PDA

View Full Version : ok people- let's chill out and breathe.

Coach34
12-12-2022, 10:05 PM
This is a terrible turn of circumstances obviously. Nobody wanted this situation at all and it just sux. I'm beyond happy Leach is going out a winner. Got his rivalry game. Went 8-4 in the SEC and secured a bowl game in a stadium with a pirate ship in the end zone. I'm not a very religious dude but I also dont believe very much in coincidences. #SailOn Pirate. Thank You for bringing in discipline and righting our ship. Now then:

1. Our next move is to hire an AD. We are supposedly on track to do that within the next 7 days. Keenum and crew unfortunately just got a huge ol monkey wrench thrown into the schedule. But thats ok- they can do their job and make the hire before Christmas at worst.

2. Arnette is now leading the program and is doing a live interview for Keenum and the new AD. It's a great opportunity for him created by a terrible event. He didnt ask for it- but he can show his metal in this moment. Whether he wants it or not- he will be judged in the future on the job he does over the next 3 weeks.

3. We wont have a new HC until January and thats ok. Nothing we can do about it. We were in the same situation and got Leach after the bowl game. It's not ideal- but nothing we can do. Our new AD will be thrown right into the fire immediately. Welcome to StarkVegas babyyyyyyy!!!!!!

4. I love the idea of the black jersey for the bowl game with "S T A T E" on the front of the jersey just like Leach wore every Saturday. No black helmet tho. Go white helmet with State script in black

5. Spitball tributes for Leach. He certainly needs some kind of tribute moving on that locks him into being immortalized at State.

#HailState #SailOn #MSUPirate

Msujd164
12-12-2022, 10:08 PM
Obvious is a Jolly Roger in the end zone!

msstate7
12-12-2022, 10:10 PM
Love the jersey idea

Jarius
12-12-2022, 10:11 PM
Something needs to be done for him inside or outside the stadium. A statue? Idk if that is appropriate. This is pretty unprecedented, but he deserves to have something to remember him forever at MSU.

drummerdawg
12-12-2022, 10:13 PM
Replace Don't Stop Believing in the 4th qtr with a motivational Leach locker room speech.

Coach34
12-12-2022, 10:15 PM
Replace Don't Stop Believing in the 4th qtr with a motivational Leach locker room speech.

Insert a Jimmy Buffet classic

drummerdawg
12-12-2022, 10:15 PM
Add a Leach Lounge with a Key West/Florida theme.

Jarius
12-12-2022, 10:18 PM
Add a Leach Lounge with a Key West/Florida theme.

If we ever do anything with the South Endzone that would be a cool theme to build.

William Tecumsah Sherman
Yes on something to immortalize Leach.

Catfish
Take down the Beat Memphis slogan at the top of this site and replace it with something about Coach Leach.

Activated Alpha
12-12-2022, 10:20 PM
Obviously cement a Jolly Roger flag in the stadium. And never take it down

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2022, 10:21 PM

Take down the Beat Memphis slogan at the top of this site and replace it with something about Coach Leach.

I would get extremely emotional. I am all for the Leach speech for the 4th

KOdawg1
12-12-2022, 10:22 PM
The jersey idea is great. Honestly should be what's on the front of our jersey anyway.

I think we could do something in the football complex to pay tribute to Leach. Maybe dedicate a wall to him with "Swing Your Sword", his big wins, and his impact on college football.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 10:23 PM
Obviously cement a Jolly Roger flag in the stadium. And never take it down

I love this idea!

Pinto
12-12-2022, 10:41 PM
What if instead of a turn over collar we had a turn over sword or maybe each week pick one player that has done the most in practice and they lead the team out of the tunnel ?swinging their sword?

Dawg_Lover
12-12-2022, 10:47 PM
How about paint a sword on the bottom of each goal post. Then, begin a tradition of players using them as a touchstone in acknowledgment of his contribution as a coach. They could touch one either before the game starts, or after whoever scores has the privilege of touching it.

Catfish
12-12-2022, 10:47 PM
What if instead of a turn over collar we had a turn over sword or maybe each week pick one player that has done the most in practice and they lead the team out of the tunnel ?swinging their sword?

Sword, pirate hat, eye patch....etc...

Dawg_Lover
12-12-2022, 10:49 PM
Some great ideas here!

PikeDawg15
12-12-2022, 10:51 PM
We should forever fly a pirate flag at Davis Wade.

CoachT14
12-12-2022, 10:53 PM
Yes on something to immortalize Leach.

What about at least one thing to be Jolly Roger stickers for helmets kind of like the buckeyes and others do on helmets. Have it be for certain accomplishments and things that exemplify Mike.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
12-12-2022, 10:58 PM
The jersey idea is great. Honestly should be what's on the front of our jersey anyway.

