for a private business job

Lord McBuckethead
12-26-2022, 07:35 PM
Well now I am intrigued by who our OC would be.

DEDawg
12-26-2022, 07:55 PM
So, any rumblings to who ZA is targeting for OC?

ZedFedder
12-26-2022, 07:58 PM
Leach laid a great foundation. Tweaking the offense slightly while keeping the same demeanor and effort that Leach got out of the guys would be awesome.

ZedFedder
12-26-2022, 08:02 PM
Jacob Peeler is the WR coach at Missouri, for what it’s worth.

Coach34
12-26-2022, 08:02 PM
Leach laid a great foundation. Tweaking the offense slightly while keeping the same demeanor and effort that Leach got out of the guys would be awesome.

agree

You can pretty much count on us running the ball more next year. Hell, I hope even next week

confucius say
12-26-2022, 08:35 PM
He and Arnette have a great relationship. It's a promotion from what he was doing before. He got frustrated in his role and left for a private business job

He also was able to retire and start drawing retirement. He will give that up but his high 4 will het a bump I'm sure bc he will be making much more than he was when he was here previously

confucius say
12-26-2022, 08:36 PM

The stability aspect of hiring ZA was never about coaches. It was about players, both the current ones and the incoming ones.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2022, 08:37 PM
So, any rumblings to who ZA is targeting for OC?

No one knows for sure but Kittley, Littrell, and Hatchers names have been thrown around

HoopsDawg
12-26-2022, 08:39 PM
The stability aspect of hiring ZA was never about coaches. It was about players, both the current ones and the incoming ones.

I don't really follow. All of these coaches were involved in both of those cases.

CoachT14
12-26-2022, 08:43 PM
No one knows for sure but Kittley, Littrell, and Hatchers names have been thrown around

Add Ben Arbuckle from WKU as well.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2022, 08:48 PM
Add Ben Arbuckle from WKU as well.

I seriously doubt it. Doesn't have the resume yet.

Coach34
12-26-2022, 08:50 PM

I think it will be one of these 3 guys. The WK guy could sneak in- but that would surprise me.

CoachT14
12-26-2022, 08:54 PM
I seriously doubt it. Doesn't have the resume yet.

Believe me or not. No skin to me. I’m just relaying info.

He’s down the list. But his name was mentioned in conjunction with the other 3 you said.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2022, 09:02 PM
Believe me or not. No skin to me. I’m just relaying info.

He’s down the list. But his name was mentioned in conjunction with the other 3 you said.

Littrell has never coached QBs. So I could see us bringing in Arbuckle or Lindley for that role if Littrell is the guy. But I would think we would have to miss on at least 5 guys before we would hire him as OC. This is THE hire for Arnett.

Coach34
12-26-2022, 09:12 PM
Littrell has never coached QBs. So I could see us bringing in Arbuckle or Lindley for that role if Littrell is the guy. But I would think we would have to miss on at least 5 guys before we would hire him as OC. This is THE hire for Arnett.

If our OC doesnt coach QB's- he will bring in his guy that does

CoachT14
12-26-2022, 09:14 PM

He’s technically Co-OC now but he calls the plays for them. I imagine if we go with Littrell you could offer Arbuckle Passing Game Coordinator and QB coach and he’d come despite losing play calling duties. Littrell would be gone in 1 or 2 years for a new head job. Would set up nice to have Arbuckle learning those 1 or 2 years and he’s ready to take over then.

msu15
12-26-2022, 09:35 PM
E) It only makes sense Arnette would get people he wanted to work closely with him and not keep people that have been following Leach around for years. There's been rumblings about people not being happy with Thackery and Dudek for awhile

Dudek was definitely way too involved with decision making on the sideline this year.

TheLostDawg
12-26-2022, 09:49 PM
Kittley with Arbuckle?

CoachT14
12-26-2022, 09:50 PM
Kittley with Arbuckle?

Most likely Littrell if that somehow happened. Kittley and Arbuckle are both QB guys.

