PDA

View Full Version : is RaRa goin' to UGA?

TUSK
12-20-2022, 12:25 PM
I saw some scuttlebutt on tRant that he's leaning towards Athens....

SailingDawg
12-20-2022, 12:53 PM
They offered him. Big jump for sure, but do they even throw to receivers?

Todd4State
12-20-2022, 01:26 PM
They offered him. Big jump for sure, but do they even throw to receivers?
You can't drop what they don't throw. I'm

parabrave
12-20-2022, 02:32 PM

Stole my thunder, losing Zavion to the portal will hurt us more than RaRa.

DownwardDawg
12-20-2022, 02:46 PM

Yeah... does Georgia have some different footballs? More "catchable" maybe.
Maybe blocking really excites him?

Coach34
12-20-2022, 03:12 PM
“Easily replaced” was the BS consensus around here a couple weeks ago

662dawg
12-20-2022, 03:41 PM
“Easily replaced” was the BS consensus around here a couple weeks ago

He will be very easily replaced. Just as Malik Heath was. Maybe we'll find someone who doesn't disappear games at a time.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-20-2022, 06:05 PM
He is no McHonky

Saltydog
12-20-2022, 06:35 PM
Who cares? Shouldn't you be more interested in losing a 5 star OL (Tommy Brockmeyer) and one of your better WR's (JoJo Earle) to TCU? Damn, not only did Sonny Dykes take your spot in the playoffs, he's taking your players too.

Coach34
12-20-2022, 06:54 PM
He is no McHonky

That is a good point

BayouDawg
12-20-2022, 08:27 PM
RaRa has some real talent. It seems he isnt always very motivated though.

HancockCountyDog
12-20-2022, 09:15 PM
I don't know if he will be missed until i know what type of offense we will be running.

ZedFedder
12-21-2022, 01:07 AM
He has gotten some CBs to UGA.

Todd4State
12-21-2022, 01:18 AM
I don't know if he will be missed until i know what type of offense we will be running.

Statistically he was basically the same guy as Caleb Ducking. RaRa had a lot of touchdowns- but less than 500 yards receiving.

Both can be true- RaRa was a loss but he is also replaceable.

Todd4State
12-21-2022, 01:18 AM
He has gotten some CBs to UGA.

I mean if Georgia wants him and will pay him what he wants I'm sure they'll get him.

TUSK
12-21-2022, 01:44 AM
Who cares? Shouldn't you be more interested in losing a 5 star OL (Tommy Brockmeyer) and one of your better WR's (JoJo Earle) to TCU? Damn, not only did Sonny Dykes take your spot in the playoffs, he's taking your players too.

LOL... Tommy was buried on the depth chart. Jojo might have contributed as a #4 or #5 WR going forward.

Now, hop off that Toad Tallywhacker, daddio...

chef dixon
12-21-2022, 06:24 AM
He will magically not drop passes in a different uniform

Dawgface
12-21-2022, 09:42 AM
UGA uses old school stickum paste. ;)

coachnorm
12-21-2022, 10:45 AM
RaRa has some real talent. It seems he isnt always very motivated though.

How can a receiver stay motivated when he does things right and gets open or positioned to win contested catches and the quarterback throws swing passes and check downs? RaRa has good production in spite of an unconfident and weak armed quarterback?

BayouDawg
12-21-2022, 11:45 AM
How can a receiver stay motivated when he does things right and gets open or positioned to win contested catches and the quarterback throws swing passes and check downs? RaRa has good production in spite of an unconfident and weak armed quarterback?

We will have to agree to disagree here. Polk never came off the field because he consistently did his job. Rara could have had the same PT this year if he consistently did his job in games and practice. The coaches werent picking on him.

StarkVegasSteve
12-21-2022, 01:27 PM
Leach always had a great quote about RaRa, and Malik for that matter. "He's occasionally great, but we need him to be consistently good." Makai Polk was the example of consistently good

Todd4State
12-21-2022, 01:48 PM

Probably the same way a receiver stays motivated in an offense where they have to block for the running back on running plays all the time?

Leroy Jenkins
12-21-2022, 04:16 PM
Probably the same way a receiver stays motivated in an offense where they have to block for the running back on running plays all the time?

Yep.

coachnorm
12-21-2022, 06:51 PM
We will have to agree to disagree here. Polk never came off the field because he consistently did his job. Rara could have had the same PT this year if he consistently did his job in games and practice. The coaches werent picking on him.

Outside of Fred Ross, I just do not see any receiver from Mississippi State generate more pass reception production than RaRa in the past 15 years since I befriended Mjoelner and became a supporter of the Dawgs. The name of the game is production as a player and not a scheme participant. If you look at a football game as a war, you simply need the best killers with attitude on the front line whether they are good workers and good team mates. I bet the Alamo was filled with some of the biggest assholes in history but they were good at what they did? I believe that fellow elitedoggers are probably on point but I still believe that RaRa has done something not seen in a long time at MSU and that is produce on the long ball, sacrifice himself over the middle, and win the contested catches when thrown to. This is something seen from opponents that have beaten us in the past. Those receivers were possible assholes with bad attitudes: good Alamo material?

