PDA

View Full Version : Woody...

BeardoMSU
12-09-2022, 12:52 PM
This seems like good news...
https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1601273097616859139?t=-mu6bqPI9GrKKMo3fLbCLA&s=19

Kylesandi338
12-09-2022, 12:55 PM
Great Friday NEWS! We needed this. We should pick up some new faces soon and this will be a better offense than last year. Defense is locked and loaded. Good time to be a STATE fan! Future is bright!

Vandownbytheriver
12-09-2022, 01:00 PM
This kind of disproves some of the stuff being spewed by a few folks yesterday. Gotta love "sources."

BeardoMSU
12-09-2022, 01:01 PM
https://twitter.com/JoquaviousMarks/status/1601272305661136899?t=6S-mJx0yNOYk_8aNkPz8MQ&s=19

662dawg
12-09-2022, 01:04 PM
This seems like good news...
https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1601273097616859139?t=-mu6bqPI9GrKKMo3fLbCLA&s=19

This is going to piss the Cooterpooter off really bad. Along with a few others, but especially "it's imploding" Cooterpooter.

Really Clark?
12-09-2022, 01:06 PM
This kind of disproves some of the stuff being spewed by a few folks yesterday. Gotta love "sources."

Huh? At worst some was saying it was 50/50 earlier yesterday and several said last night things were trending better our way. Coaches were meeting with him. I don't recall anyone siting sources that he was gone or it was looking bad b

Commercecomet24
12-09-2022, 01:06 PM
Apparently Leach hasn't "lost" the team just a few malcontents. Smh

Vandownbytheriver
12-09-2022, 01:09 PM
Huh? At worst some was saying it was 50/50 earlier yesterday and several said last night things were trending better our way. Coaches were meeting with him. I don't recall anyone siting sources that he was gone or it was looking bad b

You had a biblical long thread of people claiming Leach had lost the team and the transfers were just getting started. And their sources were bigger than other sources. Text chains, first hand accounts, locker rooms sources, etc. You have people actively rooting for the team to implode because of Leach.

MafiaDawg
Nailed it coach.

BeardoMSU

I clearly drank the kool-aid (chased with some bourbon) the other night...glad to be wrong.

Leroy Jenkins
12-09-2022, 01:11 PM
Nothing is ever as good, or as bad, as first reported.

Coach34

Considering we sent Coaches to his house last night to convince him to stay- I'd say the sources have been pretty good

Commercecomet24
Every team is gonna lose some players every year it's just something everyone has to get used to now. Doesn't mean coach is losing his team just the way it is now. No need to freak out it's the new cfb and it sucks. Heck we didn't even make the top 15 of worse portal losses but om, am, Tennessee, Vandy and arky did! Arky was #1!

Vandownbytheriver
12-09-2022, 01:12 PM
Considering we sent Coaches to his house last night to convince him to stay- I'd say the sources have been pretty good

No offense, but I don't ever believe shit you say. So carry on telling yourself how smart you are.

Commercecomet24
12-09-2022, 01:12 PM
Nothing is ever as good, or as bad, as first reported.

100%

Commercecomet24
12-09-2022, 01:14 PM
I clearly drank the kool-aid (chased with some bourbon) the other night...glad to be wrong.

This new cfb era has everyone freaking out. I've got family in bama and they are wondering what's wrong with Saban since he's got some starters leaving lol

Coach34
12-09-2022, 01:18 PM
No offense, but I don't ever believe shit you say. So carry on telling yourself how smart you are.

Rosebowl and Paul said it- not me

HoopsDawg
12-09-2022, 01:18 PM

Really haven't lost anyone that isn't easily replaceable so far except maybe RaRa, but we've got a good shot with the kid from ODU. Nice job by Charlie and the staff.

GoDawgz
12-09-2022, 01:21 PM
With Woody confirming staying, kudos to him for being true Maroon, we are in a lot better shape than some other teams.
We still need to pay Arnett whatever he wants though!!