Todd4State
12-26-2022, 09:54 PM
Most likely Littrell if that somehow happened. Kittley and Arbuckle are both QB guys.

Kittley and Arbuckle have worked together before. I bet they could make it work.

Kittley- OC
Arbuckle- QB
Washington- RB
Bumphis or whoever- WR
TE- grad assistant
OL- Miller or whoever

Catfish
12-26-2022, 10:00 PM
Kittley and Arbuckle have worked together before. I bet they could make it work.

Kittley- OC
Arbuckle- QB
Washington- RB
Bumphis or whoever- WR
TE- grad assistant
OL- Miller or whoever

So Arnett is our coach and DC?

SmokeyDawg
12-26-2022, 10:01 PM

Kittley- OC
Arbuckle- QB
Washington- RB
Bumphis or whoever- WR
TE- grad assistant
OL- Miller or whoever

Washington and Miller are the 2 I'd love to keep on O. I'm interested how all this turns out considering all the coaches were here before ZA. I think you have to keep some for continuity though.

CoachT14
12-26-2022, 10:03 PM

Kittley- OC
Arbuckle- QB
Washington- RB
Bumphis or whoever- WR
TE- grad assistant
OL- Miller or whoever

They have but Arbuckle was off the field then or at least an offense quality control guy. I guess Arbuckle could do TE’s. With Kittley at QB.

Ari Gold
12-26-2022, 10:32 PM
Really hope Coach ZA keeps Wash... he is solid guy both on and off the field

Todd4State
12-26-2022, 10:41 PM
So Arnett is our coach and DC?

I didn't do the defensive staff in that post but yeah I think it will be set up like Alabama and Georgia with Saban and Smart running the defense and having oversight over a defensive coordinator.

DL- David Turner
LB- Jamar Chaney
CB- McBath
DC/S- Brock
ST- Mele

Todd4State
12-26-2022, 10:43 PM
They have but Arbuckle was off the field then or at least an offense quality control guy. I guess Arbuckle could do TE’s. With Kittley at QB.

Oh I see.

Well I am really impressed with Arbuckle. I hope we get him in staff no matter who our OC is. We could make him the passing game coordinator and promise to promote him when the next OC moves on.

CoachT14
12-26-2022, 10:49 PM
Oh I see.

Well I am really impressed with Arbuckle. I hope we get him in staff no matter who our OC is. We could make him the passing game coordinator and promise to promote him when the next OC moves on.

Yeah. No matter who we get… Littrell, Kittley, even Hatcher (might take a little longer) will be gone in 2-3 years. Having a guy like Arbuckle who’s called plays before on staff learning from those 3 would be huge for the future.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2022, 11:00 PM
Dudek was definitely way too involved with decision making on the sideline this year.

How so?

Pinto
12-26-2022, 11:12 PM
Any chance we could get someone out of the Beamer tree for special teams? Seems like whenever we?ve had a special season, ST have played a big part in it.

TheLostDawg
12-26-2022, 11:29 PM
I didn't do the defensive staff in that post but yeah I think it will be set up like Alabama and Georgia with Saban and Smart running the defense and having oversight over a defensive coordinator.

DL- David Turner
LB- Jamar Chaney
CB- McBath
DC/S- Brock
ST- Mele

This is an interesting list

Lord McBuckethead
12-27-2022, 03:16 AM
Mason Miller would be my guy for the OC position. I would have used the bowl game as a trial period. If, ZA is still running the defense, then a hands off approach on the offense is almost a must. Only so many minutes in the day.

ZedFedder
12-27-2022, 04:30 AM
I’m going to circle back and ask again. Can someone point me as to why Dudek needed to move on? Same with Thackery? I don’t disagree, I’m just curious.

CoachT14
12-27-2022, 09:22 AM
Mason Miller would be my guy for the OC position. I would have used the bowl game as a trial period. If, ZA is still running the defense, then a hands off approach on the offense is almost a must. Only so many minutes in the day.

