PDA

View Full Version : Tampering

Leroy Jenkins
12-15-2022, 09:43 PM
If there is no enforcement, how do you fix it?

https://twitter.com/spokesmanclark/status/1602375841429659648?s=46&t=PwY8nLffsrG93WV-2vS0xg

Coach34
12-15-2022, 09:49 PM
Gloves are off. No more rules

Lord McBuckethead
12-15-2022, 09:51 PM
I say call out the coaches on the other team.
In no way should a business owner, etc have direct communication with a player of another team. Every school should have a Bulldog Initiative that acts as a intermediary between players and the public, putting parties together on everything over 1k.

And it should never be a scenario where you contact a current player of a team to lure them to another team. Unless they are in the transfer portal.

Also, all scholarships should be 4 year agreements. None of this cutting players etc, outside morality causes and such.

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2022, 10:04 PM
Send their name into Steve Robertson

Lord McBuckethead
12-15-2022, 10:10 PM
I say if you are contacted by a person representing a school, and it can be proven they were working in the interest of the school, then that player should be banned by the NCAA from ever playing a down for that school.

If you are in the portal, different story.

If you are a recruit, different story.

If you are a sitting active member of a team and school, then improper contact should be upheld and that booster shall be disassociated and banned from all university events.

Political Hack
12-15-2022, 10:11 PM
I assume this is old news by now.... but one of our dear old friends, formally from the school up north, has been rumored to be involved. Was told that our players are being targeted as well. Days after our coach passed away. It's absolutely disgusting right now.

Leroy Jenkins
12-15-2022, 10:12 PM
Send their name into Steve Robertson

What's Steve gonna do? The NCAA doesn't have a clue how to enforce it without being sued.

There is a new NCAA president as of today I think. Former Gov of Massachusetts, so he's probably a mafia member.

Lord McBuckethead
12-15-2022, 10:12 PM
I wish our players would make these conversations known. Who they talked to. Who they were representing. How much money they were talking about. Etc. Shine a huge light on it.

Really Clark?
12-15-2022, 10:15 PM
In no way should a business owner, etc have direct communication with a player of another team. Every school should have a Bulldog Initiative that acts as a intermediary between players and the public, putting parties together on everything over 1k.

And it should never be a scenario where you contact a current player of a team to lure them to another team. Unless they are in the transfer portal.

Also, all scholarships should be 4 year agreements. None of this cutting players etc, outside morality causes and such.

I agree with this.

I can actually get behind the 4 scholarship agreement or graduation, whichever comes first. But it has to go both ways. If the player wants to break that scholarship agreement to go to another school at their level or higher, they have to sit a year and/or the school that wants that player has to payback the prior NIL spent by the previous school.

DownwardDawg
12-15-2022, 11:07 PM

Make every single one of them public. If it's a coach, a booster, a business, doesn't matter. Plaster it all over social media. Not sure if that would help but it could deter a few.

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2022, 11:12 PM
What's Steve gonna do? The NCAA doesn't have a clue how to enforce it without being sued.

There is a new NCAA president as of today I think. Former Gov of Massachusetts, so he's probably a mafia member.

He said all this on his podcast the other day I was making a joke

msugolf
12-15-2022, 11:16 PM
I assume this is old news by now.... but one of our dear old friends, formally from the school up north, has been rumored to be involved. Was told that our players are being targeted as well. Days after our coach passed away. It's absolutely disgusting right now.

I?ve known Hugh since late 90s. He?s the biggest fraud POS I?ve ever known. He would make Judas look like the best disciple

Goldendawg
12-15-2022, 11:58 PM
I agree with this.

I can actually get behind the 4 scholarship agreement or graduation, whichever comes first. But it has to go both ways. If the player wants to break that scholarship agreement to go to another school at their level or higher, they have to sit a year and/or the school that wants that player has to payback the prior NIL spent by the previous school.

Doubt many of these portal guys are worried about graduation at the moment, money and playing time. No rules, Wild, Wild West!

Really Clark?
12-16-2022, 12:30 AM
Doubt many of these portal guys are worried about graduation at the moment, money and playing time. No rules, Wild, Wild West!

It just keeps the grad transfer rule in place without penalty and an incentive for more players to get degrees. There are a large number who still get there degree.

Todd4State
12-16-2022, 12:38 AM
I agree with this.

There definitely needs to be more regulation.

I think it should be:

Can transfer as a grad transfer. Most of those guys just want to play football and that's fine.

I think they should allow transfers if the head coach leaves. A lot of players go somewhere to play for a certain coach or system and when they leave that is out the window and they need a way to move on because a lot of times they get cut by the new incoming coach.

I think I'm also OK with a one time transfer prior to a grad year. A lot of college kids just make a bad decision sometimes.

Lord McBuckethead
12-16-2022, 08:42 AM
Sure, but the player should be in the portal to be contacted. And the contact should be by the school and it?s NIL conglomerate. Not by randos.