View Full Version : Leach

CadaverDawg
12-12-2022, 12:06 AM
In all of the discussion about offensive philosophy and coaching styles and wins and losses.....we often forget that these guys are just human beings, with wives and kids and nieces and nephews and Brothers and sisters.

I for one am somewhat ashamed at how much I've let my football opinions dominate my posts on here, while never really talking about my thoughts on some of these guys as just men.

And I'm gonna tell you, I'm pretty devastated at this news of Leach. He is so freaking good for college football, and just a really interesting and funny dude. I bet his family loves him so much, and I feel for everyone close to him. The pirate deserves to retire to the ocean side, so I pray tonight that he fights through this somehow, someway.

Fight, Mike. Fight like hell.

Hail State.

DownwardDawg
12-12-2022, 12:08 AM
Amen Brother.
Fight like hell coach!!

Commercecomet24
12-12-2022, 12:12 AM
Amen, CD, Amen!

confucius say
12-12-2022, 12:18 AM
Lot of stories going around Twitter tonight from reporters and radio guys in Texas and Washington and all over about things Leach did for them that nobody ever knew.
Guy has a big heart. Hope he and the heart make it through this.

CadaverDawg
12-12-2022, 12:30 AM
Lot of stories going around Twitter tonight from reporters and radio guys in Texas and Washington and all over about things Leach did for them that nobody ever knew.
Guy has a big heart. Hope he and the heart make it through this.

Yeah, love his coaching or hate it, there's no denying he's one hell of a good dude. We just gotta keep praying man. Need a miracle it sounds like, but I know someone who's capable of delivering those, and he's an awesome God. Regardless of how this turns out, Mike Leach has had and will continue to have a huge impact on this sport and our program I believe.

Vandownbytheriver
12-12-2022, 12:34 AM
Yeah, love his coaching or hate it, there's no denying he's one hell of a good dude. We just gotta keep praying man. Need a miracle it sounds like, but I know someone who's capable of delivering those, and he's an awesome God. Regardless of how this turns out, Mike Leach has had and will continue to have a huge impact on this sport and our program I believe.

Unfortunately too many people want to have those hot takes and come across as edgy. I'll never for the life of me understand people who actively root for our coaches and teams to fail because they disagree with the philosophy of a game they don't actually play. All of these guys have families and are doing things most of us could only dream of. Hopefully if nothing else this gets the fan base all back on the same page because we have not been there since the Dak days. Now is the time to come together and not try to be the outlier some so desperately want to be.

Maverick91
12-12-2022, 01:17 AM
Preach boss!

Todd4State
12-12-2022, 01:21 AM

Amen! Your best post ever.

Cowbell
12-12-2022, 02:58 AM
Same here cadaver -despite my opinions on his scheme, I've always admired him as a coach and as a human being. He really is a national treasure. Hope he is able to pull through this. Praying now