PDA

View Full Version : One NCAAF rule change I think we all can agree on....

HoopsDawg
12-07-2022, 03:25 PM
1 free transfer and that's it. No waivers. No grad transfer. No extra transfer for your coach leaving. You get 1 free transfer, use it wisely.

There are many other rules I would enact, but they would be met with a lot of resistance.

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2022, 03:30 PM
1 free transfer and that's it. No waivers. No grad transfer. No extra transfer for your coach leaving. You get 1 free transfer, use it wisely.

There are many other rules I would enact, but they would be met with a lot of resistance.

I'm not sure the NCAA, colleges, fans or the players even realize how the college game is hanging by a thread.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2022, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure the NCAA, colleges, fans or the players even realize how the college game is hanging by a thread.

I strongly agree. And I don't have any faith or confidence in the NCAA or the leadership-whoever that may be-I guess college presidents.

msstate7
12-07-2022, 03:36 PM
The programs with enough clout to get it changed probably like this bc they have the money

ETA... if you want it changed, hope someone like vandy uses their huge money to buy a crap load of players and actually wins. The bluebloods would want a change then

Churchill
12-07-2022, 03:36 PM
100% agree

confucius say
12-07-2022, 03:38 PM
Agree

msstate7
12-07-2022, 03:40 PM
Just think if this system was in place in 2015, dak woulda probably been on bama, Georgia, Texas, etc. He would've commanded huge money for his senior season. We most likely never have an elite qb for his upper class years again

Lord McBuckethead
12-07-2022, 03:48 PM
And you will never catch Bama, UGA, etc on a down year. They can just rebuild immediately. Specially because it seems teams can directly contact players not in the portal to tell them to get in the portal.

BrunswickDawg
12-07-2022, 03:48 PM

I'm close to that - 1 transfer for undergrad, but I would still allow Grad Transfers.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 03:49 PM
Just think if this system was in place in 2015, dak woulda probably been on bama, Georgia, Texas, etc. He would've commanded huge money for his senior season. We most likely never have an elite qb for his upper class years again

That's bullshit. He could've used a grad transfer at the time, and we all know players were getting paid a lot back then too.

Lord McBuckethead
12-07-2022, 03:50 PM
The one thing we all should be able to agree on, if you fumble the ball outside the endzone, it should be downed at the last position it was controlled and remain with the offensive team.

msstate7
12-07-2022, 03:51 PM
That's bullshit. He could've used a grad transfer at the time, and we all know players were getting paid a lot back then too.

You think dak woulda turned down a million to stay?

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 03:51 PM
I think there should be a very strict requirement that all NIL must be routed through a school's NIL fund and harshly enforce that rule. Second, have a redistributive luxury tax on NIL funds within each conference. Finally, if a player transfers to a school with a larger NIL fund, that school must pay a fee to the old school in addition to whatever NIL money the player is getting to come.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 03:52 PM
If Cam Newton commanded $180K in 2009 after mop up at Florida, I think Dak could have gotten a lot more than that in 2015.

msstate7
12-07-2022, 03:53 PM
If Cam Newton commanded $180K in 2009 after mop up at Florida, I think Dak could have gotten a lot more than that in 2015.

And we didn't get cam... bc of money

ArrowDawg
12-07-2022, 03:53 PM
The programs with enough clout to get it changed probably like this bc they have the money

ETA... if you want it changed, hope someone like vandy uses their huge money to buy a crap load of players and actually wins. The bluebloods would want a change then

They have the name and the money, and they can basically use programs like ours to develop talent for them and pluck them away when needed.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2022, 03:56 PM
The one thing we all should be able to agree on, if you fumble the ball outside the endzone, it should be downed at the last position it was controlled and remain with the offensive team.

I actually don't agree with that one. There needs to be a harsh penalty for extending the ball to the goaline.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 03:56 PM
And we didn't get cam... bc of money

Dak had loyalty to us. You've always seen a few stars transfer, but I'm confident Dak wouldn't have been one of them under modern rules, just like major stars aren't in 2022.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2022, 03:57 PM

It's great for the blue bloods. Makes it easier to process players.

msstate7
12-07-2022, 03:58 PM
Dak had loyalty to us. You've always seen a few stars transfer, but I'm confident Dak wouldn't have been one of them under modern rules, just like major stars aren't in 2022.

Maybe, he's a great guy. He's also human though, and he was far from a certain nfl star back then.

ETA... dak made about 4.7 million his first 4 years in nfl.

ETAx2... I think these kids getting this life changing money offers would be fools to turn it down

TUSK
12-07-2022, 04:00 PM

AMEN! And as soon as that do that, I'm gonna nullify the CamBack and retroactively strip Aubie of their 2010 BCSC.*

0:23 in.... one of the craziest bounces of the ball you'll ever see.

https://youtu.be/zgxdziwOJlQ

PMDawg
12-07-2022, 04:24 PM
AMEN! And as soon as that do that, I'm gonna nullify the CamBack and retroactively strip Aubie of their 2010 BCSC.*

0:23 in.... one of the craziest bounces of the ball you'll ever see.

https://youtu.be/zgxdziwOJlQ

You bammers are all so un-self aware. Nobody feels sorry for you guys losing a game here and there! lol

EdwardDrayton
12-07-2022, 04:34 PM
You transfer, you sit the first six games. Unless there's a coaching change or infraction penalties.

TUSK
12-07-2022, 04:49 PM
You bammers are all so un-self aware. Nobody feels sorry for you guys losing a game here and there! lol

I wasn't looking for sympathy, it was germane to the prior post... and a joke...

https://youtu.be/syV2LkGpQB0

Schultzy
12-07-2022, 06:43 PM
How about no rules like the old days.

Except randomly picking programs for probation.

BulldogBear
12-07-2022, 07:55 PM

Gawd, yes!!!!! Stupidest on the field rule in the entire sport of American Football

Goldendawg
12-08-2022, 12:51 AM
No, don't forget the play Nico Whitley made on Bo Wallace in the Egg! Hail State!

Quaoarsking
12-08-2022, 12:54 AM
No, don't forget the play Nico Whitley made on Bo Wallace in the Egg! Hail State!

We recovered it in the end zone, so it's all good. It didn't go out of bounds.

Todd4State
12-08-2022, 02:29 AM

I think he would have but I also think that Dak is an exception and not necessarily the rule.

Dak had a chance to go to LSU out of high school and stuck with us because we recruited him earlier.

State82
12-08-2022, 09:36 AM
I wasn't looking for sympathy, it was germane to the prior post

In the infamous words of Sheriff Buford T. Justice, "The GD Germans ain't got nothing to do with this!"