662dawg
12-09-2022, 01:23 PM

As I said yesterday, the locker room has been amazing until recently when a few went rogue & thought they were worth way more than they actually are & Leach refused to be held hostage by these few players. Horrible people in these young men's ears. The guys that pulled this won't be back & the locker room will be as great as ever & the team will be even better without them.

None of this ever had to do with Leach being "old school" or "mean". People saying this hate Leach more than they love the University for whatever weird reason it may be.

And I'll say it again. Contrary to the fake news being posted on here, A LOT of players were really pissed at how DJ handled his situation. Not the other way around.

Marks & Price are going to be pretty stout next year. Price will give us a more shifty back for 2023, but you can't beat Marks experience. Add Davis & Pittman & our running back group is stouter than it's ever been in the Leach era.

Cowbell
12-09-2022, 01:23 PM

Calling them malcontents might be a bit disrespectful. I appreciate everything DJ put on the line for us.

Cowbell
12-09-2022, 01:24 PM
Really haven't lost anyone that isn't easily replaceable so far except maybe RaRa, but we've got a good shot with the kid from ODU. Nice job by Charlie and the staff.

ODU?

662dawg
12-09-2022, 01:26 PM
You had a biblical long thread of people claiming Leach had lost the team and the transfers were just getting started. And their sources were bigger than other sources. Text chains, first hand accounts, locker rooms sources, etc. You have people actively rooting for the team to implode because of Leach.

Agreed & none of that was ever even remotely true as my source is literally straight from a LEADER inside the locker room & he called it BS.

662dawg
12-09-2022, 01:31 PM

No. They were saying the locker room was lost bc Leach is old school, this is the end of Leach, he's so mean & on & on & on. It was always BS. Contrary to the ignorance posted on here, the players & other coaches LOVE Leach. Both sides of the ball.

As far as having to recruit your own players. Welcome to the new college football world. That's not news & no one even needs a source to know that. It's not a sign of any of the sky is falling mess we've had to read the past few days.

Leroy Jenkins
12-09-2022, 01:32 PM
ODU?

Old Dominion. Ali Jennings.

Really Clark?
12-09-2022, 01:34 PM

This thread is about Woody. That wasn't happening with this player. Even when it came to specific players, they had to back off of that.

662dawg
12-09-2022, 01:36 PM

Over 2,000 yards receiving the last two years & 14 tds. Over 17 yards per catch. Seems to be a legit deep threat. Something we've been lacking.

This would be a nice get. Maybe meany can pull it off.

Todd4State
12-09-2022, 01:38 PM

People see what we lose.

I see this as the potential to replace them with someone better.

Vandownbytheriver
12-09-2022, 01:39 PM
This thread is about Woody. That wasn't happening with this player. Even when it came to specific players, they had to back off of that.

The thread in question was literally titled Woody and DJ. Those two were the reason all that crap started yesterday. Those two players, Woody and DJ.

BlackSailsDawg
12-09-2022, 01:41 PM

The coaches were there today.

Really Clark?
12-09-2022, 01:43 PM
The thread in question was literally titled Woody and DJ. Those two were the reason all that crap started yesterday. Those two players, Woody and DJ.

And I'm not talking the general sky is falling crap. Or the 15 pages of 28 and 662 fighting over DJ. In the end they were both right, he left. Why or who is to blame is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

When it came to those specific players in that thread and the WOODY portion was discussed, there were not all of these people claiming sources that he was gone or pissed at Leach. Honestly when it came to Woody most on both sides to the extremes were closer to the middle on where we stood with him.

Vandownbytheriver
12-09-2022, 01:47 PM
And I'm not talking the general sky is falling crap. When it came to those specific players in that thread and the WOODY portion was discussed, there were no people claiming sources that he was gone or pissed at Leach. Honestly when it came to Woody most on both sides to the extremes were closer to the middle on where we stood with him.

