PDA

View Full Version : Preseason baseball rankings

TheLostDawg
12-20-2022, 07:11 PM
https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2022-12-20/lsu-no-1-collegiate-baseball-preseason-poll-2023

TNDawg35
12-20-2022, 07:14 PM
How OM looses their whole team and still ranked 24 blows my mind…

Coach34
12-20-2022, 07:18 PM
It's LSU and everybody else.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-20-2022, 07:41 PM
Alright Lemones, you had your post NC mulligan. Now is the time to get back on track. This is year 4, in an era of transfer portals and immediate eligibility and NIL. There is no excuses. You saw the flaws last year, if you didn't fix them that's on you. You won a NC with other peoples players, now show us you can build a team on your own

Todd4State
12-20-2022, 08:01 PM
USM is a bit high too.

AlSwearengen
12-20-2022, 08:09 PM
Alright Lemones, you had your post NC mulligan. Now is the time to get back on track. This is year 4, in an era of transfer portals and immediate eligibility and NIL. There is no excuses. You saw the flaws last year, if you didn't fix them that's on you. You won a NC with other peoples players, now show us you can build a team on your own

You should probably cool your heels for another year or two. Not saying we should have a losing season, but we aren?t going to be ready to be top 10 just yet.

We also need to hope that lsu doesn?t do the free agency thing every year like they did last year.

Todd4State
12-20-2022, 10:02 PM
You should probably cool your heels for another year or two. Not saying we should have a losing season, but we aren?t going to be ready to be top 10 just yet.

We also need to hope that lsu doesn?t do the free agency thing every year like they did last year.

I think we have a chance to be in a Super Regional this year.

If we aren't we're going to be looking for a new pitching coach.

CJDAWG85
12-20-2022, 11:24 PM
LSU is gonna be really good

SpaceBully
12-20-2022, 11:54 PM
How OM looses their whole team and still ranked 24 blows my mind?

most ranking systems place a heavier weight on what's coming back in the pitching staffs. OM returns all those freshmen that basically won the CWS for them. The hardest position for them to replace will be 1B. If they can find someone with a 1/3 of his power numbers, they'll be very competitive.

Homedawg
12-21-2022, 12:06 AM
USM is a bit high too.

Very true. Spoke w coach berry recently. I feel sorry for him. Great coach. Portal is gonna screw him forever. This year was brutal.

Homedawg
12-21-2022, 12:09 AM
Nil?? You think nil helps us?? Maybe not as much as football as far as hurt but it's gonna sting. Lsu is nuts. And programs way less than ours have more baseball money than we do. Is what it is... we had a great class last year considering. Had we had lsu money skenes might be here. Maybe not. But we had no shot when it all came down to it.

The Federalist Engineer
12-21-2022, 12:36 AM
According to this poll ... MSU could and perhaps should be about 22-0 to start the season.

USM is the only ranked team in the early schedule and I thought they were completely gutted by portal piracy.

Todd4State
12-21-2022, 01:13 AM
Very true. Spoke w coach berry recently. I feel sorry for him. Great coach. Portal is gonna screw him forever. This year was brutal.

Yeah. I remember a lot of USM fans excited because they thought that some of their key pitchers were coming back...only to lose them to the portal.

Todd4State
12-21-2022, 01:15 AM
According to this poll ... MSU could and perhaps should be about 22-0 to start the season.

USM is the only ranked team in the early schedule and I thought they were completely gutted by portal piracy.

We need an easier schedule to get some confidence and get some guys from the portal settled. Arizona State is an old blue blood at least. And we have a decent preseason tournament for our fans as well.

The Federalist Engineer
12-21-2022, 08:52 AM
Nil?? You think nil helps us?? Maybe not as much as football as far as hurt but it's gonna sting. Lsu is nuts. And programs way less than ours have more baseball money than we do. Is what it is... we had a great class last year considering. Had we had lsu money skenes might be here. Maybe not. But we had no shot when it all came down to it.

Who are the NIL power houses of baseball?

LSU, Tex AM, Arkansas... where is MSU ranking in this mix?