PDA

View Full Version : Has Been Posted on Sixpack that Zavion is Coming Back.

Goldendawg
12-22-2022, 04:15 PM
Some of you may have better info and connections on this. Even older folks like me can get bad advice in life. I'm good on this if he now has taken good advice and has right attitude for his return. Hail State!

Leeshouldveflanked
12-22-2022, 04:25 PM
To me you would have to have a team vote on whether to let him back on or not

Leroy Jenkins
12-22-2022, 04:44 PM
If he was just another 4* WR in the portal would you take him?
If yes, bring him back.
If no, let him go.

EdwardDrayton
12-22-2022, 05:04 PM
Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-22-2022, 05:06 PM
Also some smoke that DJ may be back.

ZedFedder
12-22-2022, 05:43 PM
Also some smoke that DJ may be back.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Lord McBuckethead
12-22-2022, 05:51 PM
Both would be awesome.

BuckyIsAB****
12-22-2022, 06:11 PM
DJ is not helping his case visiting Auburn and posting cute pictures

DownwardDawg
12-22-2022, 06:55 PM
DJ is not helping his case visiting Auburn and posting cute pictures

This is why I replied to Tater in that other thread, "we shall see".

confucius say
12-22-2022, 07:50 PM
As noted in the other thread, yes and it should help ninimize RaRa's loss. ZT has as much or more potential.

StarkVegasSteve
12-22-2022, 08:32 PM
Paul Jones reported that Zavion was on the way back today to rejoin the team. Rosebowl reported a little later that DJ rejoining was a possibility but the OC choice would be a deciding factor on that one.

RocketDawg
12-22-2022, 08:34 PM
Paul Jones reported that Zavion was on the way back today to rejoin the team. Rosebowl reported a little later that DJ rejoining was a possibility but the OC choice would be a deciding factor on that one.

Can a high school signee enter the portal before ever really joining the team other than signing?

chef dixon
12-22-2022, 08:39 PM
I mean were we expecting a bunch of schools to roll out the red carpet? He had basically one play all year. Just keeping it real

Tater
12-22-2022, 08:49 PM
This is why I replied to Tater in that other thread, "we shall see".

No disagreements here. There's things that he would need to do to earn the team's trust back. We'll see what path he chooses.

RisperDawg
12-22-2022, 08:49 PM
I mean were we expecting a bunch of schools to roll out the red carpet? He had basically one play all year. Just keeping it real

I thought he might've looked before he leapt and got stuck out there. I did not think we would take him back. I figured he'd have wound up at another P5 for a small bag because of both his potential and desperation.

Biguglyjoe
12-22-2022, 09:04 PM

Wish him good luck and move on. He's no JRock, Boobie or Vick Ballard. Good grief.

DownwardDawg
12-22-2022, 09:27 PM
No disagreements here. There's things that he would need to do to earn the team's trust back. We'll see what path he chooses.
I want him to come back, but I have my doubts.

NCDawg
12-22-2022, 09:59 PM
Wish him good luck and move on. He's no JRock, Boobie or Vick Ballard. Good grief.

I tend to agree. He's a good RB, but I dislike that remark. He doesn't have any input about who we choose as OC, so maybe it is best that he move on before we make the selection.

EdwardDrayton
12-22-2022, 10:48 PM

How about the deciding factor being he gives us 5000 pushups and 5000 situps by Sunday.

bulldawg28
12-23-2022, 07:56 AM

DJ doesn't have that type of influence or pull with the coaches that they'll allow him to play wait and see.

Cooterpoot
12-23-2022, 08:00 AM
DJ will be back if he wants to be. Z is back. Going to be players testing the waters every season from now on. Just another reason college football is headed down the drain.

Thick
12-23-2022, 08:54 AM
I guess I?m a cold hearted mfer?..if you are in the portal then you?re gone in my eyes. It?s like having a girlfriend that says she wants to take a break to see other people to make sure this is where she wants to be. As soon as that rolls off her tongue, I?m out and not coming back. Who?s to say if you take her back, she?s doing it again in 6 months, or doing someone behind your back anyway. Trust issues with me.

I say that bc these young men have it made compared to the generations before them. Free education, getting paid to play CFB, rock star college lifestyle, and then the portal which allows you to go anywhere (highest bidder in most cases if you?re really good). They have a lot control, and coaches really have none. Just my opinion.

