PDA

View Full Version : WTF, Clarion Ledger? Why do you suck so much??

MadDawg
12-12-2022, 11:52 AM
In an article where you are reporting on Coach being in critical condition after a heart attack, why do you have to go back over a decade to include mention of a negative story about Leach? I mean, what kind of ignorant crap is this. What the hell does that have to do with a man fighting for his literal life.

Go to hell Clarion Ledger.

"Leach was controversially fired from Texas Tech for legal cause in 2009 for an incident involving..."

Four 17ing paragraphs on this. 17 you CL.

BrunswickDawg
12-12-2022, 11:56 AM
In an article where you are reporting on Coach being in critical condition after a heart attack, why do you have to go back over a decade to include mention of a negative story about Leach? I mean, what kind of ignorant crap is this. What the hell does that have to do with a man fighting for his literal life.

"Leach was controversially fired from Texas Tech for legal cause in 2009 for an incident involving..."

Typical.

A CBS Sports article from Sallee just came across my phone notifications. He mentioned nothing about his previous tenures. When you sink lower than Barrett Sallee, you have a problem.

ImissCityBagel
12-12-2022, 12:04 PM
The Clarion Ledger is awful. They are great writers and journalists from State that will never get a chance because of nepotism.

https://www.wlox.com/story/32036479/jackson-newspaper-issues-apology-for-unfortunate-msu-headline

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 12:15 PM
Thats absolutely pathetic! Haven't read that rag in years and this just another reason why. Truly pathetic on their part!

MaroonFlounder
12-12-2022, 12:32 PM
And, unfortunately, the last thing he will be know for (if the inevitable happens), is the recorded phone call about DJ, that made national headlines.

NCDawg
12-12-2022, 12:49 PM
Thats absolutely pathetic! Haven't read that rag in years and this just another reason why. Truly pathetic on their part!

Typical Clarion Ledger article. They used to be fairly good, although they leaned towards Ole Miss in the old days. The paper has grown progressively worse over the years.

HaggardDawg
12-12-2022, 12:49 PM
I know it?s petty but every coach, media personality in the country has made a comment about leach on their social media including Freeze. You know who hasn?t said a damn word? Cohen.

RisperDawg
12-12-2022, 12:51 PM
And, unfortunately, the last thing he will be know for (if the inevitable happens), is the recorded phone call about DJ, that made national headlines.

Maybe, but i hope that will fade down the stretch. DJ's tweet last night goes a long way in that regard.

Matt3467
12-12-2022, 12:51 PM
https://twitter.com/clarionledger/status/1602343597952696321?cxt=HHwWgoC8wejA1bwsAAAA

Good grief

Saltydog
12-12-2022, 12:55 PM
When it got to that part, I just quit reading.........EFF the C/L...........

DownwardDawg
12-12-2022, 12:56 PM

Nobody will remember that. Nobody will ever remember who the player was that tweeted that.

DownwardDawg
12-12-2022, 12:57 PM
I know it?s petty but every coach, media personality in the country has made a comment about leach on their social media including Freeze. You know who hasn?t said a damn word? Cohen.

I told my wife the same thing this morning!!! Can't find anything from Cohen. Says a lot.

MaroonFlounder
12-12-2022, 12:58 PM
You know who hasn?t said a damn word? Cohen.

I'm done with that bastard.

Nutriaitch
12-12-2022, 01:05 PM
I'm done with that bastard.

slightly off topic, but as an LSU fan, it really warms my heart to know even MSU fans hate that guy.

PMDawg
12-12-2022, 01:12 PM
When you sink lower than Barrett Sallee, you have a problem.

I was not able to give you rep, but I tried.

Johnson85
12-12-2022, 01:23 PM
I told my wife the same thing this morning!!! Can't find anything from Cohen. Says a lot.

I don't know, I would hope that Cohen had reached out directly to Leach's family. I agree people that don't have a direct connection, the public display of support is a nice gesture for the family, and I think Auburn should eventually put out something in support, but I don't know that they're obligated to do it while the crisis is underway and if Cohen has reached out directly, I can get why it might feel weird to him to also post something to twitter; would feel like a show to me if I were in his position I think. I tend to cut people and entities some slack on these type issues, maybe just because I never really know how to handle things. I feel like a phone call can be burdensome if they don't want to talk, I feel like a text can seem cold but also burden them with the need to reply.

Extendedcab
12-12-2022, 01:37 PM
I have not read the Clarion Liar in decades due to their god awful reporting and biasing everything towards OM! They can go out of business for all I care!

Catfish
12-12-2022, 04:33 PM
I was not able to give you rep, but I tried.

Did it for you.

Leroy Jenkins
12-12-2022, 04:49 PM
The guy that wrote the article for the CL was on Finebaum. Great, that's who we have representing Mississippi media.

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1602403826996330497?s=20&t=XCFZrLj2cyCUfCiuq1ejYw

Ari Gold
12-12-2022, 05:12 PM
The guy that wrote the article for the CL was on Finebaum. Great, that's who we have representing Mississippi media.

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1602403826996330497?s=20&t=XCFZrLj2cyCUfCiuq1ejYw

**** that guy and **** Finebaum

redstickdawg
12-12-2022, 06:30 PM
Typical Clarion Ledger article. They used to be fairly good, although they leaned towards Ole Miss in the old days. The paper has grown progressively worse over the years.

OM and the CL are both scum not worthy of wiping from the bottom of your boots.

parabrave
12-12-2022, 06:35 PM
And now he has some Polish guy on there who covers MSU. Never heard of this guy.

Tough Dawg
12-12-2022, 10:04 PM
If I?m Cohens PR guy I?m telling him to put out something on Twitter. I noticed the same and it bugs the heck out of me.

Bothrops
12-13-2022, 12:59 AM

It should be illegal for a publication to do that in this case. It's being snide and someone needs to be terminated.

Todd4State
12-13-2022, 03:04 AM
It should be illegal for a publication to do that in this case. It's being snide and someone needs to be terminated.

The media has no morals or integrity anymore. Not just the Clarion-Ledger.

It's all about pushing agenda and their "hot takes" which are usually trash.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-13-2022, 06:54 AM
Strippers on poles have more morals and ethics than the large majority of journalists.

Johnson85
12-13-2022, 10:29 AM
Strippers on poles have more morals and ethics than the large majority of journalists.

This is both true and also somewhat insulting to strippers to imply that they are close to journalists.