PDA

View Full Version : Woody and DJ

Pages : [1] 2

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-06-2022, 08:12 AM
I?m not an insider, but someone told me they are not locks to stay and may hit the portal. Anyone got any info?

msstate7
12-06-2022, 08:13 AM
If we lose them and rara, good grief

Cowbell
12-06-2022, 08:18 AM
I honestly don't understand why they would stay. They get blown up so much in this offense. And they would be better off going somewhere that has a good run blocking scheme

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-06-2022, 08:20 AM
I agree. I wouldn?t blame them. But if they leave, it really shows the status of the college game. I could see where fans would throw hands up and quit following.

DawgTex
12-06-2022, 08:26 AM
Stated last night that they may be looking at portal. A couple of players said that even though they were looking, the Bulldog Initiative came through and got them to stay.

ZedFedder
12-06-2022, 08:29 AM
According to Steve, they are certainly not locks as of now to stay. If we can just hang on to one of them, that would be good enough for me.

Cooterpoot
12-06-2022, 08:47 AM
If we had recruited well, I wouldn't care if they left. Neither is what we really need. We need a legit RB and a dynamic little guy like our current commit. Leach I never going to run it, so legit RB is out of the question.

Todd4State
12-06-2022, 08:49 AM
I honestly don't understand why they would stay. They get blown up so much in this offense. And they would be better off going somewhere that has a good run blocking scheme

Like they're not going to get tackled running the ball 15-20 times for someone else?

Leroy Jenkins
12-06-2022, 08:53 AM
They want some assurance that we are going to run the ball. Its that simple, running backs want to run the football.

CoachT14
12-06-2022, 08:54 AM
I?m not an insider, but someone told me they are not locks to stay and may hit the portal. Anyone got any info?

Why stay with a QB who's most assuredly not going to hand the ball off to you enough and when he does get you the ball get's you absolutely blown up by DL/LB's because he's scared to death to get hit or throw the ball down the field?

A lot of our fans have yet to give those two their just dues in praise only to praise the QB.

Todd4State
12-06-2022, 08:57 AM
They want some assurance that we are going to run the ball. Its that simple, running backs want to run the football.

Yeah. And then the receivers are mad because they're not getting the ball.

Maroonthirteen
12-06-2022, 08:57 AM
I agree. I wouldn?t blame them. But if they leave, it really shows the status of the college game. I could see where fans would throw hands up and quit following.

I caught a little ESPN this morning. The show with 3 guys, including Keyshawn, was talking about the portal
And nil. The Williams guy seems to believe portal and NIL is a huge issue. KeysHawn seems to believe the portal is mostly guys not playing. So it's good. However his perspective is probably USC. Where as ours is mid level P5. If Woody and DJ bolt, We are most certainly losing players that play and have a starting role to "shopping for NIL deals"

It makes me sick.

BorneDawg
12-06-2022, 09:06 AM
Don't get me wrong I think Will is an awesome dude and a good QB and I'm sure he's just doing how he was coached but State will remain limited on offense until we have someone who can extend plays with his legs in crucial situations. Not saying they have to run all the time but when needed get that 1st down!

LC Dawg
12-06-2022, 09:08 AM
According to Steve, they are certainly not locks as of now to stay.

Is anyone a lock until the portal closes on January 18?

Maroonthirteen
12-06-2022, 09:11 AM
Why stay with a QB who's most assuredly not going to hand the ball off to you enough and when he does get you the ball get's you absolutely blown up by DL/LB's because he's scared to death to get hit or throw the ball down the field?

A lot of our fans have yet to give those two their just dues in praise only to praise the QB.

and some just want to blame the QB. This isn't about carries.

CoachT14
12-06-2022, 09:12 AM
and some just want to blame the QB. This isn't about carries.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LinearOfficialKudu-max-1mb.gif

Cowbell
12-06-2022, 09:13 AM
Like they're not going to get tackled running the ball 15-20 times for someone else?

No I'm thinking that they can run it without ever getting tackled....

If I have to explain this to you, you don't pay attention to our check down outcomes.

Leroy Jenkins
12-06-2022, 09:31 AM
I can't believe they've stays this long the way they get hung out every week. They should have let 2 years ago.

Johnson85
12-06-2022, 09:33 AM
If we had recruited well, I wouldn't care if they left. Neither is what we really need. We need a legit RB and a dynamic little guy like our current commit. Leach I never going to run it, so legit RB is out of the question.

How is DJ not legit? I can understand wanting more size than Marks provides, but they are a good 1-2 punch. Our only problem is, as people have mentioned, we dump the ball to them a lot of times just for them to get blown up. If we could fix that issue, it'd be easier to keep RBs and WRs happy. Our RBs get plenty of touches if so many of them weren't worthless dump offs. If they were mostly getting dump outs when they actually had room and time to do something, I would think that'd be a lot of fun for a RB.

msstate7
12-06-2022, 09:34 AM
I can't believe they've stays this long the way they get hung out every week. They should have let 2 years ago.

Leaving now for a tradition offense would probably help their draft status if they succeed. They've shown they can catch now

Saltydog
12-06-2022, 09:37 AM

I could see where RB's may not like this offense. If we opened up the offense and tweaked it, like we should, it would be a great and exciting offense to be in. The way it is now, meh.

Coach34
12-06-2022, 09:41 AM
Leaving now for a tradition offense would probably help their draft status if they succeed. They've shown they can catch now

another offense would help their growth in pass pro also

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-06-2022, 09:43 AM
When we run, we win. Its frustrating to us fans. You know it has to be to the RBs

Maroonthirteen
12-06-2022, 09:43 AM
Cute gif. But unless you want to cite a comment by those two.....you are just attacking a player that has nothing to do with what others decide to do.

However, there is plenty of evidence that you have an agenda against Rogers.

Leroy Jenkins
12-06-2022, 09:44 AM

I don't know if it helps their draft status, but it definitely helps their health.

Extendedcab
12-06-2022, 09:45 AM

^^^^^^^THIS!

CoachT14
12-06-2022, 10:21 AM
Cute gif. But unless you want to cite a comment by those two.....you are just attacking a player that has nothing to do with what others decide to do.

However, there is plenty of evidence that you have an agenda against Rogers.

I don't have any agenda. Every argument I've ever made on here has stats, facts, and the like included. I haven't made an emotional argument unlike a lot of Will lovers. I'm tired of them blaming everyone else but him for his problems.

MaroonFlounder
12-06-2022, 02:17 PM
I've spent a lot of money on a Tampa trip that may turn out to be watching our scout team vs. Illinois.

This is detrimental to future bowl travel. Also detrimental to the college game in general.

deltadawg63
12-06-2022, 02:54 PM
One of the reasons I am through with bowl trips unless we're ever in the playoffs. Last year's bowl game taught me a lesson and it was just not team Covid issue. They're almost to the point of treating them like a futures game and an advance on spring practice while fans are investing sizable money to fly and lodge and while never expecting a guarantee on a victory; we are expecting a best effort from administration, coaches and players. I have not seen that the last several years. One solution would be for the conference to allow schools to pay a bowl stipend to players, coaches and support staff as incentive to be 100%. That could change this but until then it's the TV for me.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2022, 03:04 PM
As of right now both will be back. It could always change but I believe from what I've heard they'll both be back next year.

Bothrops
12-06-2022, 03:21 PM
The portal combined with the NIL will doom the sport, unless major change comes to the rescue, and quickly. Otherwise a lot of programs (ours) are going to be left out of orbit and the dialed-in fans quit.

TrapGame
12-06-2022, 03:40 PM
So, let me get this straight about the Portal and NIL.

If a player has not opted for the Portal another team can still make contact with this player and offer an NIL package to entice him to go into the Portal and transfer to them?

If this is true that's ****ed up. That's just poaching players, imo.

confucius say
12-06-2022, 03:50 PM
So, let me get this straight about the Portal and NIL.

