PDA

View Full Version : This is for all you Leach haters.........

99jc
12-04-2022, 03:29 PM
final CFP rankings........ go 17 urselves!

1. Georgia Bulldogs 13-0 (1)
2. Michigan Wolverines 13-0 (2)
3. TCU Horned Frogs 12-1 (3)
4. Ohio State Buckeyes 11-1 (5)
5. Alabama Crimson Tide 10-2 (6)
6. Tennessee Volunteers 10-2 (7)
7. Clemson Tigers 11-2 (9)
8. Utah Utes 10-3 (11)
9. Kansas State Wildcats 10-3 (10)
10. USC Trojans 11-2 (4)

11. Penn State Nittany Lions 10-2 (8)
12. Washington Huskies 10-2 (12)
13. Florida State Seminoles 9-3 (13)
14. Oregon State Beavers 9-3 (15)
15. Oregon Ducks 9-3 (16)

16. Tulane Green Wave 11-2 (18)
17. LSU Tigers 9-4 (14)
18. UCLA Bruins 9-3 (17)
19. South Carolina Gamecocks 8-4 (19)
20. Texas Longhorns 8-4 (20)
21. Notre Dame Fighting Irish 9-3 (21)
22. Mississippi State Bulldogs 8-4 (24)
23. NC State Wolfpack 8-4 (25)
24. Troy Trojans 11-2 (NR)
25. UTSA Roadrunners 11-2 (NR)

BulldogBear
12-04-2022, 03:31 PM
Notice there is no UMiss in there. This was their #webelieve season.

msstate7
12-04-2022, 03:32 PM
My problem with Leach is his offense. Our offense shouldn't be regressing with the returning starters.

Leach does run a good program though. This has been a successful season, and he should get props for that

99jc
12-04-2022, 03:36 PM
My problem with Leach is his offense. Our offense shouldn't be regressing with the returning starters.

Leach does run a good program though. This has been a successful season, and he should get props for that

i am not hating on him but Will Rogers holds us back and we all know it.

dawgday166
12-04-2022, 03:38 PM

He needs to be better next year without a doubt.

msstate7
12-04-2022, 03:38 PM

If that's the case, then leach needs to fix it. This is the portal age, you don't have to wait on a HS kid

99jc
12-04-2022, 04:07 PM
If that's the case, then leach needs to fix it. This is the portal age, you don't have to wait on a HS kid

You and i both know Leach will never bench the greatest statistical passer in MSU history. The only way he rides the bench is an injury. It is what it is.

ArrowDawg
12-04-2022, 04:11 PM

8. Utah Utes 10-3 (11)
10. USC Trojans 11-2 (4)

17. LSU Tigers 9-4 (14)
18. UCLA Bruins 9-3 (17)

Congrats, he's maintaining our mediocre to average standing in college football. Considering that his offense was supposed to be special, and help elevate this program above what we've been doing, I'm not impressed.

vindastra
12-04-2022, 04:17 PM
You and i both know Leach will ever bench the greatest statistical passer in MSU history. The only way he rides the bench is an injury. It is what it is.

There should be a pay-cut clause for fool-hardiness.

Todd4State
12-04-2022, 04:18 PM
Congrats, he's maintaining our mediocre to average standing in college football. Considering that his offense was supposed to be special, and help elevate this program above what we've been doing, I'm not impressed.

22 out of 130 teams is mediocre?

Todd4State
12-04-2022, 04:19 PM

Which is why we're trying to add receivers to the team through the portal and are looking to add another QB.

msstate7
12-04-2022, 04:21 PM
Which is why we're trying to add receivers to the team through the portal and are looking to add another QB.

That's good news. I don't know who should shoulder the blame for offensive regression, and I don't care... just fix it bc our returnees on D should allow for a really nice season

99jc
12-04-2022, 04:25 PM

arrowdawg i don't know where you have been but go back there...that is stupid

Todd4State
12-04-2022, 04:26 PM
That's good news. I don't know who should shoulder the blame for offensive regression, and I don't care... just fix it bc our returnees on D should allow for a really nice season

Things like that are typically more than one thing to blame.

Some of it is Will. Some of it is the receivers- they dropped a ton of passes. Leach could have moved Tulu to the slot which I think would improve us significantly. Some of it was Dillion getting injured after Kentucky. Some of it was playing Alabama and LSU on the road and Georgia.

I think we're very close though. But we have work to do in the portal at WR, S and K/P. And could use another legit EDGE rusher or two.

WSOPdawg
12-04-2022, 04:26 PM

This ^^^^ makes me happy :)

DownwardDawg
12-04-2022, 04:30 PM

Try not to get too excited. As 99 pointed out, we all know Will is the starter next year. I just hope he is better next season and has a hell of a year. Maybe a couple new receivers will help.

Dawgface
12-04-2022, 04:37 PM

It gets us to where Mullen had us on one of his good years.

R2Dawg
12-04-2022, 04:55 PM

8. Utah Utes 10-3 (11)
10. USC Trojans 11-2 (4)

17. LSU Tigers 9-4 (14)
18. UCLA Bruins 9-3 (17)

Good season, now lets win a bowl game against a lesser opponent.

Something for you - start being an MSU fan instead of a Leach fan or pusher. This is the MSU board not the Mike Leach board and I don't hate Leach but love MSU.

EdwardDrayton
12-04-2022, 05:01 PM
Try not to get too excited. As 99 pointed out, we all know Will is the starter next year. I just hope he is better next season and has a hell of a year. Maybe a couple new receivers will help.

I definitely will not get too excited if he is our starter.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2022, 05:02 PM

Something for you - start being an MSU fan instead of a Leach fan or pusher. This is the MSU board not the Mike Leach board and I don't hate Leach but love MSU.

