PDA

View Full Version : Let's pump the breaks on all the rumors and innuendos

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 09:44 AM
Way too many unverified rumors and predictions floating around there a out various players and coaches leaving, and it's not good for MSU for it to be out there so publicly.

Yes, college football is a business and this stuff happens, but let it play out behind the scenes without the fanbase ever knowing. All these posts do is create hostility within the fanbase and the team over something that may not even happen .

I don't think it's a coincidence that all these rumors are coming from the same people who spent the season bashing Leach but insisted (to my correct skepticism) that they'd cut it out if he won the Egg Bowl (which they gave him no chance to doing).

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 09:51 AM
Also seems like some overlap with the people who claimed Leach would be leaving ��

Lord McBuckethead
12-07-2022, 10:00 AM
Seems likely a certain group of people have an agenda. All of our players have the right to test the waters. They deserve the opportunity to do what is best for their individual situation.
I fully expect all of our players to be back next year, and I fully expect us to bring in the best players we can. It has the opportunity to be the best year in MSU history, and players get talked about 24/7 when something like that happens.

TrapGame
12-07-2022, 10:05 AM
Also seems like some overlap with the people who claimed Leach would be leaving ��

That's not a coincidence.

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2022, 10:12 AM
If you remove rumors and innuendo from a message board, all you are left with are posts about weather threats.

With the portal this is going to be the norm throughout signing day, which really sucks.

Coach34
12-07-2022, 10:13 AM

Wonder what Rosebowl has against Leach then? He was one of the people that talked about us losing a RB or two from what I understand.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 10:30 AM
Wonder what Rosebowl has against Leach then? He was one of the people that talked about us losing a RB or two from what I understand.

That's the least juicy of all the rumors being posted, and it's not like "Rosebowl" is encouraging them to go or saying it's definitely happening. Not a great deflection.

msstate7
12-07-2022, 10:38 AM
That's the least juicy of all the rumors being posted, and it's not like "Rosebowl" is encouraging them to go or saying it's definitely happening. Not a great deflection.

Didn't he say he was worried about arnett to auburn?

KentuckyDawg13
12-07-2022, 10:59 AM
Easy solution, pay our players/coaches/ADs what they are worth.

confucius say
12-07-2022, 11:18 AM
Easy solution, pay our players/coaches/ADs what they are worth.

Agree. Which isn't always a lot.
But regardless, anybody who isn't giving monthly to the BI better not say a word. We all can give at least 10-20-30 a month. If not, you don't want to win.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-07-2022, 12:09 PM
Didn't he say he was worried about arnett to auburn?

Somebody asked Rosebowl if he was worried about Arnett leaving for Auburn. His answer was "a little".

CoachT14
12-07-2022, 12:11 PM
Way too many unverified rumors and predictions floating around there a out various players and coaches leaving, and it's not good for MSU for it to be out there so publicly.

Yes, college football is a business and this stuff happens, but let it play out behind the scenes without the fanbase ever knowing. All these posts do is create hostility within the fanbase and the team over something that may not even happen .

I don't think it's a coincidence that all these rumors are coming from the same people who spent the season bashing Leach but insisted (to my correct skepticism) that they'd cut it out if he won the Egg Bowl (which they gave him no chance to doing).

Leach sending out his Lovers like
https://media.tenor.com/j5YcO9slE7YAAAAC/leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

CoachT14
12-07-2022, 12:12 PM
Somebody asked Rosebowl if he was worried about Arnett leaving for Auburn. His answer was "a little".

I mean... can't blame him. Who wants to go down with the ship? He's carried Leach's jockstrap throughout his tenure.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 12:18 PM
Leach sending out his Lovers like
https://media.tenor.com/j5YcO9slE7YAAAAC/leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

So much for promising to support Leach if we won the Egg Bowl.

Catfish
12-07-2022, 12:20 PM

Short memory!!

CoachT14
12-07-2022, 12:25 PM

There's this thing called reality. I don't know if you have heard it, but sometimes things change. And right now, Leach looks to be having the rug pulled out from under him completely and to act otherwise is either ignorance, blind faith, or both. But hey keep beating that drum, I'm sure you'll change the hearts and minds ignoring reality.

gtowndawg
12-07-2022, 12:28 PM
But regardless, anybody who isn't giving monthly to the BI better not say a word. We all can give at least 10-20-30 a month. If not, you don't want to win.

Here, here my good man!

PGHBulldogBG
12-07-2022, 12:28 PM
We are coming off a really good season at 8-4 with an egg bowl win and a trip to a decent bowl game. Probably the 2nd best bowl outside the Citrus bowl not NY6 related. Please stop these “rumors”. Whether you like Leach or not we need to get behind our team. We also have a top 25 basketball team and most likely a preseason top 25 baseball team. It’s become such doom and gloom around here for an athletic department that is having a solid year. If a player legit enters the portal or a coach is truly interviewing that’s a topic to discuss, but not alleged rumors from unreliable sources

confucius say
12-07-2022, 12:29 PM
There's this thing called reality. I don't know if you have heard it, but sometimes things change. And right now, Leach looks to be having the rug pulled out from under him completely and to act otherwise is either ignorance, blind faith, or both. But hey keep beating that drum, I'm sure you'll change the hearts and minds ignoring reality.

