PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl tweeting.........

Duckdog
12-14-2022, 03:05 PM
about college coaches trying to poach our players through a third party. He's going to "make you famous"

BayouDawg
12-14-2022, 03:08 PM
This stinks of freeze

sandjunky
12-14-2022, 03:10 PM
That?s why you have to make the right hire - can?t have emotions drive the decision here

Johnson85
12-14-2022, 03:16 PM
This stinks of freeze

I'm sure freeze is doing it. I'm not sure if Kiffin would do that or not. I'm under no illusions that anybody is going to wait more than a week or so, but I would like to think most coaches are decent enough human beings that they will let the players process it a little while first. It's not like they're going to leave before the bowl game at this point.

Commercecomet24
12-14-2022, 03:20 PM
I know it's a cutthroat business but just dang man! Give it a little time and Have a little respect.

Matt3467
12-14-2022, 03:20 PM
I'm going to hold judgment on Freeze atm but I'd really love to know who Steve is talking about.

Jacksondevildog
12-14-2022, 03:21 PM
?Let?s make sure we don?t comment about possible future coaches while current coaches are trying to pick our players from our program?.

- message board poster

Catfish
12-14-2022, 03:23 PM
I know it's a cutthroat business but just dang man! Give it a little time and Have a little respect.

Based on what you saying everything points to Freeze. No morals.. No values.

Todd4State
12-14-2022, 03:23 PM

It's Hugh Freeze. That's all that needs to be said.

Even worse he'll spin it as "giving the player a home in a time of need because that's what Jesus would do" or some other BS like that.

Catfish
12-14-2022, 03:24 PM

Even worse he'll spin it as "giving the player a home in a time of need because that's what Jesus would do" or some other BS like that.

Bingo!

Bdawg
12-14-2022, 03:29 PM

You saying that with certainty? Fits the bill for sure.

Coursesuper
12-14-2022, 03:30 PM

Coach that worked with Frezus said "I have never worked with a worse human being ". The man is a POS.

Pancho
12-14-2022, 03:32 PM
There are some rogue sharks dabbling and trying to inquire but I have no evidence that Lame has knowledge of them and their activities.

msudawg1200
12-14-2022, 03:34 PM
I'm sure freeze is doing it. I'm not sure if Kiffin would do that or not. I'm under no illusions that anybody is going to wait more than a week or so, but I would like to think most coaches are decent enough human beings that they will let the players process it a little while first. It's not like they're going to leave before the bowl game at this point.

Hell yes Kiffin would do it, and all the shitbird fans would be yucking it up.

DownwardDawg
12-14-2022, 03:39 PM

Are we just guessing here? Or does someone know it's freeze?

Maverick91
12-14-2022, 03:41 PM
Idc who it is, but if its someone from this conference they are dead to me. Absolute trash and they deserve to lose every game next year by 100. I hope we beat the breaks off of them and whoever is our coach does a end of game press meeting like woody Hayes saying he couldn’t go for three.

was21
12-14-2022, 03:41 PM
Ha!

RocketDawg
12-14-2022, 03:42 PM
about college coaches trying to poach our players through a third party. He's going to "make you famous"

I was afraid that would happen.

Biguglyjoe
12-14-2022, 03:46 PM
There are some rogue sharks dabbling and trying to inquire but I have no evidence that Lame has knowledge of them and their activities.

Plausible deniability

Pancho
12-14-2022, 03:47 PM
no question this is from within the SEC

bobtail bob
12-14-2022, 03:56 PM
This stinks of freeze

Or coonasses. They will be toting your shiit off as they are pulling out of your driveway with the body.

yjnkdawg
12-14-2022, 03:59 PM

I don't think Kiffin would do that. He and CML were friends . He had a nice respectful tweet yesterday, and even said he was glad now that OM lost the Egg Bowl and CML could go out as a winner like he was. Even some OM people agreed with him about his Egg Bowl comment and all of the responses were respectful toward CML.

