PDA

View Full Version : This makes a lot of sense considering

Coach34
12-14-2022, 05:40 PM
The rumors I was hearing earlier in the season. Leach retired after the bowl game and we turn it over to Arnette. We unfortunately had something terrible happen to speed up the process.

Now get a good OC and let?s roll

DoctorDawg
12-14-2022, 05:45 PM
I was wondering how you would turn this in to something you knew would happen.

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2022, 05:45 PM
I love ya dude but Leach was not retiring.

DownwardDawg
12-14-2022, 05:46 PM
It certainly seems like that rumor could have been true. If so, then Leach would have certainly had conversations about who he thought should replace him.
I'm behind this hire 100%. I think it was the right move.

MrCoachKlein
12-14-2022, 05:48 PM
Agree with the hire and that Leach was grooming him to be a HC somewhere, but I don't believe for a minute Leach was retiring.

yjnkdawg
12-14-2022, 05:59 PM
The only way Leach would have retired after this year was if he was not physically able to coach. He had gotten the AR close to where he wanted it , and had a good chance to get a few impact wide receivers in the portal.

Coach34
12-14-2022, 06:01 PM
I love ya dude but Leach was not retiring.

Maybe/Maybe not. But people that donate a lot of money to the school were hearing it was possible and that Arnette would be looked at. That’s why I posted it. And here we are.

GoDawgz
12-14-2022, 06:09 PM
I was wondering how you would turn this in to something you knew would happen.

hahahhahaha ^^^

Tater
12-14-2022, 06:15 PM
The rumors I was hearing earlier in the season. Leach retired after the bowl game and we turn it over to Arnette. We unfortunately had something terrible happen to speed up the process.

As the World Turns around 34's giant ego.

Not everything is about you. In fact, virtually nothing is about you. Except that notice of failed training at Chikfila. You kept talking every drive thru order up about how you misspelled it as lemonate once and Arnold Palmer drew inspiration from you accidentally putting a T in lemonade. Just shut up and do your job. Stop making everything in life about you.

DownwardDawg
12-14-2022, 06:21 PM
Can't we all just get along????

Turfdawg67
12-14-2022, 06:27 PM
Geez, lighten up everyone. Y'all love to diss 34 (me too, often) but y'all are like moths to a flame when he posts. Which is exactly why he can be so brazen. Like a Howard Stern, love him or hate him, ya jump at the chance to see what he says. Lolz

AlSwearengen
12-14-2022, 06:28 PM
I don’t know if Coach knew anything or not, but when they announced it on H2H, the thought entered my mind that Arnett may have been being groomed to take over when Leach retired. I have been thinking that Leach would coach another couple of years, maybe three and then retire.

H2H pointed out that Arnett was basically the head coach for half of the team and when the defense was on the field, he was arguing with and questioning the refs, a job usually done by the head coach.

I will be interested to hear Keenum talk about the hire.

KOdawg1
12-14-2022, 06:38 PM
I don't think Leach was retiring this year, but I don't think it was far off. And I do think Arnett was his successor. Hence why he turned down big DC jobs like LSU and Auburn

DLGDawg
12-14-2022, 06:43 PM
Can't we all just get along????

I agree.
The last few days have been gut wrenching.
So many questions!!

But, I've seen more respect for all opinions the last few days than I ever have. I wish that could continue.

confucius say
12-14-2022, 06:43 PM
I don't think Leach was retiring this year, but I don't think it was far off. And I do think Arnett was his successor. Hence why he turned down big DC jobs like LSU and Auburn

That's what I had heard, that leach probably wouldn't finish out his contract

Todd4State
12-14-2022, 07:39 PM
I don’t know if Coach knew anything or not, but when they announced it on H2H, the thought entered my mind that Arnett may have been being groomed to take over when Leach retired. I have been thinking that Leach would coach another couple of years, maybe three and then retire.

H2H pointed out that Arnett was basically the head coach for half of the team and when the defense was on the field, he was arguing with and questioning the refs, a job usually done by the head coach.

I will be interested to hear Keenum talk about the hire.

