PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl on Bo Bounds just said

viverlibre
12-12-2022, 08:45 AM
If Leach survives, it will be an absolute miracle if he coaches again. His four kids have been called in, the final two will make it in today. They have "decisions" to make.

msstate7
12-12-2022, 08:51 AM
Man, this is terrible

662dawg
12-12-2022, 09:01 AM
If Leach survives, it will be an absolute miracle if he coaches again. His four kids have been called in, the final two will make it in today. They have "decisions" to make.

Yes. This is what I was meaning last night about the family being in a tough situation. They have decisions to make. I'm guessing they're just waiting for all of his children to show up before the final decision is made.

WinningIsRelentless
12-12-2022, 09:01 AM
The other two kids are set to arrive around 10:00 this morning.

SpaceBully
12-12-2022, 09:04 AM
If there is a decision to make, it will come down to his wife. She would have final say over Mike's health requirements. That being said, his children would certainly have input. I just pray that they are all comforted as we move forward. Hoping God will intervene and provide the needed inspiration for his family....and the entire Bulldog Family.

TrapGame
12-12-2022, 09:09 AM
This is so sad.

Rosie said to expect some very bad news this afternoon.

basedog
12-12-2022, 09:10 AM
So sad, I had a decision to make on my mother years ago, it was hard but mostly it was one of the saddest days of my life. I will never ever forget seeing her take her last breath!!

I pray for the Pirates family!

TheLostDawg
12-12-2022, 09:15 AM
If there is a decision to make, it will come down to his wife. She would have final say over Mike's health requirements. That being said, his children would certainly have input. I just pray that they are all comforted as we move forward. Hoping God will intervene and provide the needed inspiration for his family....and the entire Bulldog Family.

Yes but the way it is sounding, and I have no close knowledge of the situation, they may be waiting to make a decision so the children can say their good byes if they do decide to withdraw care.
Really really terrible situation any way it goes. Pray pray pray. God performs miracles all the time.

TheLostDawg
12-12-2022, 09:17 AM
Especially for his family as it's going to be difficult for them no matter the path.

NWADAWG
12-12-2022, 09:18 AM

My family unfortunately had to make a decision for both of my parents but my dad went 1st. Yes, my mom had final say but there was no way us kids (all adults) were going to leave my mom alone on that island. It was an open, everyone equal discussion and we made sure she knew we were in 100% agreement. It makes the mourning process much easier.
If there is a decision to be made, I hope it works the same way for their family.
Again, if there is that decision to make, my heart goes out to the family. Even when you know that it's the right decision, it's not easy.

GoDawgz
12-12-2022, 09:19 AM
By the way Steve sounded, it is all but a forgone conclusion, barring a miracle, Coach Leach is not going to make it.
But I know my God is able if it is in His will to heal and still work miracles.
Prayers lifted up for Coach and his family!
Life is truly but a vapor!

Dawgface
12-12-2022, 09:27 AM
Unreal. We all heard his coughing and heard the whispers about a health problem that might make him retire. But I sure didn't expect this. He actually sounded and looked better in the interviews leading up to the Egg Bowl imo. Very sad.....

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 09:27 AM
This is so sad! Praying for Coach Leach and his family!

Joebob
12-12-2022, 09:55 AM
This is why people say to treasure every day and always let your loved ones know you care. You never know what the next day will bring. Hope this turns out better than we're expecting, but it really doesn't sound good.

HancockCountyDog
12-12-2022, 09:58 AM
I?ve been hoping everyone has been wrong.

I hate it for the family, please pray for them.

Cooterpoot
12-12-2022, 10:02 AM
Unreal. We all heard his coughing and heard the whispers about a health problem that might make him retire. But I sure didn't expect this. He actually sounded and looked better in the interviews leading up to the Egg Bowl imo. Very sad.....

Didn't have anything to do with the coughing.

Activated Alpha
12-12-2022, 10:08 AM
Didn't have anything to do with the coughing.

Not necessarily. If he had CHF, which seems to be likely based on what I'm hearing, increased/worsening coughing is a sign that fluid is backing up into his lungs. If he is non-compliant with his CHF medications then that puts undue heart strain which could have led to a cardiac arrest event.

West Houston Dog
12-12-2022, 10:18 AM
more important things than football this morning. this is just so devastating to hear for such a good guy :(

Turfdawg67
12-12-2022, 10:20 AM
So sad. Keep praying for a miracle!!