RocketDawg
12-14-2022, 03:59 PM
no question this is from within the SEC

I suppose we'll find out once the players decide to take the offers, if they do.

yjnkdawg
12-14-2022, 04:07 PM
That?s why you have to make the right hire - can?t have emotions drive the decision here

If we hire a new HC and a new staff then we will have a bunch of players transferring and we will lose some commits and some in the transfer portal that were considering us. During this tragic time they need somebody that they can trust and want to play for which is Arnett. A complete rebuild under these circumstances would not be fair to our current players and especially the ones who said they would be back next year who some had said they wouldn't be back. Hopefully the players will know something tomorrow on the future of our football program.

Vandownbytheriver
We did have one enter the portal today. Someone should've advised him to give it a few days. Not a good look at all.

AlSwearengen
Wouldn?t put it past Freeze for a second, but you can bet your ass that olemiss boosters are trying. They will whore their wives and daughters out if it means 1 more win per season.

mo7888
12-14-2022, 04:11 PM
We did have one enter the portal today. Someone should've advised him to give it a few days. Not a good look at all.

Who

yjnkdawg
12-14-2022, 04:13 PM
I suppose we'll find out once the players decide to take the offers, if they do.

I don't think we have to worry about any of our current players taking any offers right now. Now unless some of our commits don't know pretty soon on who will be coaching them, then yeah that could be a good possibility.

TrapGame
12-14-2022, 04:13 PM
If we hire a new HC and a new staff then we will have a bunch of players transferring and we will lose some commits and some in the transfer portal that were considering us. During this tragic time they need somebody that they can trust and want to play for which is Arnett. A complete rebuild under these circumstances would not be fair to our current players and especially the ones who said they would be back next year who some had said they wouldn't be back. Hopefully the players will know something tomorrow on the future of our football program.

Yep, plain as day ain't it. Too bad we got people that want to blow the program up just to get away from the air raid.

662dawg
12-14-2022, 04:15 PM

Who entered today?

Vandownbytheriver
12-14-2022, 04:18 PM
Who entered today?

Dylan Lawrence

https://i.postimg.cc/q6BhdmSR/C200-AC71-08-A8-4790-9687-3-B3-D2-A055-C9-B.jpg (https://postimg.cc/q6BhdmSR)

yjnkdawg
12-14-2022, 04:24 PM

Who left? It doesn't show anybody left on the 247 Transfer Portal today. Looks like Khamauri Rogers, 4* from Miami transferred to us today. Good get.

Rawdawg
12-14-2022, 04:28 PM
It?s auburn and you can choose trust me or not but trust me.

yjnkdawg
12-14-2022, 04:31 PM
Dylan Lawrence

https://i.postimg.cc/q6BhdmSR/C200-AC71-08-A8-4790-9687-3-B3-D2-A055-C9-B.jpg (https://postimg.cc/q6BhdmSR)

He probably wants more playing time. He was mostly special teams.

Commercecomet24
12-14-2022, 04:31 PM

I believe you. freeze is a terrible human being. Fits his mo.

Vandownbytheriver
12-14-2022, 04:32 PM
He probably wants more playing time. He was mostly special teams.

Still, this looks extremely tacky and most coaches are not going to like the timing.

msudawg1200
12-14-2022, 04:34 PM
I believe you. freeze is a terrible human being. Fits his mo.

That dude is a true POS. Hypocrisy and blasphemy at its finest in that guy.

Todd4State
12-14-2022, 04:35 PM
Dylan Lawrence

He went through senior day so he wasn't coming back anyway.

Vandownbytheriver
12-14-2022, 04:40 PM
He went through senior day so he wasn't coming back anyway.

Then just go about your business and find a school. No need for the look at me post.

yjnkdawg
12-14-2022, 04:41 PM

I don't doubt it either. Freeze has a fan split over his hire at Auburn and some commitments de-commited when he was hired.

Commercecomet24
12-14-2022, 04:42 PM
That dude is a true POS. Hypocrisy and blasphemy at its finest in that guy.

100%!

Saltydog
12-14-2022, 04:52 PM
Sorry bastards don't even give it time to lay the man to rest and they're poaching players. If this is Freeze then he's a bigger piece of shit than I suspected.

Pancho
12-14-2022, 04:53 PM
Arnett is totally in charge now. we good

Johnson85
12-14-2022, 05:07 PM
Still, this looks extremely tacky and most coaches are not going to like the timing.

Not a great look, but he's probably going G5 and there will be plenty of coaches happy to have him.