I think we could do something in the football complex to pay tribute to Leach. Maybe dedicate a wall to him with "Swing Your Sword", his big wins, and his impact on college football.

You wouldn?t have room! The man is bigger than football, college and pro!!! Y?all will figure it out and I?m confident it will be perfect.

I?m really sorry you all are having to endure this. I?m praying for you all.

memsu06
12-12-2022, 11:09 PM
MSU should definitely start a tradition that honors Mike Leach. Several good ideas here already posted.

msudawglb
12-12-2022, 11:10 PM
How about small pirate flags at the top of each goal post pole?

Todd4State
12-12-2022, 11:12 PM
I remember Jackie had his Mad Dawgs.

Maybe a pirate sticker or patch on the uniform of a deserving former walk-on player?

BayouDawg
12-12-2022, 11:13 PM
I think a good starting point would be a plaque in the junction near where the dawg walk starts. The plaque can be on a brick pedestal like the bully bust. The plaque can have his picture and one his best and most motivational quotes.

BayouDawg
12-12-2022, 11:14 PM
I remember Jackie had his Mad Dawgs.

Maybe a pirate sticker or patch on the uniform of a deserving former walk-on player?

I like this idea!

confucius say
12-12-2022, 11:27 PM
This is a terrible turn of circumstances obviously. Nobody wanted this situation at all and it just sux. I'm beyond happy Leach is going out a winner. Got his rivalry game. Went 8-4 in the SEC and secured a bowl game in a stadium with a pirate ship in the end zone. I'm not a very religious dude but I also dont believe very much in coincidences. #SailOn Pirate. Thank You for bringing in discipline and righting our ship. Now then:

1. Our next move is to hire an AD. We are supposedly on track to do that within the next 7 days. Keenum and crew unfortunately just got a huge ol monkey wrench thrown into the schedule. But thats ok- they can do their job and make the hire before Christmas at worst.

2. Arnette is now leading the program and is doing a live interview for Keenum and the new AD. It's a great opportunity for him created by a terrible event. He didnt ask for it- but he can show his metal in this moment. Whether he wants it or not- he will be judged in the future on the job he does over the next 3 weeks.

3. We wont have a new HC until January and thats ok. Nothing we can do about it. We were in the same situation and got Leach after the bowl game. It's not ideal- but nothing we can do. Our new AD will be thrown right into the fire immediately. Welcome to StarkVegas babyyyyyyy!!!!!!

4. I love the idea of the black jersey for the bowl game with "S T A T E" on the front of the jersey just like Leach wore every Saturday. No black helmet tho. Go white helmet with State script in black

5. Spitball tributes for Leach. He certainly needs some kind of tribute moving on that locks him into being immortalized at State.

Don't have to be overly religious, but please make sure you're saved. I want to make sure we can argue about something in Heaven one day, lol!

And I'm for an offensive HC with keeping arnett if that's doable.

Saltydog
12-13-2022, 08:23 AM
Leach Beach

DEDawg
12-13-2022, 09:44 AM
I?d like to see real Bully start wearing a skull and crossbones vest or something when we comes out and the mascot bully could start wearing an eyepatch. Leach?s name immediately in the ring of honor or somewhere on that stadium with a skull and crossbones by it.

RocketDawg
12-13-2022, 09:52 AM

I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but our basketball team wore black jerseys with Leach's "STATE" across the front during the game with Minnesota. It would have to be coincidence since the team must have left Starkville before Leach's heart attack.

This is a really sad situation, but given the nature of things, I'm pretty much all for letting Arnett run the program for at least a year. We know he is energetic and I'm sure he could do a job. That would be far better than hiring someone else in a hurry. Arnett is a known quantity.

But the University will do that they think is best overall for the football program and the University, students, and fans.

Johnson85
12-13-2022, 09:54 AM
As said, lots of options. I'd like to just hang on to some pirate stuff in general. I'd like for there to always be bullys with eye patches available; I think bully pirate stuff would be cool; but I think there should be something that is just locked in place that won't fade, which some of the pirate stuff could. Pirate flags at the top of the goal posts would be a cool, permanent tradition, and I think is my favorite option so far. Sword or jolly rogers on the goal post is probably my second.

ImissCityBagel
12-13-2022, 10:09 AM
There needs to be a bay rum drink called The Pirate (or something like that). A Starkville special.)

ScoobaDawg
12-13-2022, 08:51 PM
There needs to be a bay rum drink called The Pirate (or something like that). A Starkville special.)

Great idea. Hopefully hobie does something.

I love the idea of the jolly ranger flag though... Maybe it's focused on pregame saying swing your sword.. Or the 4th quarter.

parabrave
12-13-2022, 11:11 PM
Replace Journey with Styx at the 4th Qtr.