RisperDawg
12-12-2022, 10:22 AM
Not necessarily. If he had CHF, which seems to be likely based on what I'm hearing, increased/worsening coughing is a sign that fluid is backing up into his lungs. If he is non-compliant with his CHF medications then that puts undue heart strain which could have led to a cardiac arrest event.

Yeah, it's something you're never going to know. Those beating their chest about being right all along about his health have the benefit of making a claim that can neither be proven nor disproven.

I hope Leach had his wishes written down. This is a difficult time for his family and even worse if his wishes weren't clear. For who hasn't done so, having advance directives made is a kindness to your family and insurance for yourself that your desires are clear.

Saltydog
12-12-2022, 10:27 AM
I'm so saddened to hear all of this that I just can't focus at work. Every time I woke up last night I thought about it. Prayers for him and the family. I just cannot fathom what they're going thru. Football is so insignificant right now.

Fader21
12-12-2022, 10:47 AM
I had a hard time sleeping last night.

Coach34
12-12-2022, 10:50 AM

Yeah me too. This is just an awful situation. I know how hard it is for the family having gone thru it with my Dad. Sometimes you just never know when your last "see ya later Dad" will be.

Fader21
12-12-2022, 11:08 AM
Yeah me too. This is just an awful situation. I know how hard it is for the family having gone thru it with my Dad. Sometimes you just never know when your last "see ya later Dad" will be.
I have followed Mike Leach's career for a long time. As a coach, I have studied the Air Raid more than any other offensive philosophy. Got to meet both my heroes in Leach and Mumme.

yjnkdawg
12-12-2022, 11:11 AM
Very sad situation and I have been praying for CML. his family and the medical professionals since I heard about it yesterday afternoon. I just hope that any information that has been put out on this has been approved by the family as they should have been the sole authority in that decision, and not through some source.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2022, 11:16 AM
Most everyone assumed it was heart related, but now confirmed...

https://twitter.com/clarionledger/status/1602335275266592770?s=20&t=gO6GhH67PnbtRcpD7d55Ww

Coach34
12-12-2022, 11:27 AM
I have followed Mike Leach's career for a long time. As a coach, I have studied the Air Raid more than any other offensive philosophy. Got to meet both my heroes in Leach and Mumme.

That's great

ImissCityBagel
12-12-2022, 11:27 AM
The fact that he's made it this long since the heart attack is a good sign. That said, if he survives he won't be the same person. So tragic. I can't wait until smart technology gets help for you when you can't.

Also, the Clarion article should say "Cardiac Arrest" and not "Heart Attack". They aren't the same thing.

WinningIsRelentless
12-12-2022, 11:28 AM
The fact that he's made it this long since the heart attack is a good sign. That said, if he survives he won't be the same person. So tragic. I can't wait until smart technology gets help for you when you can't.

He?s being kept alive.

PGHBulldogBG
12-12-2022, 11:29 AM
This is absolutely awful for coach and his family. Everyone keep the strong prayers and hope for a miracle

Coach34
12-12-2022, 11:31 AM
He?s being kept alive.

yeah- this. Waiting on the last of his children to arrive before deciding...you know

Fader21
12-12-2022, 11:46 AM
MSU just released that he remains critical, and family are with him. No statements will be made unless any updates.

PCHSDawg
12-12-2022, 12:11 PM
Just went thru this in August with a younger brother. The absolute worst feeling in the world.

StarkVegasSteve
12-12-2022, 12:11 PM
Obviously nothing can be confirmed until something official has been put out but just based on what I have been told last night and into this morning I have a hard time seeing a way back for him. As others have said, if you are the praying type then be in prayer for Mike, his family, our players, and the rest of the coaching staff. Like most, I did not sleep well at all last night with this on my mind. So I can not even begin to imagine the pain his family is going through right now.

GoDawgz
12-12-2022, 12:18 PM
2 years ago this past August I had to make the impossible decision with my dad after a massive stroke.
My heart goes out to the Leach family IF they are faced with a decision like that to make.
Dont stop praying.

Saltydog
12-12-2022, 12:20 PM
Yeah, it's something you're never going to know. Those beating their chest about being right all along about his health have the benefit of making a claim that can neither be proven nor disproven.

I hope Leach had his wishes written down. This is a difficult time for his family and even worse if his wishes weren't clear. For who hasn't done so, having advance directives made is a kindness to your family and insurance for yourself that your desires are clear.

I am sure a man of his means had something in place........

