PDA

View Full Version : AD hunt closing

TheLostDawg
12-14-2022, 02:32 PM
https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-AD-search-Scott-Wetherbee-200433496/

Are they putting feelers out?

Seems they were getting close to wrapping it up.

StarkVegasSteve
12-14-2022, 02:37 PM
University jet flew to Atlanta this morning apparently. Weatherbee is not a candidate though. Most close to the situation seem to believe the final 3 are Jared Benko, Laird Veatch from Memphis, and John David Wicker from SDSU. I will take Benko or Veatch ten times over Wicker. His relationship with John Rush and the people that are politicking for him to get the job is far too concerning

Bark
12-14-2022, 03:48 PM
University jet flew to Atlanta this morning apparently. Weatherbee is not a candidate though. Most close to the situation seem to believe the final 3 are Jared Benko, Laird Veatch from Memphis, and John David Wicker from SDSU. I will take Benko or Veatch ten times over Wicker. His relationship with John Rush and the people that are politicking for him to get the job is far too concerning

Veatch has the resume. I think it would be a good hire.

Ari Gold
12-14-2022, 03:51 PM
Benko has the personality of a stump..
would be a bad hire IMO . Better than Cohen , but still not a good one

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2022, 03:59 PM

Ugh. JDW and John Rush. I feel like its an SA election circa 1991.

Vandownbytheriver
12-14-2022, 04:06 PM
We really need another Greg Byrne type. Someone who isn't like the last two we had. He needs to be able to actually connect to the fan base and not be a compete dick like Cohen and just a horrible person like Stricklin.

StarkVegasSteve
12-14-2022, 04:20 PM
Ugh. JDW and John Rush. I feel like its an SA election circa 1991.

Wicker would have worried me pre NIL. So that tells you my thoughts on him during NIL

Todd4State
12-14-2022, 04:22 PM
Benko has the personality of a stump..
would be a bad hire IMO . Better than Cohen , but still not a good one

How do you feel about Veatch?

Todd4State
12-14-2022, 04:23 PM
We really need another Greg Byrne type. Someone who isn't like the last two we had. He needs to be able to actually connect to the fan base and not be a compete dick like Cohen and just a horrible person like Stricklin.

The biggest thing is we need someone that is not in the Larry Templeton tree.

civildawg
12-14-2022, 04:29 PM
If we hire Benko, I will be very underwhelmed