PDA

View Full Version : Arnett

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2022, 06:13 PM
Just gonna tell what I have heard after a few days.

The offense is going to change a bit. It will still be Air Raid but not Leach Raid. Arnett is not the biggest fan of pure Air Raid. It wont be too crazy unless we magically find a TE/H body. And honestly Will is probably better in some RPOs (I know that is a hot word) than he is at pure air raid. He has done it since he was a Jr. The talks about him running Leaches offense his whole life was a myth. It was air raid plays not the air raid system. He will be fine.

Not much will change on defense. Someone will probably have to take over the safety spot and Hughes could easily do that. Brock could get a DC title for the raise but nothing much will change. And it shouldnt. The defensive staff has done a hell of a job.

As far as the OC, Spurrier is going to have to knock it out of the park to keep it. Spurrier is one of our best recruiters however so we will need to be prepared for him to leave if he doesnt get it. He has paid his dues. Hes gonna stay in the box and Hollingshead will probably signal in plays. But its all gonna go thru Will. We need to make sure we keep Mason Miller

Ryan Lindley could very well be the QB coach and Littrell is going to have to turn it down for us to find someone else.

wrapit
12-15-2022, 06:32 PM
Offense needs to morph a bit from the true air raid, but Leach was doing that slowly it appeared, with the increase in rushing production. So this sounds good. I'd love to see a TE mixed in on occasion to keep the defense honest and of course a QB that can run a bit. The think that worries me a bit is the play calling. It appears Leach was very good at it. That skill wins/loses ball games.
I'm not worried at all about the defense with Arnett in charge of the program.

Hail State!

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2022, 06:40 PM
I just dont know if we have anyone on the roster that would first of all want to play TE/H and then anyone that could play it

Leeshouldveflanked
12-15-2022, 06:45 PM
Lots of TEs in the portal

bulldawg28
12-15-2022, 06:46 PM
I just dont know if we have anyone on the roster that would first of all want to play TE/H and then anyone that could play it

What about Harmon?

CoachT14
12-15-2022, 06:48 PM

The offense is going to change a bit. It will still be Air Raid but not Leach Raid. Arnett is not the biggest fan of pure Air Raid. It wont be too crazy unless we magically find a TE/H body. And honestly Will is probably better in some RPOs (I know that is a hot word) than he is at pure air raid. He has done it since he was a Jr. The talks about him running Leaches offense his whole life was a myth. It was air raid plays not the air raid system. He will be fine.

Not much will change on defense. Someone will probably have to take over the safety spot and Hughes could easily do that. Brock could get a DC title for the raise but nothing much will change. And it shouldnt. The defensive staff has done a hell of a job.

As far as the OC, Spurrier is going to have to knock it out of the park to keep it. Spurrier is one of our best recruiters however so we will need to be prepared for him to leave if he doesnt get it. He has paid his dues. Hes gonna stay in the box and Hollingshead will probably signal in plays. But its all gonna go thru Will. We need to make sure we keep Mason Miller

Ryan Lindley could very well be the QB coach and Littrell is going to have to turn it down for us to find someone else.

Let’s goooooo! That’s my number 1 choice.

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2022, 06:49 PM
What about Harmon?

That was my first thought. But would he want to is the deal

TrapGame
12-15-2022, 06:50 PM
I think most of us pretty much figured the scheme would get adjusted a bit. And that's fine. We need an experienced play caller in my opinion. I think Seth Littrell as OC would be a major boost if we can get him.

CoachT14
12-15-2022, 06:52 PM
I think most of us pretty much figured the scheme would get adjusted a bit. And that's fine. We need an experienced play caller in my opinion. I think Seth Littrell as OC would be a major boost if we can get him.

He’s averaged anywhere from top 10 to top 30 offenses almost everywhere. He’s got some outlier years. But dude is a legit OC and had a top 20 offense this year.

To add. It was always going to change with a new guy AR or not. Leach is about the only pure Air Raid left.

bulldawg28
12-15-2022, 06:53 PM
That was my first thought. But would he want to is the deal

If he's catching passes and gets back on the field he should be excited.

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2022, 07:00 PM
If he's catching passes and gets back on the field he should be excited.

Yeah but it depends. TE/H is one of the hardest positions to play in football. Those guys are literally everything from a WR to a pulling guard

CoachT14
12-15-2022, 07:03 PM
Yeah but it depends. TE/H is one of the hardest positions to play in football. Those guys are literally everything from a WR to a pulling guard

I figure we can get 2 in the portal and move Harmon there.

