PDA

View Full Version : Can we please take down the ? Next FB coach?

Thick
12-12-2022, 09:12 PM
thread down. It?s just completely disrespectful and insensitive to the Leach family. Plus, it makes this board look bad. The AD should be first priority as far as hires go, period. Let Arnett run the show until we hire an AD, bc no real FB coach will entertain this unless they get hired by THE AD. Not trying to flame anyone, but there?s a lot hurt, sorrow, & shock running through the MSU family. Put it all aside, and let?s focus on the Leach family.

Catfish
12-12-2022, 09:14 PM
thread down. It?s just completely disrespectful and insensitive to the Leach family. Plus, it makes this board look bad. The AD should be first priority as far as hires go, period. Let Arnett run the show until we hire an AD, bc no real FB coach will entertain this unless they get hired by THE AD. Not trying to flame anyone, but there?s a lot hurt, sorrow, & shock running through the MSU family. Put it all aside, and let?s focus on the Leach family.

Thank you!

99jc
12-12-2022, 09:16 PM

i absolutely agree anyone that could post that right now needs to be banned and have his *** kicked. mods do your jobs.

Jarius
12-12-2022, 09:21 PM
Telling people how to grieve is one of the absolute shittiest things a human being can do. I don’t want anyone banned, but the few that are calling for other peoples heads on here are the true issue. You people are ridiculous. Getting mad at people for trying to take their mind off of a tragic situation by talking about football on a football message board. Get 17’ing bent.

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2022, 09:25 PM
I dont think anyone is trying to judge how anyone is grieving. The point is, it makes it look like there is no time to grieve and that is simply not the case and it shouldnt be with threads like that. There is more to life than SEC football

KOdawg1
12-12-2022, 09:25 PM
I don't think it's insensitive at all. I've got a feeling Leach wouldn't care. He'd want us to move forward. He cares about his assistants and his players and he'd want a good coach to lead them and continue to build what he built.

No one is taking joy in the fact that we have to find a new coach. No one is happy about this. But it's reality. And I don't think it's disrespectful or rude to discuss it within respectable guidelines.

Jarius
12-12-2022, 09:28 PM
It does not make us look like anything. Some of you people just want to control what other people say and think during a time where it is 100 % none of your damn business how anyone else talks and thinks. Get over your moral superiority BS. I literally cried on a morning run today over a man I have never met. It feels like we are losing a friend. Mike Leach loved football and would want us to talk ball right now. And pirates. And Geronimo. And roller blading.

DownwardDawg
12-12-2022, 09:30 PM
It's a healthy thread. It's respectful and people need an outlet to talk. Not sure how many of y'all have lost close family members but everyone grieves differently. Everyone on that thread respects and wants Coach Leach to get healthy and be our coach next season. But they also realize reality.

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2022, 09:31 PM
It does not make us look like anything. Some of you people just want to control what other people say and think during a time where it is 100 % none of your damn business how anyone else talks and thinks. Get over your moral superiority BS.

Im not claiming moral superiority here dude. Get over yourself. Nobody is out to get you. I dont care what you say. I am simply just saying that now is not the time. Grow up man this aint the time to argue. This is real for a lot of folks

KOdawg1
12-12-2022, 09:31 PM
It's a healthy thread. It's respectful and people need an outlet to talk. Not sure how many of y'all have lost close family members but everyone grieves differently. Everyone on that thread respects and wants Coach Leach to get healthy and be our coach next season. But they also realize reality.
Exactly.

Vandownbytheriver
12-12-2022, 09:36 PM
Im not claiming moral superiority here dude. Get over yourself. Nobody is out to get you. I dont care what you say. I am simply just saying that now is not the time. Grow up man this aint the time to argue. This is real for a lot of folks

Then stop trying to tell people how to handle this. It's not your or anyone else's place to tell people how to grieve or to process loss. Some of us have lost people just as near and dear to us and it brings all that back up. Let people distract themselves how they need to. Sometimes you need to realize you're not an authority on everything.

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2022, 09:39 PM
Then stop trying to tell people how to handle this. It's not your or anyone else's place to tell people how to grieve or to process loss. Some of us have lost people just as near and dear to us and it brings all that back up. Let people distract themselves how they need to. Sometimes you need to realize you're not an authority on everything.

Ok. Never pretended to be. I just gave my opinion. Same as yall.

TrapGame
12-12-2022, 09:39 PM

My brother in law committed suicide on Dec 14, 2009. So, yeah, this is bringing up a lot of shit for me right now.

I really need a good distraction.

KOdawg1
12-12-2022, 09:42 PM

Ding ding ding

Vandownbytheriver
12-12-2022, 09:42 PM
Ok. Never pretended to be. I just gave my opinion. Same as yall.

I didn't mean it disrespectfully at all. Grief and loss is a double edged sword. What works for you doesn't work for everyone. And I know you being close to some of the kids it's extra hard. Unless someone is just outright disrespectful, you have to let people process grief on their own terms. Just know that we all appreciate and value the insight you give us man. We might fight like hell sometimes, but you guys are like family not only to me, but a lot of other folks.