Fair enough. I do think it's fair to state that when people are claiming the entire offensive side of the ball outside of Will hates Leach, that would include other players. Too many people want to extreme it one way or the other when the only people who truly know are the ones behind closed doors. Now when the next kid hits he portal, those same people will be claiming the sky is falling again. Having dealt with college athletes in the past, no one outside of the kid himself knows what's going on in their head. It literally can change from conversation to conversation.

Commercecomet24
Calling them malcontents might be a bit disrespectful. I appreciate everything DJ put on the line for us.

I like DJ too and he's listening to the wrong people. That being said what he put on social media was wrong and trying to stir the pot with other players is the very definition of malcontent. I appreciate what he did on the field but I don't respect his exit. JMO

DownwardDawg
Looks like Leach and staff have all this shit completely under control. Some people need to STFU.

Vandownbytheriver
12-09-2022, 01:49 PM
I like DJ too and he's listening to the wrong people. That being said what he put on social media was wrong and trying to stir the pot with other players is the very definition of malcontent. I appreciate what he did on the field but I don't respect his exit. JMO

How is it disrespectful to call him malcontent, but in the same breath bash the coaching staff and that be fine? That's what I don't get. Keep the same rules for both sides.

Cowbell
12-09-2022, 01:50 PM

Thank you sir / awesome

yjnkdawg

100% agree CC

dawgday166

You're the most reasonable, respectful, and accurate poster on this board IMO. Malcontent just means unhappy ... it's not disrespectful at all.

Really Clark?
12-09-2022, 01:51 PM

This^^^

Todd4State
12-09-2022, 01:53 PM

Exactly. People try to make this so black and white.

He was good and then something changed and he made a poor decision with how he worded his graphic.

Doesn't mean he was a malcontent or a problem the whole time he was here. I just hope he learns a lesson from this.

662dawg
12-09-2022, 01:53 PM
And I'm not talking the general sky is falling crap. Or the 15 pages of 28 and 662 fighting over DJ. In the end they were both right, he left. Why or who is to blame is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

When it came to those specific players in that thread and the WOODY portion was discussed, there were not all of these people claiming sources that he was gone or pissed at Leach. Honestly when it came to Woody most on both sides to the extremes were closer to the middle on where we stood with him.

I was arguing about the locker room. Both couldn't be right. I knew for a fact the ones saying all is lost in the locker room was wrong. I don't remember giving my opinion either way about Woody bc I really didn't care either way, but his experience will be great for 2023. He won't be the most talented back on the roster next year, but I'm glad he is coming back & he will be a key part of the team.

yjnkdawg
12-09-2022, 01:54 PM
Looks like Leach and staff have all this shit completely under control. Some people need to STFU.

Agree but we know they won't. Some just come out from under their rock to post on here when they have something negative they can post concerning our coaches or football program. They always know what's best since they are there in practices and down on the field during games.***

Cowbell
How is it disrespectful to call him malcontent, but in the same breath bash the coaching staff and that be fine? That's what I don't get. Keep the same rules for both sides.

Nobody is questioning DJs on field performance / I respect CCs opinion on it now that he explained. Leach not being a good OC is totally different subject and can be scrutinized due to his pay grade.

Todd4State

MSU fans are bad in general about blaming the coach too much and the players not enough.

State82
12-09-2022, 01:55 PM

Absolutely correct. And as for Woody....this is most outstanding news.

Lord McBuckethead
12-09-2022, 01:55 PM
Texas AM was number 1 with 20 so far.

Vandownbytheriver
12-09-2022, 01:58 PM
Nobody is questioning DJs on field performance / I respect CCs opinion on it now that he explained. Leach not being a good OC is totally different subject and can be scrutinized due to his pay grade.