Matt3467
12-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Not popular but I think Spurrier Jr should get the shot. He's got pedigree and he's going to get the chance somewhere.

CoachT14
12-15-2022, 07:08 PM
Not popular but I think Spurrier Jr should get the shot. He's got pedigree and he's going to get the chance somewhere.

Cool. Let him get it elsewhere. We don’t need a first time Head Coach and first time OC. Too big a risk at such a huge turning point in the program.

662dawg
12-15-2022, 07:13 PM
What about Harmon?

Put 15-20 pounds on Justin Robinson

DownwardDawg
12-15-2022, 07:19 PM

All sounds great to me! Thanks for the update.

bulldawg28
12-15-2022, 07:22 PM

True

bulldawg28
12-15-2022, 07:22 PM

We'll need Robinson to replace Rara

662dawg
12-15-2022, 07:26 PM

I think his replacement comes from the portal.

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2022, 07:26 PM

We need someone better. We have to find a dawg at X/Z. We didnt have one this year. RaRa was a lot like Malik Heath. Him leaving will give someone a chance to step up

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2022, 07:27 PM
And forgot to add, we are fighting hard to keep Dillion Johnson. Its not over yet

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2022, 07:28 PM

Hes gonna get a shot. A big time bowl win and it would be hard to pick someone else. Leach trusted him

DownwardDawg
12-15-2022, 07:34 PM
And forgot to add, we are fighting hard to keep Dillion Johnson. Its not over yet

Wow. Interesting. Not sure how I feel about that.

RocketDawg
12-15-2022, 07:35 PM

I'd never heard of Littrell, so I googled him. He was fired at North Texas a week or so ago after several seasons. Had a 44-44 record. You think you'd want him running our offense?

RocketDawg
12-15-2022, 07:37 PM

If he doesn't know how to gain weight, he could hang with me for a while. I know all the tricks.

Time for a glass of eggnog ....

BeardoMSU
12-15-2022, 07:42 PM

Redemption stories are cool with me.

State82
12-15-2022, 07:44 PM
If he doesn't know how to gain weight, he could hang with me for a while. I know all the tricks.

Word.

CoachT14
12-15-2022, 07:47 PM
I'd never heard of Littrell, so I googled him. He was fired at North Texas a week or so ago after several seasons. Had a 44-44 record. You think you'd want him running our offense?

Well considering almost every offense he’s coached is either a top 10 or 20 offense besides a few outlier years, I’d say he’s damn good OC. Might want to do more than just look at a record when discussing a guy we like for OC. He was .500 at North Texas for goodness sakes. He wasn’t at a blue blood and .500

Tater

At the end of the day, I think what has transpired with Dillon is going to turn him into a much better man and into a harder worker.

This tragedy will be emotional for him and such a life lesson. Him being willing to come back to State and admit his mistake would be a huge growth step forward. I'd almost look at it as we lost a prima donna RB to the portal and gained a hard-working, sec-experienced, mentally strong HB from the portal. We'd upgrade for sure. That would be the type of player we want to add to the team.

I feel like him coming back would be him responding correctly to Leach. Leach's comments came from a place of disappointment. He saw greatness in Dillon. Dillon did something mentally weak and did double down on it. To come back, would not be to spite Leach. It would to be accepting that a great man needed to coach him to be better and acting on that. I, for one, would love to see that happen. How awesome would it be to be the last player to gather great inspiration directly from Mike Leach.

Really Clark?

Run his offensive numbers as an OC at Arizona, Indiana, and North Carolina before he arrived and what he did in his time. Also, look at what North Texas was before and after his arrival. We are not looking at his HC record, which is also above the norm for North Texas as well.

BeardoMSU
12-15-2022, 07:49 PM
At the end of the day, I think what has transpired with Dillon is going to turn him into a much better man and into a harder worker.

This tragedy will be emotional for him and such a life lesson. Him being willing to come back to State and admit his mistake would be a huge growth step forward. I'd almost look at it as we lost a prima donna RB to the portal and gained a hard-working, sec-experienced, mentally strong HB from the portal. We'd upgrade for sure. That would be the type of player we want to add to the team.

I feel like him coming back would be him responding correctly to Leach. Leach's comments came from a place of disappointment. He saw greatness in Dillon. Dillon did something mentally weak and did double down on it. To come back, would not be to spite Leach. It would to be accepting that a great man needed to coach him to be better and acting on that. I, for one, would love to see that happen. How awesome would it be to be the last player to gather great inspiration directly from Mike Leach.