EdwardDrayton
12-12-2022, 09:47 PM
Lot of mismatching going on here. It's simply about holding off discussing Coach's replacement right now. It's the decent thing to do.

Todd4State
12-12-2022, 09:47 PM

But the "I told y'all Leach had health problems" posts gets to stay up right?

Jarius
12-12-2022, 09:51 PM

I’m not telling you what to say. I’m just telling you what to say.

msu15
12-12-2022, 10:02 PM
Some of y'all are just flat out weird man. I can't imagine what mental state you have to be in to try to tell someone what they should or should not be posting on a message board. Take a break, go outside, do something productive etc. If anything these last 36 hours should tell you is that you need to ENJOY LIFE.

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2022, 10:15 PM
To save everyone the time Im not gonna go to the ends of sending private messages.

I had no idea I was being message board police. Or that I was being the authority. Never was trying to do either. I apologize to yall. Especially Jarius and KO. Never meant for it to be that way. And I mean that.

Jarius
12-12-2022, 10:16 PM
To save everyone the time Im not gonna go to the ends of sending private messages.

I had no idea I was being message board police. Or that I was being the authority. Never was trying to do either. I apologize to yall. Especially Jarius and KO. Never meant for it to be that way.

I apologize for going off the handle. It’s a stressful time for everyone and I know you have connections to the program. I should have worded my angry response better. Love all my Bulldog family and should not be arguing.

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2022, 10:18 PM
I apologize for going off the handle. It’s a stressful time for everyone and I know you have connections to the program. I should have worded my angry response better. Love all my Bulldog family and should not be arguing.

Its not about me. But im with you. Its all good.

LC Dawg
12-12-2022, 10:20 PM
I thought the Next Coach thread was a change of pace and maybe therapeutic for some and even commented on it. I just checked in on it and there have been some cringe worthy comments. This is a message board and people can get do what they want but I hope people will consider respect for Coach Leach when they post.
The entire situation ****ing sucks.

KOdawg1
12-12-2022, 10:41 PM

I had no idea I was being message board police. Or that I was being the authority. Never was trying to do either. I apologize to yall. Especially Jarius and KO. Never meant for it to be that way. And I mean that.

You don't have to apologize brother.

We're all upset. It's an emotional time. This board is therapeutic for me and I know it is for others too. We're gonna get through it.

CoachT14
12-12-2022, 10:45 PM
Lot of mismatching going on here. It's simply about holding off discussing Coach's replacement right now. It's the decent thing to do.

It?s a message board. No one has said anything distasteful about the situation.

It?s really odd that people fill the need to rain down on other people because you don?t like how they handling a situation. It?s really weird and narcissistic. I hate we are in the situation we are in. But here we are. And it?s okay for people to discuss it.

Thick
12-12-2022, 11:20 PM
But the "I told y'all Leach had health problems" posts gets to stay up right?

That?s funny, bc I never commented on his health. Health problems are not quite on the level of discussing replacement options before your HC has joined other MSU greats in Heaven. That?s all?

Dawgology
12-12-2022, 11:28 PM
That?s funny, bc I never commented on his health. Health problems are not quite on the level of discussing replacement options before your HC has joined other MSU greats in Heaven. That?s all?

Buddy I know your struggling with this, a lot of people are, but it was stated last night by Steve that Coach Leach (regardless of what happens with him in the coming days) will not be in a condition to be head coach moving forward. People are on here discussing that reality. It’s ok. We are talking about a job. No one will ever replace Mike Leach.

Todd4State
12-12-2022, 11:30 PM

I know you didn't. Just wondering if you called out the people that did?

The Federalist Engineer
12-13-2022, 01:29 AM

Thank you Thick, this sucks as a leading thread.

R2Dawg
12-13-2022, 07:07 AM

Agree. Who is going to decide when the grieving starts and should end? People go thru phases of grief. We will not grieve like the family and so on.

Everyone wants Leach to pull thru. Leach is still living so the full grieving hasn't started yet. Even if he pulls thru, coaching stuff has to go on. We can't shut down the football program. It is difficult but part of life. We all live it at home, work, everything we do.

We are all sadened by the event with Leach.

We are Marshall is a good movie related to the subject.

Fader21
12-13-2022, 07:44 AM
I don?t think it?s a bad topic for a message board. Honestly there are a lot of ADs and College presidents looking at how MSU handles this because nobody has had to deal with this since the 80s if I?m not mistaken and college football and athletics has changed so much since then, plus given we have to search for a new AD. Last time a college lost its AD and HC was Marshall incident. Which I know is totally different than this case but we are setting a precedent for college athletics. Now with being disrespectful to the Leach family, I can see that argument but honestly I bet not a single one has looked up what message boards are talking about. And if anyone is mentioning it to them other than all the players that?s way more disrespectful.