MetEdDawg
12-23-2022, 08:59 AM
The problem, as it always will be, is giving people incapable of understanding the ramifications of their decisions, the opportunity to make those decisions.

You've got 18-22 year olds making decisions based a lot on money, while receiving advice from people that either aren't equipped to help make those decisions with them, or don't have their best interest.

I would be all for NIL if there were controls to reduce the blatant manipulation of kids and families who don't know how to make the best decisions possible.

MaroonFlounder
12-23-2022, 09:29 AM

Zavion had only 1 play?

Only 1 return for a TD, yes. But several punt returns that got us good field position, often near the 50.

He will get more plays from scrimmage if he comes back with the right attitude and work ethic. (learns all the routes)

R2Dawg
12-23-2022, 09:33 AM
I think you are going to see the immaturity of players, coaches, and football programs in general more and more with the transfer NIL stuff so we might as well get used to it.

There needs to be a window for transfer stuff. Just give 2 weeks a year for open season recruiting current players again like in May or something. This shouldn't be going on in season.

WinningIsRelentless
12-23-2022, 09:34 AM
What?s the difference in what some players are doing and interviewing for a different job?

Really Clark?
12-23-2022, 09:37 AM
What?s the difference in what some players are doing and interviewing for a different job?

Coaches have contracts and buyouts. Every professional sport has contracts, terms and buyouts.

R2Dawg
12-23-2022, 09:43 AM

There are differences but I'll say this. If you company always has half its team shopping all the time, you ain't got a winning company and you ain't got a good team either.

Cooterpoot
12-23-2022, 09:43 AM
I guess I?m a cold hearted mfer?..if you are in the portal then you?re gone in my eyes. It?s like having a girlfriend that says she wants to take a break to see other people to make sure this is where she wants to be. As soon as that rolls off her tongue, I?m out and not coming back. Who?s to say if you take her back, she?s doing it again in 6 months, or doing someone behind your back anyway. Trust issues with me.

I say that bc these young men have it made compared to the generations before them. Free education, getting paid to play CFB, rock star college lifestyle, and then the portal which allows you to go anywhere (highest bidder in most cases if you?re really good). They have a lot control, and coaches really have none. Just my opinion.

I'm fine if they hit the portal. It is what it is. It's when they act like fools and play games that I'm cutting ties. I'm old school. I wouldn't let Dillon come back. He embarrassed MSU. It was all over social media and in the news. RaRa played games, 17 him. We gave him what he asked for, then he started running up the price so he'd have an excuse. Z handled things fine. No problem there for me. The only I'll say otherwise is we're kinda hitting the reset button with Leach passing and a new coordinator coming in. In the end, it's now 100% about the wins. College football is now a business and 100% about the money. It's a "just win baby" world now. We aren't in the "making great men" business anymore. It's a free for all, win at all costs World.

WinningIsRelentless
12-23-2022, 10:30 AM
There are differences but I'll say this. If you company always has half its team shopping all the time, you ain't got a winning company and you ain't got a good team either.

I don?t believe we had half our team looking.

Extendedcab
12-23-2022, 10:48 AM
I'm fine if they hit the portal. It is what it is. It's when they act like fools and play games that I'm cutting ties. I'm old school. I wouldn't let Dillon come back. He embarrassed MSU. It was all over social media and in the news. RaRa played games, 17 him. We gave him what he asked for, then he started running up the price so he'd have an excuse. Z handled things fine. No problem there for me. The only I'll say otherwise is we're kinda hitting the reset button with Leach passing and a new coordinator coming in. In the end, it's now 100% about the wins. College football is now a business and 100% about the money. It's a "just win baby" world now. We aren't in the "making great men" business anymore. It's a free for all, win at all costs World.

This is a sad commentary about college football! It is all about the money - a supposedly amateur sport! Who cares about developing the student-athlete or the person, screw that, just give me the money!

How Sad!

RANT ON:
And some wonder why attendance is down and TV viewing is down!!! And others wonder why pro athletes and even college athletes get in trouble? It is not hard to see the real reason why - the inner man, the person does not have any solid foundation on which to build! I can do what I want as I have the money and fame to get our of it!
RANT OFF

Leeshouldveflanked
12-23-2022, 11:05 AM
Hopefully the new NCAA President will reign some of this in.

Dawgology
12-23-2022, 12:28 PM
Welcome back Z. I for one can’t wait to see him run some back for TD’s next year. Dude is explosive. We have to get past student athletes having an allegiance to our school. We as fans have that allegiance the athletes are now contract players just like the NFL. They will be committed to gives them the most benefit. That’s fine. I want more great players like Z committed so we banks those wins.