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 12:24 PM

Same here. It's just so sad! Just in deep prayer for him and his family! Man some of my om friends have even joined in prayer for Coach Leach.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 12:26 PM
He?s being kept alive.

Yeah I've heard same that they're waiting on all the kids to get there. Man this is so sad and tragic!

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-12-2022, 12:35 PM
Yeah I've heard same that they're waiting on all the kids to get there. Man this is so sad and tragic!

Anyone who has had a parent pass away quickly knows how hard this is. Worst part by far is not getting to say a proper goodbye.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 12:39 PM
Anyone who has had a parent pass away quickly knows how hard this is. Worst part by far is not getting to say a proper goodbye.

Amen to that! My father-in-law(great,great man) had a massive heart attack in his bathroom 2 years ago and he was gone before any help could get there. It was quick and sad that we couldn't say final goodbyes. I don't like to get to religious on a sports message board by I'm thankful for my faith and the faith of my family and knowing we will get to see each other again. It doesn't take all the pain from missing them away but it sure gives us comfort.

Catfish
12-12-2022, 12:41 PM
Amen to that! My father-in-law(great,great man) had a massive heart attack in his bathroom 2 years ago and he was gone before any help could get there. It was quick and sad that we couldn't say final goodbyes. I don't like to get to religious on a sports message board by I'm thankful for my faith and the faith of my family and knowing we will get to see each other again. It doesn't take all the pain from missing them away but it sure gives us comfort.

Amen brother.

DownwardDawg
12-12-2022, 01:01 PM

Me and you have so much in common. Lost the greatest man in my life, my father in law, in 2016 from massive heart attack. Shook family to the core. My wife still hasn't been the same to this day, but her faith has made it easier.

StarkVegasSteve
12-12-2022, 01:06 PM
Steve just reported on GP that they have moved him basically into hospice care. This is one of the saddest things I can remember in my lifetime as a State fan. Prayers for the family, players, and staff. Life is short folks, tell the ones you love that you love them and hold them a little tighter tonight.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 01:07 PM
Me and you have so much in common. Lost the greatest man in my life, my father in law, in 2016 from massive heart attack. Shook family to the core. My wife still hasn't been the same to this day, but her faith has made it easier.

We absolutely do! A great man once told me "There is great sadness when a loved one passes because there is great love, but our faith comforts and sustains us!" The knowledge that there is something greater than what this world has to offer, the peace and joy of the next life provides us with the strength to get through these difficult times.

Dawg2003
12-12-2022, 01:26 PM
He?s being kept alive.

He likely had an anoxic brain injury after having an arrest. Out of hospital arrests have a very low survival rate because the paramedics cannot get to the person fast enough. Brain damage begins at 5 minutes, and 8 minutes is total brain death, so there's very little time to get a person help if they are not in a hospital setting.

Just a terrible situation. I really can't comprehend it right now.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 01:34 PM
It's just so hard to take it all in right now. Just last week there was so much concern about the direction of the football team, that doesn't seem quite as important today.

Fader21
12-12-2022, 01:34 PM
Steve just posted a horrific message about the Situation. I don?t know how to embed but pretty much it?s now keeping him comfortable till he passes. He will not break the story and leave that to the family and University but has his story written already.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 01:38 PM
Steve just posted a horrific message about the Situation. I don?t know how to embed but pretty much it?s now keeping him comfortable till he passes. He will not break the story and leave that to the family and University but has his story written already.

All just so surreal right now.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-12-2022, 01:49 PM
How crazy is it that our bowl game is in a stadium with a pirate ship?

Thick
12-12-2022, 01:56 PM
Times like these bring people together, and help us appreciate the blessings that God has given to all of us. Thoughts and prayers to the Leach family and friends?.God bless!

confucius say
12-12-2022, 01:57 PM

I don't mind discussing it.
If any of you question your salvation, get right. Find somebody to talk to and do it. If you need help PM me and we can find somebody to talk to.

Also, eat better and exercise. And drink
More water and less soda and diet soda.

Dawgface
12-12-2022, 01:58 PM
Times like these bring people together, and help us appreciate the blessings that God has given to all of us. Thoughts and prayers to the Leach family and friends?.God bless!

Well said and ditto.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 02:01 PM

Well said! Amen!

EdwardDrayton
12-12-2022, 02:02 PM
We absolutely do! A great man once told me "There is great sadness when a loved one passes because there is great love, but our faith comforts and sustains us!" The knowledge that there is something greater than what this world has to offer, the peace and joy of the next life provides us with the strength to get through these difficult times.