If a player has not opted for the Portal another team can still make contact with this player and offer an NIL package to entice him to go into the Portal and transfer to them?

If this is true that's ****ed up. That's just poaching players, imo.

No. That's not allowed under the rules. Now, it happens though, but not supposed to. We had to fight off suitors for Marks last year and he never was in the portal. DCam has teams after him now.

confucius say
12-06-2022, 03:51 PM
One of the reasons I am through with bowl trips unless we're ever in the playoffs. Last year's bowl game taught me a lesson and it was just not team Covid issue. They're almost to the point of treating them like a futures game and an advance on spring practice while fans are investing sizable money to fly and lodge and while never expecting a guarantee on a victory; we are expecting a best effort from administration, coaches and players. I have not seen that the last several years. One solution would be for the conference to allow schools to pay a bowl stipend to players, coaches and support staff as incentive to be 100%. That could change this but until then it's the TV for me.

Largely why I don't count bowl games in analyzing a coach's season record or comparing records of coaches. Many times the bowl game is more like the first game of the next season as far as who is playing.

TrapGame
12-06-2022, 03:59 PM
No. That's not allowed under the rules. Now, it happens though, but not supposed to. We had to fight off suitors for Marks last year and he never was in the portal. DCam has teams after him now.

That's crazy. College football is dying.

confucius say
12-06-2022, 04:06 PM
If the P5 would break away from the ncaa it would help fix this. The SCOTUS NIL opinion went off on anti trust grounds. If the P5 becomes its own organization and competes against the NCAA for viewers and fans, antitrust goes away and the P5 can largely make whatever rules it wants. You don't like it, go play in another league.

Todd4State
12-06-2022, 04:20 PM
The portal combined with the NIL will doom the sport, unless major change comes to the rescue, and quickly. Otherwise a lot of programs (ours) are going to be left out of orbit and the dialed-in fans quit.

The thing is it goes both ways. Our players can ask for more NIL, threaten to leave, etc but we can also replace them through the portal too.

defiantdog
12-06-2022, 04:27 PM
I don't have a problem with the NIL deals because that was happening behind the scenes before..... but I think there needs to be more accountability with the portal / transfers. they need to make the rules more strict for declaring for the portal.

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2022, 04:31 PM
As of right now both will be back. It could always change but I believe from what I've heard they'll both be back next year.

Good, they are both really good backs.

Bothrops
12-06-2022, 04:38 PM
The thing is it goes both ways. Our players can ask for more NIL, threaten to leave, etc but we can also replace them through the portal too.

We can and we can't. The burden on our staff is too much with the portal business added to it. Getting guys is a lot easier than replacing production. Now, if we had money to burn and a slightly better brand name it might be manageable looking ahead, but this isn't going to work. That's my opinion.

It's like we have to recruit players that can start for us, and win for us, but aren't good enough for anyone else to want. That's the insanity we are dealing with.

AlSwearengen
12-06-2022, 05:18 PM
All of this NIL/Portal bullshit is just that. Bullshit. They should give every player on the team the same wage and a scholarship. Maybe $25,000 per year.

But, politicians and judges have screwed this up just like they do everything else.

confucius say
12-06-2022, 05:20 PM

I hope you're right, but honestly I'll be surprised if that's the case. Hope I'm wrong.

PGHBulldogBG
12-06-2022, 05:39 PM
I love Miss State football and basketball, but I would not spend money on traveling to a bowl game outside a NY6 which will now be a playoff bowl game because of this portal. If we make the playoffs I will certainly spend the money. I would go to SEC champ game too if we ever make that. Basketball I would spend money if we make sweet 16 on or SEC championship game if we are a top seed and it looks reasonable we can go. Otherwise I live too far away to travel to a lower tier bowl etc. I might go to Omaha if we make the title again, just too much COVID stuff at the time 2 years ago with my wife being in healthcare.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2022, 05:48 PM
I hope you're right, but honestly I'll be surprised if that's the case. Hope I'm wrong.

In this era of free agency nothings a given but this is coming from the players themselves, that they plan on coming back, but once again nothings a 100% anymore. If one leaves I would expect it to be marks. Dillon is a homeboy and wants to be close to home.

Cowbell
12-06-2022, 06:15 PM
In this era of free agency nothings a given but this is coming from the players themselves, that they plan on coming back, but once again nothings a 100% anymore. If one leaves I would expect it to be marks. Dillon is a homeboy and wants to be close to home.

Dillon is a leader too it seems. He is one of my favorite dawgs

CoachT14
12-06-2022, 06:23 PM

Yep. Him and Woody have put their bodies on the line for 3 years with little fanfare. They deserve a lot of credit for their willingness to do that. Miss having that dawg from other key positions.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Woody and DJ are tough SOBs

R2Dawg
12-06-2022, 06:39 PM

True but tackled and blown up are two different things. We blow up more RB on swing pass than anyone.

confucius say
12-06-2022, 06:53 PM

Good to hear. I was worried DJ was the bigger concern from word on the street

State82
12-06-2022, 07:05 PM
Woody and DJ are tough SOBs

Yes they are. Much tougher than most. And they should be rewarded as such.

State82
12-06-2022, 07:09 PM
But, politicians and judges have screwed this up just like they do everything else.

17ing lawyers.

Todd4State
12-06-2022, 07:10 PM
We can and we can't. The burden on our staff is too much with the portal business added to it. Getting guys is a lot easier than replacing production. Now, if we had money to burn and a slightly better brand name it might be manageable looking ahead, but this isn't going to work. That's my opinion.

It's like we have to recruit players that can start for us, and win for us, but aren't good enough for anyone else to want. That's the insanity we are dealing with.

Depends on the player as well. I think we can replace RaRa for example. I also think we can get someone as good as Duncan.

Goldendawg
12-06-2022, 07:17 PM
Depends on the player as well. I think we can replace RaRa for example. I also think we can get someone as good as Duncan.

Quick playing time at safety might help us in our recruiting of Smith also.

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2022, 07:20 PM
Neither are going to the portal. One may go to the draft. And he has valid reasons for it.

The Qb that yall wanna blame it on his the sole reason they get the carries they get. Which was more than ever this year btw. He calls them. Who would want to play in an offense that you get more touches than any other position combined? What a bad offense for a RB.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2022, 07:25 PM

Same here! DJ and Woody are both tough as nails and have earned respect. They've been ballers!

Cowbell
12-06-2022, 08:12 PM
Neither are going to the portal. One may go to the draft. And he has valid reasons for it.

The Qb that yall wanna blame it on his the sole reason they get the carries they get. Which was more than ever this year btw. He calls them. Who would want to play in an offense that you get more touches than any other position combined? What a bad offense for a RB.

Man you have got to come on here with takes not associated with Will. This thread has nothing to do with him.
Those two running backs get blown up more than any in the country due to an OLB waiting to gobble them up as soon as they catch it. Teams actually defend in a way where they know that the ball is coming to them on dump offs and swing passes. You are a coach / I'm sure you already know.

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2022, 08:21 PM
Man you have got to come on here with takes not associated with Will. This thread has nothing to do with him.
Those two running backs get blown up more than any in the country due to an OLB waiting to gobble them up as soon as they catch it. Teams actually defend in a way where they know that the ball is coming to them on dump offs and swing passes. You are a coach / I'm sure you already know.

They get tackled. Its part of the job. Im not defending anyone its just facts. They also break those tackles and make them miss.. So that has absolutely nothing to do with why one of them is going to the draft. They dont get blown up more than any in the country. They do however get the ball more in this offense than most offenses in the country. So whatever it was about them leaving bc of the offense is more message board wishes just like Leach retiring bc of SEC defenses and his health

Goldendawg
12-06-2022, 08:29 PM
I watch very few NFL games except Dak and Dallas and MNF. How many NFL O's are heavily run based today outside of TN with Henry and Dallas with Zeke who needs to go and Pollard? Most games I watch QB's are throwing about 50 or so times. With pass protection duties at times, I could see our O getting backs ready for the NFL, (except for that all too often getting blown up in the flats play*). Hail State!

