PDA

View Full Version : I see 3 options

KOdawg1
12-13-2022, 08:45 AM
1. Make Arnett the interim for a year as a year long interview. Kick the can down the road and re-assess next year.

2. Promote Arnett to HC, hire a good OC, promote Matt Brock to DC

3. Hire a new offensive minded coach, make Arnett a top 5 highest paid DC in all of CFB

Regardless of which option we choose, a new AD needs to be hired ASAP. Keeping most of our staff needs to be done if possible. This is a tough situation. I don't think blowing everything up and starting over a good idea.

Thoughts?

mo7888
12-13-2022, 08:48 AM
1. Make Arnett the interim for a year as a year long interview. Kick the can down the road and re-assess next year.

3. Hire a new offensive minded coach, make Arnett a top 5 highest paid DC in all of CFB

Regardless of which option we choose, a new AD needs to be hired ASAP. Keeping most of our staff needs to be done if possible. This is a tough situation. I don't think blowing everything up and starting over a good idea.

Thoughts?

Whichever one keeps is in an air raid system and keeps Arnett as DC.

SailingDawg
12-13-2022, 08:49 AM

Thoughts?

I agree with making Arnett interim. It would be tough to come in as a new head coach in January having our university just gone through this.

Fader21
12-13-2022, 08:49 AM
I don't think option C would work. You are undermining your HC at that point if he doesn't agree with the defensive philosophy of the 3-3 defense. I don't like option 1 either. Like I said in a previous threat. You hire an AD and let him evaluate what is best.

Homedawg
12-13-2022, 08:53 AM
Either2 or have a search and the hc picks the dc. He will pick Arnett or he won't. You can tell him to take a look at keeping so and so. Arnett Tony etc. but can't force anyone's hand.

Desoto1967
12-13-2022, 08:57 AM
Hate to be this AD. Your first decision could turn off most of the fan base

CoachT14
12-13-2022, 09:02 AM
Option 1 is the biggest risk simply because you're more than likely going to implode the culture and program Mike built here. It sucks, but the reality is if Arnett is made interim for a year, teams will be negative recruiting constantly because of the uncertainty of his future and the programs future. It could set us back to the Croom and late Sherrill years very quickly. I understand the sentiment of it, but in modern college football, you can't afford to do this. And I highly doubt Mike Leach would be happy with us destroying what he built because we felt sorry for what happened. I imagine he'd call us soft*** lol.

Option 2 is better than 1. But I'm not a huge fan of hiring DC's as the head guy especially with no prior successful experience as the head guy. Though I think this is a better option than say hiring Dan back or hiring a fringe G5 like Will Hall or a retread like Todd Monken.

Option 3 is the best option. But to do this, I think you need to make sure you stay with the Air Raid Tree. I don't imagine Arnett would stay for just anyone. I do believe he seems to like how the Air Raid and 3-3-5 seemingly complement each other though.

First things first though, the AD hire needs to happen ASAP like by the end of the week.

Coursesuper
12-13-2022, 09:08 AM
Option 1 is the biggest risk simply because you're more than likely going to implode the culture and program Mike built here. It sucks, but the reality is if Arnett is made interim for a year, teams will be negative recruiting constantly because of the uncertainty of his future and the programs future. It could set us back to the Croom and late Sherrill years very quickly. I understand the sentiment of it, but in modern college football, you can't afford to do this. And I highly doubt Mike Leach would be happy with us destroying what he built because we felt sorry for what happened. I imagine he'd call us soft*** lol.

Option 2 is better than 1. But I'm not a huge fan of hiring DC's as the head guy especially with no prior successful experience as the head guy. Though I think this is a better option than say hiring Dan back or hiring a fringe G5 like Will Hall or a retread like Todd Monken.

Option 3 is the best option. But to do this, I think you need to make sure you stay with the Air Raid Tree. I don't imagine Arnett would stay for just anyone. I do believe he seems to like how the Air Raid and 3-3-5 seemingly complement each other though.

First things first though, the AD hire needs to happen ASAP like by the end of the week.

Option 3 is the only answer, we aren't built for any other scheme right now.

basedog
12-13-2022, 09:10 AM
I'm for rolling the dice and making Arnett HC IF he wants it. From things I read he loves Starkville and that is a "big plus". He shall see.

WinningIsRelentless
12-13-2022, 09:15 AM
We don?t need an AD that fast. Mark K is a lot more involved in the athletic department than most presidents.