That's a first for me as far as justification for hiring someone as the head coach.

chef dixon
12-14-2022, 08:11 PM
C34 is likely correct here whether you like it or not. I believe he was going to strongly consider retiring. The only thing that was a rumor about the health issues were the exact details.

99jc
12-14-2022, 08:28 PM
i heard last season Leach was going to retire. Nostradamus 34 told me.***

RezDog7
12-14-2022, 09:27 PM

Narcissist much!

Coach34
12-14-2022, 10:06 PM
That's what I had heard, that leach probably wouldn't finish out his contract

This

We found out that Leach has been dealing with CHF for a couple years now.

Dawgface
12-14-2022, 11:11 PM
This

So he had CHF and then got pneumonia in the last several weeks. No wonder his heart gave out.

CJDAWG85
12-14-2022, 11:22 PM
My family and I were talking before the EB that he had not been looking well.

Gutter Cobreh
12-15-2022, 10:45 AM
This

Do we not put coaches through annual physicals, to include bloodwork? How do we just find this out?

One would think if you're paying someone millions a year, the least you could do is ensure they're healthy without some preexisting condition.

Charlie_Sheen420
12-15-2022, 01:54 PM
Unless a physical or passing a physical is required as part of the job requirements such as playing in the NFL, it is not required of anyone to disclose any health information, in fact it?s illegal if they are asked to. Only way that info comes out is if the individual voluntarily reveals that info

TorpedoIPA
12-15-2022, 02:50 PM

I have observed Leach since my daughter attended Texas Tech when he was there. He looked so healthy during his layoff in Key West after the Adam James bullshit.

Then he walked to work everyday in Pullman Washington and looked relatively slim and trim.

But since he got to Starkville, it seems he went downhill, gained weight, and really aged.

I wish he hadn't had the chewing tobacco habit, but who knows if that caused anything. He did that when he was at Oklahoma once in a while.

Never met him but I feel almost like a very close friend has died. Hard to explain it.

Catfish
12-15-2022, 04:10 PM
I have observed Leach since my daughter attended Texas Tech when he was there. He looked so healthy during his layoff in Key West after the Adam James bullshit.

Then he walked to work everyday in Pullman Washington and looked relatively slim and trim.

But since he got to Starkville, it seems he went downhill, gained weight, and really aged.

I wish he hadn't had the chewing tobacco habit, but who knows if that caused anything. He did that when he was at Oklahoma once in a while.

Never met him but I feel almost like a very close friend has died. Hard to explain it.

Agree. We were living in Shallowater, Texas when Leach came to Lubbock. Everyone got behind him from the first game to his last. Damn Craig and Adam James. Followed him to Washington State and then here. His death has really hit me hard too. Met and talked to him one time in Lubbock. He just made a great impression on you.

Gutter Cobreh
12-15-2022, 10:32 PM
Unless a physical or passing a physical is required as part of the job requirements such as playing in the NFL, it is not required of anyone to disclose any health information, in fact it?s illegal if they are asked to. Only way that info comes out is if the individual voluntarily reveals that info

I don't believe this is correct. I'm not saying that the Athletic Dept. goes around asking employees for their health record, but as you state - why wouldn't we require all head coaches take an annual physical? There is nothing illegal about that. Many people take pre-employment physicals. One would think the stress of the job, combined with what they're being paid - this would occur.

Turfdawg67
12-16-2022, 12:33 AM
Delete

parabrave
12-16-2022, 12:59 AM

When you hit the late 50s the aging process speeds up and it becomes harder to keep looking 50. Trust me.

Kingbarkus
12-16-2022, 01:15 AM
I assume he had blockages that could have been detected. If so, he would have needed bypass surgery. I guess he would have retired. I’m still in a state of shock and feel terrible for his wife and children. The players too. Surreal.

Dawgface
12-16-2022, 08:56 AM
When you hit the late 50s the aging process speeds up and it becomes harder to keep looking 50. Trust me.

I ran into an old lady friend not long ago and I asked her how she was doing.
She replied....who are you? Told her my name and she looked me up and down and replied.....no you're not, what happened? Old age takes its toll.