Now that they are paid and we are expected to help pay them with NIL, they most certainly are held to the same standard. They are no longer amateur athletes and some make more in a year than the people contributing to the fund to pay them. If you don't like Leach as the coach that's one thing, some people are actively trying to get the man fired and post outlandish shit behind user names and Twitter handles because their opinions don't matter in everyday situations that matter. We have given too much power to random people on the internet who don't really know anything about a particular subject. Not everyone needs a voice on every situation.

BlackSailsDawg
12-09-2022, 01:59 PM

Yet Leach is winning!

He's winning off the field too.

This staff is retaining most of the defense that could have left and gone elsewhere. The staff is staying. The all out assault by some is unfounded and absurd.

BlackSailsDawg
12-09-2022, 02:00 PM
Now that they are paid and we are expected to help pay them with NIL, they most certainly are held to the same standard. They are no longer amateur athletes and some make more in a year than the people contributing to the fund to pay them. If you don't like Leach as the coach that's one thing, some people are actively trying to get the man fired and post outlandish shit behind user names and Twitter handles because their opinions don't matter in everyday situations that matter. We have given too much power to random people on the internet who don't really know anything about a particular subject. Not everyone needs a voice on every situation.

This may be the post of the year!

Quaoarsking
12-09-2022, 02:11 PM
Womp womp haters. Get on board or start cheering for Ole Miss.

Really Clark?
12-09-2022, 02:12 PM
I was arguing about the locker room. Both couldn't be right. I knew for a fact the ones saying all is lost in the locker room was wrong. I don't remember giving my opinion either way about Woody bc I really didn't care either way, but his experience will be great for 2023. He won't be the most talented back on the roster next year, but I'm glad he is coming back & he will be a key part of the team.

Oh I know that was the bulk of y'all's argument. I thought I recalled DJ too but that may have just been all the other mixed in. That is a cluster of a thread. Lol

662dawg
12-09-2022, 02:14 PM
Oh I know that was the bulk of y'all's argument. I thought I recalled DJ too but that may have just been all the other mixed in. That is a cluster of a thread. Lol

Yes DJ came up several times. It has to do with the locker room haha... And yes it is lol

Tater
12-09-2022, 03:07 PM

You said Bookie said he entered the transfer portal.

Bookie did not.

You're not a trustworthy source of knowledge.

HancockCountyDog
12-09-2022, 03:09 PM

Bookie did not.

Damn - Bookie out here destroying running backs and reputations.

Five tool player.

Coach34
12-09-2022, 03:14 PM

Bookie did not.

I posted his tweet and his exact words. All you can do is take a player at his word

Tater
12-09-2022, 03:30 PM
I posted his tweet and his exact words. All you can do is take a player at his word

Not in this day and age.

Adapt. Improvise. Overcome. Gotta be better than just resting on your laurels.

EdwardDrayton
12-09-2022, 05:03 PM
Where does Woody Marks go when he needs to clear his head and make an important decision.

Home.

That's a solid Forever Dawg.

TALL DAWG
12-09-2022, 05:11 PM
Yes, as usual by a few on here and SPS.
Some folks just need a chill pill.

MaroonFlounder
12-09-2022, 05:19 PM
Ole cooter poot hasn't weighed in.

According to him the football program was on life support.

Nobody that has jumped into the portal is irreplaceable.

And I believe the autonomy that Arnett has...means he will allow us to meet his $$ desires to stay.

Poor sources for the cooter.

DEDawg
12-09-2022, 05:26 PM

What are you even talking about? We literally had to haul ass to his house and convince him to come back. He put out a twitter post declaring his decision. He clearly was on the fence and a very serious threat to leave. Y?all say the dumbest stuff

662dawg
12-09-2022, 05:40 PM
What are you even talking about? We literally had to haul ass to his house and convince him to come back. He put out a twitter post declaring his decision. He clearly was on the fence and a very serious threat to leave. Y?all say the dumbest stuff

Ummm yea? This isn't breaking news. Every coach on every team has to re-recruit their current players every single year now.

