PDA

View Full Version : SEC coach grades for the regular season.

Leroy Jenkins
12-24-2022, 02:05 PM
Kirby A+
Heupel A-
Kelly B+
Beamer B
Lea B
Saban B-
Leach B-
Kiffin C+
Stoops C+
Drink C
Pittman C-
Napier D
Jimbo F
Harson F

These are official and 100% correct, according to me. *

lefty96
12-24-2022, 02:19 PM
I?d give Pittman a D

Leroy Jenkins
12-24-2022, 02:22 PM
I?d give Pittman a D

Gave him a little slack for losing his starting QB.

TheLostDawg
12-24-2022, 02:36 PM
Kirby A+
Heupel A-
Kelly B+
Beamer B
Lea B
Saban B-
Leach B-
Kiffin C+
Stoops C+
Drink C
Pittman C-
Napier D
Jimbo F
Harson F

Did heupel pull a orgeron and benefit from his qb?

Quaoarsking
12-24-2022, 02:55 PM
Did heupel pull a orgeron and benefit from his qb?

Probably, but props to him for bringing him in.

Coach34
12-24-2022, 04:49 PM
I'd go B+ on Beamer. 2 huge wins for him this season and continues to recruit well.

I dont think Heup is a one-hit wonder because of a QB. His system is giving people problems because of how its run.

Agree with Leach's B. Pretty good job but could have been a little better with LSU early on and Kentucky. But winning your last one is a big deal in Mississippi and damn glad he won his last game period.

R2Dawg
12-24-2022, 04:54 PM
I'd go B+ on Beamer. 2 huge wins for him this season and continues to recruit well.

I dont think Heup is a one-hit wonder because of a QB. His system is giving people problems because of how its run.

Agree with Leach's B. Pretty good job but could have been a little better with LSU early on and Kentucky. But winning your last one is a big deal in Mississippi and damn glad he won his last game period.

Agree Beamer had 2 huge wins and good win at UK. B+ or even A- for him considering what he had to work with.

Leach got himself a letter grade with egg bowl win.

Pretty good list by OP.

Lord McBuckethead
12-24-2022, 04:55 PM
Saban and Leach both get C?s. Pittman gets a D. Kiffin gets a C.

parabrave
12-24-2022, 07:59 PM
Kirby A+
Heupel A-
Kelly B+
Beamer B
Lea B
Saban B-
Leach B-
Kiffin C+
Stoops C+
Drink C
Pittman C-
Napier D
Jimbo F
Harson F

Jimbo f-. Stoops ranked too high

Goldendawg
12-24-2022, 10:44 PM
Kiffin beat 7 cupcakes and lost 4 of his last 5. A hardcore OM fan I know said their signature win was Troy, C- at best.

Todd4State
12-25-2022, 03:00 AM
I would take the minus away from Leach and give it a B.

TorpedoIPA
12-25-2022, 12:46 PM
I would take the minus away from Leach and give it a B.

Leach's record always looks better after he leaves and the school's football program returns to it's previous level of mediocrity. Of course I base that only on the two schools he was at before MSU.

viverlibre
12-25-2022, 02:33 PM
I'd move BK to an A.

PGHBulldogBG
12-25-2022, 06:20 PM
Yea Leach deserves a B or B+. Beamer an A- everything else looks solid. I might move Lea up to a B+ or A- Vandy has a good coach now so it will be interesting to see what happens there over the next few years.

Lord McBuckethead
12-25-2022, 07:28 PM
Leach lost two toss ups. LSU and Kentucky. He also won a toss up with Ole Miss.

That is a C. If he would have won against Kentucky and LSU then he would have had a B, or borderline A- Bama was beatable this year and once again we didn?t scare them one bit. Grades are grades.

Dawgface
12-25-2022, 08:42 PM
Leach a solid B, Kelley A- and Beamer B+.

viverlibre
12-25-2022, 08:58 PM

That is a C. If he would have won against Kentucky and LSU then he would have had a B, or borderline A- Bama was beatable this year and once again we didn?t scare them one bit. Grades are grades.

LSU wasn't a toss-up, they were/are head and shoulders ahead of us. Now we were in position to win, but LSU was/is better than us.

Todd4State
12-26-2022, 03:47 AM
Leach's record always looks better after he leaves and the school's football program returns to it's previous level of mediocrity. Of course I base that only on the two schools he was at before MSU.

I'm not too concerned about this- at least for long. Much like Leach can't win rivalry games- and I do think had he continued to coach he would have beaten Ole Miss at about the same rate as Jackie and Dan.

I think our bowl matters in this case. We've only won 9 games or more 8 times since 1974. I'm including 1976 in that total. If you look strictly at win totals this could be a top 10 season at MSU in modern history. That's very good considering our schedule this year.

Lord McBuckethead
12-26-2022, 12:41 PM
LSU wasn't a toss-up, they were/are head and shoulders ahead of us. Now we were in position to win, but LSU was/is better than us.

Disagree. They were not head and shoulders better than us. If we played on a neutral field, we win that game.

TorpedoIPA
12-26-2022, 01:03 PM
Disagree. They were not head and shoulders better than us. If we played on a neutral field, we win that game.

But figuring resources, recruiting ranking, and the pecking order in the SEC, I'd say MSU is doing pretty good if the game with LSU is considered a toss up.

R2Dawg
12-26-2022, 01:07 PM
I'm not too concerned about this- at least for long. Much like Leach can't win rivalry games- and I do think had he continued to coach he would have beaten Ole Miss at about the same rate as Jackie and Dan.

I think our bowl matters in this case. We've only won 9 games or more 8 times since 1974. I'm including 1976 in that total. If you look strictly at win totals this could be a top 10 season at MSU in modern history. That's very good considering our schedule this year.

We had a good year but not a banner year. Some perspective.

Well we get one extta easy OCG now every year compared to most of those years Go add one the the 7 win years. Also, if you have a pulse today, you get a bowl game so add in another potential win.

As far as schedule, yeah we played #1 UGA and the worst Bama team in 15 years. OM is our best win and they ain't that good. Ark was blah, TAMU sucked, Aub meh, LSU average. We beat what one team with a winning record? 8-4 is a good year no matter what but we didn't have a top 10 team or year in MSU history by any measure.