Well said, Tater.

TrapGame
12-15-2022, 07:50 PM

He had a top 20 offense, chief. He also had top 20 offenses at Indiana and North Carolina. Also much needed head coaching experience. Work on your Google-Fu, Grasshopper.

CoachT14
12-15-2022, 07:52 PM
Run his offensive numbers as an OC at Arizona, Indiana, and North Carolina before he arrived and what he did in his time. Also, look at what North Texas was before and after his arrival. We are not looking at his HC record, which is also above the norm for North Texas as well.

His offensive numbers through the years:

North Texas (Total Offense Ranking | PPG Ranking):

2022: 20th | 29th

2021: 40th | 76th

2020: 8th | 23rd

2019: 54th | 52nd

2018: 20th | 26th

2017: 24th | 19th

2016: 117th | 100th (first season)

UNC:

2015: 18th | 9th

2014: 48th | 39th

Indiana:

2013: 9th | 16th

2012: 34th | 53rd

Arizona:

2011: 16th | 38th

That’s pretty freaking good. But yeah sucks.

Really Clark?
12-15-2022, 07:54 PM
His offensive numbers through the years:

North Texas (Total Offense Ranking | PPG Ranking):

2022: 20th | 29th

2021: 40th | 76th

2020: 8th | 23rd

2019: 54th | 52nd

2018: 20th | 26th

2017: 24th | 19th

2016: 117th | 100th (first season)

UNC:

2015: 18th | 9th

2014: 48th | 39th

Indiana:

2013: 9th | 16th

2012: 34th | 53rd

Arizona:

2011: 16th | 38th

That’s pretty freaking good. But yeah sucks.

Yep. And when you look at what those schools were the year before he arrived, it looks even better.

was21
12-15-2022, 07:55 PM
BRING CUMBEST BACK!!!!!

Commercecomet24
12-15-2022, 07:57 PM

Well said Tater! I feel like him coming back would be him responding correctly to Leach. Leach's comments came from a place of disappointment. He saw greatness in Dillon. Dillon did something mentally weak and did double down on it. To come back, would not be to spite Leach. It would to be accepting that a great man needed to coach him to be better and acting on that. I, for one, would love to see that happen. How awesome would it be to be the last player to gather great inspiration directly from Mike Leach.

I agree. We all make mistakes and I wholeheartedly believe in second chances, provided he's humble and willing to make amends with the team and staff I wouldn't have any problems accepting him back. I would tell him he needs to stay off social media though.

When someone shows contrition and apologizes and shows their willing to do better then it should all be forgiven and forgotten.

CoachT14
12-15-2022, 08:02 PM
Yep. And when you look at what those schools were the year before he arrived, it looks even better.

81-155 is the record of North Texas leading up to Littrell’s hire since re-entering D1 after moving to FCS for a several years.

But yeah 44-44 is so bad there.

State82
12-15-2022, 08:08 PM
I agree. We all make mistakes and I wholeheartedly believe in second chances, provided he's humble and willing to make amends with the team and staff I wouldn't have any problems accepting him back. I would tell him he needs to stay off social media though.

When someone shows contrition and apologizes and shows their willing to do better then it should all be forgiven and forgotten.

100%

Activated Alpha
12-15-2022, 08:17 PM

This right here!! If he came back and used Leach's teachings as inspiration holy crap what a man he would become. Leach is going to be sorely missed not because of the coach that he is, but because of the type man that he is...

Coach34
12-15-2022, 08:17 PM
Good stuff Bucky...and even the buffoon Tater made a solid post

Having a TE type player would do nothing but help Rogers
Having a legit running game would do nothing but help Rogers

I'm also hearing that the bowl game is likely Spurrier's last game at State in addition to moving forward we may go back to 1 WR coach.

Keep the Culture of the program in place
Keep the defensive philosophy that has been working in place
Hire the right OC

The OC hire will make or break Arnette

Activated Alpha
12-15-2022, 08:21 PM

I'm also hearing that the bowl game is likely Spurrier's last game at State in addition to moving forward we may go back to 1 WR coach.

Hire the right OC

Come on man, you could have made that comment without the "buffoon" part. This time is a time for healing and coming together to celebrate the man Leach was

Todd4State
12-15-2022, 08:32 PM
Hes gonna get a shot. A big time bowl win and it would be hard to pick someone else. Leach trusted him

I'm confused. Are we going with Spurrier or all in on Littrell?