Well it’s about a 100% chance the OC hire is one of Littrell, Kittley, Hatcher, or Arbuckle or at minimum not someone on staff.

Desoto1967
12-27-2022, 09:25 AM
2023 is looking more and more a rebuilding year

1bigdawg
12-27-2022, 09:41 AM

Miller is great and a potentiial future OC. However, with Arnett's relative inexperience - only three years as a full coodinator - I believe he needs someone with experience in the job to take the offense off of him just as he ran the defense under Leach.

Offshore Dawg
12-27-2022, 09:45 AM

And why is that ??

Leeshouldveflanked
12-27-2022, 09:47 AM

With the portal there is no such thing as a rebuilding year. Plug and play.

CoachT14
12-27-2022, 09:53 AM

Why? We have the majority of our team returning. We need to hit on a few transfer portal pieces, ie., at least 1 WR, a Safety or 2, an Edge DL and a LT. All of which we have some feelers out for.

I’m not going to lie and say I wish that we would heavily pursue a portal QB. I know we won’t. But all things considered outside of Arnett being completely over his head as HC, things still set up pretty nicely with the right OC hire.

One of the big reasons I really like Littrell is that he adapts his offense based on his personnel. He will not run what he ran recently at NT with Will, he will run it like he did with Mason Fine.

I could say all this and you could be one of the folks who think we will suck if we don’t make Spurrier Jr OC and all of what I said would be ignored.

Bdawg
12-27-2022, 09:54 AM

With OCs they are talking about, hopefully our offensive concepts aren’t that different and we can just tweak the offense and not overhaul it. The defense shouldn’t change a bit so hopefully it’s not as bad as you think.

Ari Gold
12-27-2022, 09:59 AM

I would have said that 3 months ago, esp for the defense
But I didn’t expect
Crumedy
Pickering
Davis
Watson
Among a few others Returning

Also we will return most of our 2 deep OL with a possible portal pick up WKY OT Britton
Also didn’t expect Marks to stay and if DJ does come back that’s huge
With the WR I would have guessed Tulu and few others outside of RaRa would have tested the portal waters but glad I was wrong

The Locker room and culture here are a bigger deal than most think and know

With the schedule we have next year and what’s returning , CZA is in a good spot for 2023 and hopefully beyond

Ari Gold
12-27-2022, 10:00 AM
Why? We have the majority of our team returning. We need to hit on a few transfer portal pieces, ie., at least 1 WR, a Safety or 2, an Edge DL and a LT. All of which we have some feelers out for.

I’m not going to lie and say I wish that we would heavily pursue a portal QB. I know we won’t. But all things considered outside of Arnett being completely over his head as HC, things still set up pretty nicely with the right OC hire.

One of the big reasons I really like Littrell is that he adapts his offense based on his personnel. He will not run what he ran recently at NT with Will, he will run it like he did with Mason Fine.

I could say all this and you could be one of the folks who think we will suck if we don’t make Spurrier Jr OC and all of what I said would be ignored.

Solid ...

Todd4State
12-27-2022, 10:04 AM

It shouldn't be with our schedule and what we return.

We just need to make sure it doesn't turn into 2019 again.

CoachT14
12-27-2022, 10:07 AM
JMO - I think this Offensive staff could be legit for next year.

Littrell - Assistant Head Coach/OC/TE
Arbuckle - Passing Game Coordinator/QB - future OC in waiting when Littrell inevitably leaves (it’s a good thing despite what some folks want to think) I think someone mentioned it could work like Ensminger/Brady did at LSU except Littrell is actually a good play caller unlike Ensminger.
Miller - Running Game Coordinator/OL
Washington - Associate Head Coach/RB
Bumphis or Peeler - WR

I’m not as in tune with defense and imagine Arnett might make some changes their to get his guys in, considering the entire staff on defense was Leach guys originally except for Arnett.

This also means Arnett doesn’t bring his buddy Lindley from SDSU as QB coach. He’s more likely to bring Lindley than Arbuckle. I think Arbuckle is a stud though but not sure if he’s quite ready for the SEC yet. 1 or 2 years with Littrell and he will be though.