Just hard to imagine the despair folks go through without faith. Our faith give us the hope, peace and comfort of a future to come; death is defeated.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 02:02 PM
If any of you question your salvation, get right. Find somebody to talk to and do it. If you need help PM me and we can find somebody to talk to.

Amen to all that!

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 02:03 PM
Just hard to imagine the despair folks go through without faith. Our faith give us the hope, peace and comfort of a future to come; death is defeated.

Amen! Death isn't the end but the beginning!

Ezsoil
12-12-2022, 02:05 PM

I made two Dr. Appointments today for things I had been putting off...when folks younger than me are dying it's time to get priorities straight

Dawgface
12-12-2022, 02:11 PM
I made two Dr. Appointments today for things I had been putting off...when folks younger than me are dying it's time to get priorities straight

Get a colonoscopy if you haven't done so. A friend of mine(68 y/o) never got one and he's recouping from major colon surgery right now. Cancer.

parabrave
12-12-2022, 02:14 PM
Get a colonoscopy if you haven't done so. A friend of mine(68 y/o) never got one and he's recouping from major colon surgery right now. Cancer.

This will prevent alot of future problems as well as a yearly PSA. And take your meds like your supposed to. Over 60 and former smokers need to get chest scans for lung cancer now.

gtowndawg
12-12-2022, 02:17 PM

100%

Cowbell
12-12-2022, 03:25 PM
Does anybody wise think Rosie may need to keep his trap shut and let the family handle the news the way they see Fit

BorneDawg
12-12-2022, 03:31 PM

It don't ever leave you either. 28 years ago I dropped my mother off at work (I was 18) and we were fighting over some stupid something I did. Little did I know it was the last time I'd see her. She passed before I got home from school that evening. I may over do it but try and tell my family multiple times a day I love them cause you never know......

Dawg_Lover
12-12-2022, 03:33 PM
Does anybody wise think Rosie may need to keep his trap shut and let the family handle the news the way they see Fit

Without direct, or indirect, family permission, it would be wise to remain silent.

SpaceBully
12-12-2022, 03:48 PM
Steve just reported on GP that they have moved him basically into hospice care. This is one of the saddest things I can remember in my lifetime as a State fan. Prayers for the family, players, and staff. Life is short folks, tell the ones you love that you love them and hold them a little tighter tonight.

Life is indeed short. It is a practice round to determine our eternal destination. Think of a normal life span as a grain of sand and eternity as all the sand on all the beaches and oceans in the world. Use your time wisely while alive and solidify your faith in God and his son Jesus. Once we die, our fate is cast in stone. There's no going back and fixing our mistakes. We'll be judged on what we've done.

yjnkdawg
12-12-2022, 03:49 PM

I definitely agree and in the last official update by MSU , the family said they wanted to keep things private but they did appreciate all the support. I think he needs to let MSU or the family be the one to make any statements. I had said in another thread that this was strictly a family decision on what is put out to the public, and I hoped what was being put out was with the family's approval.

KOdawg1
12-12-2022, 04:15 PM

Steve is very well connected with Leach and probably has the family's permission.

He's handled it well. Stop looking for things to be outraged about. It doesn't help.

GoDawgz
12-12-2022, 04:17 PM
Steve is very well connected with Leach and probably has the family's permission.

He's handled it well. Stop looking for things to be outraged about. It doesn't help.

This ^^^^

Dawgology
12-12-2022, 04:26 PM

Steve is releasing what the family tells him to. Settle down. This isn?t your fight. Just be supportive.

Bdawg
12-12-2022, 04:52 PM

I will discuss salvation with anyone interested too. Most important one you will ever make.

662dawg
12-12-2022, 04:52 PM
Any time now 😥

Bdawg
12-12-2022, 04:56 PM
Just terribly sad

Really Clark?
12-12-2022, 04:56 PM
Any time now 😥

Yes, so heartbreaking for the family.

EdwardDrayton
12-12-2022, 05:02 PM
I will discuss salvation with anyone interested too. Most important one you will ever make.

Our Great Commission. Matthew 28:16-20

Nutriaitch
12-12-2022, 05:05 PM

how would one go about "reading" the bible for the first time?
cover to cover?
maybe a specific book or gospel first?
skip around?

confucius say
12-12-2022, 05:13 PM
cover to cover?
skip around?

I've always been told to start with John.
I also recommend reading new testament first.
I also recommend using a simple version. I actually read my kids' Bible some because it's easier to comprehend.

