PDA

View Full Version : My boys headed to StarkVegas

tireddawg
12-18-2022, 12:12 AM
I haven?t posted in quite some time, but wanted to share as a very proud father. My twin boys, who are seniors in hs have kept me busy & I?ve had some health issues, but feeling a bit back to my old self.

Anyway the reason for my post. My boys have been accepted into the honors college at State, & damn I?m proud of them. They?ve had several offers but ?Starkville feels like home?

But I gotta tell ya, academic recruiting is a bit crazy when the kids are super intelligent & have high test scores(must?ve gotten it from their mom). They have an excellent counselor from State, who is very enthusiastic about her job, & loves them.

Their scholly will allow them to put money into their pockets and they?ve earned every bit of it. OM is after one of them very hard due to his resume & major, but of course he?s all dawg. Ga offered them but Athens wasn?t their thing.

Just wanted to share and brag a bit. Really blessed as they are fine young men, and have me grinning from ear to ear!

Goldendawg
12-18-2022, 12:32 AM
Good for them! Raised them right. Hail State!

Commercecomet24
12-18-2022, 12:39 AM
That's awesome! Congratulations!

BrunswickDawg
12-18-2022, 08:18 AM
Congrats! I've been there - and it feels great when your kids not only get into college, but become Bulldogs and get some $ to do it.

viverlibre
12-18-2022, 09:22 AM
Congrats! Hopefully they stay on track! My oldest had more than enough scholarships to put a good bit of money back in his pocket, but f'ed around and found out by the end of his first year!

Leeshouldveflanked
12-18-2022, 09:24 AM
Too bad Macks doesnt exist anymore.

tireddawg
12-18-2022, 09:12 PM
Congrats! Hopefully they stay on track! My oldest had more than enough scholarships to put a good bit of money back in his pocket, but f'ed around and found out by the end of his first year!

Their too scared of momma to do that. But yeah hopefully they keep their head

R2Dawg
12-18-2022, 09:20 PM
Congrats, I know you are proud.

Both my kids are at State now - one senior and one freshman.

I had Bama, OleMiss and Auburn as competing schools when my kids went thru it. MSU is a great school with a lot to offer and my kids figured that out even though they had a heavy dose from me growing up.

Enjoy the ride, it goes fast.