Todd4State
12-27-2022, 10:09 AM
I would have said that 3 months ago, esp for the defense
But I didn’t expect
Crumedy
Pickering
Davis
Watson
Among a few others Returning

Also we will return most of our 2 deep OL with a possible portal pick up WKY OT Britton
Also didn’t expect Marks to stay and if DJ does come back that’s huge
With the WR I would have guessed Tulu and few others outside of RaRa would have tested the portal waters but glad I was wrong

The Locker room and culture here are a bigger deal than most think and know

With the schedule we have next year and what’s returning , CZA is in a good spot for 2023 and hopefully beyond

Let's hope we get surprised again and we land Kittley.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-27-2022, 12:06 PM
JMO - I think this Offensive staff could be legit for next year.

Littrell - Assistant Head Coach/OC/TE

Don't you have to have a TE on the roster before you can coach him? I heard Parson, maybe? **

StarkVegasSteve
12-27-2022, 12:21 PM
You need to find a way to keep Miller and Washington. Miller is the best O Line coach we’ve had in ages and Washington is a bandit in the portal. Also was an upgrade at RB coach this year.

Personally I do not see the allure of Bumphis other than he played here. He is not known as an ace recruiter, his WRs at Utah do not jump off the page at you from a production standpoint, he is not putting guys into the league left and right so I have a hard time seeing why he is a must get for any staff. I mean if he did not play here then would we even care? The answer is no. Keeping Hollingshead, who is a future HC, is WAY more important than hiring Bumphis.

Desoto1967
12-27-2022, 12:29 PM
LaQuinston Sharp declared

HoopsDawg
12-27-2022, 12:39 PM
LaQuinston Sharp declared

He's out of eligibility

HancockCountyDog
12-27-2022, 12:42 PM
He's out of eligibility

This seems like a new thing where people with no eligibilty left are declaring for the draft. Its new and very confusing.

With the money spent to keep a lot of our defense together, 2023 should be a very solid year. We might have the most experienced defense and OL in the country.

I think we have a very good year and we need to enjoy it, because 2024 will most likely be a true rebuilding year based on the number of seniors we have starting next year and that are truly out of eligibility.

was21
12-27-2022, 12:52 PM
Littrell was at Leach memorial service, may have been casing the joint. Don't know if these others were.

CoachT14
12-27-2022, 12:58 PM
You need to find a way to keep Miller and Washington. Miller is the best O Line coach we’ve had in ages and Washington is a bandit in the portal. Also was an upgrade at RB coach this year.

Personally I do not see the allure of Bumphis other than he played here. He is not known as an ace recruiter, his WRs at Utah do not jump off the page at you from a production standpoint, he is not putting guys into the league left and right so I have a hard time seeing why he is a must get for any staff. I mean if he did not play here then would we even care? The answer is no. Keeping Hollingshead, who is a future HC, is WAY more important than hiring Bumphis.

They don’t exactly play in a WR friendly offense and those WR have put up as good if not better numbers than us when we throw the ball almost 20 times a game more.

He has a WR in the NFL, which is more than we’ve had the last 3 years.

Dawgtini
12-27-2022, 03:30 PM
Littrell was at Leach memorial service, may have been casing the joint. Don't know if these others were.

Hatcher was there.

TrapGame
12-27-2022, 03:48 PM
What's all the noise with Kittley?

Todd4State
12-27-2022, 05:02 PM
What's all the noise with Kittley?

He's really good. He's taken the Air Raid to the next level basically.

CoachT14
12-27-2022, 05:05 PM

This. He will be a harder pull since he’s a Tech alum. But we have the money and the SEC. So maybe it weighs more.

Todd4State
12-27-2022, 05:07 PM
This. He will be a harder pull since he’s a Tech alum. But we have the money and the SEC. So maybe it weighs more.

You're right about the alum thing but if he wants to get a head coaching job coming to MSU would be a really good move for him. We'll see what happens because if I had to guess he is our number one target.