TBF, same thing was said this time last year and we went 8-4 and third in the west.
And if our fans don't want players leaving, start giving to the BI

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 12:31 PM

95% of the fanbase agrees with my OP and thinks you're acting like an emotional sky-is-falling asshole, so it's not like there are many hearts and minds to change in the first place.

smootness
12-07-2022, 12:38 PM
And right now, Leach looks to be having the rug pulled out from under him completely and to act otherwise is either ignorance, blind faith, or both.

Based on what?

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 12:39 PM
Based on what?

He's not going to tell us, because the innuendo hurts the program more than any fact ever could. Also this way no matter what happens (undoubtedly nowhere near as apocalyptic as he is implying), he can say he knew it all along from his sources and can't be disproven.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2022, 12:43 PM
What rumors are unfounded? They're all being mentioned by legitimate sources.
I still don't believe we lose both RBs. That's the positive. The rest, well, cross your fingers and cover your butthole.

Bothrops
12-07-2022, 12:45 PM

It was actually a business when things were done under the table. College football is not a business anymore, it has been tampered with by the minds of grown adolescents, who are generally worthless by any measure. This has been formed into a gag reel.

R2Dawg
12-07-2022, 12:59 PM

That is a stupid statement.

How much does it take per win? By that logic there will never be enough money until you are undefeated and NC. Ask TAMU how that worked out with Jimbo. Money don't automatically = wins. Does it help a here and there sure but there is such a thing as marginal economics. If you can't answer how much money per win or championship then you have more money than brains.

CoachT14
12-07-2022, 01:01 PM
Based on what?

Well I'd say there's a more than 50% chance we lose 4 of our top skill guys and maybe more if that comes to fruition. Arnett may be going to Auburn so the go who has actually made us competitive in most of our games might be leaving. We likely are just going to run it back with Will Rogers who was one of the worst QB's in the SEC in half his games this year.

Oh half the guys we are offering in the portal are not very good or haven't even produced.

But yeah everything is fine and myself and others are just posting unfounded rumors.

ScoobaDawg
12-07-2022, 01:01 PM
What rumors are unfounded? They're all being mentioned by legitimate sources.
I still don't believe we lose both RBs. That's the positive. The rest, well, cross your fingers and cover your butthole.

Agree. I don't have a problem with anything that has been posted.

And I still have a problem, I don't trust Will and don't think I ever will. I think it's true we will lose players because he will be back as our QB.
But it is what it is... Guess we hold out hope that Parson can be the man in 2024. ...and accept what we get till then.

How do we not have a 1k yard receiver in this offense... just blows my mind.

confucius say
12-07-2022, 01:03 PM
That is a stupid statement.

How much does it take per win? By that logic there will never be enough money until you are undefeated and NC. Ask TAMU how that worked out with Jimbo. Money don't automatically = wins. Does it help a here and there sure but there is such a thing as marginal economics. If you can't answer how much money per win or championship then you have more money than brains.

Which statement is stupid?

MaroonFlounder
12-07-2022, 01:06 PM

So many catches to go around to what is now the deepest MSU has EVER been in the WR room.

It is possible to have a very good passing game with this many guys and no 1000 yard guy.

But yeah, we should at least have 1 or 2 at least around 800 yds if not.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 01:33 PM
Well I'd say there's a more than 50% chance we lose 4 of our top skill guys and maybe more if that comes to fruition. Arnett may be going to Auburn so the go who has actually made us competitive in most of our games might be leaving. We likely are just going to run it back with Will Rogers who was one of the worst QB's in the SEC in half his games this year.

Oh half the guys we are offering in the portal are not very good or haven't even produced.

But yeah everything is fine and myself and others are just posting unfounded rumors.

So some things MAY happen just like things always may happen (no specifics though), and that means Leach has lost control of the team...

Cooterpoot
12-07-2022, 01:57 PM
One rumor has been confirmed. Add another transfer WR to the growing list. The Air Raid is having the air sucked right out of it.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 02:10 PM
One rumor has been confirmed. Add another transfer WR to the growing list. The Air Raid is having the air sucked right out of it.

Who, Rara?

Or are you just making something up so that when a transfer is announced, you can point to this thread and pretend like you were "in the know?"

CoachT14
12-07-2022, 02:11 PM
So some things MAY happen just like things always may happen (no specifics though), and that means Leach has lost control of the team...