TrapGame
12-13-2022, 09:31 AM
I think Arnett should be offered he job. If he takes it we roll with Brock as DC and Spurrier Jr. or Miller as OC.

Next season could be a "Win It All For Coach Leach" type of season. It could possibly be very special.

Johnson85
12-13-2022, 09:32 AM

Thoughts?

One is not an option. Can't try to recruit for a year without a head coach.

Only options are:

1) Hire Arnett
2) Hire a search firm, with Arnett being an obvious candidate.

If we go number 2, I think you can hint to head coaches that you want them to keep Arnett as DC, but that's a somewhat risky as it could turn off candidates or impact the relationship between the HC and DC later on if they aren't gelling. Despite the risk, I think I'd feel out Arnett's willingness to stay as DC if he's not hired. Tell him that he's going to be a candidate, and to start getting a proposal together as far as who he wants on his staff. Also tell him that if he wants, he can just be a candidate for head coach. He's got a good enough resume to be competitive. But tell him if he is willing to consider staying on as DC for another coach, you want to encourage other candidates to reach out to him.

I think the risk is worth it because we really don't want to be changing schemes on defense if we can help it. And if it's looking like it's screwed up the search, the worst thing to happen is that we could be put in a position where we just go with Arnette. While his resume is short, I think realistically he's just a year or two earlier than what we would normally be looking at, which is a successful P5 coordinator with 4 or 5 years of track record. Bonus that he's had the success at MSU and not a blue blood with big time recruits. My biggest concern with Arnette is how he will navigate the OC choice. Has to be an air raid guy, but don't know what connections he has. I wouldn't want him to use Spurrier simply because I would want an experienced coordinator to go along with a new HC. Spurrier may be a great candidate for all I know, but I really would not want a first time HC learning the ropes along wiht a first time play caller if we can avoid it.

Dawgface
12-13-2022, 09:35 AM
I think Arnett should be offered he job. If he takes it we roll with Brock as DC and Spurrier Jr. or Miller as OC.

Next season could be a "Win It All For Coach Leach" type of season. It could possibly be very special.

My thinking as well.

MetEdDawg
12-13-2022, 09:37 AM
Hire Huff as the HC, promote Spurrier Jr, modify the offense a little, pay Arnett whatever he wants.

CoachT14
12-13-2022, 09:43 AM
Hire Huff as the HC, promote Spurrier Jr, modify the offense a little, pay Arnett whatever he wants.

I like Huff but that's a huge risk. There are better options. There are better options than a guy who's never been an OC being the new OC too.

DEDawg
12-13-2022, 09:47 AM
Option 3 would be the best but very unlikely. You?d just have to chance the new HC likes his scheme. You can?t hire a new HC but also tell them they have no say in their DC

TrapGame
12-13-2022, 09:47 AM
I like Huff but that's a huge risk. There are better options. There are better options than a guy who's never been an OC being the new OC too.

OC wise instead of promoting from within we go get Graham Harrell. His air raid is updated but still based in Leach's original scheme.

Thick
12-13-2022, 09:51 AM
OC wise instead of promoting from within we go get Graham Harrell. His air raid is updated but still based in Leach's original scheme.

That?s a pretty good idea!

CoachT14
12-13-2022, 10:02 AM

I would still rather have Arnett as head guy with Air Raid OC.

msstate7
12-13-2022, 10:15 AM

Maybe. After seeing my saints turn it over to the great DC and maintaining the staff, I'm not so sure

basedog
12-13-2022, 10:15 AM

His resume is impressive and seems like a good fit with Arnett.

msstate7
12-13-2022, 10:17 AM
I love arnett, but I'd go offense unless Zach just blows the interview out the water.

TrapGame
12-13-2022, 10:23 AM
I love arnett, but I'd go offense unless Zach just blows the interview out the water.

I'm sure Zach could Kiirby Smart on the sidelines. Brock's a good dude and Zach's heir apparent as a DC. Bring in Graham Harrell as OC and we might not miss a beat.

Otherwise we could be looking an AD that brings in a totally different coach that gets rid of everybody, we lose all our recruits, 20+ guys hit the portal and we are basically back to square one and a massive rebuild.

basedog
12-13-2022, 10:23 AM

I'm thinking he will be offered the job after the bowl game. I saw your post about Saints and DC as HC, I don't think you can compare an Nfl job to a college job. Regardless, many players and coaches will be on "standby" for a while now.

