PDA

View Full Version : Have watched every SEC Mens basketball team play this year

MoreCowbell
12-10-2022, 06:25 PM
Alabama is legit, physically and defensively we are the same but they have a little more offense.

Arkansas is good but not really physical and they start 3/4 freshman. We are better than them.

Auburn is solid but I cant tell if that?s a good matchup for us or bad. They can score, especially from 3. We play great defense that can neutralize that but sometimes shots fall even with Cam Matthews in your face. That game will be a toss up.

Tennessee is alright but we are better.

Every other team I have watched, including Kentucky we are better than. Bigger, faster, more physical, better defense. This season is gonna come down to who can drive and finish at the rim(Matthews, Jeffries) and who can step up from the 3 line (Davis, Jeffries). Jeffries is probably our most important player. If he can be consistent in his game we will be hell to deal with. We have great size length and speed, some of the best I have seen on any team this year. Also, I have yet to see a big man for any team that is on the level of Tolu.

Edited to add that we are also very deep. We have a really solid bench that is capable of coming in and not having a drop off.

SailingDawg
12-10-2022, 07:06 PM
Alabama came back from 15 down to beat their second number one team in the country.

parabrave
12-10-2022, 07:10 PM
We are better than Arky

parabrave
12-10-2022, 07:13 PM
Alabama is legit, physically and defensively we are the same but they have a little more offense.

Arkansas is good but not really physical and they start 3/4 freshman. We are better than them.

Auburn is solid but I cant tell if that?s a good matchup for us or bad. They can score, especially from 3. We play great defense that can neutralize that but sometimes shots fall even with Cam Matthews in your face. That game will be a toss up.

Tennessee is alright but we are better.

Every other team I have watched, including Kentucky we are better than. Bigger, faster, more physical, better defense. This season is gonna come down to who can drive and finish at the rim(Matthews, Jeffries) and who can step up from the 3 line (Davis, Jeffries). Jeffries is probably our most important player. If he can be consistent in his game we will be hell to deal with. We have great size length and speed, some of the best I have seen on any team this year. Also, I have yet to see a big man for any team that is on the level of Tolu.

Edited to add that we are also very deep. We have a really solid bench that is capable of coming in and not having a drop off.

And you are correct about Matthews and any other post player. We need them to be able to have an inside presence to take the pressure off Toulu/

msstate7
12-10-2022, 07:13 PM
We are better than Arky

Ark seems to start slow under their great coach, but get better and better. Brazille injury hurts them though

Rawdawg
12-10-2022, 08:06 PM
Arkansas, Alabama, Kentucky, and Tennessee all have something we haven?t seen all year, true scorers. All 4 teams have at least one guy that is gonna get his regardless of what is thrown at him. Limiting the random asshole in these games will be huge.

SpaceBully
12-11-2022, 03:06 PM
We are better than Arky

Who should we put on their 6'7" PG to slow him down? He's the real deal.

RocketDawg
12-11-2022, 04:24 PM
Alabama came back from 15 down to beat their second number one team in the country.

Without looking at HailState, isn't Alabama our first conference game? That's going to be a fun game - would be nice to knock them off. They have a really good team, but so do we.

MoreCowbell
12-11-2022, 04:29 PM
Who should we put on their 6'7" PG to slow him down? He's the real deal.

Matthews

Ari Gold
12-11-2022, 06:50 PM
Guys , I am as excited about the start of the season than anyone but let’s hit the brakes just a bit ..

99jc
12-11-2022, 06:53 PM
Guys , I am as excited about the start of the season than anyone but let’s hit the brakes just a bit ..

dont piss on the parade....we all know we are going to lose some games but damn let people dream.