PDA

View Full Version : So the video that sent DJ in to a soy rage

Op4isabitch
12-08-2022, 11:29 AM
Was basically a big fat nothing burger. After seeing it I was massively disappointed.

We?ve become one big fat soft ass country.

MafiaDawg
12-08-2022, 11:34 AM
No one wants an opinion on a video unless you post the video.

Mathiston
Where is the link?

Duckdog
No, we haven't these weak kids have. Everyone wins a trophy types. Screw em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Op4isabitch
12-08-2022, 11:39 AM
It’ll be out today. As I said it’s a big fat nothing. ��*♂️

StarkVegasSteve
12-08-2022, 11:42 AM
Yea I held judgement til I saw the video. This is much ado about nothing.

MafiaDawg
12-08-2022, 11:45 AM
Who recorded it? Only a matter of time before that gets out. He won?t be on the team.

msstate7
12-08-2022, 11:50 AM
Who recorded it? Only a matter of time before that gets out. He won?t be on the team.

According to who it was.

Matt3467
12-08-2022, 11:53 AM

What if it was Will Rogers?

confucius say
12-08-2022, 11:55 AM
So DJ lied when he said the reason he was leaving is since leach said he doesn't want him and he's not tough? The truth is he informed us he was leaving and then leach made the comments. I like DJ, but that's a bad look.

Matt3467
12-08-2022, 12:00 PM
So DJ lied when he said the reason he was leaving is since leach said he doesn't want him and he's not tough? The truth is he informed us he was leaving and then leach made the comments. I like DJ, but that's a bad look.

Yea and I never understood the hate some are directing at Leach for it anyway. The majority of the ones that are offended are those that never cared for Leach anyway so it's hard to not see a bias there but if we get to the point where a coach can't tell another player he isn't tough then I don't know. There's probably not a coach in D1 right now that hasn't said worse.

confucius say
12-08-2022, 12:02 PM
It's also not the first time DJ has lied publicly. Just saying.
From all accounts he's a good kid, just has to grow up some.

MafiaDawg
12-08-2022, 12:03 PM
What if it was Will Rogers?

Yes

Commercecomet24
12-08-2022, 12:03 PM

Yes I'm finding out this is exactly what happened. There's a lot of players not happy with dj and Rara right now for stirring this up.

WinningIsRelentless
12-08-2022, 12:07 PM
Yea the video isn?t that big of a deal. The problem for Leach is you gain nothing by saying that to another player. The only thing that could come out of something like that is dividing the football building.

confucius say
12-08-2022, 12:11 PM
Was the comment about toughness a generic comment, or was it specifically about being physically tougher? I can't see the latter bc DJ played tough imo. But I could totally understand if it was the former, because he does not seem mentally tough.

Matt3467
12-08-2022, 12:13 PM
Yes

I said that in jest obviously but there's no way even if it was Leach would show him the road.

WinningIsRelentless
Was the comment about toughness a generic comment, or was it specifically about being physically tougher? I can't see the latter bc DJ played tough imo. But I could totally understand if it was the former, because he does not seem mentally tough.
?Dillion Johnson is leaving and I?m sorta glad because I don?t think he?s tough?

662dawg

All evidence is pointing in the direction of his mental toughness. My evidence is DJ himself.

662dawg
12-08-2022, 12:14 PM
Yes I'm finding out this is exactly what happened. There's a lot of players not happy with dj and Rara right now for stirring this up.

Fact check: true

And Bookies joke tweet last night was very likely a shot at DJ.

confucius say
12-08-2022, 12:15 PM
?Dillion Johnson is leaving and I?m sorta glad because I don?t think he?s tough?

So generic. Yea my guess from hearing leach's rants is he's talking about mental toughness.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uZaOFTp5_C8

Commercecomet24
12-08-2022, 12:18 PM

Bookie and Jett both. The kids I know ain't happy about it either.

Mjoelner34
12-08-2022, 12:27 PM
There's a lot of players not happy with dj and Rara right now for stirring this up.

But a lot of posters on here sure are.

Tater
12-08-2022, 12:30 PM

I need to burn some calories while sitting at a desk job all day. My doctor probably happy I'm having my heart rate move up a bit.

DownwardDawg
12-08-2022, 01:02 PM
I told everyone to chill last night!!!!

Commercecomet24
12-08-2022, 01:08 PM
I told everyone to chill last night!!!!

Yep!

Commercecomet24
12-08-2022, 01:17 PM
I'm telling y'all this is the equivalent of a kid saying "I'm taking my ball and going home and I'm not gonna play with you anymore". Lot of immaturity these days.

Churchill
12-08-2022, 01:21 PM
I would also bet he got an offer before he entered the portal.

