PDA

View Full Version : Leach, Staff, and Bowl game

Lord McBuckethead
12-11-2022, 06:39 PM
We are all pulling for our Coach to get the attention he needs and make a speedy recovery. No one on here knows what is going on, but I am praying for Our Family member and leader of Our Team. I am not one to say I am Praying for this and that, but getting shipped to another Hospital could be serious or pretty ordinary. We don?t know, but whatever it is, Coach we are all thinking about you.

Given Arnett is taking the Helm for the near term, I am actually interested to seeing how the team performs under a slightly different coaching situation for the bowl game. For the first time in 3 years, Will is going to be getting play calls from a different coach with different sideline discussions. That could be an opportunity for our team to mix it up a little. Depending how the team rallies with the Head Ball Coach on the mend, it is going to be interesting.

Anyone know who is going to be in the cockpit for this offense if Leach isn?t back in 23 days? I am guessing either Spurrier or Mason Miller. Either way, it is going to interesting.

Get well Coach. In the meantime, go get ?em Bulldogs.

911mom
12-11-2022, 06:43 PM
Beautifully stated .

Leroy Jenkins
12-11-2022, 06:48 PM
Hughes is the Associate HC which means he's "technically" the 2IC. I do want to see Arnett run the show but why give people B.S. titles?

Coach34
12-11-2022, 08:11 PM
Hughes is the Associate HC which means he's "technically" the 2IC. I do want to see Arnett run the show but why give people B.S. titles?

Arnette is being given the keys because we will have a new football coach in 2023. This is his interview. Our final AD interviews this week just got a lot more intense

DownwardDawg
12-11-2022, 08:12 PM
Arnette is being given the keys because we will have a new football coach in 2023. This is his interview. Our final AD interviews this week just got a lot more intense

Wow

Coach34
12-11-2022, 08:19 PM
Yeah I'm not sure if Leach was going to wait until after the bowl game to announce retirement or if he was hoping to keep putting his problem off.

Lord McBuckethead
12-11-2022, 08:27 PM
Not sure if this is accurate, but man I really hope he is on the sideline in a couple weeks with renewed love of his game.

Quaoarsking
12-11-2022, 08:29 PM
Not sure if this is accurate, but man I really hope he is on the sideline in a couple weeks with renewed love of his game.

I'm just focusing on September. He's got 8 months to get back into shape physically and mentally.

Coach34
12-11-2022, 08:31 PM
I'm just focusing on September. He's got 8 months to get back into shape physically and mentally.

Leach has CHF. The hope is he makes it and can live out some years in Key West at this point. No way he coaches us in 2023

Quaoarsking
12-11-2022, 08:34 PM
Leach has CHF. The hope is he makes it and can live out some years in Key West at this point. No way he coaches us in 2023

Sorry, I'm not giving up on him until I hear something official.

Coach34
12-11-2022, 08:37 PM

totally fine. Just preparing people. I hope he makes it

TrapGame
12-11-2022, 08:40 PM

What? You don't trust Dr. Quinn, Medicine Coach?***

Seriously though this is probably the canary in the coal mine for Leach. I'd love for him to recover and return by spring but he may be realizing it's time to hang up the pirate hat.

Activated Alpha
12-11-2022, 08:43 PM

Now you know you can function with CHF right? Unless he has been hiding how severe it is and he is facing late stage heart failure with a sub EF of 10% then he can still work. Give him some Lasix and he sees a cardiologist on the regular with a specific diet

Coach34
12-11-2022, 08:46 PM
Now you know you can function with CHF right? Unless he has been hiding how severe it is and he is facing late stage heart failure with a sub EF of 10% then he can still work. Give him some Lasix and he sees a cardiologist on the regular with a specific diet

This wasnt discovered recently. Leach has known for awhile. We are just learning about it this Fall. Leach is done as our coach. I'm hoping like hell he lives and can enjoy some years in Key West before moving on

BuckyIsAB****
12-11-2022, 08:50 PM

I agree that he will probably not be here next year coaching, and honestly after this that is the smart thing to do. But he is tough.

I would just be careful about posting that kind of personal health information man. Not coming at you sideways but you know how it is

Coach34
12-11-2022, 08:54 PM
I agree that he will probably not be here next year coaching, and honestly after this that is the smart thing to do. But he is tough.

I would just be careful about posting that kind of personal health information man. Not coming at you sideways but you know how it is

It is what it is. I havent violated HIPPA because I wasnt involved with his info in any medical situation.

We are all hoping he lives
We want him to be in the best possible shape he can to live out his days
Rumor has it he coded twice today- that is strictly rumor. I repeat rumor.

But he wont be our coach in 2023.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2022, 09:09 PM
Life's more important than football. I really like Coach Leach but with what im hearing he needs to take care of himself and enjoy life for awhile and needs to step away from the stress of coaching. I wish he could stay at State but he needs to put health and family first now! I Pray he recovers completely and quickly!

Activated Alpha
12-11-2022, 09:16 PM
It is what it is. I havent violated HIPPA because I wasnt involved with his info in any medical situation.

We are all hoping he lives
We want him to be in the best possible shape he can to live out his days
Rumor has it he coded twice today- that is strictly rumor. I repeat rumor.

But he wont be our coach in 2023.

Holy. Shite. just got the update, but you are correct. This is beyond CHF. This is praying for the family type event

memsu06
12-12-2022, 01:21 AM
Praying Leach will pull through and be on our sidelines again.

It's not sounding good though. Even if he pulls out of it he's going to be out of commission for awhile.

I think we have a damn good staff right now and we need to keep them around. Make Arnett the head coach and find a Leach disciple for an OC.

I really don't see our new AD making drastic decisions after something like this.

Todd4State
12-12-2022, 01:24 AM
Praying Leach will pull through and be on our sidelines again.

It's not sounding good though. Even if he pulls out of it he's going to be out of commission for awhile.

I think we have a damn good staff right now and we need to keep them around. Make Arnett the head coach and find a Leach disciple for an OC.

I really don't see our new AD making drastic decisions after something like this.

May not have a choice. I know they were hoping to have a new AD by Christmas.

I hate to sound flippant but if I were MSU I would try to hire an assistant head coach if Leach wants to come back and is physically able to like a Chris Hatcher or someone like that who knows his system.

TNDawg35
12-12-2022, 06:04 AM
So who is planning on calling plays in the bowl game?

A thought, but make Arnette head coach, go hire Graham Harrell as OC.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-12-2022, 08:01 AM
I hope coach Leach heals. We are all pulling for him. But the odds of him being our coach in 2023 are less than 1%.

WinningIsRelentless
12-12-2022, 08:16 AM
So who is planning on calling plays in the bowl game?

A thought, but make Arnette head coach, go hire Graham Harrell as OC.

Now isn?t the time to be worrying about that. I?m sure Steve Jr will call the plays for the bowl game.

Pancho
12-12-2022, 08:25 AM
Now isn?t the time to be worrying about that. I?m sure Steve Jr will call the plays for the bowl game.

One would assume either Miller or Spurrier or a combination of both.

Santiago
12-12-2022, 08:31 AM
The team and staff right now, need prayers. Figure everything out later.

TrapGame
12-12-2022, 09:10 AM
The team and staff right now, need prayers. Figure everything out later.

Rosebowl said the staff and players found out about the same time yesterday and it was a bomb shell for all of them.

They are not worried about the bowl game right now.