Renardo Sidney
12-12-2022, 10:30 AM
9-0 and 2-0 in Quad 1 games. Off to a good start but SEC will be very tough

Prayers for Leach

Joebob
12-12-2022, 10:50 AM
9-0 and 2-0 in Quad 1 games. Off to a good start but SEC will be very tough

Prayers for Leach

I think our SEC results would be better than expected if we could just finish when we get to the basket. It's really frustrating to see them make a good move to the hoop and then miss the layup. Still, I really love watching this team. Their defensive intensity is going to wear down a lot of teams. If they're fortunate enough to make it to the dance, they'll be a battle hardened, mentally tough team that will be hard to play against.

parabrave
12-12-2022, 11:18 AM
We have had 3 really good wins. Utah, Marquette and at Minn/ Last nights win was good because we went into a new arena and beat the hometeam. Now if we could find a consistent shooter.

smootness
12-12-2022, 11:25 AM
It seems pretty simple to me. Go .500 in the SEC and we’re a Tournament team, which before the year seemed ludicrous to think. Do much better than that and you could have a pretty good seed.

I think we’ll do pretty well in conference. We were 8-10 each of the last 2 years with teams that were absolutely not as good as this one. Our offense will struggle but defense is far more important in the college game and wins a lot of games. I think we’ll be something like 11-7 in conference, which would probably put us somewhere around a 5 seed. Which would be crazy.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2022, 11:27 AM
We play awesome defense, but the best part is we do it without fouling...I've yet to really see us commit stupid fouls.

smootness
12-12-2022, 11:35 AM
We are elite defensively and on the offensive boards. That will keep us in just about any game. There will be games that we lose because we can’t score enough, and sometimes teams with our makeup lose games to teams they shouldn’t because of that. But they also win games they shouldn’t because they’re always in it.

We’re the kind of team who, as a high seed in the tournament, could go out in flames first round. But also one who, as a low seed, could make a surprising run.

In the regular season, we’ll come out on top more often than we don’t because defense shows up every game. It’s going to be a pretty fun year, I think.

Quaoarsking
12-12-2022, 11:35 AM
We seem clearly better than Howland's team that got a 5 seed

Johnson85
12-12-2022, 12:36 PM
We seem clearly better than Howland's team that got a 5 seed

Hard to say. Having a go to scorer can cover up a lot of sins. But of course so can bringing intensity on D every night. I think the 2005 team probably had a much higher potential peak but on a day to day basis, this team is probably better just because of how hard they play and how well they are coached.

sleepy dawg
12-12-2022, 02:21 PM
It'll be tough. No way we're the 6th best team. We'll come back down to earth once SEC play starts, but I still think we're an easy tournament team playing how we've been playing and an 8 or better seed seems pretty realistic.

Pancho
12-12-2022, 02:38 PM
Our defense will make the Hump a difficult venue for SEC opponents.