CoachT14
12-06-2022, 08:40 PM
They get tackled. Its part of the job. Im not defending anyone its just facts. They also break those tackles and make them miss.. So that has absolutely nothing to do with why one of them is going to the draft. They dont get blown up more than any in the country. They do however get the ball more in this offense than most offenses in the country. So whatever it was about them leaving bc of the offense is more message board wishes just like Leach retiring bc of SEC defenses and his health

Can you point to Leach's success with RB's at the next level? I'm not seeing much. Maybe in your obsession with never blaming golden boy and Leach you can describe all the success Leach has had with his RB's.

You've never dealt in facts. You always bring your emotions into this cause of your attachment to Will and Leach. You're better off staying out of these convos for you health.

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2022, 08:43 PM
Can you point to Leach's success with RB's at the next level? I'm not seeing much. Maybe in your obsession with never blaming golden boy and Leach you can describe all the success Leach has had with his RB's.

You've never dealt in facts. You always bring your emotions into this cause of your attachment to Will and Leach. You're better off staying out of these convos for you health.

Dude. Marks is going to have more touches than any player in school history. You could not be more wrong. I dont give a damn about NFL success of Leaches RBs. I didnt even mention anything about that.

Homedawg
12-06-2022, 08:48 PM

Going to the draft and not getting drafted is worse than staying here and getting a year to a degree w NO bills plus NIL money ever how big or small. Neither would get drafted this year.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2022, 08:55 PM
Going to the draft and not getting drafted is worse than staying here and getting a year to a degree w NO bills plus NIL money ever how big or small. Neither would get drafted this year.

Accurate post!
This is correct with the new era of minor league football oops I mean college football!

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2022, 08:58 PM

Agree. 100 percent

Coach34
12-06-2022, 09:45 PM
These guys just dont think that way. They have been targeting the NFL since they were kids and told thats their way to a big life. Most dont give a shit about playing college ball. 80% of the football players I coach have no idea who is in the college football playoff. But they know Philly and Dallas are battling in the NFC

Todd4State
12-06-2022, 10:02 PM

Yep. And you just have to hope our players make the best decision. Something several of them have been badly burned by in the past- Beniquez Brown, Bear Wilson, Josh Robinson, etc.

There is this fallacy among some of our fans that being on the practice squad is this great deal. The reality is that's a very short term thing and the odds are not good of making it to the NFL off of it. And if they get cut the player gets put in this limbo where they have to find their own trainer and gym to stay in shape and pay for it out of their pocket. And if they get cut they don't get paid- and they're just waiting to see if they get picked up by another team or if the team decides that they need them. I actually work out at a place where some of the Saints former practice squad guys go- so I've seen it first hand.

Jarius
12-06-2022, 10:03 PM

I don’t believe DJ is going to the draft. I believe he is going to the portal.

Lord McBuckethead
12-06-2022, 10:09 PM
17n lawyers fighting for equal rights between citizens of our great capitalist country.

Bass Chaser
12-06-2022, 10:20 PM
Next thing you’ll see is we’ll have a very good QB, but because he doesn’t take snaps under center it will be used against us.

Ari Gold
12-06-2022, 10:53 PM
Will be shocked if both are back

PendingTransaction
12-06-2022, 11:49 PM
One is gone for sure. Loose lips sink ships. There's a good chance that the whole RB room is blown up.

Goldendawg
12-07-2022, 12:13 AM
One is gone for sure. Loose lips sink ships. There's a good chance that the whole RB room is blown up.

You know these guys are comparing deals. This will not end well for many college programs now and perhaps for all college football in the near future. JMO.

Tater
12-07-2022, 01:13 AM
Bucky you're so freaking emotional.

It's clear Will regressed mentally throughout the year. That and his arm strength waned. He either gutted out a hidden injury or his arm is going and can't handle the workload.

That kid was throwing dots 30-40 yds downfield last year against Memphis. Nowadays he can't throw a ball 25 air yards out of bounds on the run. He's taken a step back and it is CLEAR as day.

I want the kid to succeed. But he's simply not. That boy is giving his best, but we all get told we can't play the child's game at some point. I fear for him, it's way sooner than he'd like.

Pancho
12-07-2022, 07:48 AM
Ok, so who are we bringing in to be the QB?

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2022, 08:45 AM

It's clear Will regressed mentally throughout the year. That and his arm strength waned. He either gutted out a hidden injury or his arm is going and can't handle the workload.

That kid was throwing dots 30-40 yds downfield last year against Memphis. Nowadays he can't throw a ball 25 air yards out of bounds on the run. He's taken a step back and it is CLEAR as day.

I want the kid to succeed. But he's simply not. That boy is giving his best, but we all get told we can't play the child's game at some point. I fear for him, it's way sooner than he'd like.

If you lose support of Tater, things are not good.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2022, 09:09 AM
The next couple days are about to get interesting. Lots of players suddenly don't want to play with Will anymore. Imagine that.
Our football program is a festering sore that's close to busting wide open.

msstate7
12-07-2022, 09:15 AM

Hahahahhaha

msstate7
12-07-2022, 09:16 AM
The next couple days are about to get interesting. Lots of players suddenly don't want to play with Will anymore. Imagine that.

Lord knows I'm not a big will fan, but what's changed? He was a captain, and I thought a very popular player on our team

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 09:26 AM

The ****?!

Matt3467
12-07-2022, 09:38 AM

Is this actually the issue or is this what you think it is? Not a big Will fan myself but that's pretty big if true.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 09:43 AM
Is this actually the issue or is this what you think it is? Not a big Will fan myself but that's pretty big if true.

I'm sure our Pirate Ship Capt. Coach will take such a mutiny with a smile and an open mind...***

CoachT14
12-07-2022, 09:48 AM
Lord knows I'm not a big will fan, but what's changed? He was a captain, and I thought a very popular player on our team

Assuming you didn?t watch him cower in the egg bowl every time someone from Ole Miss was near him? The guy talks a big game but he plays so scared. I saw all I needed to see when he ran out of bounds on a 4th down run.

TrapGame
12-07-2022, 10:07 AM
Assuming you didn?t watch him cower in the egg bowl every time someone from Ole Miss was near him? The guy talks a big game but he plays so scared. I saw all I needed to see when he ran out of bounds on a 4th down run.

And then Saturday you watch Max Duggan's performance.

PendingTransaction
12-07-2022, 11:02 AM
I'll say this. CML is not handling roster management well. And it's not all related to NIL. He should let the other coaches handle it and stay quiet.

Tripp McNeely
12-07-2022, 11:04 AM
I'll say this. CML is not handling roster management well. And it's not all related to NIL. He should let the other coaches handle it and stay quiet.

How do really know that though? Do you already know what the roster will look like next year?

CoachT14
12-07-2022, 12:00 PM

True. All you had to do was watch the game DJ and Woody had. They put their bodies in the line for team in the Egg Bowl. Will… not even close. To me it’s obvious our skill guys are willing to take a shot to find a team that puts them in better positions to be successful.

I’m sure Bucky will come in and make a backhanded comment on them and talk about how the OL sucked or WR’s made Will run out of bounds with 7 yards to go.

Pancho
12-07-2022, 12:03 PM

Please fill us in on how Leach is doing this incorrectly.

CoachT14
12-07-2022, 12:15 PM
Please fill us in on how Leach is doing this incorrectly.