Not sure he really needs a twitter announcement for coaches to find him, but I get wanting to be in the portal and start taking visits so he can find a landing place in time for spring semester.

Rawdawg
12-14-2022, 05:16 PM
Sorry bastards don't even give it time to lay the man to rest and they're poaching players. If this is Freeze then he's a bigger piece of shit than I suspected.

There is in ?if?. They?ve been contacting our recruits since the news broke to get them to come visit auburn.

maroonmania
12-14-2022, 05:17 PM
This should have been expected. There is no ethical level most college coaches won't sink to if they think it will help them win games and is not illegal.. There are a lot of Hugh Freeze types out there.

Jack Lambert
12-14-2022, 05:19 PM
Are we just guessing here? Or does someone know it's freeze?

Who ever doing it is scum so if not Freeze it's someone of his caliber.

Mathiston
12-14-2022, 07:19 PM
I bet you $1k that Rosie won?t ever mention who it was but he will talk on his podcast about how he has proof but getting into the details on the coach that was doing it isn?t important. He will say something to the effect of, ?those who need to know about it, know about it?

Book it. PM me your Venmo.

DownwardDawg
12-14-2022, 07:26 PM

Oh, no doubt. I would just love to know for a fact if it was Freeze or not. Would be awesome if it became public.

Anonymous
12-14-2022, 07:36 PM

Y?all take a breath and use some reasoning. It isn?t Freeze, he has far too much to lose and too little to gain. It isn?t someone in conference where they are risking their name being mud, effectively lighting a match to their ties and potential in the SEC, to get a marginal upgrade or fill a spot.

If it?s happening, and make no mistake that there is an if, it?s likely someone who has come after our guys in transition before and/or has recruited the area/players. Or its someone with nothing to lose, who really needs our guys to fill holes.

First guess is Mike Norvell, second is Deion, third is Aranda.

PendingTransaction
12-14-2022, 09:01 PM

Was it a good look for us to take Rogers' commit today or for him to post it? Stop with this moist bs.

Jarius
12-14-2022, 09:57 PM
Rosebowl needs to shut the hell up. We just signed 2 guys in the portal that every mod on 247 knew was coming to Mississippi State well before they entered the portal. His God like complex is so damn nauseating. People tamper with players. It’s the age we live in. Hugh Freeze is a POS and he probably tampered with ours during a tragedy. Now is not the time to make enemies in an era where literally everyone including us is breaking the tampering rule. Just shut the hell up and cut your damn hair and report the recruiting news. You aren’t as important as you think you are nor do you hold the power you think you hold.

-End Rant

viverlibre
12-14-2022, 10:06 PM
I'm surprised that anyone is surprised by this. Big-time college football is a dirty, dirty bid'niss. It's likely not going to be the coaches, it's going to be boosters, coaches will have plausible deniability.

Biguglyjoe
12-14-2022, 10:07 PM
Y?all take a breath and use some reasoning. It isn?t Freeze, he has far too much to lose and too little to gain. It isn?t someone in conference where they are risking their name being mud, effectively lighting a match to their ties and potential in the SEC, to get a marginal upgrade or fill a spot.

If it?s happening, and make no mistake that there is an if, it?s likely someone who has come after our guys in transition before and/or has recruited the area/players. Or its someone with nothing to lose, who really needs our guys to fill holes.

First guess is Mike Norvell, second is Deion, third is Aranda.

Having a lot to lose never stopped Freeze before.

CaptainObvious
12-14-2022, 10:14 PM
Rosebowl needs to shut the hell up. We just signed 2 guys in the portal that every mod on 247 knew was coming to Mississippi State well before they entered the portal. His God like complex is so damn nauseating. People tamper with players. It’s the age we live in. Hugh Freeze is a POS and he probably tampered with ours during a tragedy. Now is not the time to make enemies in an era where literally everyone including us is breaking the tampering rule. Just shut the hell up and cut your damn hair and report the recruiting news. You aren’t as important as you think you are nor do you hold the power you think you hold.

-End Rant

Nominate for Post of the Month!

I don?t see much difference in Rosebowl and Yancy. I do applaud Rosebowl for committing to remaining Sober.