Excellent post

EdwardDrayton
12-04-2022, 05:02 PM

Some folks like to throw the 'hate' word around when it doesn't apply at all.

Coach34
12-04-2022, 05:22 PM
It gets us to where Mullen had us on one of his good years.

Mullen won 8 or more games in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2017 and had built his best team for 2018 before leaving. Leach is just now getting to the Mullen level

Todd4State
12-04-2022, 05:23 PM

We're going to try to find another QB but

A. That doesn't mean we're looking to replace Will

B. It's going to be hard to find someone that is actually legitimately better than him in the portal.

C. We need another QB for depth purposes. But because of A and B it's going to have to be a fit. We're probably talking about a FCS QB who wants a shot at the SEC and wants to play for Leach hoping to parlay that into a coaching job potentially if winning the QB job doesn't work out or a guy who is a sophomore in eligibility.

Coach34
12-04-2022, 05:43 PM
We shouldn’t need a QB for depth- we have Rogers, Greek, Robertson, Locke, and Weir. Only way you bring in a QB is to compete for the job or you aren’t happy with your QB room.

TorpedoIPA
12-04-2022, 05:46 PM
You and i both know Leach will never bench the greatest statistical passer in MSU history. The only way he rides the bench is an injury. It is what it is.

Leach believes in open competiton. At Washington State, Leach won the battle for transfer QB Gabe Gubrud, a former FCS All-American and two-time Walter Payton Award finalist. In his EWU career, Gubrud threw for 87 TDs and 9,984 yards and rushed for another 1,042 yards. He compiled 21-7 record as EWU's starting QB. But in open competition in the spring and fall, senior Anthony Gordon beat him out.

If anyone gives us a better chance to win, Leach will play him.

msu15
12-04-2022, 05:52 PM

That's the Eric I remember.

Coach34
12-04-2022, 06:09 PM
We shouldn’t need a QB for depth- we have Rogers, Greek, Robertson, Locke, and Weir. Only way you bring in a QB is to compete for the job or you aren’t happy with your QB room.

I guess here is where the disconnect is:

Leach-Lovers try to act like he has already matched where Mullen had the program- which is not true. They try to bring down Mullen by saying "Mullen only averaged 7 wins at State...blah blah blah". This is Leach's 1st 8 win season- achieved in Y3- while Mullen did it in Y2.

In truth- Mullen won 8 or more games 5 times and in 3 of his 4 last seasons. Plus, he had built 2018's team into a special one. Mullen had really built the program up and his leaving really hurt considering his replacement was sub-par.

Leach may get it back to that point- but it's not there yet.

Lord McBuckethead
12-04-2022, 06:23 PM
Imagine if we didn?t offensively shit the bed against LSU and Kentucky and had to play Georgia.

EdwardDrayton
12-04-2022, 06:38 PM
Leach believes in open competiton. At Washington State, Leach won the battle for transfer QB Gabe Gubrud, a former FCS All-American and two-time Walter Payton Award finalist. In his EWU career, Gubrud threw for 87 TDs and 9,984 yards and rushed for another 1,042 yards. He compiled 21-7 record as EWU's starting QB. But in open competition in the spring and fall, senior Anthony Gordon beat him out.

We may not HAVE someone who gives us a better chance to win but we NEED someone who gives us a better chance.

dawgday166
12-04-2022, 06:40 PM

Leach-Lovers try to act like he has already matched where Mullen had the program- which is not true. They try to bring down Mullen by saying "Mullen only averaged 7 wins at State...blah blah blah". This is Leach's 1st 8 win season- achieved in Y3- while Mullen did it in Y2.

In truth- Mullen won 8 or more games 5 times and in 3 of his 4 last seasons. Plus, he had built 2018's team into a special one. Mullen had really built the program up and his leaving really hurt considering his replacement was sub-par.

Without a doubt IMO Mullen is an outstanding coach when he wants to be.

However, here are some other disconnects: Mullen had 2 full spring practices, a full 1st season with 4 OOC games, wasn't decimated personnel wise by Covid rules in several of his games the 1st 2 years, and inherited a program and a recruiting class that was on the way up somewhat and was a pretty disciplined overall program. Leach also played the best team in the East 2 of his 1st 3 years. Everyone seems to wanna discount those disconnects when in reality it's not a apples-to-apples comparison.

I'm not always happy with Leach, but I also think he needs a little time. I also think all football programs have these unrealistic expectations for new coaches nowadays, and are hiring/firing every 3 years or so cause the new coaches can't get them to conference title games or NY6 Bowls.. And I personally don't think we should be hiring/firing coaches every 2 or 3 years at MSU. MSU still has the same drawbacks relative to revenue in and out compared to the upper tier teams.

This year is somewhat the equivalent of the 2017 team but won't have as much pure talent on it. That's not saying it's as good as that team but, if everyone comes back that says they are and Rogers can get much better, we should be pretty darn decent next year.

Todd4State
12-04-2022, 06:41 PM

I'm expecting someone(s) to transfer out.

We need someone that can push Will like a Jack Abraham type. We also need someone who we can put in when Will has his lulls.

Todd4State
12-04-2022, 06:44 PM

IF Leach wins the bowl his first three seasons would be about the equivalent of Dan's first three at MSU win wise. Difference basically would be switching years 2 and 3 win totals. Which is also about the equivalent of Jackie's first three years as well in sheer win totals.

It's not about tearing Dan down. It's pointing out that the same people who are complaining about Leach are also some of the same praising Dan for basically the same results or very close to it.