Coach34
12-15-2022, 08:47 PM
Come on man, you could have made that comment without the "buffoon" part. This time is a time for healing and coming together to celebrate the man Leach was

A) Tater is a buffoon

B) Did you make these same posts on his replies to me the last 2 days?

Westdawg
12-15-2022, 08:59 PM
What about Harmon?
Watched him a bunch in HS?.he could definitely be a bit of a matchup nightmare if we put 10-15lbs more on him and slide him to H/TE hybrid

Activated Alpha
12-15-2022, 09:02 PM
A) Tater is a buffoon

I haven't seen his posts in the last 2 days, but I would say the same thing to him. Set aside personal disputes and insults during this time.

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2022, 10:08 PM
I'm confused. Are we going with Spurrier or all in on Littrell?

If Spurrier does well in the bowl it will be ages to pick someone else. If you can get Riley or Littrell you jump on it. Nothing will be decided till after Jan 2. Spurrier deserves the bowl game at the bare minimum. He is a good dude and has done a great job for us and Leach for a long time. The knock on him is going to be can he handle the knowledge of the entire offense

DownwardDawg
12-15-2022, 10:09 PM

Great points. Now let's see what he does.

Tater
12-15-2022, 10:09 PM
A) Tater is a buffoon

I replied to you once where you made a coach's death about you. You were being a egotistical idiot and deserved some ridicule.

But yea equate the post where you being a shitbird, me calling you out to the post where you even admit i made a good post and you take an unnecessary jab. Notice in both instances you're the first one with shitty character traits here.

Some day you'll be able to do some self reflection. Until then, I hear little caeser's in Dubuque, Iowa needs a shakerboarder.

Bdawg
12-15-2022, 10:47 PM

I thought it was already big of him to come back on twitter and say his condolences for Leach. Said even family sometimes have arguments and seemed remorseful. My wife taught him when he was younger and he?s a good kid and has a good family I believe. Just made an emotional, rash mistake on twitter. It doesn?t make him a bad kid and so far his track record says that. I believe twitter was the outlier.

Bdawg
12-15-2022, 10:53 PM
If Spurrier does well in the bowl it will be ages to pick someone else. If you can get Riley or Littrell you jump on it. Nothing will be decided till after Jan 2. Spurrier deserves the bowl game at the bare minimum. He is a good dude and has done a great job for us and Leach for a long time. The knock on him is going to be can he handle the knowledge of the entire offense

You mean to say he’s been this long with Leach and would have a problem with the entire offense??? I’m not endorsing him, but I just find that hard to believe.

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2022, 11:01 PM
I thought it was already big of him to come back on twitter and say his condolences for Leach. Said even family sometimes have arguments and seemed remorseful. My wife taught him when he was younger and he?s a good kid and has a good family I believe. Just made an emotional, rash mistake on twitter. It doesn?t make him a bad kid and so far his track record says that. I believe twitter was the outlier.

I think he has had some people in his ear. From home and else where

DownwardDawg
12-15-2022, 11:16 PM
I replied to you once where you made a coach's death about you. You were being a egotistical idiot and deserved some ridicule.

But yea equate the post where you being a shitbird, me calling you out to the post where you even admit i made a good post and you take an unnecessary jab. Notice in both instances you're the first one with shitty character traits here.

Some day you'll be able to do some self reflection. Until then, I hear little caeser's in Dubuque, Iowa needs a shakerboarder.

The older I get, and the more stress and shit I have to deal with at work, jobs like that sound so awesome to me. Then.... there's the pay thingy.....

Goldendawg
12-15-2022, 11:27 PM
Lots of TEs in the portal

Has Cameron Matthews played any football? He would be a beast at TE!! Hail State!

KOdawg1
12-15-2022, 11:40 PM

Hire the right OC

Wait... you mean to tell me a coach might leave?!?! No way **

I don't understand the Spurrier love. Seems like a good dude, but if his last name wasn't Spurrier, some of y'all wouldn't be going nuts for him. Mason Miller is more qualified to run the offense, but I hope we go with an outside hire. Arnett being a first year head coach will need a solid coordinator to help him. Littrell or Hatcher would do.

Todd4State
12-16-2022, 12:17 AM

I'm not too worried about that. Harmon can bulk up and it will get him on the field more and we have a walk-on from Hinds coming in. All we need is one more dude from the portal and we should be Ok there. H-Back is a role position anyway so we'll probably be able to find a decent grad transfer or a JUCO guy to fill in that role.