You still going to be asking that smart a$$ question when the entirety of our skill positions leave and we have a bunch of scrubs to replace them? Cause right now that's more likely than the opposite.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2022, 12:25 PM

It's part of it. Nothing against Will as a person. He's a great kid. I think he's respected in that way. But his inability to play the QB spot and get the ball to guys downfield is part of the issue. If you knew how many and who considered leaving you'd understand. We're going to keep a couple and pay them, but it was close to being an even bigger issue. This offense has to be way better or Mike Leach can hit the road. He's not going push Will out either because Leach hasn't develop anyone at QB. We all know he won't get a legit transfer either.

Tater
12-07-2022, 12:54 PM

There is being a sunshine pumper and then there's being blind... BuckyIsABlind

MaroonFlounder
12-07-2022, 12:58 PM
If you knew how many and who considered leaving you'd understand. We're going to keep a couple and pay them, but it was close to being an even bigger issue.

and we are supposed to believe the word of someone with username: cooterpoot

R2Dawg
12-07-2022, 01:11 PM
and we are supposed to believe the word of someone with username: cooterpoot

Now that was funny

Pancho
12-07-2022, 01:39 PM
You still going to be asking that smart a$$ question when the entirety of our skill positions leave and we have a bunch of scrubs to replace them? Cause right now that's more likely than the opposite.

So, Leach is in charge of allocation of NIL funds too? please keep it coming

Coach34
12-07-2022, 01:52 PM
So, Leach is in charge of allocation of NIL funds too? please keep it coming

Leach 100% works with Charlie on NIL...all of our coaches do

Pancho
12-07-2022, 01:57 PM
they just looking again to bash leach any chance they get. he has the program to a 8-9 win level. the deal is, can he keep it there? all this acting like a 12 year old accomplishes zilch

confucius say
12-07-2022, 02:14 PM
Leach 100% works with Charlie on NIL...all of our coaches do

Meh.

Johnson85
12-07-2022, 03:28 PM

I really don't think that was Will being unwilling to put it on the line or wussing out. He's taken hits before and gotten up. I can't believe him running backwards was him suddenly being scared of getting hit. And I don't think him not going all out for the first was being a wimp. It was like he had brain fog or something and had trouble processing things at game speed and just kept making stupid decisions. I honestly thought he might have had a concussion or something during the game. Can't imagine him just lacking focus for the egg bowl. I guess another option would be a family or personal issue that just had him weighed down and distracted.

Goldendawg
12-07-2022, 04:07 PM

Didn't want to start rumors, but seemed like one game mid-season it was rubbing his shoulder after a hit. We don't release much injury info but, I have wondered if he is hurt or banged up. Just wondering. Hail State!

confucius say
12-07-2022, 04:14 PM
Didn't want to start rumors, but seemed like one game mid-season it was rubbing his shoulder after a hit. We don't release much injury info but, I have wondered if he is hurt or banged up. Just wondering. Hail State!

I wondered the same tbh

msstate7
12-07-2022, 04:16 PM
If he was injured, seems like etsu game wouldve been a shorter outing

Cowbell
12-07-2022, 04:26 PM

Yeah this don't make sense

tcdog70
12-07-2022, 04:52 PM

damn I thought 7 was a negative 17er--hell he is a sunshine pumper compared to You. How can you Coach anything with your attitude.?

AROB44
12-07-2022, 05:04 PM
damn I thought 7 was a negative 17er--hell he is a sunshine pumper compared to You. How can you Coach anything with your attitude.?

Well...we really don't know if he coaches at all. This is the internet where you can say (post) anything.

tcdog70
12-07-2022, 05:05 PM

Will, will never play like Max---that is a foolish comparison. Ya'll do understand we just won 8 games with Will at the QB position. probably going to Win 9. Did I scream at Will for some of the stuff He did--sure. But he also did some pretty damn good things--but you negative nellies refuse to give Him any credit. if someone can beat Will out--fine. Play them. But I don't see that happening. I hope Will works hard and corrects some of the things he did poorly---But he will never play like Max Duggan.

Tater
12-07-2022, 05:06 PM

Oh I agree. Just watch film of the kid though and tell me his arm didn't physically regress. Injury makes the most sense.

Hell by Leach's standards, Will missed a hell of a lot of gametime in that one so he may actually be inured.

tcdog70
12-07-2022, 05:07 PM
Well...we really don't know if he coaches at all. This is the internet where you can say (post) anything.

and some can fart Volare'.

TrapGame
12-07-2022, 05:22 PM
Will, will never play like Max---that is a foolish comparison. Ya'll do understand we just won 8 games with Will at the QB position. probably going to Win 9. Did I scream at Will for some of the stuff He did--sure. But he also did some pretty damn good things--but you negative nellies refuse to give Him any credit. if someone can beat Will out--fine. Play them. But I don't see that happening. I hope Will works hard and corrects some of the things he did poorly---But he will never play like Max Duggan.

Running for a 1st down on 4th and 7 ain't asking for much Hoss. I wasn't comparing Will to Max but, shit, I expect a starting SEC QB to be built to gut it out.

I'm pretty sure Will got injured before the Kentucky game, my guess LSU, and it's been known only to a very few people on the team. After that LSU game he has been a different QB.

MrCoachKlein
12-07-2022, 05:26 PM

I really did beat Red Beaulieu in the Bourbon Bowl though.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-07-2022, 05:30 PM

Last paragraph is 100% truth. If Dak was 8 years younger and his 2014 season was in '22, he'd literally be entertaining $2M 1 year deals from OSU, UGA, etc and this board would be melting down.

December Richardson is a solid player, but he's no elite stud. The fact we have to fend off P5 offers for him means we can't ever have stud level talent return for another year unless he is very loyal or we come up with a TON of NIL. Which won't happen, we will never compete with the big players in money. We should not have to throw NIL money at midling DBs to field a secondary.

"OH but well just go use the portal ourselves to replace them, so it's all good" oh yeah? Well who's in the portal? Guys that got passed up by the programs that poached our guys. How can we beat those programs woth players they don't want?

confucius say
12-07-2022, 05:53 PM
We had to fend off teams for Forbes and marks last year. Forbes was loyal. Hat tip

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 06:34 PM
I really did beat Red Beaulieu in the Bourbon Bowl though.

Taking credit for your star LB, I see***

tcdog70
12-07-2022, 06:54 PM
Running for a 1st down on 4th and 7 ain't asking for much Hoss. I wasn't comparing Will to Max but, shit, I expect a starting SEC QB to be built to gut it out.

I'm pretty sure Will got injured before the Kentucky game, my guess LSU, and it's been known only to a very few people on the team. After that LSU game he has been a different QB.

Running for a first down on 4th and 7 might be ok for some—but Will is not a runner. I would have rather for him to,have just threw it up on 4th down . If they intercept it -fine like a punt. But maybe we catch it or get a PI. That was a stupid play.

BrunswickDawg
12-07-2022, 07:24 PM
Running for a first down on 4th and 7 might be ok for some—but Will is not a runner. I would have rather for him to,have just threw it up on 4th down . If they intercept it -fine like a punt. But maybe we catch it or get a PI. That was a stupid play.

And if he had gotten blown up on that play, you'd have just as many people screaming about why was he running and risking getting hurt when we don't have adequate back ups ready***.

Jarius
12-07-2022, 07:52 PM

Good call on neither going to the portal.

MetEdDawg
12-07-2022, 07:53 PM
DJ officially in the transfer portal. And his little blurb on Twitter is pretty heavy.

He says Leach says he's glad he's leaving and that he's not tough.

Very interesting.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 07:56 PM
https://twitter.com/Dill_7k/status/1600651612023922689

This isn't a good look, DJ....

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 07:56 PM
Wow. Shots fired. This guy's is definitely the opposite of "not tough". Yeah, wtf...

https://twitter.com/Dill_7k/status/1600651612023922689?t=qo-2HIK0Pp3wa7mIzUCZ-w&s=19

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 07:58 PM

And if this is how Mike handled it, he might as well go ahead and retire, because he's a ****ing dinosaur if true. A stupid one at that.