Todd4State
12-08-2022, 01:29 PM
I'm telling y'all this is the equivalent of a kid saying "I'm taking my ball and going home and I'm not gonna play with you anymore". Lot of immaturity these days.

Yep. And usually when you're on a team and guys like that are gone usually the whole team is happy.

bulldawg28
12-08-2022, 01:30 PM

Stop it with the speculation. Since you understand team dynamics why haven't any offensive starters come out to defend Leach? Other than Will..lol

confucius say
12-08-2022, 01:32 PM
Stop it with the speculation. Since you understand team dynamics why haven't any offensive starters come out to defend Leach? Other than Will..lol

Defend him from what? The only statement out there is DJ's and the audio speaks for itself. What would they defend him about?

ImissCityBagel
12-08-2022, 01:35 PM
The grass is always greener. I guess this is a good age to learn this lesson

662dawg
12-08-2022, 01:37 PM
Defend him from what? The only statement out there is DJ's and the audio speaks for itself. What would they defend him about?

Exactly. Are they supposed to just come out & call Dillon a liar being that he lied? Lol. In fact Leach has probably asked them to stay away from the topic for now. He doesn't need defending. DJ is doing an amazing job of outing himself.

bulldawg28
12-08-2022, 01:52 PM
Exactly. Are they supposed to just come out & call Dillon a liar being that he lied? Lol. In fact Leach has probably asked them to stay away from the topic for now. He doesn't need defending. DJ is doing an amazing job of outing himself.

So is Leach

662dawg
12-08-2022, 01:53 PM
Explain? Bc only one person has been caught lying. I'll wait.

Todd4State
12-08-2022, 01:54 PM

How many are defending Dillion? That's the real question. Which is zero.

662dawg
12-08-2022, 02:08 PM

Instead they're taking shots at him. At least two already have.

Johnson85
12-08-2022, 02:20 PM

^^^THIS is very true and it's perplexing. I got tired of Crooms unwillingness to be accountable and his whining, but never really disliked him, but even if I had, I don't think I would have been excited when bad things happened just because they were bad for him at the same time they were bad for State. Even if we hired Freeze, I don't think I'd get excited about things going south.

HancockCountyDog
12-08-2022, 02:41 PM

Well i know Tulu posted what I thought was a supportive message on twitter.

I think speculating that DJ wasn't well liked in the locker room is a mistake.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-08-2022, 02:47 PM
Dillon Johnson and Mike Leach are grown men as far as I?m concerned. They have a beef between them and that?s fine. Each one made a mistake IMO. It?s unfortunate we all are able to see it in public

Pancho
12-08-2022, 02:49 PM
and both will be paid way less than what they feel worth next season.......

662dawg
12-08-2022, 02:52 PM

DJ was well liked in the locker room. And by all accounts a good kid who's made a few mistakes. He became a problem recently. I figure the players still like him, but many of them are very upset at how he handled this. Both are true.

yjnkdawg
12-08-2022, 02:53 PM
Explain? Bc only one person has been caught lying. I'll wait.

28 hates CML or at least he hates his offense. So anything possibly or allegedly negative concerning CML is a win for him.

KentuckyDawg13
12-08-2022, 02:55 PM
Even with the typos.

HancockCountyDog
12-08-2022, 03:00 PM
DJ was well liked in the locker room. And by all accounts a good kid who's made a few mistakes. He became a problem recently. I figure the players still like him, but many of them are very upset at how he handled this. Both are true.

At the end of the day, it was a mistake by CML to shit talk DJ on his way out. I think we can all agree on that.

Whoever recorded CML needs to GTFO as well.

I'm sure whoever recorded it sent it to DJ after he decided to transfer and just like anyone else, Im sure that pissed him off and so he threw that in his post. Not a great look, but at the end of the day this is a nothing burger if CML just doesn't shit talk a guy leaving the team. Its not that hard and in this day and age it is something he is going to have to learn to not do, because it makes him look petty.

Now if CML wanted to tell DJ to his face that i'm glad you are leaving, I think you are soft, then I have no problem with it. Bobby Knight would say that to his players face all the time.

Todd4State
12-08-2022, 03:05 PM

He tweeted a handshake emoji. The way I took it was it was a good bye and good luck.

I don't think things are as black and white as everyone likes this dude or everyone hates this dude.

But as far as DJ's actions no one is supporting him.

Often times the best payback is to get to work and prove the person wrong.

bulldawg28
12-08-2022, 03:06 PM
28 hates CML or at least he hates his offense. So anything possibly or allegedly negative concerning CML is a win for him.

I'm pro university. Leach is an outdated coach that's unwilling to change.