Podcast of sermons are great too. The first one below in Romans 4:1-17 is great. Remember, church is a place for broken sinners like me, not holy people.

https://www.broadmoor.org/watch/romans-41-17/

starkvegasdawg
12-12-2022, 05:15 PM
cover to cover?
skip around?

Start with the gospels. First 4 books of the New Testament. Then I would recommend James.

BulldogBear
12-12-2022, 05:16 PM
cover to cover?
skip around?

I think Romans may be one of the best overall "essays" on the Christian faith. I would not read cover to cover. It's organized more by categories than chronology.

KOdawg1
12-12-2022, 05:17 PM
Romans is my favorite book. Chapter 8 specifically

BulldogBear
12-12-2022, 05:19 PM
I think Romans may be one of the best overall "essays" on the Christian faith. I would not read cover to cover. It's organized more by categories than chronology.
To add, I'd recommend translations that interpret Deutoromy & Psalm 82 according to the Dead Sea scrolls. It will make a lot of the weird OT stuff make 99% more sense when you get Deuteronomy 32 "world view."

Dawgology
12-12-2022, 05:22 PM
To add, I'd recommend translations that interpret Deutoromy & Psalm 82 according to the Dead Sea scrolls. It will make a lot of the weird OT stuff make 99% more sense when you get Deuteronomy 32 "world view."

What is this you speak of? Does it reference the Dead Sea Scrolls? I'm legitimately interested here. What translation would this be?

Maverick91
12-12-2022, 05:23 PM
cover to cover?
skip around?

To understand the Bible is to understand Jesus and the price He paid for all of us. So start with the gospels. Matthew, mark, luke, and John. Then hit Roman’s and all of the Old Testament.

Great question!

Extendedcab
12-12-2022, 05:37 PM
Don't forget the Old Testament as the New Testament is built on the Old Testament - all of the prophecies about Christ!

I started as a new Christian some 29 years ago by reading the whole Bible from start to finish, cover to cover - Old Testament and then the New Testament. That is my recommendation so you understand the totality of scripture. However, the New Testament will describe the dispensation period in which we live - what God did for us so our sins are forgiven.

It is a great question Nutriaitch as Maverick91 said!!

confucius say
12-12-2022, 05:50 PM
Romans is my favorite book. Chapter 8 specifically

We're in the process of going through the entire book chapter by chapter. Made it to chapter 5. The link I posted above has the sermons if you're interested.

Nutriaitch
12-12-2022, 05:54 PM
wow! i appreciate all of the responses and apologize for derailing the thread.

thanks everyone

yjnkdawg
12-12-2022, 05:58 PM
cover to cover?
skip around?

This is the plan I have been using this year to read the Bible in one year. https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-reading-plan/thematic.html

Should be interactive where you can click on it and go to the Chapters and verses.

Maverick91
12-12-2022, 06:06 PM

thanks everyone

Nothing derailed… if anything death or the potential of death should bring about these types of questions! Never hesitate to ask!

Catfish
12-12-2022, 06:14 PM

thanks everyone

The Bible is the greatest book ever written, by God himself. However, you need someone or a small group you trust to talk to. Reach out in your area for someone or a Christian program. Maybe even a church.

TigerMomofaDawg
12-12-2022, 06:15 PM
I have been listening to Fr. Mike Schmitz?s Bible in a Year podcast since January 1. I like that he basically goes in order but occasionally has a Messianic checkpoint and reads one of the 4 gospel books. I also like that he gives commentary after each day?s reading. He also explains very clearly how the Old Testament foreshadows the New, and how the New Testament is the fulfillment of the Old. The readings range from 15-30 minutes a day, and I listen while I get dressed in the morning.

I am Catholic, and I wanted to listen to a Catholic priest explain the Bible. I fell in love with the beauty of Sirach while listening. I had never really read that deuterocanonical book before this year. If you are not Catholic, this one might not be for you, though.

I do not see this Bible discussion as a derailment. Seeing what Coach Leach and his family are going through makes us contemplate our own mortality and salvation. Praying for a miracle for Leach!

EdwardDrayton
12-12-2022, 06:57 PM

thanks everyone

Nutria, one day you'll smile and understand us Christians are thrilled when someone embarks on their own faith journey. We all started with that first step. Never hesitate to ask anything; it's a joy to us to help.

Cowbell
12-12-2022, 06:57 PM
The Bible is the greatest book ever written, by God himself. However, you need someone or a small group you trust to talk to. Reach out in your area for someone or a Christian program. Maybe even a church.