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2022, 07:58 PM
That sucks. DJ is a great kid and I think he can carry the load at an SEC school.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 08:00 PM
And if this is how Mike handled it, he might as well go ahead and retire, because he's a ****ing dinosaur if true. A stupid one at that.

Given the lack of professionalism and maturity DJ showed in that Tweet, why would we trust him not to be giving and extremely slanted and inaccurate summary of what happened?

starkvegasdawg
12-07-2022, 08:00 PM
Damn. Talk about going out scorched earth.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2022, 08:01 PM
That sucks. DJ is a great kid and I think he can carry the load at an SEC school.

Agree completely. Something has happened in the last couple of days, not sure what brought this on. This is not good.

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2022, 08:01 PM
Sadly, I tend to believe DJ that Leach said that.

He does say some stupid shit to players some times.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 08:03 PM
Given the lack of professionalism and maturity DJ showed in that Tweet, why would we trust him not to be giving and extremely slanted and inaccurate summary of what happened?

People celebrate Leach cussing players out all the time, so don't talk about maturity here...

At least step back and be objective.

Treemydawg
12-07-2022, 08:03 PM
That has to be fake right ? There is no blue check mark .

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 08:04 PM
He does say some stupid shit to players some times.

This!

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2022, 08:06 PM

Well let?s be fair, if leach did say that, he certainly is in the wrong.

DJ has been a great bulldog and put it on the line for us over and over, I don?t think anyone would describe him as a drama Queen, in fact quite the opposite.

People talk character, this kid has it in spades.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 08:07 PM
People celebrate Leach cussing players out all the time, so don't talk about maturity here...

At least step back and be objective.

I don't necessarily believe or disbelieve that he said it. It's plausible. But DJ shouldn't have made it public. Just not a classy way to leave a job.

Also coaches stay stuff like that to players all the time. How can he have made it so long if he's thin skinned?

Cooterpoot
12-07-2022, 08:08 PM
Well let?s be fair, if leach did say that, he certainly is in the wrong.

DJ has been a great bulldog and put it on the line for us over and over, I don?t think anyone would describe him as a drama Queen, in fact quite the opposite.

People talk character, this kid has it in spades.

LOL...

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 08:10 PM
I don't necessarily believe or disbelieve that he said it. It's plausible. But DJ shouldn't have made it public. Just not a classy way to leave a job

Sorry, no.

Duckdog
12-07-2022, 08:15 PM
What a crybaby *****. "OH, man coach was mean to me" grow a pair of nuts! That surely will help him in the portal, idiot.

Treemydawg
12-07-2022, 08:18 PM

This is fake right. No blue check mark.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 08:18 PM
What a crybaby *****. "OH, man coach was mean to me" grow a pair of nuts! That surely will help him in the portal, idiot.

Yeah, other coaches that want to win ****ing games anyway they can will turn on his tape and definitely see a crybaby *****, lol. **** off with that.

PendingTransaction
12-07-2022, 08:22 PM
Well, I told you.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-07-2022, 08:26 PM
Looks to real. Talking about scorched Earth.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2022, 08:27 PM
And the cover your butthole part is still lingering. This week ain't over.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 08:29 PM

Good for you. So glad you get to be right.

msstate7
12-07-2022, 08:29 PM

What the heck happened? We got the big win, got some key guys announce they were returning, and now things are unraveling

PendingTransaction
12-07-2022, 08:32 PM

It's verbatim to what he said.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2022, 08:33 PM
What the heck happened? We got the big win, got some key guys announce they were returning, and now things are unraveling

The life of a State fan is never easy. Always seems to be another storm
Just over the horizon.

NCMSTFAN
12-07-2022, 08:35 PM
I don't necessarily believe or disbelieve that he said it. It's plausible. But DJ shouldn't have made it public. Just not a classy way to leave a job.

Also coaches stay stuff like that to players all the time. How can he have made it so long if he's thin skinned?

Not classy? Well Leach isn't the classiest guy either. And he's the coach. Leach has been known to say some very strange and weird things that aren't so classy

Quaoarsking
12-07-2022, 08:39 PM
Not classy? Well Leach isn't the classiest guy either. And he's the coach. Leach has been known to say some very strange and weird things that aren't so classy

If Leach tweets out dirty laundry about DJ, I'll be the first to criticize him for his unprofessionalism

CovertDawg
12-07-2022, 08:40 PM
Leach would have been more accurate to call Dillon not very fast. I thought he was plenty tough.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 08:42 PM
It's verbatim to what he said.

I certainly believe it.

I mean seriously. DJ has played his ****ing ass off for us. But sure, lets shit on the players and believe Mike...who has shown many times he can be an out of touch petty POS. Why did he get fired from TT, again? Yeah...

There are tons of players in the portal, from all over the country. Not many teams are losing major contributors/starters...and certainly not like this. DJ even got a retweet from RaRa telling him to "come with me".

Sure, just blaming it on the players is easy, but that's some naive BS. Leach isn't above scrutiny. Something is clearly going on.

msstate7
12-07-2022, 08:43 PM
The life of a State fan is never easy. Always seems to be another storm
Just over the horizon.

Certainly seems that way. Maybe we making room for Quinshon Judkins haha

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 08:44 PM
If Leach tweets out dirty laundry about DJ, I'll be the first to criticize him for his unprofessionalism

He's the only HC in the SEC talking about "fat little girlfriends", lol. Jeez, man.

msstate7
12-07-2022, 08:46 PM
Thomas
Rara
Johnson

Let's stop this right now

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 08:51 PM
Thomas
Rara
Johnson

Na, they're soft, dude.

Clearly don't respect the genius at work. Should just bow down and take their lumps.**

DownwardDawg
12-07-2022, 08:52 PM
This is fake right. No blue check mark.

It's difficult to get that blue check mark.

PendingTransaction
12-07-2022, 08:53 PM
This wasn't Leach using physiology to motivate DJ. This was akin to you overhearing your wife telling your brother that you are a lil bit*h and she wish you would leave.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2022, 08:53 PM
Thomas
Rara
Johnson

Agreed 100%!

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 08:54 PM
Agreed 100%!

Word!

MoreCowbell
12-07-2022, 08:55 PM
So was tweet fake it not. Profile doesn?t look like DJs with what they post. Could be wrong

DownwardDawg
Y'all chill. None of us know what happened. We can only speculate. Maybe we'll actually get the facts or maybe we won't. Let's let it all play out.

Vandownbytheriver
This wasn't Leach using physiology to motivate DJ. This was akin to you overhearing your wife telling your brother that you are a lil bit*h and she wish you would leave.

So I'm assuming you're 100% against how Prime talked to the kids at Colorado then?

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 08:57 PM
So I'm assuming you're 100% against how Prime talked to the kids at Colorado then?

Prime isn't our coach, and those aren't our guys. I care about us and what's best for US to succeed.

DEDawg
12-07-2022, 09:02 PM
So was tweet fake it not. Profile doesn?t look like DJs with what they post. Could be wrong

Tweet is real. Leach does not know how to play the game and players are not happy with the double standards. From what I have been told there are standards for the team and standards for one individual player and the rest of the team does not love that.

Vandownbytheriver
12-07-2022, 09:02 PM
Prime isn't our coach, and those aren't our guys. I care about us and what's best for US to succeed.

You seem to want Leach gone no matter what. And if we are going with, "no other coach would dare say such" defense, Prime and Saban both are worse assholes. Leach is a weird ass dude for sure, but he doesn't say things other coaches don't also say in private. He's just a little more upfront with his assholeness in public.

Vandownbytheriver
12-07-2022, 09:03 PM
Tweet is real. Leach does not know how to play the game and players are not happy with the double standards. From what I have been told there are standards for the team and standards for one individual player and the rest of the team does not love that.

