PDA

View Full Version : Getting away from the somber....I need some help from yall

CadaverDawg
12-12-2022, 02:12 AM
I told my wife I wanted a show piece cowbell for Christmas...one that I could show off and maybe put front and center in my office. Any suggestions? She wants an idea of what I want, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Would love pictures of you guys bells and also some places I should look online. Looking for something fairly heavy and unique. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dawg_Lover
12-12-2022, 03:37 AM
A couple of ideas ?..

I know Jack Cristil?s daughter, in Tupelo, was still making some custom a few years ago. I do not know if she still is or not. She is Rebecca Nelson, and is the Director of Community Impact at United Way of Northeast Mississippi, and a very nice person.

This link below are for original, hand painted cowbells. It appears to be quality artistry.

https://www.yearofthecowbell.com/Hand-Painted-Originals-s/193.htm

Haha, how about a hand painted bulldog, with a little Colonel Reb hanging out of his mouth ?. just kidding, I think.

parabrave
12-12-2022, 04:07 AM
If you can find any from the 60s and 70s that were mostly handmade by students. Most were original and one of a Kind.

Dawg_Lover
12-12-2022, 04:27 AM
These MSU Battle Bells are TIG welded welded 16 gage stainless steel, and they?re huge. Plus, made in Mississippi. Very nice!
https://www.battlebells.com/

Also, some vintage on Ebay & I think Etsy.

KOdawg1
12-12-2022, 06:18 AM
I have a battle bell.

Super cool, good looking, and excellent service

basedog
12-12-2022, 08:30 AM
If you can find any from the 60s and 70s that were mostly handmade by students. Most were original and one of a Kind.

I have or had two (one I gave to my daughter) that was made on campus and "we students" had to paint and put our decals on them. They are the real deal and very unique. It was hard to pass one of them down to my daughter as I have been attached to them since I graduated way back in 73. If I knew how to post a photo of the other one I would. It's priceless! LOL

Dawgology
12-12-2022, 08:30 AM
I told my wife I wanted a show piece cowbell for Christmas...one that I could show off and maybe put front and center in my office. Any suggestions? She wants an idea of what I want, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Would love pictures of you guys bells and also some places I should look online. Looking for something fairly heavy and unique. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have NO idea where to get it but I was at a guys house a few years back and he had a large one on his mantle that had been chromed out and had the Egg Bowl win years laser etched on it. Was pretty cool.

BrunswickDawg
12-12-2022, 09:50 AM
These MSU Battle Bells are TIG welded welded 16 gage stainless steel, and they?re huge. Plus, made in Mississippi. Very nice!
https://www.battlebells.com/

Also, some vintage on Ebay & I think Etsy.

I bought an engraved Battle Bell for my daughter and SIL as a wedding present. They displayed it next to the cake (and all guests got a small cowbell to "ring them out" when the left the reception) and people commented on it all night.

Joebob
12-12-2022, 10:20 AM
I have or had two (one I gave to my daughter) that was made on campus and "we students" had to paint and put our decals on them. They are the real deal and very unique. It was hard to pass one of them down to my daughter as I have been attached to them since I graduated way back in 73. If I knew how to post a photo of the other one I would. It's priceless! LOL

I can still smell the spray paint from the one I created right after I got to State in '74. I'm still proud of that thing. Do they not still sell the decals for them anymore?

basedog
12-12-2022, 10:25 AM
I can still smell the spray paint from the one I created right after I got to State in '74. I'm still proud of that thing. Do they not still sell the decals for them anymore?

Not sure but they were very unique and so original. Everyone had a signature cow bell. Hard to beat and tough as nails.

DownwardDawg
12-12-2022, 10:38 AM
Battle Bell vote from me also. I'll try to get a picture.

CadaverDawg
12-13-2022, 12:12 AM
Great advice guys, thanks!

Wish I could find one of those old ones, I always love seeing those when I'm at a game.

I'm checking out the Battle Bells now

DownwardDawg
12-13-2022, 12:14 AM
I still have mine from 1991 when I was a student. It has been signed by Smoot and Eric Moulds.

Bothrops
12-13-2022, 01:01 AM
Battle Bells are really cool.

Todd4State
12-13-2022, 03:03 AM
Check out the BellSmith too.

basedog
12-13-2022, 09:24 AM
Great advice guys, thanks!

Wish I could find one of those old ones, I always love seeing those when I'm at a game.

I'm checking out the Battle Bells now

The cowbells made while I was in school were made with real steel, very rustic until we painted them, put a bike handle on them with neat traditional decals. Too bad someone couldn't produce those again. Btw, if you notice Downward Dog aviator with "ole miss is dog meat" was very popular!

Good Luck!

mudbugs
12-13-2022, 09:50 AM
I’m partial to mine with sword grip. Purchased at Barnes and Noble on campus