Todd4State
12-16-2022, 12:22 AM
Wait... you mean to tell me a coach might leave?!?! No way **

I don't understand the Spurrier love. Seems like a good dude, but if his last name wasn't Spurrier, some of y'all wouldn't be going nuts for him. Mason Miller is more qualified to run the offense, but I hope we go with an outside hire. Arnett being a first year head coach will need a solid coordinator to help him. Littrell or Hatcher would do.

If Miller was a candidate then why isn't he or Hollinghead calling the plays? I know only one guy can call the plays. I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we make Spurrier or Hollinghead the passing game coordinator and Miller the run game coordinator and have co-OC.

At any rate it doesn't sound like anything is set in stone at this point.

Captain Falcon
12-16-2022, 12:22 PM
The thing to remember is we have a lot of assistants that have been with Leach since Washington State and some go back as far as his Texas Tech or Valdosta State days. They were super loyal to Leach, but Arnett is not Leach. Not saying they dislike Arnett, but they may be ready for a new opportunity elsewhere now that their mentor is gone.

Point being, our staff retention under Leach was amazing from year to year. Like abnormally good. Don?t be shocked if you see more movement now that Leach is no longer with us.

yjnkdawg
12-16-2022, 04:08 PM
My favorite was Littrell for OC, but after I heard the way Hatcher explained his offense, a basketball on grass mentality, I think I [refer him over Littrell, but I think either would be fine. It takes that high tempo offense to compete with the Bama's. I just don''t see Arnett giving the OC position to an unproven WR coach. If we didn't have the money then that would make more sense. This OC hire is what will make or break Artnett. I think we also need a well known OC to attract the receivers, and the skill players we want to get. Moving Brock to DC makes sense to me though.

yjnkdawg
12-16-2022, 04:17 PM
If Miller was a candidate then why isn't he or Hollinghead calling the plays? I know only one guy can call the plays. I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we make Spurrier or Hollinghead the passing game coordinator and Miller the run game coordinator and have co-OC.

At any rate it doesn't sound like anything is set in stone at this point.

I think passing game coordinator and run game coordinator has 0% possibility concerning this upcoming hire. I hope Arnett finds a spot for Hollingshead though ( I bet he does), because he is an upcoming coach with a lot of potential, and involved heavily in our recruiting.

TorpedoIPA
12-16-2022, 04:34 PM
Offense needs to morph a bit from the true air raid, but Leach was doing that slowly it appeared, with the increase in rushing production. So this sounds good. I'd love to see a TE mixed in on occasion to keep the defense honest and of course a QB that can run a bit. The think that worries me a bit is the play calling. It appears Leach was very good at it. That skill wins/loses ball games.
I'm not worried at all about the defense with Arnett in charge of the program.

Hail State!

I don't understand why it is so important to hand the ball to the running back where he gains 3 or 4 yards as opposed to throwing it to him in space where he may have some running room.
I can see where a fast mobile quarterback may be able to keep plays alive longer so the ball can be thrown further down field though. Leach believed in repetition and he invested a lot of them in the first string quarterback. He probably didn't want his QB do run too much and get hurt. Notice the SC QB got hurt and it probably cost them the game against Utah. I think the LSU QB got hurt before or during the championship game too.
Anyway, I believe the offensive line is a big key to Will's success and Leach was slowly building it to where he wanted it with his type of players. It can take a few years to build your OL with the depth you need.

I like the scheme but that's my opinion.

I really enjoy reading the different viewpoints on this board though.

BuckyIsAB****
12-16-2022, 06:45 PM
I'm not too worried about that. Harmon can bulk up and it will get him on the field more and we have a walk-on from Hinds coming in. All we need is one more dude from the portal and we should be Ok there. H-Back is a role position anyway so we'll probably be able to find a decent grad transfer or a JUCO guy to fill in that role.

H back is one of the toughest positions to play. Probably the hardest on offense.

Todd4State
12-16-2022, 09:14 PM
H back is one of the toughest positions to play. Probably the hardest on offense.

True but we don't need a ton of them.

SpaceBully
12-16-2022, 09:44 PM
Offense needs to morph a bit from the true air raid, but Leach was doing that slowly it appeared, with the increase in rushing production.
Hail State!

Did rushing really increase from Washington State to Mississippi State? I don't know to be honest, but Leach did have a 1,000+ yd rushing RB at WaState.

Cloak
12-17-2022, 12:11 AM
All of you spinning Johnson coming back in a positive light are crazy. He needs to go.

msu15
12-17-2022, 12:39 AM
All of you spinning Johnson coming back in a positive light are crazy. He needs to go.