Unless you're a Bookie Watson, Nathan Pickering, Jett Johnson or Will Rogers & have a loyalty that's very rare in college athletes these days. It's the new college football world & it sucks.

Thinking otherwise is what's dumb.

Bdawg
12-09-2022, 06:33 PM
This new cfb era has everyone freaking out. I've got family in bama and they are wondering what's wrong with Saban since he's got some starters leaving lol

Wonder why a starter would leave Bama? Hmmm? maybe I could make this a slight joke now that I think about it? Answer: GO TO GEORGIA!!!

But seriously, wonder why a starter leaves there?

msudawg1200
12-09-2022, 06:59 PM
Ole cooter poot hasn't weighed in.

According to him the football program was on life support.

Nobody that has jumped into the portal is irreplaceable.

And I believe the autonomy that Arnett has...means he will allow us to meet his $$ desires to stay.

Poor sources for the cooter.

Bad day for the Leach haters and Lane Slobknobbers. There's a few of you that need to go root for the Bearz. The "real" Dawgs sure as hell won't miss any of you miserable fricks.

Catfish
12-09-2022, 07:16 PM
Bad day for the Leach haters and Lane Slobknobbers. There's a few of you that need to go root for the Bearz. The "real" Dawgs sure as hell won't miss any of you miserable fricks.

Rep given!!

MrCoachKlein
12-09-2022, 08:28 PM

The only thing more wrong and annoying than Rosie are his 2 hour top 10 list spread through his podcast making it unlistenable ha

Dawgtini
12-10-2022, 02:56 AM
As I said yesterday, the locker room has been amazing until recently when a few went rogue & thought they were worth way more than they actually are & Leach refused to be held hostage by these few players. Horrible people in these young men's ears. The guys that pulled this won't be back & the locker room will be as great as ever & the team will be even better without them.

None of this ever had to do with Leach being "old school" or "mean". People saying this hate Leach more than they love the University for whatever weird reason it may be.

And I'll say it again. Contrary to the fake news being posted on here, A LOT of players were really pissed at how DJ handled his situation. Not the other way around.

Marks & Price are going to be pretty stout next year. Price will give us a more shifty back for 2023, but you can't beat Marks experience. Add Davis & Pittman & our running back group is stouter than it's ever been in the Leach era.

Bravo! Well said!

dotcomdawg
12-10-2022, 07:59 AM

Welcome to off-season coaching/recruiting in the portal/NIL era. Coaches who aren't doing this are the handful of programs/coaches like Alabama/Saban, or are old-school and don't comprehend the new world of college athletics. Looks like we had a good save with Marks.

BB30
12-10-2022, 08:42 AM

"Literally" every program has a few guys they have to do this with every year now even the big dogs with plenty of money.

You want state to take the next step and have consistent seasons where they manage to beat 3 top 8 teams, two being on the road and don't have a slip up game against Ky on the road? Start donating significantly more money.

That is what it's going to take to get those of you that expect alabama and UGA results on a budget not even a quarter of the size of those schools.

Any state fan so upset with this season that they want the coaching staff gone lives in looney tunes land and or did not sit through the croom years going to all of those games. Maine still sticks in my mind. Yes, we were losing to teams named Maine.

The only losses were to LSU(on road at night),KY (on the road), UGA(home) and Bama (on the road)

Those that expect us to consistently beat LSU, UGA and bama in the same season need to open that pocket book up and start donating millions in NIL. Either do that or quit complaining.

Again, we will always be a 6-6 to 9-3 team with an outside shot at 10+ every 4-5 years regardless of who the head coach is. Now we are more than capable of being worse than that with the wrong hire. But it's going to take more money to make the jump a lot of y'all are wanting to see.

Really Clark?
12-10-2022, 09:00 AM
"Literally" every program has a few guys they have to do this with every year now even the big dogs with plenty of money.

You want state to take the next step and have consistent seasons where they manage to beat 3 top 8 teams, two being on the road and don't have a slip up game against Ky on the road? Start donating significantly more money.