Todd4State
12-04-2022, 06:45 PM
Imagine if we didn?t offensively shit the bed against LSU and Kentucky and had to play Georgia.

With LSU- If Austin had not muffed that punt.

DownwardDawg
12-04-2022, 06:51 PM
I definitely will not get too excited if he is our starter.

Lol. I understand.

Cowbell
12-04-2022, 07:43 PM

This seems to be the main point of confusion within the Leach debate. I love Leach as a head coach. I just wish he would fire his offensive coordinator. You can hate the offense and realize it's extremely limited while also respecting the job he has done as an overall HC.

Cowbell
12-04-2022, 07:48 PM
We may not HAVE someone who gives us a better chance to win but we NEED someone who gives us a better chance.

Or we need an offensive scheme that doesn't rely so much on the QB being mistake free.

bulldawg28
12-04-2022, 08:08 PM

Leach has not shown open competition at Qb. The backups can't even get mop up duty. He's riding the Will train until the wheels fall off. We hit our ceiling this year with Will at Qb. He's terrified at any defense that sacks him once or twice.

maroonmania
12-04-2022, 08:17 PM
Things like that are typically more than one thing to blame.

Some of it is Will. Some of it is the receivers- they dropped a ton of passes. Leach could have moved Tulu to the slot which I think would improve us significantly. Some of it was Dillion getting injured after Kentucky. Some of it was playing Alabama and LSU on the road and Georgia.

I think we're very close though. But we have work to do in the portal at WR, S and K/P. And could use another legit EDGE rusher or two.

NOTHING will change with our offense if Rogers doesn't get better as a downfield passer. Leach has never really had a mobile QB but on his better TT and WSU teams he always had a QB that could burn you down the field if the defense didn't protect the back end. Will can't really do that. His lack of arm strength and accuracy throwing deeper passes keeps everything with our offense happening within 20 yards of the LOS. That really compresses the area of the field the defense has to focus on covering.

Todd4State
12-04-2022, 08:24 PM
NOTHING will change with our offense if Rogers doesn't get better as a downfield passer. Leach has never really had a mobile QB but on his better TT and WSU teams he always had a QB that could burn you down the field if the defense didn't protect the back end. Will can't really do that. His lack of arm strength and accuracy throwing deeper passes keeps everything with our offense happening within 20 yards of the LOS. That really compresses the area of the field the defense has to focus on covering.

Will has a good enough arm to make the throws he needs to. The issue is him actually doing it and also on the receivers to catch it more consistently. His accuracy is very good 20+ yards. The majority of Ducking and RaRa's TD's have been over 20+ yards.

But that's why I want Tulu in the slot. He is great in space and can make plays in traffic and get more YAC. He is also more of a vertical threat in the slot than Harvey, Austin, and maybe Walley.

Those are the kinds of things that help this offense be explosive. Our receivers lack of abilities to make YAC in the slots is an issue that doesn't get talked about enough.

maroonmania
12-04-2022, 08:34 PM
Will has a good enough arm to make the throws he needs to. The issue is him actually doing it and also on the receivers to catch it more consistently. His accuracy is very good 20+ yards. The majority of Ducking and RaRa's TD's have been over 20+ yards.

But that's why I want Tulu in the slot. He is great in space and can make plays in traffic and get more YAC. He is also more of a vertical threat in the slot than Harvey, Austin, and maybe Walley.

Those are the kinds of things that help this offense be explosive. Our receivers lack of abilities to make YAC in the slots is an issue that doesn't get talked about enough.

I would like to know the number of completions through the season we had of more than 25 yards against SEC competition? I would say it was very few based on what I can remember. Most of our longer pass completions came against non-SEC competition. Will missed several opportunities down the field even when we had guys open against some of our better competition but the main thing is he didn't even try that many shots. We have to show teams we can be successful throwing down the field if we want to open up the area we like to operate in.

drummerdawg
12-04-2022, 08:35 PM
I guess here is This is Leach's 1st 8 win season- achieved in Y3- while Mullen did it in Y2.

Ok, let's talk about Y3 then. What is the excuse for Mullen's Y3? He Had to beat a terrible OM team to get bowl eligible at 6-6 and went 2-6 in the SEC.

Leach on the other hand won 8 in the regular season and went 4-4 in the SEC in Y3, which matches Mullen's best season in that span.

So, the argument is that Mullen was superior because he had an extra win in year 2 than Leach in year 3, but don't bring up that he regressed in year 3 while Leach has improved his win totals every season 🤔

Really Clark?
12-04-2022, 08:46 PM
Ok, let's talk about Y3 then. What is the excuse for Mullen's Y3? He Had to beat a terrible OM team to get bowl eligible at 6-6 and went 2-6 in the SEC.

Leach on the other hand won 8 in the regular season and went 4-4 in the SEC in Y3, which matches Mullen's best season in that span.

So, the argument is that Mullen was superior because he had an extra win in year 2 than Leach in year 3, but don't bring up that he regressed in year 3 while Leach has improved his win totals every season 🤔

Our starting QB was hurt most of the year...imagine what this season would have been record wise if Will had missed / played hurt as much as Relf did. Heck, we had to bring in 3rd string Farve vs Ark.

ETA...The SEC West was an absolute beast in 2011 and we played ranked Georgia and Top 10 SEC East champ's SC that year too.

Maverick91
12-04-2022, 08:49 PM
arrowdawg i don't know where you have been but go back there...that is stupid

I was going to say the same thing. Talk about coming out of the woodwork to make a post.

Goldendawg
12-04-2022, 08:59 PM
I'm expecting someone(s) to transfer out.

We need someone that can push Will like a Jack Abraham type. We also need someone who we can put in when Will has his lulls.