100% this

Cowbell
12-12-2022, 07:01 PM
I use https://enduringword.com/ for commentary. When you get to confusing parts of the Bible this will be really helpful to explain context around what you are reading. The Bible may be really confusing at first but you will quickly grow in your understanding and it gets easier to read.

R2Dawg
12-12-2022, 07:03 PM
cover to cover?
skip around?

Read the 4 gospels. The Bible is about Jesus. He is the alpha and omega, first and last.

John is an important gospel. John is given to us so that we will know Jesus is the Son of God. After the gospels, I might read the book of Genesis - the book of origins and the beginning of everything. Gen 1:1 - in the beginning God......... God is, was and forever will be. Before anything existing, God did. John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

One thing anyone we know dies, it is a reminder of coming judgment (death is judgment for sin). We will all meet our Creator one day. Trust in Christ now and live in eternity with God, reject Him and spent enternity in hell. Real simple. It is too big a gamble to choose wrong. Eternity is a long time. After 1 trillion years you will not remove 1 second of eternity. But the hope is given in Jesus - savior of the world. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, He gave his only Son that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish but shall have eternal life.

Be glad to discuss with anyone considering your life and eternity. God bless the humble heart.

R2Dawg
12-12-2022, 07:09 PM

thanks everyone

This is the very heart of this thread - find God before this life ends.

You don't have to understand all the Bible to come to a saving faith. God is looking for those to come with faith like a child. None of us would be saved if we had to understand it all.

In one sentence here it is. We are sinners, God is holy and only accepts perfection so how can we be accepted into His heaven? By a perfect sacrifice for sin which came thru His Son who died as a substitute for us. When we accept Him as our Savior, His righteousness is substituted on our behalf. It is that simple.

Nutriaitch
12-12-2022, 07:35 PM
This is the very heart of this thread - find God before this life ends.

You don't have to understand all the Bible to come to a saving faith. God is looking for those to come with faith like a child. None of us would be saved if we had to understand it all.

In one sentence here it is. We are sinners, God is holy and only accepts perfection so how can we be accepted into His heaven? By a perfect sacrifice for sin which came thru His Son who died as a substitute for us. When we accept Him as our Savior, His righteousness is substituted on our behalf. It is that simple.

i was raised Catholic.
even graduated from a Catholic high school.

i?ve always had my faith in God.
Just have never actually read the bible.
sure passages here and there in religion glasses or during mass, etc.
but never actually read the book.

have always been amazed by people who have certain verses memorized that speak to them for different reasons.

redstickdawg
12-12-2022, 07:56 PM
i was raised Catholic.
even graduated from a Catholic high school.

i?ve always had my faith in God.
Just have never actually read the bible.
sure passages here and there in religion glasses or during mass, etc.
but never actually read the book.

have always been amazed by people who have certain verses memorized that speak to them for different reasons.

sign up for the Hallow app and listen to Fr. Mike Schmitz Bible in a year, I'm nearing the end of the second time. He speaks a bit quickly and you can go back and listen to the passagesa dnt he sermons that he gives at the end of each session, typically 22-28 minutes per day.

TigerMomofaDawg
12-12-2022, 08:06 PM
I have loved his Bible in a Year, and his commentary makes perfect sense of what used to confuse me. I am looking forward to his Catechism in a Year starting January 1.

BulldogBear
12-12-2022, 08:40 PM
What is this you speak of? Does it reference the Dead Sea Scrolls? I'm legitimately interested here. What translation would this be?

I know ESV is one, but there are others.

I'd also really recommend "Unseen Realm" by Dr. Michael Heiser of Logos Bible Software. There are actually 2 versions of it. Unseen Realm is the scholarly version with thousands of notes and sources. Supernatural is the same information presented in a way that may be more digestible to those that don't want to tackle the other.

I guess if I had to give a takeaway in brief it would be that when we have a better understanding of what is going on in Deuteronomy 32 (what the text actually says in ancient hebrew and the context thereof), so much of the odd stuff in the OT gets a lot less odd and broadens one's Christian faith as the picture gets even bigger than we generally extrapolate from our English translations.

Warning: Our Beloved Savior will get bigger, better, and a lot more "badass," for lack of a better term, than we usually understand. What He did, and is doing, to save us and right the wrongs of the THREE rebellions in the OT...is nothing short of epic. I laugh and say the Bible is the LOTR of Holy Books.