Homedawg
12-13-2022, 10:27 AM
If Zach gets it on merits, fine but there is no way he's named interim for the entire 23 year.

msstate7
12-13-2022, 10:33 AM
I'm thinking he will be offered the job after the bowl game. I saw your post about Saints and DC as HC, I don't think you can compare an Nfl job to a college job. Regardless, many players and coaches will be on "standby" for a while now.

I'm sure nfl and college are different, but the premise is the same - losing a highly decorated coach, and trying to maintain the staff by promoting from within. No one last year was wanting to interview allen for a HC, and no one this year has wanted to interview arnett for a HC.

I was all for promoting Allen last year, but I've learned a lesson - the head guy is almost always the head guy bc he's the most important

Johnson85
12-13-2022, 10:33 AM

I think the comparison is promoting from within when the OC was clearly the head coach. I don't have any reason to doubt Spurrier or Mason as OC, I just don't think you have anything to indicate they're ready for OC duties on their own, particularly with a new head coach. If you go Arnette, I think you have to push him for a new OC.

mo7888
12-13-2022, 10:36 AM
I'm sure nfl and college are different, but the premise is the same - losing a highly decorated coach, and trying to maintain the staff by promoting from within. No one last year was wanting to interview allen for a HC, and no one this year has wanted to interview arnett for a HC.

I was all for promoting Allen last year, but I've learned a lesson - the head guy is almost always the head guy bc he's the most important

It's not nearly the same...the saints were a declining team who couldn't replace Brees. We aren't in a similar boat...or pirate ship...

MrBigStuff
12-13-2022, 10:37 AM

Do you get Aranda/Baylor or Venables/OU? It's a crapshoot regardless, but if I was AD (and certainly glad I'm not!) a defensive guy would have to knock it out of the park to get the nod to run the whole show.

Johnson85
12-13-2022, 10:37 AM

It doesn't look like the mistake was promoting Allen, but in Allen not getting a proven OC? They haven't been lights out on D, but it seems like they've been fine there and have struggled not having Peyton as OC. And despite titles, Peyton was the OC, just like Leach was.

Homedawg
12-13-2022, 10:38 AM
Maybe. After seeing my saints turn it over to the great DC and maintaining the staff, I'm not so sure

Point is taken. But the reason the saints suck isn't bc of the head coach. They have no qb and a terrible offense.

msstate7
12-13-2022, 10:40 AM
It doesn't look like the mistake was promoting Allen, but in Allen not getting a proven OC? They haven't been lights out on D, but it seems like they've been fine there and have struggled not having Peyton as OC. And despite titles, Peyton was the OC, just like Leach was.

Maybe you're right.

I'd still be concerned that no one has attempted to hire arnett as a HC, and we're making him one of an sec school just to try and maintain a staff.

ScooterDog
12-13-2022, 10:43 AM
If possible, I would like to see us hire an AD that Arnett knows and recommends. Every thing else would fall into place. Correct?

msstate7
12-13-2022, 10:44 AM
Point is taken. But the reason the saints suck isn't bc of the head coach. They have no qb and a terrible offense.

The defense has regressed also.

They are 2nd in penalty yards. They're 29th in TOs. I think these 2 stats are usually a good indication of coaching details. Sean was always good in these categories

TrapGame
12-13-2022, 10:44 AM
Maybe you're right.

I'd still be concerned that no one has attempted to hire arnett as a HC, and we're making him one of an sec school just to try and maintain a staff.

And recruits and current players.

If this coaching hire goes south we lose the entire staff, most of the recruits (if not all), and 20+ players in the portal.

Now say hello to being worse than Vanderbilt.

Duckdog
12-13-2022, 10:48 AM

If this coaching hire goes south we lose the entire staff, most of the recruits (if not all), and 20+ players in the portal.

This is my biggest worry

basedog
12-13-2022, 10:51 AM
Maybe you're right.

He is in his 30's, players know who he is as do our President and athletic staff. It just seems to be the right decision, but yes get an experienced OC, hire more "off the field ex HC" for the staff.
I just think it's a good gamble, but like many have read, I wonder if he wants the job.

HancockCountyDog
12-13-2022, 10:52 AM
Can't believe we are having to discuss this, but here we are.

You either make Arnett the head coach, or you don't. You can't make him an interim coach for all of next year - that is simply not going to happen.

It is the easiest path, you make him HC, you let him pick his DC and you work with him on OC, preferrably Spurrier Jr has been our passing game coordinator, so I'm assuming he could make the jump, or you go out and find an OC that has air raid concepts.