Didn't Abraham transfer to MO, never to be heard from again? If someone from Greek, Roberson, Locke or Parson can't push Will someone did a poor job in the rankings, and we have done a terrible job in evaluation, recruiting, and development. How many can we keep in a position room just holding a clipboard or sitting on the bench? We will enter the Spring with 5 QB's on scholarship. Time for someone to step up. Tough, but today's NIL/Portal reality. and right on cue, new thread that Greek is transferring.

dawgday166
12-04-2022, 09:08 PM
Our starting QB was hurt most of the year...imagine what this season would have been record wise if Will had missed / played hurt as much as Relf did. Heck, we had to bring in 3rd string Farve vs Ark.

ETA...The SEC West was an absolute beast in 2011 and we played ranked Georgia and Top 10 SEC East champ's SC that year too.

We beat Arky. 10-3 overall.

Really Clark?
12-04-2022, 09:16 PM
We beat Arky. 10-3 overall.

I'm 2011? We were blown out by Ark.

There is nothing we've seen to think we would be any better than 6-6 this year. That's just wishful thinking because we don't have a back-up QB that is close to being ready.

dawgday166
12-04-2022, 09:18 PM
I'm 2011? We were blown out by Ark.

There is nothing we've seen to think we would be any better than 6-6 this year. That's just wishful thinking because we don't have a back-up QB that is close to being ready.

Thought you were talking 2010 .. my bad.

Really Clark?
12-04-2022, 09:19 PM

No problem!

Coach34
12-04-2022, 09:26 PM

Exactly.

LSU and Bama played for the NC
Georgia was on the schedule
We lost alot of Seniors from 2010 and played alot of young guys- especially on the OL. Clausell and Wild Man at Center
UPig was 11-2 that year
We played Auburn on the road and lost on the last play of the game
Ralph was beat up and Russell wasnt ready to play
We still made a bowl and won it

Goldendawg
12-04-2022, 09:36 PM

So, the argument is that Mullen was superior because he had an extra win in year 2 than Leach in year 3, but don't bring up that he regressed in year 3 while Leach has improved his win totals every season ��

Mullen is now looked on sometimes as an ex-girlfriend of many years, whom you remember the best times, but forget she dumped you. Hail state!

Leroy Jenkins
12-04-2022, 10:05 PM
This seems to be the main point of confusion within the Leach debate. I love Leach as a head coach. I just wish he would fire his offensive coordinator. You can hate the offense and realize it's extremely limited while also respecting the job he has done as an overall HC.

Yup. I like Leach the HC. I don't like Leach the OC.

Todd4State
12-04-2022, 10:30 PM
I would like to know the number of completions through the season we had of more than 25 yards against SEC competition? I would say it was very few based on what I can remember. Most of our longer pass completions came against non-SEC competition. Will missed several opportunities down the field even when we had guys open against some of our better competition but the main thing is he didn't even try that many shots. We have to show teams we can be successful throwing down the field if we want to open up the area we like to operate in.

Off the top of my head our two passing TD's in the Egg Bowl were over 20 yards. I remember us burning Arkansas and Texas A&M for deep TD's as well. We had 25 passes this year that went for 20+ yards or more in SEC play. For context that was good for 9th in the conference and 10 behind the leader which was Georgia with 35. Basically middle of the pack in the SEC. All games we had 41 which was good for 8th in the league so it doesn't appear as if we just chunked it up more against OOC play- basically it rounds out to 3 20+ completions a game and 4 20+ completions against OOC foes. We weren't really that bad all things considered compared to the rest of the league in that category. Could be better. Also, this doesn't appear to include plays of 30+, 40+, 50+ etc.

Todd4State
12-04-2022, 10:39 PM
Didn't Abraham transfer to MO, never to be heard from again? If someone from Greek, Roberson, Locke or Parson can't push Will someone did a poor job in the rankings, and we have done a terrible job in evaluation, recruiting, and development. How many can we keep in a position room just holding a clipboard or sitting on the bench? We will enter the Spring with 5 QB's on scholarship. Time for someone to step up. Tough, but today's NIL/Portal reality. and right on cue, new thread that Greek is transferring.

Apparently per stats Abraham actually played some for them believe it or not.

Realistically we shouldn't expect freshmen to be ready to be the back up in year one or two as a redshirt freshman. Year 3 as a RS sophomore they should be far along enough to be a quality back up. They should be ready to start as a RS junior and senior. Yes, there are exceptions like Trevor Lawrence but those are just that- exceptions.

A lot of it is a numbers game. Will technically has two years left. If Sawyer stays he may only get to start one year. He is competing with Locke who has a similar skill set. Locke being behind him and possibly beating him out would give Locke two years-maybe three to play. Sawyer put himself behind coming to campus in the fall as opposed to the winter. Greek has been beat out by Sawyer and Locke. He's leaving and would never start here barring injury. Parson isn't here yet. Lovertich I believe is leaving but he could come back with a COVID year I think but I could be wrong.

We'll see if Sawyer stays but if he doesn't beat out Locke he will leave. I don't know what his plans are our not as far as this portal cycle.

More than likely if I had to guess we'll have Will for two more years and then Locke will be next while Parson develops.

TrapGame
12-04-2022, 10:40 PM
Yup. I like Leach the HC. I don't like Leach the OC.

That's why I really wish that Leach would bring in Graham Harrell as Co-OC/QB coach.

Todd4State
12-04-2022, 10:42 PM

The thing is Leach doesn't get the same pass from some of our fans for playing Alabama, LSU, and Georgia this year or the COVID year.

Not saying you. Just speaking in general. Both are valid points for both coaches.