TrapGame
12-27-2022, 05:56 PM

Well, there's a rumor on another premium board that says he's the #1 guy and we are going in hot.

CoachT14
12-27-2022, 06:00 PM
You're right about the alum thing but if he wants to get a head coaching job coming to MSU would be a really good move for him. We'll see what happens because if I had to guess he is our number one target.

I go back and forth between him and Littrell as my top choice. Mostly because of Littrell’s HC experience. I do think Kittley might be the better OC right now. But Littrell has been good for a long time and can adapt. Either will be good hires and allow us to have a smooth transition.

lastmajordog
12-27-2022, 06:12 PM
Brad Peterson to chief of staff I heard. OUTSTANDING IF TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CoachT14
12-27-2022, 07:40 PM

Arbuckle possibly to Wazzu

Todd4State
12-27-2022, 11:26 PM

I'm not too surprised. I think he's very talented. Hopefully he'll be an option for us in the future.

HoopsDawg
12-27-2022, 11:32 PM

Like I told you yesterday, he was never a serious candidate to be our OC.

Pancho
12-28-2022, 06:25 AM
But Littrell is, correct?

CoachT14
12-28-2022, 09:06 AM
Like I told you yesterday, he was never a serious candidate to be our OC.

Like I said then, that’s fine. I wasn’t too keen on him being the full time guy anyway. I thought ideally we could offer him Passing Game Coordinator and QB coach if Littrell was the guy. Hell Littrell would probably let him call plays with his oversight. If that would’ve happened.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-28-2022, 09:45 AM
Littrell would be an underwhelming hire. Plus he is not a QB coach.

TheLostDawg
12-28-2022, 09:47 AM

Agree not the most exciting hire but makes sense considering Arnett's buddy is a qb coach of nmsu. However I how he hires the best guy and not just his buddies

CoachT14
12-28-2022, 10:09 AM

Want to explain how a coach who averages top 30 scoring offenses in his career and has had some of the top offenses in the league he’s in while having some majority bottom half talent is underwhelming?

BankerDog
12-28-2022, 10:29 AM
They don’t exactly play in a WR friendly offense and those WR have put up as good if not better numbers than us when we throw the ball almost 20 times a game more.

He has a WR in the NFL, which is more than we’ve had the last 3 years.

Whew! One WR?! Gosh Almighty!

The Bumphis talks gives me shades of Terrell Buckley talk when we hired him. Our DB room didn?t improve much and the coaching was minus. We have people actively promoting Bumphis who wasn?t even the lead recruiter on Mack Howard and couldn?t maintain a Caleb Bryant commitment. However you?re willing to let walk one of the brightest young coaches in the US (several other coaches words, not mine) and one of our top two recruiters in Drew Hollingshead? You do know Drew was the lead recruiter for Sawyer, Locke, and Chris Parson? Additionally, was the one who identified the Pollack kid and was one of two offensive guys Arnett was on the road recruiting with. Oh and was the pick from Leach to run the QB room. Yeah Leach didn?t have a QB coach, but it was Drew running those practices for the QB group. Kinda makes sense why Rogers degressed a little bit since he was coaching WRs this year.

But yeah, let?s go hire a former state player because we know. Heck why not go make DeAndre Ward, Rodney Prince, and Feld your strength staff, Dorset Davis as your DL Coach, Chaney as your LB coach, Clarence McDougal as your safety coach, and could go get Otis from JSU to be your OL coach. I promise people get way too caught up with where a guy played and think kids remember them. Bumphis isn?t Prime..

CoachT14
12-28-2022, 10:52 AM
Whew! One WR?! Gosh Almighty!