So I'm assuming that would be Will?

State82
12-07-2022, 09:04 PM
What a 17ing shit show this has become.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 09:05 PM
You seem to want Leach gone no matter what. And if we are going with, "no other coach would dare say such" defense, Prime and Saban both are worse assholes. Leach is a weird ass dude for sure, but he doesn't say things other coaches don't also say in private. He's just a little more upfront with his assholeness in public.

Not true. At. All.

Vandownbytheriver
What a 17ing shit show this has become.

This I agree with. We seem to always know just how to kill off any momentum we may have at any point. It truly is a remarkable thing.

PendingTransaction

Prime said it to their face.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2022, 09:07 PM
There's some weird stuff going on. As of this past weekend every thing was looking pretty good. Someone is stirring the pot. Just really strange happenings with this stuff.

msu15
12-07-2022, 09:08 PM

Yep. He has never once chewed Will out.

Vandownbytheriver
12-07-2022, 09:11 PM
There's some weird stuff going on. As of this past weekend every thing was looking pretty good. Someone is stirring the pot. Just really strange happenings with this stuff.

It is weird as hell how everything just went to hell in a matter of a few days. We need an AD in the worst way for damage control if nothing else. This has the possibility of getting completely out of hand. We are going to completely blow any momentum we had after the Egg Bowl if it keeps up.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2022, 09:13 PM
It is weird as hell how everything just went to hell in a matter of a few days. We need an AD in the worst way for damage control if nothing else. This has the possibility of getting completely out of hand. We are going to completely blow any momentum we had after the Egg Bowl if it keeps up.

Yeah this week has sucked so far.

Bothrops
12-07-2022, 09:14 PM
Leach shouldn't have said this shit, and DJ shouldn't have posted it under any circumstance for the sake of the team and program.

Leave it us to continue our tradition of being the drama leader of college football.

TorpedoIPA
12-07-2022, 09:15 PM
My guess is he told Leach he was going to the portal and Leach didn't beg him to stay. And that hurt Johnson's feelings.

Leach is always saying the team needs to be more tough. Nothing new there.

Also, you buy into what Leach is doing or you go. Simple as that.

LC Dawg
12-07-2022, 09:23 PM
I don't know Dillon Johnson but I met him in the elevator of a friend's daughter's apartment after last year's Egg Bowl and he apologized to us for the game. Seemed like a sincere kid. I hate to lose him.
If Mike Leach had publicly questioned his toughness I would have a big problem with it.
I'm sure other coaches have said similar things to players when they tell them they are leaving the program.

PendingTransaction
12-07-2022, 09:23 PM
Kinda like how you guessed the lottery numbers.

BuckyIsAB****
12-07-2022, 09:28 PM
Good call on neither going to the portal.

Fair enough. Pretty wild and not a good look. DJ is better than that

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-07-2022, 09:28 PM
My guess is he told Leach he was going to the portal and Leach didn't beg him to stay. And that hurt Johnson's feelings.

Leach is always saying the team needs to be more tough. Nothing new there.

Also, you buy into what Leach is doing or you go. Simple as that.

My guess is that we shouldn't post whatever possibilities our imaginations are capable of conceiving. Insider info is great, "It could maybe possible be this" isn't.

All we KNOW, is that most defensive players want to play another year here, while many offensive players don't. Same NIL funds, same university. There's no way Leach isn't at least some of the problem here imo

BuckyIsAB****
12-07-2022, 09:31 PM

I think it depends on if you want to stay loyal to your principles or not. This system is encouraging kids to be quitters and to care about themselves and no one else.

I am for NIL. I am not for the portal in its current state. The IRS is going to come calling on all this before long. The government is going to get their share

BuckyIsAB****
12-07-2022, 09:37 PM
I certainly believe it.

I mean seriously. DJ has played his ****ing ass off for us. But sure, lets shit on the players and believe Mike...who has shown many times he can be an out of touch petty POS. Why did he get fired from TT, again? Yeah...

There are tons of players in the portal, from all over the country. Not many teams are losing major contributors/starters...and certainly not like this. DJ even got a retweet from RaRa telling him to "come with me".

Sure, just blaming it on the players is easy, but that's some naive BS. Leach isn't above scrutiny. Something is clearly going on.

There is 2 sides to a story. Leach is not going to give in. He is going to stand by who he is. He is far from a POS. He believes in doing things the right way. And I understand you may think the right way is a different way. The TTU deal was just wrong on TTUs part and that was proven in court. He is not a saint however but neither are these kids. This stuff is definitely pushing no accountability. Not a great value in my opinion.

BuckyIsAB****
12-07-2022, 09:41 PM

That could not be further from the truth. These takes kill me. Leach chews his ass all the time about changing to a run. But I know you guys will say im lying or defending Will. Just know, that is just blatantly false

EdwardDrayton
Hoo boy. How many times will we hear about this on the sports talk circuit. And no one in place to do damage control.

Sure wish DJ had someone close to him to counsel "take the high road". Now because of one immature misstep, this thing will live in the public domain forever.

BeardoMSU
I think it depends on if you want to stay loyal to your principles or not. This system is encouraging kids to be quitters and to care about themselves and no one else.

I am for NIL. I am not for the portal in its current state. The IRS is going to come calling on all this before long. The government is going to get their share

Mike Is in the SEC. This is big boy country. His "principles" are 2nd to our program.

StarkVegasSteve
12-07-2022, 09:42 PM
This is a terrible look for all involved. Leach, DJ, the football program. No one looks good in this situation. Outside of our fan base, DJ far and away looks the worst, but Leach does not look great. Inside our fan base, depending on how you feel about Leach, Leach either looks worse or they are both at fault.

dawgday166
12-07-2022, 09:49 PM
Mike Is in the SEC. This is big boy country. His "principles" are 2nd to our program.

Depends on what his principles are. And if he sticks with them, then up to MSU to decide if they can accept that.

I mean ... AU just hired Hugh Freeze.

BuckyIsAB****
12-07-2022, 10:03 PM

Well I can tell you he is 0 tolerance for stealing hitting women missing class or drugs. We hope none of those applied to DJ. But he is not going to coddle anyone. Those are pretty good principles in my opinion

MrCoachKlein
12-07-2022, 10:05 PM
Taking credit for your star LB, I see***

Hey, I had to show my Roy Orbison tatoo to land that recruit.

BuckyIsAB****
12-07-2022, 10:07 PM
Believe it or not football at least in my opinion was meant to be about creating good men and fathers and teaching life lessons. The money and social media has changed all that.

yjnkdawg
12-07-2022, 10:08 PM
Y'all chill. None of us know what happened. We can only speculate. Maybe we'll actually get the facts or maybe we won't. Let's let it all play out.

What you posted makes sense, but some have their own agendas so some don't want it to play out. All of this is allegedly right now. Nobody knows the scenario on why certain things were said or what type of conversation they had.

yjnkdawg
12-07-2022, 10:10 PM

This is incorrect.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 10:11 PM
Well I can tell you he is 0 tolerance for stealing hitting women missing class or drugs. We hope none of those applied to DJ. But he is not going to coddle anyone. Those are pretty good principles in my opinion

Glad he wasn't here when we recruited Jeff, then.

In this league you've got to he flexible on some things.

BuckyIsAB****
12-07-2022, 10:18 PM
Glad he wasn't here when we recruited Jeff, then.

In this league you've got to he flexible on some things.

Well. Him and his staffs have won enough to stand by his principles. I cant say how I would have handled the Simmons deal. I am for second chances and on the surface Simmons seems like a great guy.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-07-2022, 10:19 PM
I don?t blame DJ for transferring. I also believe he shouldn?t have put that about Leach in his tweet.

662dawg
12-07-2022, 10:20 PM

Lmao. Kids are weak as Charmin these days & people like you are part of the reason why. DJ is obviously pissed off bc Leach didn't beg him to stay. He's easily replaceable.

