PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Games

basedog
12-06-2022, 08:14 AM
Just read predictions from Sporting News. First off, it's been stated many times way too many bowl games, especially for a .500 or less team getting invited IMO. Second, I wonder how many actually make money, it's crazy and so watered down. I suppose it's better than what is on some of the TV shows now days.
Thirdly, they picked Illinois to beat us saying their running back who must be really good will have a great day against us. Talked as they will be more physical, and Leach is 3-5 in bowl games the last 8 years. We are 1.5 favorite at this point, with our defense stopping the run as our strong suit, we shall see. I hope our offense comes alive and we don't go in that "lull" on offense we seem to have under Leach in games.
I know it's wishful thinking, but I do wish Leach would hire an offense coach to help with play calling. Seems in critical situations he falls asleep in 3rd and 4th down with a yard or two to get. Just saying as it is his weakness, I think.

State82
12-06-2022, 10:13 AM
Thirdly, they picked Illinois to beat us saying their running back who must be really good will have a great day against us. Talked as they will be more physical, and Leach is 3-5 in bowl games the last 8 years. We are 1.5 favorite at this point, with our defense stopping the run as our strong suit, we shall see. I hope our offense comes alive and we don't go in that "lull" on offense we seem to have under Leach in games.
I know it's wishful thinking, but I do wish Leach would hire an offense coach to help with play calling. Seems in critical situations he falls asleep in 3rd and 4th down with a yard or two to get. Just saying as it is his weakness, I think.

If Johnson/Marks play and are utilized like they were against UM I think we have a pretty solid chance. If not we get beat.

msudawg1200
12-06-2022, 10:24 AM
Just read predictions from Sporting News. First off, it's been stated many times way too many bowl games, especially for a .500 or less team getting invited IMO. Second, I wonder how many actually make money, it's crazy and so watered down. I suppose it's better than what is on some of the TV shows now days.

They are ranked in the top of the country on defense, specifically pass defense. They do have a running back with like 1,600 yards. They don't have a running QB. I think both offenses play into the strength of the others defense. I see us winning something like 24-14.

KentuckyDawg13
12-06-2022, 10:26 AM
Portal wusses and all...

RocketDawg
12-06-2022, 05:23 PM
Wonder what will happen at Alabama? Will the stars play since they didn't make the playoffs and are having to go to the lowly Sugar Bowl?

HoopsDawg
12-06-2022, 06:29 PM
Our offense isn't geared for 4th and 1. There's no difference in 4th and 1 or 4th and 6 in this scheme.

basedog
12-06-2022, 06:58 PM
Our offense isn't geared for 4th and 1. There's no difference in 4th and 1 or 4th and 6 in this scheme.

I was trying to be nice*. LOL.

Goldendawg
12-06-2022, 07:14 PM
I was trying to be nice*. LOL.

ESPN owns 17 of the bowls today. Probably cheap programming for them.