Todd4State
12-04-2022, 10:44 PM
That's why I really wish that Leach would bring in Graham Harrell as Co-OC/QB coach.

Bringing in an OC isn't going to do much other than placate some fans on the outside because the QB has most of the freedom to call the plays.

Quaoarsking
12-04-2022, 10:51 PM

We also lost to Arkansas in 2010. Brutal 2OT heartbreaker.

Goldendawg
12-04-2022, 10:55 PM
Apparently per stats Abraham actually played some for them believe it or not.

Realistically we shouldn't expect freshmen to be ready to be the back up in year one or two as a redshirt freshman. Year 3 as a RS sophomore they should be far along enough to be a quality back up. They should be ready to start as a RS junior and senior. Yes, there are exceptions like Trevor Lawrence but those are just that- exceptions.

A lot of it is a numbers game. Will technically has two years left. If Sawyer stays he may only get to start one year. He is competing with Locke who has a similar skill set. Locke being behind him and possibly beating him out would give Locke two years-maybe three to play. Sawyer put himself behind coming to campus in the fall as opposed to the winter. Greek has been beat out by Sawyer and Locke. He's leaving and would never start here barring injury. Parson isn't here yet. Lovertich I believe is leaving but he could come back with a COVID year I think but I could be wrong.

We'll see if Sawyer stays but if he doesn't beat out Locke he will leave. I don't know what his plans are our not as far as this portal cycle.

More than likely if I had to guess we'll have Will for two more years and then Locke will be next while Parson develops.

I agree with everything you say, but Will had to play has a Freshman and he was rated lower than Roberson and Locke, don't know about Greek. This QB room has been over rated or very slow to develop even a reliable backup it seems.

Matt3467
12-04-2022, 11:10 PM
The thing is Leach doesn't get the same pass from some of our fans for playing Alabama, LSU, and Georgia this year or the COVID year.

Not saying you. Just speaking in general. Both are valid points for both coaches.

Yea he doesn't get a pass at all for 2020 by those that desperately need something to point at to prove Leach is inferior to Dan in every way.

confucius say
12-04-2022, 11:45 PM

He benched Luke Faulk as a senior

Cooterpoot
12-04-2022, 11:49 PM
22 your goal with a very experienced team? Cool
If we lose the bowl game, & finish unranked, can we tell you to 17 your self?
That's how close you are to having nothing to say really.
Leach needs to win the bowl game to get some momentum rolling. We need some strain, or juice, or some other lame analogy. 9 wins can be a bit of a spring board for the team and fans.

Turfdawg67
12-04-2022, 11:53 PM

Missed the year Mullen played an all SEC schedule... but I'm sure Mullen would've been 8-2 that year.** Leach basically won 8 in two normal seasons as well. Four OOC games in 2020 and he probably would've done it year one.

Turfdawg67
12-04-2022, 11:59 PM
Leach needs to win the bowl game to get some momentum rolling. We need some strain, or juice, or some other lame analogy. 9 wins can be a bit of a spring board for the team and fans.

A bunch on here were saying 6-6 at best, looks they really shouldn't have anything to say, really.

Todd4State
12-05-2022, 01:58 AM
I agree with everything you say, but Will had to play has a Freshman and he was rated lower than Roberson and Locke, don't know about Greek. This QB room has been over rated or very slow to develop even a reliable backup it seems.

He did- out of necessity. Normally he wouldn't have.

Will is better than Greek and Lovertich.

Will isn't as athletic as Robertson but right now he is a better QB.

Same as Locke who has only been at MSU a year and may be the second best QB we have right now depending on who you talk to. But we're not going to play him now and mortgage his future. He has to develop.

99jc
12-05-2022, 07:13 AM

22 is never the goal.....but it is better than 90% of you swore by. i said at the start of the season 9-10 wins. some of you like to be miserable.

RisperDawg
12-05-2022, 08:23 AM
Last year's forward prospects all seemed to rest on how they replaced Charles Cross. It seemed like most of this year's 6-6 estimators were assuming left tackle would be a weak spot all year. Glad that wasn't the case. I haven't seen a lot of credit given for this accomplishment but it was big, to the point we didn't even talk about OL play for most of the year.

If the staff righted the ship on that issue, hopefully they can do the same for QB. How people fail to find hope with CML, i don't know.

maroonmania
12-05-2022, 08:43 AM
Off the top of my head our two passing TD's in the Egg Bowl were over 20 yards. I remember us burning Arkansas and Texas A&M for deep TD's as well. We had 25 passes this year that went for 20+ yards or more in SEC play. For context that was good for 9th in the conference and 10 behind the leader which was Georgia with 35. Basically middle of the pack in the SEC. All games we had 41 which was good for 8th in the league so it doesn't appear as if we just chunked it up more against OOC play- basically it rounds out to 3 20+ completions a game and 4 20+ completions against OOC foes. We weren't really that bad all things considered compared to the rest of the league in that category. Could be better. Also, this doesn't appear to include plays of 30+, 40+, 50+ etc.

Interesting, although I'm still not sure you can say that is very good given we throw the ball WAY more than anyone else in the league. I would be willing to bet that most of those 25 passes had a lot of run after catch involved. So what I am really referencing are throws that covered that length, not just a guy catching a 10 yard pass and then running for another 20. Anyone watching us can see we are not good at completing throws down the field.

msstate7
12-05-2022, 08:54 AM
Long passing play ranks in conf-only games...
10+: 2nd
20+: 8th
30+: 11th tied
40+: 14th
50+: 13th tie

This was discussed somewhere in the thread

BB30
12-05-2022, 10:03 AM

Man, you do realize we have the smallest budget in the sec and our NIL offering compared to others is terrible.