No way these kids could have played for my high school coaches back in the day. They would have quit the first day of practice. I've been told much worse things than a coach saying "you aren't tough" or whatever was said, if it was even said at all.

I know a few players that played for Freeze & Mullen & I can tell you that if this upset Dillon, then he wouldn't have been able to pay for either of them. Good luck to anyone thinking they're immune to criticism as a college football player.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2022, 10:23 PM
What you posted makes sense, but some have their own agendas so some don't want it to play out. All of this is allegedly right now. Nobody knows the scenario on why certain things were said or what type of conversation they had.

Yes and we'll never know for sure exactly what was said or done.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 10:23 PM
Lmao. Kids are weak as Charmin these days & people like you are part of the reason why. DJ is obviously pissed off bc Leach didn't beg him to stay. He's easily replaceable.

No way these kids could have played for my high school coaches back in the day. They would have quit the first day of practice. I've been told much worse things than a coach saying "you aren't tough" or whatever was said, if it was even said at all.

I know a few players that played for Freeze & Mullen & I can tell you that if this upset Dillon, then he wouldn't have been able to pay for either of them. Good luck to anyone thinking they're immune to criticism as a college football player.

Yep, all my fault.

RisperDawg
12-07-2022, 10:24 PM
Just some perspective: we had a running back named Kylin Hill a couple of years ago. Regardless of who was right or wrong off the field, we never missed his production.

662dawg

This exactly. I have "family" that actually plays for Leach right now & will be back next year & he says the players LOVE Coach Leach. This sounds like a situation where he expected Leach to beg him to stay & when it didn't happen he took a criticism from practice or something & ran with it as his way "out". I'll find out more tomorrow about what really happened.

Todd4State

Probably one of those "handlers" getting into his head and making him think he is bigger than he really is.

Not sure an AD can fix that.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 10:26 PM
Well. Him and his staffs have won enough to stand by his principles. I cant say how I would have handled the Simmons deal. I am for second chances and on the surface Simmons seems like a great guy.

Fair.

Todd4State
12-07-2022, 10:26 PM
We hire Moorhead and he coddles players and the players take advantage of him and we end up with a mess.

Fans want a coach with more discipline.

We hire Leach who brings in more discipline.

Now fans are mad because our coach is too hard on the players.

Nothing better summarizes Mississippi State fans.

Todd4State
12-07-2022, 10:27 PM
Just some perspective: we had a running back named Kylin Hill a couple of years ago. Regardless of who was right or wrong off the field, we never missed his production.

Yeah and interestingly enough his bad attitude showed up in the NFL.

Todd4State
12-07-2022, 10:28 PM
This exactly. I have "family" that actually plays for Leach right now & will be back next year & he says the players LOVE Coach Leach. This sounds like a situation where he expected Leach to beg him to stay & when it didn't happen he took a criticism from practice or something & ran with it as his way "out". I'll find out more tomorrow about what really happened.

Hard to make 100 guys happy.

I actually like the portal because if a player doesn't want to be here then they can leave. Rather that than have a bad attitude infect the entire team.

Coach34
12-07-2022, 10:29 PM
The Simmons deal was handled 100% correctly. Simmons got dragged into a Hood dispute and made the mistake guys in his neighborhood make every day. It was a family thing and not a case of a kid being involved in something nefarious. He was given a 2nd chance and told the microscope was on him. He became a campus leader at State, made good grades, and did what people figured he would do. Now he is one of the NFL's top 5 guys on the DL and you dont hear about any trouble from him.

Tater
12-07-2022, 10:32 PM
The Simmons deal was handled 100% correctly. Simmons got dragged into a Hood dispute and made the mistake guys in his neighborhood make every day. It was a family thing and not a case of a kid being involved in something nefarious. He was given a 2nd chance and told the microscope was on him. He became a campus leader at State, made good grades, and did what people figured he would do. Now he is one of the NFL's top 5 guys on the DL and you dont hear about any trouble from him.

Good post. Make more posts like this. Less like ones smelling your own fart.

CJDAWG85
12-07-2022, 10:32 PM
His dad spoke with my dad in a box at the ETSU game. His dad said he was going likely going pro because they were being a told he was a 4th or 5th round pick. Looks like they got bad advice. Shocker. He wanted big money and we clearly aren?t doing that. We are trying to keep the core as much as possible. This has become an absolute shit show. All I can say is everyone keep contributing.

RisperDawg
12-07-2022, 10:33 PM
Yeah, he's the poster child for second chances. Glad he managed to stay away from those scenarios afterward. If i were blessed with his build and someone laid hands and my family, you damn right i would use it.

Coach34
Good post. Make more posts like this. Less like ones smelling your own fart.

Ease up Francis

BeardoMSU

Absolutely.

But some guys have "zero tolerance".

EdwardDrayton
12-07-2022, 10:39 PM
Absolutely.

But some guys have "zero tolerance".

And zero tolerance is a lazy concept. All situations have uniquely different circumstances. Good leaders know how to apply the appropriate consequence in each situation.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 10:40 PM
And zero tolerance is a lazy concept. All situations have uniquely different circumstances. Good leaders know how to apply the appropriate consequence in each situation.

Yep.

Tater
12-07-2022, 10:44 PM
So far we've lost on offense to the portal officially

4th+ String QB - Greek
1stB HB - Johnson
4th+ String HB - Jernigan
4th+ String HB - Hargrove
1st String WR - Thomas
3rd+ String WR - Ford
?? Long Snapper - Robich
3rd String OL - Buys and Cavazos

Rumored to lose Zavion Thomas. - Even when you win the recruiting battle in LSU, home can come knocking now. This is gonna be a bumpy 5-10 years for the NCAA to figure it out.

Rumblings that I've heard:
Woody is 50/50 but DJ leaving actually tilts it towards us to about 60/40. Price has more explosiveness that I'm interested in. I wonder if it was a processing (in that it was choose 2, one has to leave and it was handled poorly) as DJ struggled down the stretch.
Tulu is staying put. JRob already burned his free transfer (why you should go after portal kids). We'd need two more solid contributors at WR to feel comfortable here. Shocked Ford is leaving when he can slot into Austin Williams type of role.
OL isn't really shopping, but we could use more competition always.

Guessing we're gonna have to weather some defensive hits. But I would be bringing in QB competition for Will. There's no continuity to argue for. And it's kind of clear that a lot of guys were unhappy with him from rumblings.

Here's hoping we keep Arnett off the plains. But I'm sure cooter is gonna tell us in a week that was the hold ya butthole part.

Jarius
12-07-2022, 10:44 PM

Kylin Hill cussed out a female staffer and threatened to shoot a teammate once he got back to Starkville while in the locker room at Kentucky. He was 100 % a cancer. This ain’t that.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-07-2022, 10:45 PM
Hill got bounced from the Packers as well

Activated Alpha
12-07-2022, 10:47 PM
Just hurry up and convert college football into an NFL minor league where kids get drafted into different schools. Oh you are 5* DL from boon**** Alabama? Here, The University of Rutgers has the number one draft pick. Enjoy New Jersey you greedy little prick

Oh you want to become a free agent in the portal KJ? Here ITT Tech for the deaf and blind in Portland, Maine have picked you up?.

What a mess college football is now

Cooterpoot
12-07-2022, 10:52 PM
That butthole pain is going to be deep. Time to pray for KY, because the pain is coming.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 10:53 PM
That butthole pain is going to be deep. Time to pray for KY, because the pain is coming.

Spit it out, dude.

Tater
12-07-2022, 10:54 PM
Spit it out, dude.

It's clearly Arnett leaving and a bunch of guys going back on their run it back tweets.

There's nothing else there. Will leaving would be half celebrated. Tulu got his bag. Woody could go but I don't think that's it. So what else could it be?

