PDA

View Full Version : Johnnie Cooks

DEDawg
12-13-2022, 09:46 AM
I did not want to start a thread while we were awaiting news on Leach but now that it has unfortunately been confirmed I wanted to ask about another great dawg. Last I hear he was in Memphis in critical condition. Has anyone heard if he is doing better?

Joebob
12-13-2022, 10:21 AM
I did not want to start a thread while we were awaiting news on Leach but now that it has unfortunately been confirmed I wanted to ask about another great dawg. Last I hear he was in Memphis in critical condition. Has anyone heard if he is doing better?

I was wondering about this the other day. Haven't heard a word though.

Ranchdawg
12-13-2022, 12:23 PM
Sorry to hear the news! I was at MSU with Johnnie. He had biggest hands of anybody I ever shook hands with. He was man among boys back in the day.

99jc
12-13-2022, 07:18 PM
He is still in critical condition. His heart was only functional at 10-20%. He needs a transplant and recently does not want to eat. This whole week makes me sick to my stomach. will update as things progress.

DEDawg
12-13-2022, 09:50 PM
He is still in critical condition. His heart was only functional at 10-20%. He needs a transplant and recently does not want to eat. This whole week makes me sick to my stomach. will update as things progress.

Hate to hear it. Johnnie is a family friend, going to send flowers to his wife and daughter but don't want to bother them constantly asking for updates.

Bass Chaser
12-13-2022, 10:49 PM
Sorry to hear this as I recently went through this with my Mom. It doesn’t matter if you expect it or it’s sudden. The loss feels the same.

ScoobaDawg
12-13-2022, 10:58 PM
Hate to hear this...

Percho
12-14-2022, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the update.

Turfdawg67
12-14-2022, 01:30 AM
Praying for Johnnie!

R2Dawg
12-14-2022, 12:33 PM
Sorry to hear this as I recently went through this with my Mom. It doesn’t matter if you expect it or it’s sudden. The loss feels the same.

This is so true. Some want to make a sudden loss worse but it ain't. Lost my dad to a very, very bad battle with cancer. In some ways would have much rather been a quick event. I also lost one of my best friends to ALS (LouGerig) and it was terrible over years of decline. So hard to watch.

Praying for Johnnie. He was one of the best ever at LB and a giant among MSU alum.