Pancho
12-14-2022, 10:27 PM
Only difference I am aware of is the fact that Steve is clean and sober and lives a new and different life. Yancy will still do a line off a strippers belly with you any day of the week.

msu15
12-14-2022, 10:40 PM
Steve needs to keep his big mouth shut.

Cheap Seats
12-14-2022, 10:41 PM
Steve is exhausting. He has made everything with Leach subtly and not so subtly about himself.

Todd4State
12-15-2022, 01:07 AM
Only difference I am aware of is the fact that Steve is clean and sober and lives a new and different life. Yancy will still do a line off a strippers belly with you any day of the week.

Does Yancy have a job? I just remember him getting fired for lying about a recruit and the recruit calling him out about it publicly.

Cowbell
12-15-2022, 01:31 AM
Steve is exhausting. He has made everything with Leach subtly and not so subtly about himself.

You will never convince me the stuff he was talking about from Sunday to yesterday was straight from Leachs family - he needed to keep his mouth shut. And then there is the "me and leach were kindred spirits"

Pancho
12-15-2022, 06:26 AM
Does Yancy have a job? I just remember him getting fired for lying about a recruit and the recruit calling him out about it publicly.

Yes, He is now affiliated with some other type sports publication. My shark friends have mentioned him in the same breath as "dumpy", Ben Garrett.

tribaldawg
12-15-2022, 01:29 PM

Because Kiffin really liked Leach doesn?t mean he has anything for State now that he is gone.

tribaldawg
12-15-2022, 01:35 PM
Was it a good look for us to take Rogers' commit today or for him to post it? Stop with this moist bs.

You missed it. Next time educate yourself before you slobber all over your keyboard trying to be a badass. It isn?t about accepting guys in the portal?it is about encouraging guys to get in the portal the day after their coach died.

Tripp McNeely
12-15-2022, 02:06 PM
Because Kiffin really liked Leach doesn?t mean he has anything for State now that he is gone.

I like it better when our coaches hate each other anyway! Their relationship always kinda weirded me out! 😂

TorpedoIPA
12-15-2022, 02:59 PM
I like it better when our coaches hate each other anyway! Their relationship always kinda weirded me out! ��

Just curious. How many would support a coach that went 11-1 every year with that one loss being the egg bowl ?

trojandawg
12-15-2022, 03:01 PM
That depends are 11-1 also or 12-0 or 7-5

BulldogDX55
12-15-2022, 03:54 PM
11-1 gets us into the title game more years than not if the one loss is the Egg. I'd take SEC/National titles over Egg Bowl titles every single time.

PendingTransaction
12-15-2022, 11:06 PM
You missed it. Next time educate yourself before you slobber all over your keyboard trying to be a badass. It isn?t about accepting guys in the portal?it is about encouraging guys to get in the portal the day after their coach died.

Are you his big brother? He specifically referenced a kid entering the portal so soon after CML's death. I responded with it's no different than our getting a portal player in the same time frame. I know you don't know, but I am that badass. And I got something you can slob on punk!

Vandownbytheriver
12-15-2022, 11:48 PM

Are y'all gonna bash me in the super secret group text? I'm allowed to have an opinion. As are you. I'm just less of an ass about mine than you are.

Todd4State
12-16-2022, 12:32 AM
Just curious. How many would support a coach that went 11-1 every year with that one loss being the egg bowl ?

That would be pretty crazy for Ole Miss to be that good or pull an upset every year. So not even realistic at all.

The reality is the series is always going to be close to 50/50 when everything comes out of the wash other than their Johnny Vaught outlier which was actually pretty unusual in and of itself because of the amount of ties in the series in the 50's and 60's. There were literally four ties between 1946 and 1970. Not including our two wins in regulation. Still not good for us- but odds are high we would have won a couple of those ties in overtime with today's rules in place. Even that run between 1946 and 1970 was more about a perfect storm of them focusing on football and having their best coach ever and us having a situation where there was a ton of infighting amongst our prominent alums and poor leadership regarding football at an administrative level. Even then Ole Miss only won three out of every four approximately outright in regulation.

I highly suspect that if we are a legit 11-1 program at any point which probably means a 9-3 floor and a 12-0 ceiling we would probably win 3 out of four Egg Bowl realistically based on history unless Ole Miss is also that good at the same time and in that case it probably goes back to 50/50.