If you want us to take the next step start donating a couple million a year to the program.

Is what it is at our best we will always be a 6-6 to
9-3 team with the outside shot at making a run at the west every 4-5 years. At least until we start raising more money.

You're expecting alabama/uga results on a cheap beer budget. Nick Saban makes almost double what our hc makes.

We are paying leach I believe 5.5 mil. Ole miss just bumped Kiffin up to 9 mil a year.

We don't have the money to consistently compete for sec or national championships in the SEC. either accept it or find a way to raise more money. Ole miss out spends us in recruiting by several several million.

Bama and uga's recruiting budget Is over double what ours is.

At the end of the day college football is no different than any other industry. Money talks.

BB30
12-05-2022, 10:10 AM

An experienced team, yes. Did you look at our losses? Only one we should have in my opinion won was the ky game.

We lost to:

Sec west champs LSU and had a chance to win that one

Kentucky

Alabama

UGA

That's a pretty solid season considering you had to play the defending National champs and bama.

It's not like he lost to a bunch of scrubs. Every one of those teams has a bigger budget than we do for football. Three of them by almost triple what we spend on recruiting and NIL. Kentucky even spends more than we do.

I don't see how some of y'all don't understand that we are dead last in fundraising and recruiting budget except for possibly vandy and they keep their numbers private and money is the reason we aren't a consistent nc team or sec champ team.

Look at Michigan they wanted to fire harbaugh just three or four years ago but stuck with him and he eventually built the program back up. Give leach some time.

msstate7
12-05-2022, 10:13 AM
An experienced team, yes. Did you look at our losses? Only one we should have in my opinion won was the ky game.

We lost to:

Sec west champs LSU and had a chance to win that one

Kentucky

Alabama

UGA

That's a pretty solid season considering you had to play the defending National champs and bama.

It's not like he lost to a bunch of scrubs. Every one of those teams has a bigger budget than we do for football. Three of them by almost triple what we spend on recruiting and NIL. Kentucky even spends more than we do.

I don't see how some of y'all don't understand that we are dead last in fundraising and recruiting budget except for possibly vandy and they keep their numbers private and money is the reason we aren't a consistent nc team or sec champ team.

Look at Michigan they wanted to fire harbaugh just three or four years ago but stuck with him and he eventually built the program back up. Give leach some time.

The lsu loss was bad imo. LSU was not playing well at all at the time. We had chances early to separate and didn't. We were favored

Cowbell
12-05-2022, 10:38 AM
The lsu loss was bad imo. LSU was not playing well at all at the time. We had chances early to separate and didn't. We were favored

But we should be happy with playing them close*

Todd4State
12-05-2022, 11:29 AM
But we should be happy with playing them close*

I mean they did beat Alabama there. It's not like we lost to Arkansas State on the road or something like that.

drummerdawg
12-05-2022, 11:33 AM

How dare us not separate early enough in Baton Rouge at night to the eventual SEC West champs***

msstate7
12-05-2022, 11:37 AM
How dare us not separate early enough in Baton Rouge at night to the eventual SEC West champs***

Maybe if we woulda used our really good PR instead of our horrible PR, we woulda won.

Most here seem incapable of realizing lsu then was not the lsu team that came tougher on the road at Florida later. We absolutely shoulda won that game

R2Dawg
12-05-2022, 12:46 PM

100% true. Leach still got ways to go to achieve where Mullen had the program. Really don't understand anyone not being able to see this. Got nothing to do with love or hate Mullen or Leach.

While next year many are predicting the "Big" year and maybe it will be. It will not be easy. Aub, TAMU will be improved and maybe LSU and OM. Not sure about Ark. We got a rising USC. We are two plays from being 6-6 this year in the golden year of Leach football.

Hail State and hope we go 12-0 next year. I pull not State and not a coach.

Really Clark?
12-05-2022, 01:42 PM
He benched Luke Faulk as a senior

Luke Falk broke his wrist the second game of the year vs Boise St but held off surgery until after the season. He was going to try to wait until after the bowl game but it kept getting worse and ended up having surgery after the end of the season. They put a small cast and glove on it prior to every game and took it off immediately to hide the fact it was broken.

He was pulled vs Arizona but started the rest of the regular season. He struggled at times as a senior but it was acknowledged after the season that the injury and pain of playing through that was an issue.

Todd4State
12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Maybe if we woulda used our really good PR instead of our horrible PR, we woulda won.

Most here seem incapable of realizing lsu then was not the lsu team that came tougher on the road at Florida later. We absolutely shoulda won that game

This is absurd. There's a reason it's called Death Valley. The only team that beat them there was Tennessee. We struggled on the road all year long.

Coach34
12-05-2022, 01:57 PM
Luke Falk broke his wrist the second game of the year vs Boise St but held off surgery until after the season. He was going to try to wait until after the bowl game but it kept getting worse and ended up having surgery after the end of the season. They put a small cast and glove on it prior to every game and took it off immediately to hide the fact it was broken.

He was pulled vs Arizona but started the rest of the regular season. He struggled at times as a senior but it was acknowledged after the season that the injury and pain of playing through that was an issue.

Exactly. Rogers will be our QB in 2023

msstate7
12-05-2022, 02:04 PM
This is absurd. There's a reason it's called Death Valley. The only team that beat them there was Tennessee. We struggled on the road all year long.

You're right we struggled on the road all year... we didn't break 350 total yards on offense in a sec road game. We didnt break 300 in 3 of the 4. That's my point... our offense blew it in that game and Kentucky too. Bama loss is acceptable. Our D beat OM.

