PDA

View Full Version : Jake Mangum Traded

Really Clark?
12-08-2022, 10:12 AM
Now a Marlin. He is the player to be named later in trade earlier this season.

BrunswickDawg
12-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Now a Marlin. He is the player to be named later in trade earlier this season.

Bad team, better opportunity. Won't be surprised if he makes the squad out of Spring Training.

State82
12-08-2022, 10:16 AM
Bad team, better opportunity. Won't be surprised if he makes the squad out of Spring Training.

Yeah I don't care which team he's with I just want to see him make it.

msstate7
12-08-2022, 10:16 AM
Probably his best shot at an Mlb stint. Still not that great... backing up bleday and Sanchez

ETA... de la Cruz is in that mix too. All are younger than jake too

Really Clark?
12-08-2022, 10:19 AM

Yeah a much better opportunity. They won't have to put him on the 40 man roster though so probably start him in AAA. But I could see him being an extra outfielder to start. Kind of thought someone might have took him in the Rule 5 but players get through that surprises me a good bit.

parabrave
12-08-2022, 02:21 PM

Really good opportunity.

Dawg_Lover
12-08-2022, 02:21 PM
Cheering for Jake to reach his field of dreams no matter where it is. He is a fine young man and deserves it.

Todd4State
12-08-2022, 03:11 PM
Same team as Tanner Allen. He'll probably start out in AAA but I wouldn't be surprised if he gives himself a long look with a good spring training.

Saltydog
12-08-2022, 06:51 PM
I don't see TA starting out in AAA. He's struggled mightily in his time in the minors......I think he's hit less than .200........

BuckyIsAB****
12-08-2022, 07:17 PM
For someone who hasnt followed them enough since they left, what are the reasons Jake and TA havent made it to the Show?

Homedawg
12-08-2022, 07:18 PM
I don't see TA starting out in AAA. He's struggled mightily in his time in the minors......I think he's hit less than .200........
He's talking about jake. TA is gonna need to step it up soon. He finished in low A. Bad bad year.

Homedawg
12-08-2022, 07:19 PM
For someone who hasnt followed them enough since they left, what are the reasons Jake and TA havent made it to the Show?

Jake doesn't hit for any power. Avg is ok. TA just flat hasn't hit at all for two years. Hovering around 200 w no power numbers too

BuckyIsAB****
12-08-2022, 07:22 PM
Jake doesn't hit for any power. Avg is ok. TA just flat hasn't hit at all for two years. Hovering around 200 w no power numbers too

Thats wild about TA. That is a long long slump

State82
12-08-2022, 07:23 PM
He's talking about jake. TA is gonna need to step it up soon. He finished in low A. Bad bad year.

Man, I hate that for TA. But that's not good. You're right it's going to take a significant leap. And really quickly.

Commercecomet24
12-08-2022, 07:24 PM

I thought TA might transition into a decent pro hitter but it just hasn't happened.

shoeless joe
12-09-2022, 01:52 PM
I thought TA might transition into a decent pro hitter but it just hasn't happened.

Legit fastballs on the inner half, pro breaking balls, and wood bats.

TBH he saw pitching as good in the SEC but the wood changes a lot even with the new bats. I never felt like he had a big league build for his swing. But I am surprised he’s struggle this much at the lower levels.

msstate7
12-09-2022, 02:22 PM
TA struggling in the lower minors makes me wonder about bat speed. I'm sure there's some guys with good offspeed, but most all will have good velocity. The light bat in college coulda hid bat speed some. Wasn't he a great oppo hitter in college?

parabrave
12-09-2022, 07:21 PM
Holder now with the Angels Org.

BrunswickDawg
12-10-2022, 09:13 AM
I jut realized Jake got assigned to Jacksonville. I'll have to hit check out a game this season

Irondawg
12-10-2022, 09:38 AM
Same thing has happened to Bleday to some extent - he hasn?t hit for average at almost all his stops

msstate7
12-10-2022, 09:43 AM
Same thing has happened to Bleday to some extent - he hasn?t hit for average at almost all his stops

Bleday hit for power though. Tanner hasn't hit, at all. His numbers are horrible.

Todd4State
12-10-2022, 03:16 PM

It's case by case basis for each player but I think college baseball is a bit more structured as far as practice schedule and game schedule than it is in the minors and I think some players are better suited for one environment over the other.

In the minors I think they expect them to take the initiative to go to the coaches for help and in college they work with everyone regardless.

Not sure what the case is with TA but just an observation in general.

parabrave
12-10-2022, 03:38 PM
It's case by case basis for each player but I think college baseball is a bit more structured as far as practice schedule and game schedule than it is in the minors and I think some players are better suited for one environment over the other.

In the minors I think they expect them to take the initiative to go to the coaches for help and in college they work with everyone regardless.

Not sure what the case is with TA but just an observation in general.

I know in Biloxi and most of the teams in the SL that the coaches are heavily involved with the players and their careers. The coaches really work with the players and for some players it takes longer to develop. Some players esp the higher draft picks come in and do great til their AA year then flame out once the book is out on them and they just refuse to adapt, INO quit trying to jack each pitch. Most players drafted will get a 4-5 year career in MILb before being told to move on. Some players get traded and the change of scenery does wonders. If a player makes it to AAA then it will be longer.