I don't see anyway you find an OC that mirrors CDL offense. It was a one of one. We need someone that is close though, because Will is not an RPO QB. If we go a different route on offense, we have to find a QB in the portal.

RiverCityDawg
12-13-2022, 10:54 AM

Yeah I'm worried about that.

Coaching hires are 50/50 at best anyway. If you blow it up AND miss on the hire we could death spiral. At least if you go with Arnett you would almost certainly avoid losing current players and recruits. If it fails, it will fail over time instead of cratering things right off the bat.

I don't know, it's going to be a tough road and there's no clear right decision. I do think making Arnett the interim for a year is a bad idea. This program needs to establish stability as best as possible, not a year of uncertainty.

CoachT14
12-13-2022, 11:11 AM

We have more a chance to be the next Vandy if we are too cautious and keep the interim tag on Arnett for way too long.

CoachT14
12-13-2022, 11:12 AM
Can't believe we are having to discuss this, but here we are.

You either make Arnett the head coach, or you don't. You can't make him an interim coach for all of next year - that is simply not going to happen.

It is the easiest path, you make him HC, you let him pick his DC and you work with him on OC, preferrably Spurrier Jr has been our passing game coordinator, so I'm assuming he could make the jump, or you go out and find an OC that has air raid concepts.

I don't see anyway you find an OC that mirrors CDL offense. It was a one of one. We need someone that is close though, because Will is not an RPO QB. If we go a different route on offense, we have to find a QB in the portal.

Spurrier Jr. is not the way to go with OC. There's a reason he's never held the title.

HancockCountyDog
12-13-2022, 11:15 AM
Spurrier Jr. is not the way to go with OC. There's a reason he's never held the title.

Yeah, wouldn't be my first choice, but the concern i have is that if we go with an outside the program OC, they aren't going to run someone else's offense.

No one else runs the offense we have currently. They run concepts from it, but not a true air raid.

IT is going to be a difficult needle to thread.

CoachT14
12-13-2022, 11:31 AM
Yeah, wouldn't be my first choice, but the concern i have is that if we go with an outside the program OC, they aren't going to run someone else's offense.

No one else runs the offense we have currently. They run concepts from it, but not a true air raid.

IT is going to be a difficult needle to thread.

We need to move to a modern Air Raid. As it seems Leach was trying to do. If we keep Arnett, go hire Kittley, Harrell, or Littrell and be done with it.

BeardoMSU
12-13-2022, 11:40 AM
Posted this in the other thread...

Arnett will be the interim through the Bowl, then we'll do a search. Obviously it sucks having to make a coaching change in these circumstances, but you HAVE to do your due diligence. That's why we have an President and administration; to be adults and make tough decisions. Ideally we'd hire an AD in the next week or so, that way we can have that person's vision aid Keenum in the process, but I guess we'll see.

We may end up hiring Arnett, but you have to at least look around. I'd think the absolute worst thing we could do to honor Mike's legacy and memory is to make an emotionally hasty hire that ruins the foundation he left us.

My 2 cents.

StoneDawg
12-13-2022, 11:41 AM

Thoughts?

4. Bring Dan back!!!!!!

BeardoMSU
12-13-2022, 11:44 AM
You absolutely CANNOT have an interim tag for a year in this league if you want to recruit...especially now with the portal. Hiring a coach in January isn't the end of the world.

tcdog70
12-13-2022, 11:46 AM
I'm for rolling the dice and making Arnett HC IF he wants it. From things I read he loves Starkville and that is a "big plus". He shall see.

right--my choice also

TrapGame
12-13-2022, 11:47 AM
4. Bring Dan back!!!!!!

Hell to the NO.

msstate7
12-13-2022, 11:49 AM
Hell to the NO.

I don't think that's even a possibility, but I do find it funny we ready to turn it over to a DC with no HC experience while at the same time saying hell no to a guy that's had success here

TrapGame
12-13-2022, 11:52 AM
I don't think that's even a possibility, but I do find it funny we ready to turn it over to a DC with no HC experience while at the same time saying hell no to a guy that's had success here

The guy that goes through DCs like Freeze goes through hookers? No thanks. He had his shot here. **** Dan.

msstate7
12-13-2022, 12:19 PM
tRant mentioned holgerson. If we planning on going forward the air raid, I could be sold on Dana

GATORDawg1234
12-13-2022, 12:19 PM
Also, there are very few ?Air Raid Guys? that will replicate Leach. Mullen is famous for studying Leach?s system and perfecting it with an emphasis on hard-nosed running. I am unconvinced that we should try to emulate what is irreplaceable. Keeping the Air Raid cannot be a factor in hiring the next coach.