MrCoachKlein
12-21-2022, 07:05 PM
Outside of Fred Ross, I just do not see any receiver from Mississippi State generate more pass reception production than RaRa in the past 15 years since I befriended Mjoelner and became a supporter of the Dawgs. The name of the game is production as a player and not a scheme participant. If you look at a football game as a war, you simply need the best killers with attitude on the front line whether they are good workers and good team mates. I bet the Alamo was filled with some of the biggest assholes in history but they were good at what they did? I believe that fellow elitedoggers are probably on point but I still believe that RaRa has done something not seen in a long time at MSU and that is produce on the long ball, sacrifice himself over the middle, and win the contested catches when thrown to. This is something seen from opponents that have beaten us in the past. Those receivers were possible assholes with bad attitudes: good Alamo material?

Polk

Really Clark?
12-21-2022, 07:05 PM

Polk, Bear Wilson and Bumphis all had exponentially better production than Rara. It's not even close.

MrCoachKlein
12-21-2022, 07:07 PM
Polk

Rufus, Ducking, Tulu, Heath and Walley and Austin last yr

Like Leach said this year we have 10 of the same level wr. No one rose above the rest like Polk did last year.

Coach34
12-21-2022, 07:41 PM
Rufus, Ducking, Tulu, Heath and Walley and Austin last yr

Like Leach said this year we have 10 of the same level wr. No one rose above the rest like Polk did last year.

No

Rara has the largest per catch average of any WR under Leach. He's a good WR- bottom line. Losing him sux and does hurt our team slightly. Georgia wanting him says all you need to say. People seem to leave out he is still young- so he hasnt even reached his ceiling yet. Averaging 14.0 per catch in the Airbone is pretty amazing to be honest.

Are we still ok at WR? Absolutely. But losing him hurts a little. Anybody saying different is lying or a moron

bulldawg28
12-21-2022, 08:51 PM
No

Rara has the largest per catch average of any WR under Leach. He's a good WR- bottom line. Losing him sux and does hurt our team slightly. Georgia wanting him says all you need to say. People seem to leave out he is still young- so he hasnt even reached his ceiling yet. Averaging 14.0 per catch in the Airbone is pretty amazing to be honest.

Are we still ok at WR? Absolutely. But losing him hurts a little. Anybody saying different is lying or a moron

Truth, he was the go to and definitely a playmaker.

CaptainObvious
12-21-2022, 09:27 PM
He didn?t want to play in an offense that he couldn?t be the main guy. He didn?t separate himself with consistency above the others.

Malik Heath went to Ole Miss and became the go to guy against the soft part of their schedule.

I?m sure RARA thinks he can do the same.

coachnorm
12-21-2022, 10:16 PM
He didn?t want to play in an offense that he couldn?t be the main guy. He didn?t separate himself with consistency above the others.

Malik Heath went to Ole Miss and became the go to guy against the soft part of their schedule.

I?m sure RARA thinks he can do the same.

A championship blueprint would have #0 and#4 on the field about 80% of the time for deep threat content. Sharing too much time with other receivers simply will stunt the offensive production and evolve to lost games. How many quality teams at any level do this type of non sense? High Schools, Colleges, and NFL keep their deep threats i.e. keeping a knife at the throat of the defense 48 or 60 minute game. The name of the game is the long ball, taking huge hits and holding on, and contested catches. Everything else might amount to lesser significance in the upper tier of college football. Even Michigan has learned this and have changed from its garbage pass philosophy? I have not seen any MSU WR do it better than RaRa since becoming a Dawg supporter. Some do 2 of 3, but not 3 of 3 tasks I have stated. BTW, any receiver that does not think he should be the man should not be recruited.

DownwardDawg
12-22-2022, 12:59 AM
Truth, he was the go to and definitely a playmaker.

I bet we never miss him.

msu15
12-22-2022, 02:43 AM

Lololol, Bumphis, Polk, and Bear all produced way more than Rara did.

confucius say
12-22-2022, 09:37 AM
No

Pretty much where I am.
I will say RaRa's production didn't match his potential, but that's common with young guys.

I'll also say keeping Zavion will help replace that potential, because I think Zavion's potential is as high or higher than RaRa's.

Commercecomet24
12-22-2022, 09:51 AM
No

Accurate assessment. Losing him isn't the end of the world but it definitley hurts a little

662dawg
12-22-2022, 09:57 AM

Hell we have had several receivers just in recent memory in run oriented offenses produced way more than RaRa did lol. Jayden Walley even did in his true freshman year. Add Donald Gray, Ross, Jameon Lewis, Jameyel Smith, Tony Burks & on and on and on. And RaRa played in the air raid & could never separate himself from 10 other receivers on the roster. He's talented but easily replaceable. Everyone saying otherwise knows this & are likely just wanting to argue lol.