R2Dawg
12-08-2022, 03:35 PM
Dillon Johnson and Mike Leach are grown men as far as I?m concerned. They have a beef between them and that?s fine. Each one made a mistake IMO. It?s unfortunate we all are able to see it in public

Probably the most true statement I've read on this subject. I don't know what went on like 99% don't but none of this should have been displayed in public.

Dillion is still learning life (not an excuse, just a fact) and he like all young people got some growing up to do. Leach is fully grown so I hold him more accountable. My knock on Leach is stop making player attacks in open media - do that in locker room man to man if it needs to be done. That never lands well. I don't want any coach pandering to players but not roasting them in public either.

R2Dawg
12-08-2022, 03:36 PM
At the end of the day, it was a mistake by CML to shit talk DJ on his way out. I think we can all agree on that.

Whoever recorded CML needs to GTFO as well.

I'm sure whoever recorded it sent it to DJ after he decided to transfer and just like anyone else, Im sure that pissed him off and so he threw that in his post. Not a great look, but at the end of the day this is a nothing burger if CML just doesn't shit talk a guy leaving the team. Its not that hard and in this day and age it is something he is going to have to learn to not do, because it makes him look petty.

Now if CML wanted to tell DJ to his face that i'm glad you are leaving, I think you are soft, then I have no problem with it. Bobby Knight would say that to his players face all the time.

Agree, good post.

Kylesandi338
12-08-2022, 03:42 PM
I'm pro university. Leach is an outdated coach that's unwilling to change.

I will take a 8-4 Mike leach over your opinion that we should be OLE MISS offense type of team. Your opinion is irrelevant to anyone here because you are blinded with Hatred. No one ask you to like our offense, but everyone ask you to stop hijacking all the post with your HATE! You need to learn keyboard control like Hugh freeze is learning twitter control.

HancockCountyDog
12-08-2022, 03:58 PM
He tweeted a handshake emoji. The way I took it was it was a good bye and good luck.

I don't think things are as black and white as everyone likes this dude or everyone hates this dude.

But as far as DJ's actions no one is supporting him.

Often times the best payback is to get to work and prove the person wrong.

He tweeted "I feel ya brudda" That seems supportive to me, but to each his own.

bulldawg28
12-08-2022, 04:07 PM
I will take a 8-4 Mike leach over your opinion that we should be OLE MISS offense type of team. Your opinion is irrelevant to anyone here because you are blinded with Hatred. No one ask you to like our offense, but everyone ask you to stop hijacking all the post with your HATE! You need to learn keyboard control like Hugh freeze is learning twitter control.

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone over an opinion board. The truth is evident that the offense sucks. Leach has the power to change and fix it. If he doesn't those 8 wins will not happen again soon. EVERY SEC team we beat will be better. You can't say that about our offensive team.

confucius say
12-08-2022, 04:17 PM
I'm not trying to convince you or anyone over an opinion board. The truth is evident that the offense sucks. Leach has the power to change and fix it. If he doesn't those 8 wins will not happen again soon. EVERY SEC team we beat will be better. You can't say that about our offensive team.

We need a qb who can stretch the field either with his arm or his legs. Both would be a bonus. We have neither.
It's honestly a little surprising we scored as much as we did.

662dawg
12-08-2022, 04:23 PM
We need a qb who can stretch the field either with his arm or his legs. Both would be a bonus. We have neither.

It really is. Borderline miraculous what Leach has done with so many limitations. And we really didn't even have a shifty running back that could break big plays consistently or take it to the house either. A recipe for disaster & we won 8 games this year.

confucius say
12-08-2022, 04:37 PM
It really is. Borderline miraculous what Leach has done with so many limitations. And we really didn't even have a shifty running back that could break big plays consistently or take it to the house either. A recipe for disaster & we won 8 games this year.

And i know a lot was our defense. But our offense was 5th in points per game and 8th in yards. Our defense was 7th in ppg and 5th in yards.
I love will, but we just need a big time qb

662dawg
12-08-2022, 04:48 PM
And i know a lot was our defense. But our offense was 5th in points per game and 8th in yards. Our defense was 7th in ppg and 5th in yards.
I love will, but we just need a big time qb

No lies detected.

Santiago
12-08-2022, 04:52 PM

agree, and it is the kid who is not the fastest for his position with no break away speed, and complaining that he needs to showcase running in a phone booth to make it to the NFL.

Santiago
12-08-2022, 04:54 PM
that movie, Jerry McGuire, when Jerry tells the player he has no heart...the player reacts to prove him wrong.
DJ could not respond in that manner.

bulldawg28
12-08-2022, 04:58 PM

Yep, any vertical game and this offense could be deadly with some sort of a Qb run threat.