Johnson85
12-13-2022, 12:44 PM
tRant mentioned holgerson. If we planning on going forward the air raid, I could be sold on Dana

HOlgerson also has enough of a pedigree that it wouldn't be insulting to Arnette to hire him. If we go hire another coordinator, that will probably be a tough pill for arnette to swallow. If we hire a G5 coach, I'm not sure how he'll view that, but may convince him he needs to take a G5 HC job to move up.

ETA: Upon further review, not as impressed with Holgerson's records. Thought he had been a little better.

BhamDawg
12-13-2022, 12:45 PM

Exactly. Some of the scenarios I?ve seen on the board the last two days are absolutely ridiculous.

Sure Dan left in a shitty way and could have handled it better, but I don?t blame him for taking a shot at the big time. I know it went south his last season at Florida, but he is still 103-61 as a HC. Including success here, even with a revolving door at DC.

I know this though, Dan is as good as anyone I have seen at adjusting his offense to the personnel, and would probably get more out of Will Rogers next season (assuming he is the starter) than anyone I can think of.

Reason2succeed
12-13-2022, 12:54 PM
We shouldn?t hire Mullen because Mullen requires a mobile QB which Will isn?t and he runs off WRs which will be exacerbated by the transfer portal. Bringing back Dan will mean a total rebuild of the offense. No thanks.

PS And Dan didn?t win big games either. Leach won more ranked games in 3 years than Dan won in 9.

BhamDawg
12-13-2022, 01:05 PM
We shouldn?t hire Mullen because Mullen requires a mobile QB which Will isn?t and he runs off WRs which will be exacerbated by the transfer portal. Bringing back Dan will mean a total rebuild of the offense. No thanks.

PS And Dan didn?t win big games either. Leach won more ranked games in 3 years than Dan won in 9.

I?m not saying we should bring him back, but compared to some of the other scenarios I?ve seen mentioned here, it is far from the worst.

yjnkdawg
12-13-2022, 01:19 PM

Thoughts?

THIS and add on the OC an AR type.

NCDawg
12-13-2022, 01:49 PM

I second this motion.

Todd4State
12-13-2022, 02:02 PM
Go with option 3. If Arnett leaves we can still hire a good DC. Even Croom was able to land Ellis Johnson after 2003.

The reality is we aren't going to be able to eat our cake and have it too.

Todd4State
12-13-2022, 02:05 PM
Exactly. Some of the scenarios I?ve seen on the board the last two days are absolutely ridiculous.

Sure Dan left in a shitty way and could have handled it better, but I don?t blame him for taking a shot at the big time. I know it went south his last season at Florida, but he is still 103-61 as a HC. Including success here, even with a revolving door at DC.

I know this though, Dan is as good as anyone I have seen at adjusting his offense to the personnel, and would probably get more out of Will Rogers next season (assuming he is the starter) than anyone I can think of.

When Dan adjusted his offense with Tyler is limited us badly.

Dan's just not a fit. He still sucks at recruiting. He's going to meddle with the defense and get confrontational with Arnett. He doesn't know the Air Raid and no way he would keep his hands off of the offense if we hired Littrell or someone like that.

Really Clark?
12-13-2022, 02:07 PM
When Dan adjusted his offense with Tyler is limited us badly.

Dan's just not a fit. He still sucks at recruiting. He's going to meddle with the defense and get confrontational with Arnett. He doesn't know the Air Raid and no way he would keep his hands off of the offense if we hired Littrell or someone like that.

But it was very productive when he adjusted for Kyle Trisk.

Thick
12-13-2022, 03:05 PM
The guy that goes through DCs like Freeze goes through hookers? No thanks. He had his shot here. **** Dan.

Damn that was funny!!

Lord McBuckethead
12-13-2022, 04:34 PM

I agree.

Nutriaitch
12-13-2022, 04:38 PM
I see 3 options

3 options?
as in triple option?
Ken Niumatalolo?

Todd4State
12-13-2022, 05:14 PM
3 options?
as in triple option?
Ken Niumatalolo?

Ole Miss fans wish we would run the triple option so they could have a la carte recruiting every year.