Johnson85
12-22-2022, 09:57 AM
Statistically he was basically the same guy as Caleb Ducking. RaRa had a lot of touchdowns- but less than 500 yards receiving.

Both can be true- RaRa was a loss but he is also replaceable.

RaRa's current production is not a big loss and is easily replaceable. But he's a young guy and had a lot of upside. Obvious upside if UGA is willing to pay him despite not doing that much statistically. If he reaches his potential, then that is a big loss. We'll see if he does or not.

662dawg
12-22-2022, 10:11 AM
Yep.

RaRa's current production is not a big loss and is easily replaceable. But he's a young guy and had a lot of upside. Obvious upside if UGA is willing to pay him despite not doing that much statistically. If he reaches his potential, then that is a big loss. We'll see if he does or not.

To be fair this exact thing can be said about 4-5 other receivers currently on the roster with a good group coming in. Don't be shocked if Creed has a really really good freshman year.

Coach34
12-22-2022, 11:24 AM

Bumphis had 1 season- his Sr season- better than RaRa's Soph season. Wilson's Soph season was almost identical to RaRa's.

The comparision to Ducking kinda shows what we are talking about. They had very similar stats except that RaRa had 150 more yards. He's more of the big play guy. His over 14 yards per catch proves it

662dawg
12-22-2022, 11:47 AM
Bumphis had 1 season- his Sr season- better than RaRa's Soph season. Wilson's Soph season was almost identical to RaRa's.

The comparision to Ducking kinda shows what we are talking about. They had very similar stats except that RaRa had 150 more yards. He's more of the big play guy. His over 14 yards per catch proves it

Arkansas, Kentucky, Georgia & Ole Miss games COMBINED..

4 receptions, 74 yards & 1 TD.

He literally completely disappeared in half of our conference games. 3 of those teams had bad secondaries. This is playing in an air raid system where we throw the ball a gazillion times per game.

We will not miss RaRa for even one second. Good player who will be very easily replaced in this offense. Good luck to him wherever he lands.

Really Clark?
12-22-2022, 11:52 AM

What are you talking about Bumphis had over 14 yards per catch his Soph year with almost identical numbers as Rara with Relf at QB in a running offense. Bumphis over his total time at State, his production dwarfed Rara's. But even a Soph year comparison Bumphis was as productive in a totally different scheme with a non-throwing QB. When it comes to production we've had several that have produced more. Now there's no question he could be great his JR / SR year but to date, which is all we have to go on, we've had multiple guys produce at his level the last 15 years.

bulldawg28
12-22-2022, 12:54 PM
Arkansas, Kentucky, Georgia & Ole Miss games COMBINED..

4 receptions, 74 yards & 1 TD.

He literally completely disappeared in half of our conference games. 3 of those teams had bad secondaries. This is playing in an air raid system where we throw the ball a gazillion times per game.

We will not miss RaRa for even one second. Good player who will be very easily replaced in this offense. Good luck to him wherever he lands.

Is disappearing his fault? He's not dropping the ball like others consistently have done.

Activated Alpha
12-22-2022, 01:02 PM
Meh screw him. Don't care that he goes and won't certainly miss him. If you don't want to play for us then you are the same as an OM fan in my eyes....

confucius say
12-22-2022, 01:17 PM
Assuming he comes back, Will ZT play on the outside?

Cloak
12-22-2022, 01:56 PM
He's going to UGA

TrapGame
12-22-2022, 02:06 PM
He's going to UGA

Yep, done deal.

662dawg
12-22-2022, 02:31 PM
Is disappearing his fault? He's not dropping the ball like others consistently have done.

Yes he did. He dropped TWO sure fire first downs on third down against LSU. Ended up being very costly. We did not have a receiver step up and be THAT GUY last year. He may not even start at Georgia. Will wasn't near as good as he needs to be, but RaRa hated physical cornerbacks & 100% disappeared at times. In a perfect world, we improve at QB AND Receiver in 2023.

Vandownbytheriver
12-22-2022, 05:23 PM
Yep, done deal.

At least it's not Ole Miss.

BuckyIsAB****
12-22-2022, 06:14 PM

Haha

BuckyIsAB****
12-22-2022, 06:15 PM

Hahahaha

662dawg
12-22-2022, 06:31 PM
Dominic Lovett just committed to Georgia as well. The 3rd leading receiver in the SEC. RaRa "might" provide good depth for Georgia 😭

Leeshouldveflanked
12-22-2022, 08:16 PM
Dominic Lovett just committed to Georgia as well. The 3rd leading receiver in the SEC. RaRa "might" provide good depth for Georgia 😭
Yep cant see RaRa getting many touches with UGA running a 2 TE offense half of the time