It’s currently trending in that direction. Will it happen? I don’t know. But for anyone to act like this is all fine and dandy is just putting their head in the sand and ignoring the realities of the ground. Something is off right now. It can still be fixed. But no one should be having warm fuzzies right now.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 02:16 PM
It’s currently trending in that direction. Will it happen? I don’t know. But for anyone to act like this is all fine and dandy is just putting their head in the sand and ignoring the realities of the ground. Something is off right now. It can still be fixed. But no one should be having warm fuzzies right now.

IF that were true, posting all about it on a message board instead of letting the process play out is a terrible idea that will only make it worse.

QuadrupleOption
12-07-2022, 02:16 PM
It?s currently trending in that direction. Will it happen? I don?t know. But for anyone to act like this is all fine and dandy is just putting their head in the sand and ignoring the realities of the ground. Something is off right now. It can still be fixed. But no one should be having warm fuzzies right now.

Bro, just stop it. You don't know shit, I don't know shit, no one knows shit except the players and staff. Assuming we lose RaRa (definite), Marks, Johnson, and Thomas (rumor), there are 1000 players in the portal, many with the same skill sets.

I like them all, but none of these guys are irreplaceable. As a matter of fact, I would say that in this climate it's an advantage to have an offense that is easy to pick up and doesn't require all-pro potential to be pretty effective.

Beyond that, we have to raise more NIL money to solve this issue. Pay more, retain more. Even then, we can't be stupid about what we're paying to players. There is no way in Hell any of these guys is worth six figures. No way. None.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2022, 02:59 PM
Who, Rara?

Or are you just making something up so that when a transfer is announced, you can point to this thread and pretend like you were "in the know?"

Zavion is gone.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 03:46 PM
Zavion is gone.

I don't see that "confirmed" anywhere. I don't necessarily disbelieve it, and I hope we can keep him, but I also don't think his 4 career receiving yards are worth a meltdown or a spin that Leach is losing control of the team.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2022, 04:08 PM
Let's just forget he was a great punter returner for us and expected to compete for a starting WR spot next year troll.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 04:14 PM
Let's just forget he was a great punter returner for us and expected to compete for a starting WR spot next year troll.

Yeah, I think so? Like I said, I'd rather keep him, but a PR with the 18th most receiving yards on the team deciding to transfer is a pretty normal thing in college football and would have been a few years ago. Not something you declare Leach has lost the team over.

EdwardDrayton
12-07-2022, 04:21 PM
I do not believe anything I read on a message board.

Twitter is where I find truth and justice.

confucius say
12-07-2022, 04:22 PM
It's not about leach losing a team.
If any of you want to pay zavion more than lsu will pay him he will stay. But if he can make more money and go home, it makes perfect sense.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 04:27 PM
If any of you want to pay zavion more than lsu will pay him he will stay. But if he can make more money and go home, it makes perfect sense.

Multiple posters (the same ones who have been negative about Leach since day 1 and spent most of this season pushing the "Leach is retiring" lie) are now claiming that Leach has lost the team and that all of our main contributors are leaving due to his incompetence. They likely want to sabotage him since 95% of the fanbase now approves of him after the Egg Bowl, much to their chagrin.

Why the moderators are letting these provocateurs hurt our program like this is beyond me.

EdwardDrayton
12-07-2022, 04:27 PM

Well we will assume we can match the money but nothing we can do about location. So we wish him well and find ourselves a better fit.

tcdog70
12-07-2022, 04:46 PM
Bullshit breeds bullshit.. and we have lot's of bullshitters. with the Portal and NIL--it is a different ball game.. Leach will have us enough skill players---everybody including the bamas will lose players to the portal. why do you think MSU won't--so long boys--go get some more.. Shit we have plenty of players coming back that most of the bullshitters said were gone.. we will have a really good team next year--hope on board the train---or don't.

Goldendawg
12-07-2022, 04:48 PM
Agree. I don't have a problem with anything that has been posted.

And I still have a problem, I don't trust Will and don't think I ever will. I think it's true we will lose players because he will be back as our QB.
But it is what it is... Guess we hold out hope that Parson can be the man in 2024. ...and accept what we get till then.

No 1000 yard receiver due to a 10 man or so rotation this year with no alpha dog breaking through. Mainly 5 to 10 yard routes expecting YAC along with QB issues contributed also. O also totally disappeared for 1 to 2 quarters a game, especially against SEC D's. I think I covered it all.*

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2022, 04:57 PM
Zavion is gone.

I hope you are wrong, I was expecting big things from him next year.

Goldendawg
12-07-2022, 05:03 PM
I think everyone on this board loves MSU and wants the very best for the program. I enjoy reading here (facts & rumors) and posting my sometimes questionable opinions. That being said:

I learned about elitedawgs when I saw it mentioned in a post I read on sixpackspeak.

Most State fans I tell about elitedawgs being a good place to read/post about all things MSU didn't know that it existed.

I doubt the majority of State players or coaches read our comments and base their decisions on them.

The majority of State fans don't bother with the internet sites for discussion, JMO.

Hope this doesn't get me kicked off.**** Lots of interesting reads and info here. Hail State!