Pancho
12-05-2022, 02:05 PM
Sound like we are getting good return on investment far as HC salary goes. The sharks/bears paying 3.5 million more for same result.

tcdog70
12-05-2022, 02:34 PM

DAMN YOU CAN'T HELP--I WISH YOU WOULD FIND ANOTHER TEAM TO BITCH AT.

msstate7
12-05-2022, 02:42 PM
DAMN YOU CAN'T HELP--I WISH YOU WOULD FIND ANOTHER TEAM TO BITCH AT.

Imagine letting someone you don't even know getting you so upset you scream at the internet

tcdog70
12-05-2022, 02:42 PM
You're right we struggled on the road all year... we didn't break 350 total yards on offense in a sec road game. We didnt break 300 in 3 of the 4. That's my point... our offense blew it in that game and Kentucky too. Bama loss is acceptable. Our D beat OM.

Come on Kentucky played well at Home--then we lose at Bama and LSU--shit-so does everyone else. You are the mully grubbingiest dude in the history of message Board who isn't happy anytime. You just knew Ole Miss was going to destroy us--wrong--our offense didn't play bad Will did. how about give him credit for the drive before half --that didn't have shit to do with defense. Did you think before the season we would win 8-9 games--hell no--.

tcdog70
12-05-2022, 02:44 PM
Imagine letting someone you don't even know getting you so upset you scream at the internet

you are worse than a nagging wife--are you happy with anything MSU related--

msstate7
12-05-2022, 02:44 PM
Come on Kentucky played well at Home--then we lose at Bama and LSU--shit-so does everyone else. You are the mully grubbingiest dude in the history of message Board who isn't happy anytime. You just knew Ole Miss was going to destroy us--wrong--our offense didn't play bad Will did. how about give him credit for the drive before half --that didn't have shit to do with defense. Did you think before the season we would win 8-9 games--hell no--.

I've already posted my betting ticket from the egg bowl, so you're wrong

msstate7
12-05-2022, 02:47 PM
you are worse than a nagging wife--are you happy with anything MSU related--

I'm happy with our football program's results, but I do think we have an offensive issue that's concerning.

I love our basketball program right now, but not sure we can sustain this level unless some guys start shooting better from the outside.

Im not happy in any way with our baseball from the last time I saw them, but I have they will be much improved.

I'm just much more critical than most here, but that doesn't mean im unhappy... I just always wanna see improvement

tcdog70
12-05-2022, 02:59 PM

same players at home for LSU.. They lost to a Fla St team because of turnovers. that Damn Leach playing a Sr.(on the road at Death Valley) who had been catching punts for two years instead of a freshman.

msstate7
12-05-2022, 03:05 PM
same players at home for LSU.. They lost to a Fla St team because of turnovers. that Damn Leach playing a Sr.(on the road at Death Valley) who had been catching punts for two years instead of a freshman.

Use your best. Leach wasn't playing safe going for it on 4th down on our side of field. I liked us going for those 4th's too.

QuadrupleOption
12-05-2022, 03:21 PM

Generally when a team beats your ass for 3/4 of a game, you can't really say you "should have" won the game. It would have been NICE to win that game. I would have LIKED to win that game. But LSU beat our asses 9 ways from Sunday because they were better than us. We hung tough for a half, just like a lot of teams did with them. Then they wore us out and beat us up - just like they did a lot of other teams. That's who they are this year.

Goldendawg
12-05-2022, 03:43 PM

Didn't vandy beat KY at KY? Very ugly loss for us.

msstate7
12-05-2022, 03:50 PM
Generally when a team beats your ass for 3/4 of a game, you can't really say you "should have" won the game. It would have been NICE to win that game. I would have LIKED to win that game. But LSU beat our asses 9 ways from Sunday because they were better than us. We hung tough for a half, just like a lot of teams did with them. Then they wore us out and beat us up - just like they did a lot of other teams. That's who they are this year.

We had a 16-10 lead when the muff punt happened. Total yards for each team at that point - lsu 252, state 245. After that fumble, total yards - lsu 165, state 44. That fumble was a back breaker that changed the whole game

NCDawg
12-05-2022, 03:51 PM

Yeah. South Carolina beat Kentucky at home, too. Bottom line is that we just didn't play well that game, on offense or defense. Almost as bad as Moorhead's first year playing Kentucky there.

Really Clark?
12-05-2022, 03:54 PM

What??? We led until the very beginning of the 4th quarter on Williams fumble. The defense kicked LSU's butt for 3/4 of the game until out PR gift wrapped a 1st and goal for them. Don't try to re-write history of that game. And I am one who never had a problem with Austin taken those punts because his history of being sure handed and Thomas had shown to be shaky in traffic. But don't act like that play didn't completely change the game...a game we dominated them defensively for 3 quarters.

msstate7
12-05-2022, 03:55 PM

They did.

Vandy had 448 total yards
We had 225 total yards

Our offense for whatever reason didn't travel at all. That has to be fixed. You can't win road games putting up less than 300 yds. We avg'd 286 yds/game on road in sec games this season

Coach34
12-05-2022, 03:57 PM
What??? We led until the very beginning of the 4th quarter on Williams fumble. The defense kicked LSU's butt for 3/4 of the game until OU PR gift wrapped a 1st and goal for them. Don't try to re-write history of that game.

outscored 21-0 in the 4th Q

Really Clark?
12-05-2022, 04:01 PM
outscored 21-0 in the 4th Q

Yeah no doubt we gave out defensively at the end and got beat bad but the poster was saying they destroyed us for 3/4 of the game. That's not true. Without the muff punt we may not have won but that was a complete back breaker and we were done at that point.