R2Dawg
12-23-2022, 12:40 PM
I don?t believe we had half our team looking.

Where did I say that?

You have no idea who was looking.

You miss the point. Read the post again and see if you can glean the point,

BuckyIsAB****
12-23-2022, 12:42 PM

Correct. I would never want to coach in college. The coaches now should get less flak than ever. That old phrase that said you cant fire the players should be gone. Fire them. Its just about all them nowadays anyway.

R2Dawg
12-23-2022, 12:43 PM
This is a sad commentary about college football! It is all about the money - a supposedly amateur sport! Who cares about developing the student-athlete or the person, screw that, just give me the money!

How Sad!

RANT ON:
And some wonder why attendance is down and TV viewing is down!!! And others wonder why pro athletes and even college athletes get in trouble? It is not hard to see the real reason why - the inner man, the person does not have any solid foundation on which to build! I can do what I want as I have the money and fame to get our of it!
RANT OFF

Yep this is the problem with our world and hate to say it but it has gotten a lot worse the past 20-30 years.

viverlibre
12-23-2022, 12:47 PM
It's fun to speculate and post our opinions, but let's leave the decisions up to the coaches. We think we have insight into what is going on, but we really don't.

It is a business, the sooner we accept that the better, the highly skilled kids are trying to maximize their value, some of these kids already have kids or are helping support partners, siblings or other family members.

Listening to some beat writers, I don't think coaches and teammates get as bent out of shape over players shopping themselves as fans do.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-23-2022, 01:01 PM
It?s free agency. Guys will test the waters and come back if it?s best for them. Just like the pros.

Dawgology
12-23-2022, 02:21 PM
It?s free agency. Guys will test the waters and come back if it?s best for them. Just like the pros.

This. Exactly. This is a minor league now. Root for who is playing on your team in a specific season. Off season is up for grabs.

parabrave
12-23-2022, 02:32 PM
Zavion had only 1 play?

Only 1 return for a TD, yes. But several punt returns that got us good field position, often near the 50.

He will get more plays from scrimmage if he comes back with the right attitude and work ethic. (learns all the routes)

He only had one return but he did leave us with great field position and was always a threat to break one.

EdwardDrayton
12-23-2022, 03:16 PM
Dear Zach,

Cut that safety rope for both of 'em and we'll donate some extra NIL money to replace both dey ass.

MedDawg
12-24-2022, 10:12 AM
Zavion had only 1 play?

We were one of the top punt return teams in the nation because of Zavion. I regretted him leaving a lot more than I did RaRa.

Definitely would like Zavion to come back.

Ari Gold
12-24-2022, 10:17 AM
Zavion tested waters and the suitors weren’t out there .. he should be welcomed back and needed with open arms.
DJ is the one that might be an issue . I have no clue what all went on behind closed doors, if the players and staff are fine with him back then Let’s roll

mo7888
12-24-2022, 10:26 AM
Zavion tested waters and the suitors weren’t out there .. he should be welcomed back and needed with open arms.
DJ is the one that might be an issue . I have no clue what all went on behind closed doors, if the players and staff are fine with him back then Let’s roll

I'm fine with DJ going elsewhere. I don't think we have any sort of drop off at that position. There's a reason top reams aren't beating down his door to sign him. He's a solid player but replaceable in my estimation.

Tbonewannabe
12-24-2022, 10:44 AM

So maybe the players should have a buyout or non compete clause. Player has to sit out a year to transfer.

Percho
12-24-2022, 12:24 PM

I'm with you fellers. Let someone who knows more than us decide and I will be happy with their decision.

DownwardDawg
12-24-2022, 12:40 PM
Dear Zach,

Cut that safety rope for both of 'em and we'll donate some extra NIL money to replace both dey ass.

I tend to agree with this. Once they made their own decision to enter the portal, you do everything you can to replace them with better players from the portal. If you can, then bye Felicia!! If you can't, then allow them back. It's just business now.

R2Dawg
12-24-2022, 12:46 PM
I'm with you fellers. Let someone who knows more than us decide and I will be happy with their decision.

I think everyone on here will let (we don't have a say) the coaches make the decision but this is a talk board meant for fans discussing. We don't coach the game, recruit the players or make decisions. Its ok to have an opinion and leave it at that.