PDA

View Full Version : To Mike Leach,

Dawgology
12-13-2022, 09:16 AM
Fair winds and following seas, you old pirate.

Until we meet again I will think of you any time I watch the sun drop below the Caribbean waters. Sail on.

Maverick91
12-13-2022, 10:09 AM
Numb! Just numb! Great guy, great football mind and coach! Will be sorely missed and that is still an understatement!

Edit: I haven?t processed this yet.

Commercecomet24
12-13-2022, 11:16 AM
Fair winds and following seas, you old pirate.

Until we meet again I will think of you any time I watch the sun drop below the Caribbean waters. Sail on.

Well said! Amen and amen! Praying for his family, players and staff! RIP Coach, you'll never be forgotten!

ScoobaDawg
12-13-2022, 11:23 AM
Numb! Just numb! Great guy, great football mind and coach! Will be sorely missed and that is still an understatement!

Edit: I haven?t processed this yet.

None of us have... it's unreal...even thought it's been pretty much known since yesterday.

Maroonthirteen
12-13-2022, 11:37 AM
Yeah, read and watching all the tweets and videos ..... tugging on the ole heart. It's very sad. He will be greatly missed.

Commercecomet24
12-13-2022, 11:58 AM
Feels like I've lost a close family never! Just so surreal right now!

Maverick91
12-13-2022, 12:37 PM

Right! It’s crazy you watch someone for so many years and become a big fan of theirs and their success and then you get the honor of watching their success be attached to your own. And right when you think the catalyst is coming that success is taken away. Its one of those events where you feel like someone’s future was taken from them. Even though he had lived such a long and great life.

Its an honor to know we had the privilege of having him last!

Maverick91
12-13-2022, 12:38 PM
None of us have... it's unreal...even thought it's been pretty much known since yesterday.

Facts!

Commercecomet24
12-13-2022, 12:50 PM
Right! It’s crazy you watch someone for so many years and become a big fan of theirs and their success and then you get the honor of watching their success be attached to your own. And right when you think the catalyst is coming that success is taken away. Its one of those events where you feel like someone’s future was taken from them. Even though he had lived such a long and great life.

Its an honor to know we had the privilege of having him last!

I've watched every game he's coached and never thought he'd ever be at State and then we get him. Sad but sometimes folks don't realize what they had until it's gone. We were blessed to have him even for a short time and he went out a winner! RIP Pirate!

Goldendawg
12-13-2022, 04:21 PM

Never personally met him, but feel the same way, just numb. May God Richly Bless the Leach Family, loved ones, friends, the team, staff, and MSU.

TorpedoIPA
12-16-2022, 03:39 PM
" Well, outside of Lubbock, expectations aren't very high. But it's okay, we play in Lubbock a lot this season" ~ Mike Leach, when asked about expectations for one of his early Texas Tech teams

SpaceBully
12-16-2022, 09:54 PM
Hate it that he never got to retire in Pirate Land in Key West. Maybe his family will keep the house for future get-togethers in remembrance of their husband and father. Real estate in Key West is insane. 4-5 years ago I saw a 12x70 trailer with about 10 feet of land around it put up for sale for 300K.

starkvegasdawg
12-16-2022, 10:26 PM

Almost a week later and I still haven't processed it. I know it really happened. I know Arnett is the new coach. But in the back of my mind I still expect to see him on the sideline of our bowl game.

Commercecomet24
12-16-2022, 11:00 PM
Almost a week later and I still haven't processed it. I know it really happened. I know Arnett is the new coach. But in the back of my mind I still expect to see him on the sideline of our bowl game.

Same here it's all just so surreal! I keep expecting Leach to pop up and just say he was screwing with all of us!

Maverick91
12-16-2022, 11:40 PM
If you guys haven’t seen this quote from his first post game press conference. I feel like it summarizes Leach more than any other quote I’ve ever seen from it. Enjoy!

It's kind of like doing surgery with a chainsaw instead of a scalpel. We had pieces and parts flying everywhere. It turned out in our favor. We've just got to clean it up the next time around. ~ Mike Leach, after his first win as a head coach

TaleofTwoDogs
12-17-2022, 01:00 AM
A couple of years ago, a close friend was about 6 months away from retiring when she had a massive heart attack and passed away. She was a single mom and had raised 2 kids on her own and had worked her tail off for 40+ years and was excited about retiring and relaxing. God had other plans and she never got to enjoy the retired life. I feel for Coach Leach that he worked so hard and wasn't able to enjoy the fruits of his labor. RIP coach, maybe there is a Key West in Heaven.

Maverick91
12-17-2022, 11:07 AM
A couple of years ago, a close friend was about 6 months away from retiring when she had a massive heart attack and passed away. She was a single mom and had raised 2 kids on her own and had worked her tail off for 40+ years and was excited about retiring and relaxing. God had other plans and she never got to enjoy the retired life. I feel for Coach Leach that he worked so hard and wasn't able to enjoy the fruits of his labor. RIP coach, maybe there is a Key West in Heaven.

Thanks for the story, it does hurt when you see people that seem very worthy of reaping the rewords of their work on this earth and they don’t get too. But Heaven makes key west look like a dumpster full of day old milk.

State82
12-17-2022, 07:54 PM

This describes the feeling well.

Activated Alpha
12-17-2022, 08:30 PM
SEC network will air his public ceremony Tuesday and it'll be on ESPN app as well