That is what it's going to take to get those of you that expect alabama and UGA results on a budget not even a quarter of the size of those schools.

Any state fan so upset with this season that they want the coaching staff gone lives in looney tunes land and or did not sit through the croom years going to all of those games. Maine still sticks in my mind. Yes, we were losing to teams named Maine.

The only losses were to LSU(on road at night),KY (on the road), UGA(home) and Bama (on the road)

Those that expect us to consistently beat LSU, UGA and bama in the same season need to open that pocket book up and start donating millions in NIL. Either do that or quit complaining.

Again, we will always be a 6-6 to 9-3 team with an outside shot at 10+ every 4-5 years regardless of who the head coach is. Now we are more than capable of being worse than that with the wrong hire. But it's going to take more money to make the jump a lot of y'all are wanting to see.

You bring up good points but our budget is not less than a quarter of those schools. Not anywhere close to that. Depending on the year our budget is about 70-80% of LSU (76% in 2021). And over half to 65% of Bama"s / Georgia's budget. Some years closer to half of their budget but some almost 65% of their budget.

Schultzy
12-10-2022, 09:00 AM

Seems to me Woody been playing 3D chess concerning NIL and the RB room. Smart move in this new economy.

yjnkdawg
12-10-2022, 11:17 AM
Seems to me Woody been playing 3D chess concerning NIL and the RB room. Smart move in this new economy.

He must have been promised that we would run the ball more or I doubt he would be back. He's a running back and a running back wants to run the ball, and he knew running the ball worked and added to the effectiveness of this offense. I don't think the NIL was the main factor in his decision.

Todd4State
12-10-2022, 11:06 PM
He must have been promised that we would run the ball more or I doubt he would be back. He's a running back and a running back wants to run the ball, and he knew running the ball worked and added to the effectiveness of this offense. I don't think the NIL was the main factor in his decision.

He's very close to being the SEC all time leader in receptions. And is a lock to be the top RB in receptions in SEC history. That was probably what was sold to him among other things- such as don't listen to people that don't have your best interests at heart. I'm sure NIL was a factor as well. Johnson leaving makes him THE guy next year at RB too.

I can't see Leach promising touches to any player.

yjnkdawg
12-10-2022, 11:21 PM
He's very close to being the SEC all time leader in receptions. And is a lock to be the top RB in receptions in SEC history. That was probably what was sold to him among other things- such as don't listen to people that don't have your best interests at heart. I'm sure NIL was a factor as well. Johnson leaving makes him THE guy next year at RB too.

I can't see Leach promising touches to any player.

I didn't say the NIL wasn't a factor. I said I don't think it was the main factor in his decision. He was recruited here as a running back in an option offense and running backs want to run the ball. Whatever was discussed on his upcoming on going role as a running back, he must have liked or at least agreed too. We will see if CML's offense has more designed running plays after all that went down.

Todd4State
12-11-2022, 12:40 AM
I didn't say the NIL wasn't a factor. I said I don't think it was the main factor in his decision. He was recruited here as a running back in an option offense and running backs want to run the ball. Whatever was discussed on his upcoming on going role as a running back, he must have liked or at least agreed too. We will see if CML's offense has more designed running plays after all that went down.

I doubt we'll have more designed runs. Leach is always going to have a QB centered offense where the QB mostly makes the calls. That's one thing a lot of our fans don't understand about Leach and his offense. The QB has a lot more freedom than most coaches allow their QB to have. We're going to run the ball when we have the numbers in our favor in the box. Marks was recruited here for an RPO offense that was allegedly balanced run/pass.

I highly suspect what happened is someone outside of MSU got in Johnson and Marks ear about some things and convinced them to do some things that are outside their character in hopes of benefitting the outside person. Hopefully MSU has that under control now. I think Johnson went to a point of no return essentially before we could fix the issue but at least we got Marks back in the fold.