Like before Leach came here they were literally pulling for us to hire Jeff Monken.

Goldendawg
12-13-2022, 05:56 PM
4. Bring Dan back!!!!!!

That "ship has sailed".

PGHBulldogBG
12-13-2022, 06:06 PM
The proper way to handle this is to first hire the AD. Once the AD is in place, he evaluates the situation and we hire a firm to help him find the best man for the job given the situation. Assuming we follow this path, I doubt we have a head coach until after the bowl game. The entire situation is very challenging and sad.

Todd4State
12-13-2022, 06:08 PM
The proper way to handle this is to first hire the AD. Once the AD is in place, he evaluates the situation and we hire a firm to help him find the best man for the job given the situation. Assuming we follow this path, I doubt we have a head coach until after the bowl game. The entire situation is very challenging and sad.

Exactly. We simply can not worry about one recruiting class and let that dictate everything.

And I know this is hard on the players but we can't prioritize being nice to them to the point where it messes us up long term. I'm sorry that's cold and heartless but it's the truth.

mo7888
12-13-2022, 06:14 PM

I doubt we have an AD until after the bowl game...possibly announced on game day but probably not earlier..

HailState2008
12-13-2022, 06:47 PM

Thoughts?

Kliff Kingsbury. The Cardinals are more than likely to fire him at year?s end.

schddog72
12-13-2022, 07:13 PM

THIS, THIS, THIS!!

msstate7
12-13-2022, 07:21 PM
Exactly. We simply can not worry about one recruiting class and let that dictate everything.

And I know this is hard on the players but we can't prioritize being nice to them to the point where it messes us up long term. I'm sorry that's cold and heartless but it's the truth.

Yep, I agree

trojandawg
12-13-2022, 07:22 PM
Coaching changes happen during this time of year. We hired leach after a bowl. No need to rush into Arnett. You do a search. Find the best next coach over next month hopefully with new AD. Cohen made a coach announcement in basically two weeks at auburn. I think it's dumb if they push back AD till January. Probably need to move forward with that next week. Make the announcement before the bowl game or day after. But have them in place talking to candidates next week before Christmas

Pancho
12-13-2022, 07:29 PM
Cohen had as much to do with the Freeze hire as I did.

Todd4State
12-13-2022, 09:31 PM
Coaching changes happen during this time of year. We hired leach after a bowl. No need to rush into Arnett. You do a search. Find the best next coach over next month hopefully with new AD. Cohen made a coach announcement in basically two weeks at auburn. I think it's dumb if they push back AD till January. Probably need to move forward with that next week. Make the announcement before the bowl game or day after. But have them in place talking to candidates next week before Christmas

MSU needs to do what is right and not what is nice. Every time we do something to be nice it backfired in the long run.

trojandawg
12-13-2022, 10:41 PM
Yep, finish AD search, but don't push it back too far. Then let them make the hire. Make sure they are on board with it. Start search now but make sure they are on board with it before the hire.

I really hope we do our due diligence on this and don't take the easy way out.

We have a lot coming back but also need to make sure we have the right guy to lead the program going forward and not try replicate leach because he was one of a kind. His assistants may be the right choice but they may not be. His coaching tree is nice but none of his coaching tree coaches the same we he did. So, hopefully we look at all the possibilities that can help us build off of what leach did. Take a look at a lot of the leach disciples at multiple schools or ones that run a blend of air raid.

A lot of this will depend on the timing and who the AD is and if the AD has the say in the hire. If they get a guy from a school like Currie or the guy from Baylor they might want to bring their guy like stricklin got Mullen to Florida

sandjunky
12-13-2022, 11:03 PM
Get the right hire because if you don?t - woah Nelly that portal will fill up

GATORDawg1234
12-13-2022, 11:15 PM
Those saying that we should hire an AD and allow them to hire the best candidate are correct. Making a decision in January will absolutely suffice given the horrid circumstances.

With that said, Zach Arnett is unqualified and should not be considered. However, I have no problem making him the highest-paid DC in America.

The best candidates are Dan Mullen and Todd Monken — both of whom would wait into early January before deciding anyways. State needs a coach with previous success, offensive expertise, and Mississippi ties. Mullen is the best available coach in America right now, whereas Monken did well at USM and now UGA. Arnett is not even an afterthought.

KOdawg1
12-13-2022, 11:16 PM
Kliff Kingsbury. The Cardinals are more than likely to fire him at year?s end.

No