100% disagree and I think you are crazy.

Todd4State
12-17-2022, 01:51 AM

The person advising Johnson is the one that needs to go.

MSU football players getting poor advice has been an issue for YEARS. And it's not coming from MSU coaches. Probably someone that just wants some money off of them when they make it big in the NFL. Bunch of sorry maggots.

Tater
12-17-2022, 10:45 AM

It's not spin.

His problem was off the field immaturity and decision making.

If he comes back, he would show growth in maturing. What other problems did he have? The guy has helped carry the load for almost 3 years. There's value in that experience.

Like I said in my first post, we wouldn't be getting the same guy back. We'd lose a prima donna and gain a maturing SEC vet. I'll take that trade any day.

EdwardDrayton
12-17-2022, 07:18 PM
The person advising Johnson is the one that needs to go.

MSU football players getting poor advice has been an issue for YEARS. And it's not coming from MSU coaches. Probably someone that just wants some money off of them when they make it big in the NFL. Bunch of sorry maggots.

Truth. And not just in football either.

EdwardDrayton
12-17-2022, 07:26 PM
Has Cameron Matthews played any football? He would be a beast at TE!! Hail State!

Don't know if he can catch a football but if he said let's go, I'm sure throwing it at him to see what he can do. That man is a pure athlete and the heart of a lion.

calidawg
12-17-2022, 07:53 PM
This should not be a one game audition for Spurrier. Thanks for your service but he needs to go. Leach was getting 5MM and Arnett is getting 3MM. We have plenty of money to back up the truck for a proven OC. Let's go get who we want

Todd4State
12-17-2022, 10:56 PM
This should not be a one game audition for Spurrier. Thanks for your service but he needs to go. Leach was getting 5MM and Arnett is getting 3MM. We have plenty of money to back up the truck for a proven OC. Let's go get who we want

Well, I don't know if we're going to hire Spurrier or not but it wouldn't surprise me even though I don't think that's necessarily the best move for us.

Coach34
12-17-2022, 11:47 PM
Spurrier Jr being on next year's staff would surprise me from what I'm hearing.

tireddawg
12-17-2022, 11:54 PM

This is a good post Tater. About had me cutting onions.

Todd4State
12-18-2022, 12:36 AM
Spurrier Jr being on next year's staff would surprise me from what I'm hearing.

And what are you hearing?

Dawghouse
12-18-2022, 01:29 AM

Get Martha Stewart on staff. Team would be fried up.

Dawgface
12-18-2022, 08:16 AM

100% agree. The only reason he would come back is because he won't have to deal with Leach.

basedog
12-18-2022, 08:32 AM
100% agree. The only reason he would come back is because he won't have to deal with Leach.

Or maybe he can't get the deal he wants.

basedog
12-18-2022, 08:34 AM

You know that isn't true Bucky, QB by far the the most demanding and toughest to play. LOL, but true.

Jarius
12-18-2022, 08:59 AM
Spurrier has absolutely zero chance of being the new OC

Bdawg
12-18-2022, 09:50 AM
Don’t really know much about Spurrier but seems he recruits well from what I’ve read. Hate to lose a recruiter but we need a proven OC, imo.

TorpedoIPA
12-18-2022, 10:07 AM

Some would argue that actions should have consequences and believe in the concept of personal responsibility. Would letting him back send the wrong message ?

I agree 100% with what Leach said.

Tater
12-18-2022, 12:10 PM
Some would argue that actions should have consequences and believe in the concept of personal responsibility. Would letting him back send the wrong message ?

I agree 100% with what Leach said.

Oh he'd have to earn his spot back with the team. He doesn't get to come back without that internal apology and admitting that Coach was right, he sees that, and is ready to work to be mentally strong like the team needs him to be for us to be successful.

The players won't just let him walk back into the locker room without that. And from what I'm hearing, he is going to be willing to do that and work to be a better man. Time will tell.

Todd4State
12-18-2022, 12:47 PM
Oh he'd have to earn his spot back with the team. He doesn't get to come back without that internal apology and admitting that Coach was right, he sees that, and is ready to work to be mentally strong like the team needs him to be for us to be successful.

The players won't just let him walk back into the locker room without that. And from what I'm hearing, he is going to be willing to do that and work to be a better man. Time will tell.

You can't fix your mistake if you're not allowed to correct it for sure.

Reason2succeed
12-18-2022, 04:04 PM
Jacarious Clayton from Tupelo played TE in HS. Has anyone see him play? He?s listed as 6?6? which is good TE size.