DownwardDawg
12-16-2022, 10:37 AM
I ran into an old lady friend not long ago and I asked her how she was doing.
She replied....who are you? Told her my name and she looked me up and down and replied.....no you're not, what happened? Old age takes its toll.
Yeah, up until about a year ago, people told me all the time how young I looked for my age. Now, I've gone from looking like a young man to looking and feeling 70 or more. Just hit 55 and been battling cancer the past 3 years. Life will certainly catch up to you!!

gtowndawg
12-16-2022, 10:48 AM
Heck, I look at myself and say "dang, you look old!"

parabrave
12-16-2022, 12:04 PM
Heck, I look at myself and say "dang, you look old!"

Yeah but the big redhead bon bon eating wife of yours aged you prematurely. I won't even bring up your kids.

RisperDawg
12-16-2022, 12:08 PM
Yeah but the big redhead bon bon eating wife of yours aged you prematurely. I won't even bring up your kids.

Those fat women down at the shoe store too.

Maverick91
12-16-2022, 12:27 PM
Yeah, up until about a year ago, people told me all the time how young I looked for my age. Now, I've gone from looking like a young man to looking and feeling 70 or more. Just hit 55 and been battling cancer the past 3 years. Life will certainly catch up to you!!

Praying you get through it boss!

Goldendawg
12-16-2022, 05:08 PM

You just hit my prayer list. May God Richly Bless you and yours in this battle!

IMissJack
12-16-2022, 05:55 PM
Same here. I mentioned it to my wife during EB

Saltydog
12-16-2022, 06:57 PM
I honestly don't see what all the fuss is here. C34 said it and it did happen. Now, not necessarily like he or anyone else thought but in essence he was right.

Dawgface
12-16-2022, 08:02 PM

Good luck to you man. Hopefully it ends up being just a bump in the road for you.

SpaceBully
12-16-2022, 10:10 PM

Nope. Leach was gonna be here another 3-4 years had this terrible event not occurred. He was only 61.

State82
12-18-2022, 01:40 PM
Same from me, DownwardDawg. You hang in there and keep on keeping on.

DownwardDawg
12-18-2022, 09:17 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Goldendawg again.

DownwardDawg
12-18-2022, 09:22 PM
Thanks friends!! Prayers are always needed and cherished. I certainly didn't mean to derail the thread!
I'm good. Hunting, fishing, grand parenting!!! All the good things.

Coach34
12-18-2022, 09:30 PM
Downward Dawg we are all on your team and hoping you come out victorious. I hope people pull for my liver as well and that offsets the Rebal fans hoping I get anal cancer

DownwardDawg
12-18-2022, 09:38 PM
Downward Dawg we are all on your team and hoping you come out victorious. I hope people pull for my liver as well and that offsets the Rebal fans hoping I get anal cancer

Lol! Awesome post man!!!! We're all pulling for you as always!!! Well, most of us! Ha

Maroonthirteen
12-18-2022, 10:41 PM
On occasion, CHF is misdiagnosed as Pneumonia. Both cause fluids in the lungs, then coughing.

I had heard he was so sick. Coaches tried to get him to sit out a few weeks.

DownwardDawg
12-18-2022, 10:52 PM
On occasion, CHF is misdiagnosed as Pneumonia. Both cause fluids in the lungs, then coughing.

I had heard he was so sick. Coaches tried to get him to sit out a few weeks.

Interesting. He certainly looked and sounded bad at times this year.

Bubb Rubb
12-18-2022, 11:01 PM
C34 is likely correct here whether you like it or not. I believe he was going to strongly consider retiring. The only thing that was a rumor about the health issues were the exact details.

Leach told some folks definitively that he was NOT retiring this year. He was feeling better and was a little energized by how recruiting was going. It was expected by many in the athletic department, however, that he wouldn't have coached more than two or three more years.

Todd4State
12-18-2022, 11:25 PM
Leach told some folks definitively that he was NOT retiring this year. He was feeling better and was a little energized by how recruiting was going. It was expected by many in the athletic department, however, that he wouldn't have coached more than two or three more years.

I wish he could have gone out with a good 2023.

Dawgface
12-19-2022, 08:25 AM
I wish he could have gone out with a good 2023.

Yep. I also wish we would have hired after Mullen left.