CJDAWG85
12-07-2022, 10:57 PM
Just give more

BeardoMSU
Great...

https://twitter.com/jaygreen__/status/1600679849475342341?t=XwNSiOSWiHjq9Z7C8yVfBQ&s=19

msstate7
It's clearly Arnett leaving and a bunch of guys going back on their run it back tweets.

There's nothing else there. Will leaving would be half celebrated. Tulu got his bag. Woody could go but I don't think that's it. So what else could it be?

Well that would be a really big blow

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 10:58 PM
Well that would be a really big blow

I guess we're a dead corpse donating organs at this point.

Activated Alpha
12-07-2022, 11:01 PM
I guess we're a dead corpse donating organs at this point.

And to other SEC programs to boot

Tater
12-07-2022, 11:01 PM
Could be Tulu the way he's liking tweets. Idk. I'm just gonna go dark on football until the bowl game. Seems healthier.

If Tulu and Woody hit the portal then you move on from Rogers. Simple as that. It'd be a clear indictment that everyone in the room wants to avoid him. You'd gain half of them back with a Will Rogers portal entry I bet.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 11:04 PM
Could be Tulu the way he's liking tweets. Idk. I'm just gonna go dark on football until the bowl game. Seems healthier.

If Tulu and Woody hit the portal then you move on from Rogers. Simple as that. It'd be a clear indictment that everyone in the room wants to avoid him. You'd gain half of them back with a Will Rogers portal entry I bet.

Agreed, but no way the Pirate entertains the demands of a mutiny. Will is his boy.

yjnkdawg
12-07-2022, 11:05 PM

I'm not sure what an AD could or would do , but we don't know what has actually happened. I had heard DJ had been pretty vocal about we needed to be running the ball more and that was prior to the Egg Bowl, but I wasn't in the locker room so I can't verify that. Best scenario I think would be just let it all play out. We have got a good shot at a really good running back if he enters the portal and the word is he plans too.

Matt3467
12-07-2022, 11:05 PM
https://twitter.com/JettJohnson12/status/1600541719296344065

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-07-2022, 11:11 PM
Great time to remind everyone the basketball team is ranked and it looks like our coach is real badass!

Commercecomet24
12-07-2022, 11:12 PM
Great time to remind everyone the basketball team is ranked and it looks like our coach is real badass!

We are a baseball and basketball school, lol!

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 11:13 PM
Robbie's tweet seems to resonate...

https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1600688053047246850?t=lJ-u_6AeLWpBzpZuCD4k8Q&s=19

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 11:14 PM
We are a baseball and basketball school, lol!

GD...some levity that actually makes one feel ok, lol.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2022, 11:14 PM

https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1600688053047246850?t=lJ-u_6AeLWpBzpZuCD4k8Q&s=19

Can't argue with that at this point!

Cooterpoot
12-07-2022, 11:15 PM
We don't have an AD and we've got a damn mess on our hands now.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 11:16 PM

Tell us something we don't know, CooterCun+

CJDAWG85
12-07-2022, 11:16 PM
There are thousands in the damn portal. If they don’t like being a starter at a SEC school. Leave.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2022, 11:20 PM
There are thousands in the damn portal. If they don’t like being a starter at a SEC school. Leave.

We're the only clown show. Can't blame it all on the players.

662dawg
12-07-2022, 11:21 PM

This can be said for every college in America right now. Everyone is going to be scrambling to keep players that are out looking for a better "deal". This portal crap has to be reeled in & being even Bama is getting hit pretty hard, they may just do something about it.

CJDAWG85
12-07-2022, 11:21 PM
Give more money then.

BuckyIsAB****
12-07-2022, 11:22 PM
His dad spoke with my dad in a box at the ETSU game. His dad said he was going likely going pro because they were being a told he was a 4th or 5th round pick. Looks like they got bad advice. Shocker. He wanted big money and we clearly aren?t doing that. We are trying to keep the core as much as possible. This has become an absolute shit show. All I can say is everyone keep contributing.

He had absolutely made it known that he was leaning to the NFL. Then he pulls this.

662dawg
12-07-2022, 11:23 PM

Because one player got his feelings hurt? Smdh

Matt3467

https://twitter.com/Wrogers__2/status/1600695318697644033?cxt=HHwWgsDUiav657YsAAAA

BuckyIsAB****

Far from it. Look at A&M and Bama. OM has had more leave than us too

Cooterpoot
12-07-2022, 11:24 PM
This can be said for every college in America right now. Everyone is going to be scrambling to keep players that are out looking for a better "deal". This portal crap has to be reeled in & being even Bama is getting hit pretty hard, they may just do something about it.

You don't understand who is about to be leaving and what's going down.

Tater
12-07-2022, 11:26 PM

A&M is a clown show too, to be fair. Just we're more current.

Florida is on the precipice, but I think they survive another year. Maybe. Billy Napier aimed too high. Same as Mullen. Some guys need to know their lane.

Auburn did literally just hire Freeze. That's a ticking time bomb and the move of a desperate bunch. Methinks he's gonna get a case of the Dan Mullen at "better SEC job" not doing a better job and be gone by end of year 3.

We've had two portal entries total that hurt (so far). We're not near as bad as the several that lost their QB. R-E-L-A-X and assess the state of the program in Spring.

Bulldog1
12-07-2022, 11:26 PM
Bookie in the portal

BuckyIsAB****
12-07-2022, 11:27 PM
During and After the Alabama game there was a feeling that we had some guys who made business decisions. Some malcontents

dawgday166

Is this like an inner city gang thing? A mob thing? Bullets fixing to start flying and cops showing up?

BeardoMSU
Another

https://twitter.com/Nathaniel_ATH/status/1600706099510140928?t=JEyJRNQCRNVU_werzkRq6A&s=19

CJDAWG85
12-07-2022, 11:28 PM
He wanted that kind of money and we said no. We can keep Marks and Price can take his place. We also have some food backs coming in.

Activated Alpha
12-07-2022, 11:29 PM

Then enlighten us

Tater

I mean you may as well just spill the beans.

Leaving it open to speculation can make it worse.

Right now you've got:
- Leach retiring
- Arnett to Auburn / Undoing the defense
- Tulu / Woody leaving

Those are the three things that make it "worse". So just hitch your horse to one if you want to be right or say you just have a bad feeling and move on.

Cooterpoot
He wanted that kind of money and we said no. We can keep Marks and Price can take his place. We also have some food backs coming in.

Marks is leaving too

BeardoMSU

Florida is on the precipice, but I think they survive another year. Maybe. Billy Napier aimed too high. Same as Mullen. Some guys need to know their lane.

Auburn did literally just hire Freeze. That's a ticking time bomb and the move of a desperate bunch. Methinks he's gonna get a case of the Dan Mullen at "better SEC job" not doing a better job and be gone by end of year 3.

We've had two portal entries total that hurt (so far). We're not near as bad as the several that lost their QB. R-E-L-A-X and assess the state of the program in Spring.

True clearly, buy all programs with far more cache than us, unfortunately.

msstate7

Thought I read aTm was keeping almost all the young stars they signed last year. That incorrect?

BuckyIsAB****
Another

https://twitter.com/Nathaniel_ATH/status/1600706099510140928?t=JEyJRNQCRNVU_werzkRq6A&s=19

I dont think he is being serious. I hope not

662dawg
12-07-2022, 11:30 PM
He had absolutely made it known that he was leaning to the NFL. Then he pulls this.

So here's another possible scenario. Leach could have advised him that he wasn't ready for the NFL & people are probably in his ear saying otherwise. And he isn't ready. I think we can all agree on that. He's not an NFL back. He could have taken Leach being honest with him the wrong way so he hit the portal & whined about it. He's definitely not going to another SEC West team bc he'd be at best 2nd team on any of them. Of course I'm just speculating. 😁