The Bumphis talks gives me shades of Terrell Buckley talk when we hired him. Our DB room didn?t improve much and the coaching was minus. We have people actively promoting Bumphis who wasn?t even the lead recruiter on Mack Howard and couldn?t maintain a Caleb Bryant commitment. However you?re willing to let walk one of the brightest young coaches in the US (several other coaches words, not mine) and one of our top two recruiters in Drew Hollingshead? You do know Drew was the lead recruiter for Sawyer, Locke, and Chris Parson? Additionally, was the one who identified the Pollack kid and was one of two offensive guys Arnett was on the road recruiting with. Oh and was the pick from Leach to run the QB room. Yeah Leach didn?t have a QB coach, but it was Drew running those practices for the QB group. Kinda makes sense why Rogers degressed a little bit since he was coaching WRs this year.

But yeah, let?s go hire a former state player because we know. Heck why not go make DeAndre Ward, Rodney Prince, and Feld your strength staff, Dorset Davis as your DL Coach, Chaney as your LB coach, Clarence McDougal as your safety coach, and could go get Otis from JSU to be your OL coach. I promise people get way too caught up with where a guy played and think kids remember them. Bumphis isn?t Prime..

You’re very angry. What’s your deal against Bumphis? You realize we could have Bump and Hollingshed right?

I’m the last person that wants to hire MSU people just because their MSU people. I have multiple times called out our insane nepotism at State. Including all the Spurrier fan boys running around wanting him at OC. Take a chill pill

ZedFedder
12-28-2022, 11:28 AM
Apparently it won’t be Littrell according to Steve.

StarkVegasSteve
12-28-2022, 11:50 AM
You’re very angry. What’s your deal against Bumphis? You realize we could have Bump and Hollingshed right?

I’m the last person that wants to hire MSU people just because their MSU people. I have multiple times called out our insane nepotism at State. Including all the Spurrier fan boys running around wanting him at OC. Take a chill pill

You are right we could have had both Bumphis and Hollingshead but guess what, Chad turned down the opportunity. He had a chance to be here and turned down the opportunity. Again losing Drew would more than cancel out any benefit that bringing on Bumphis would bring, which as I have stated before I do not see. So for those who want him, what exactly are the benefits to him being on staff over Hollingshead?

Bubb Rubb
12-28-2022, 12:46 PM

downvote.

Bark
12-28-2022, 01:36 PM
downvote.

Haha I was just saying that it was setting up for failure if we have a first year head coach with a mass exodus of staff. If we were going to have a lot of staff changes it would've made more sense to do a national search for our next coach instead making a hasty decision in the name of providing continuity.

Pancho
12-28-2022, 01:47 PM
Apparently it won’t be Littrell according to Steve.

Ok. Then who will the OC be? Hatcher I guess

StarkVegasSteve
12-28-2022, 01:57 PM
Ok. Then who will the OC be? Hatcher I guess

There are a couple of different guys we could look at if we decided against Hatcher. Shannon Dawson would be an interesting candidate. Played at Millsaps. Has coached under Mumme, Monken, and Holgerson. Currently the PGC at Houston.

MrCoachKlein
12-28-2022, 08:48 PM
Want to explain how a coach who averages top 30 scoring offenses in his career and has had some of the top offenses in the league he’s in while having some majority bottom half talent is underwhelming?

Yeah I don't get this at all.

2011 Indiana 21.4 ppg 2012 30.8 2013 38.4 he was there 12 & 13 2014 25.1

2013 nc ppg 32.7 2014 33.2 2015 40.7 he was there 14-15

Unt 2015 15.2 2016 24.8 2017 35.5 2018 34.6 he was there 16-22

Anyone that would be 'underwhelmed' by Seth doesn't know what they are talking about or they're so smart they should be our AD*

MrCoachKlein
12-28-2022, 08:53 PM
I don't get the bumphis love except that he played here, but I don't keep up with position coaches like some here do.

mo7888
12-29-2022, 12:03 AM
TT's offense looks like the offense I think Leach was leaning into going forward...

bulldawg28
12-29-2022, 03:39 AM
TT's offense looks like the offense I think Leach was leaning into going forward...

No it doesn't

msu15
12-29-2022, 03:41 AM

Not even close, Leach would never play at that type of tempo.