PDA

View Full Version : Jenkins Getting Paid by Packers

BigEasyDawg
12-23-2022, 02:41 PM
"The four-year deal, which includes a $24 million signing bonus, is worth $68 million and could reach up to $74 million with incentives"

"If Jenkins stays at guard, he will be the second highest paid at the position behind only the Colts' Quenton Nelson ($20 million per year). If he moves to left tackle, where he played last season in place of David Bakhtiari, he would be among the top-10 highest paid."

Another Bulldog getting that big-time second contract.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35310419/source-packers-elgton-jenkins-reach-4-year-68m-extension

R2Dawg
12-23-2022, 02:46 PM
Jenkiins is a roadgrader. Good for him. Glad he wore the maroon and white.

MSU can and have gotten top talent guys. Tired of hearing all the woe is me at poor ole MSU. We can get talent and we can win.

EdwardDrayton
12-23-2022, 02:52 PM

MSU can and have gotten top talent guys. Tired of hearing all the woe is me at poor ole MSU. We can get talent and we can win.

Preach it far and loud brother!!

BrunswickDawg
12-23-2022, 03:17 PM

MSU has DEVELOPED top talent guys. Tired of hearing all the woe is me at poor ole MSU. We can get talent and we can win.

FFY - Jenkins was a 3* .8092 recruit and was barely in the top 50 of MS players that class. We were his only P5 offer. He is the archetype of what we get - somewhat overlooked raw guys who work their ass off and end up one of the best in the game. He is not the high4 or 5 star guys some knuckle heads think we should be out recruiting Bama for.

Saltydog
12-23-2022, 04:11 PM
FFY - Jenkins was a 3* .8092 recruit and was barely in the top 50 of MS players that class. We were his only P5 offer. He is the archetype of what we get - somewhat overlooked raw guys who work their ass off and end up one of the best in the game. He is not the high4 or 5 star guys some knuckle heads think we should be out recruiting Bama for.

I was thinking he was a 2 star recruit but either way, not bad for a guy that only had one P5 offer. Makes him the second highest paid guard in the league. We got some guys making some serious cash. Hope they "Pay it Forward" a little.

deltadawg63
12-23-2022, 04:28 PM
It is imperative that we get our NFL alums to contribute and support our NIL is they have not already. To me, I wish a separate NIL of just them would form and have active connectivity back to the football program as a unified group and proof of success achieved at MSU.

R2Dawg
12-23-2022, 05:05 PM

I don't care how many stars we get. We have talent in the state and MSU has and will continue to get it. The star system is a joke. Lot more the excelling in life/sports than $ and stars. Saw it back in 80s when I played in high school Yeah a few can't miss guys but there is so much raw great talent out there in some of these small schools.

I see it every day on the job and companies everywhere. We live in a window dressing world.

BTW, Chris Jones says hi from his 2 star position.

BrunswickDawg
12-23-2022, 06:24 PM
I don't care how many stars we get. We have talent in the state and MSU has and will continue to get it. The star system is a joke. Lot more the excelling in life/sports than $ and stars. Saw it back in 80s when I played in high school Yeah a few can't miss guys but there is so much raw great talent out there in some of these small schools.

I see it every day on the job and companies everywhere. We live in a window dressing world.

BTW, Chris Jones says hi from his 2 star position.

Chris Jones was a 2 or 3 when he committed - he was a 5 by the time he signed.

Anyway, I'm not disagreeing with you - but people who want us to land immediate impact players have to understand that most of those guys are not going to come from MS. There are exceptions to that, but most MS talent is raw, aren't in SEC shape, and need a year of work and nutrition to start making impacts. That's why I was glad that after 2020, Leach started redshirting lots of guys just like Mullen did. MS has a ton of talent.

Coach34
12-23-2022, 07:47 PM
It's why we should sign a couple of guys out of the Miss Delta every year. Diamonds all over the place

R2Dawg
12-23-2022, 09:27 PM
Chris Jones was a 2 or 3 when he committed - he was a 5 by the time he signed.

Anyway, I'm not disagreeing with you - but people who want us to land immediate impact players have to understand that most of those guys are not going to come from MS. There are exceptions to that, but most MS talent is raw, aren't in SEC shape, and need a year of work and nutrition to start making impacts. That's why I was glad that after 2020, Leach started redshirting lots of guys just like Mullen did. MS has a ton of talent.

Yeah I know CJ was #2 player by signing day but he went from a 2star nobody to #2 in nation after he showed everyone up.

Point is, where are all the experts that missed him? You don't miss a guy this big in Houston MS. The recruiting rankers are ambulance chasers. If Bama ain't after them, they don't even look.

Plenty of talent in MS. So said Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Brett Farve,Steve Mcnair, etc. that some big boys missed out on.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-24-2022, 06:01 AM
It is imperative that we get our NFL alums to contribute and support our NIL is they have not already. To me, I wish a separate NIL of just them would form and have active connectivity back to the football program as a unified group and proof of success achieved at MSU.

Maybe new AD will bridge that gap.

Leroy Jenkins
12-24-2022, 02:37 PM

And probably wouldn't have a MSU offer if not for JT Gray.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-24-2022, 03:32 PM
And he has played all 5 line positions. He’s a heck of a player.

SpaceBully
12-26-2022, 12:14 AM

Pretty sure at one time he was a 2 star. Not very highly recruited at all. Many questioned why we even signed him.