Goldendawg
12-05-2022, 04:04 PM
They did.

Vandy had 448 total yards
We had 225 total yards

Our offense for whatever reason didn't travel at all. That has to be fixed. You can't win road games putting up less than 300 yds. We avg'd 286 yds/game on road in sec games this season

Whatever the causes, our often predictable offense that disappears for 1 1/2 to 2 quarters a game must be improved to maintain or improve on 8 wins next year. We need a backup QB that can come in, provide a spark, and let Will watch a couple of series and settle down. Also need some WR's to step up and get in rhythm rather than have a 12* man rotation. Also, RTDB a little more JMO.

TrapGame
12-05-2022, 05:03 PM

Oh, good Lord.

No one was at that Vandy game at Kroger Field. They had maybe 30k at the most. It was 30 ****ing degrees and KY was totally checked out of that game. That was a BAD loss for them.

As opposed to losing two games in a row, one to SC with a backup QB and a heart breaker at OM. Stoops had them fired up and focused for a sold out night game against us with a RB back from missing a couple games ready to make an impact and a future NFL QB injured but leading his team. They were not going to lose that game. And it's not all offense. Arnett's game plan was shit. If our defense could have gotten just two more stops we could have won that one in a close one.

Goldendawg
12-05-2022, 05:10 PM
Oh, good Lord.

No one was at that Vandy game at Kroger Field. They had maybe 30k at the most. It was 30 ****ing degrees and KY was totally checked out of that game. That was a BAD loss for them.

As opposed to losing two games in a row, one to SC with a backup QB and a heart breaker at OM. Stoops had them fired up and focused for a sold out night game against us with a RB back from missing a couple games ready to make an impact and a future NFL QB injured but leading his team. They were not going to lose that game. And it's not all offense. Arnett's game plan was shit. If our defense could have gotten just two more stops we could have won that one in a close one.

I was replying to OP saying KY plays good at home, not always. We did play badly against their packed house and Rodriquez killed us.

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2022, 05:13 PM
Why does someone that points out that our offense has been carried by our defense this past year a Leach hater?

I think the offense could be much better, but Leach won't change so we may be stuck with it. That doesn't mean I hate Leach.

I think Leach is great, his offense? Not so much.

That said, he just beat the bears so I'm not going to bitch for a while.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-05-2022, 05:35 PM
I think most folks in this thread are like me: I like the program Leach runs. Toughness. Accountability. But it?s frustrating watching his coaching disciples make adjustments and have success and he won?t. However, based on the QB coming in Parson and the offer to Trey Petty, it looks like he realizes he has to adjust.

msstate7
12-05-2022, 05:57 PM
I think most folks in this thread are like me: I like the program Leach runs. Toughness. Accountability. But it?s frustrating watching his coaching disciples make adjustments and have success and he won?t. However, based on the QB coming in Parson and the offer to Trey Petty, it looks like he realizes he has to adjust.

In his defense, his offense probably hasn't performed this poorly 3 years in, so maybe he'll do some introspection

R2Dawg
12-05-2022, 06:54 PM

Sherman you nailed it. Tweak and win and we all happy. Stop being stuck in 1995.

CoachT14
12-05-2022, 07:12 PM
Why does someone that points out that our offense has been carried by our defense this past year a Leach hater?

I think the offense could be much better, but Leach won't change so we may be stuck with it. That doesn't mean I hate Leach.

I think Leach is great, his offense? Not so much.

That said, he just beat the bears so I'm not going to bitch for a while.

It’s extremely frustrating that we have fans that think constructive criticism means you hate the coach or the player. It’s a message board for goodness sakes. What else are we supposed to but discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly? It’s not our fault our offense has been ugly in half our games this year.

Pancho
12-05-2022, 07:45 PM
If we had a QB better than Rogers, Leach would play him. No different than a DE, the best man starts.

Coach34
12-05-2022, 09:11 PM
If we had a QB better than Rogers, Leach would play him. No different than a DE, the best man starts.

Uhhhh yeahhhhh....that's our problem

BrunswickDawg
12-05-2022, 09:38 PM

It's a catch 22 - and not uncommon when you are building a program or making big fundamental shift in offense. We saw this same scenario play out with Tyler Russell. Good QB, record breaking QB, but not what we really needed, the offense tended to stagnate because of it, and his replacement just wasn't quite ready to replace him yet. It means you lose some games you shouldn't, and you arent really running on all cylinders.

Coach34
12-05-2022, 09:47 PM
It's a catch 22 - and not uncommon when you are building a program or making big fundamental shift in offense. We saw this same scenario play out with Tyler Russell. Good QB, record breaking QB, but not what we really needed, the offense tended to stagnate because of it, and his replacement just wasn't quite ready to replace him yet. It means you lose some games you shouldn't, and you arent really running on all cylinders.

I like the analogy and its a good one. The problem is that we dont have a Dak working to take over. Parson will rot on the bench next season while Rogers throws checkdown after checkdown

BrunswickDawg
12-05-2022, 09:52 PM
I like the analogy and it's a good one. The problem is that we dont have a Dak working to take over. Parson will rot on the bench next season while Rogers throws checkdown after checkdown

Dak wasn't really ready in 2012 - but he was forced into playing. I don't wish injury on anyone, but sometimes players step into an opportunity and everything comes together. You never know - Will gets dinged and Robertson, Locke, or Parson might have to grow up fast. And sometimes that's all it takes.

Jarius
12-05-2022, 10:33 PM
I like the analogy and its a good one. The problem is that we dont have a Dak working to take over. Parson will rot on the bench next season while Rogers throws checkdown after checkdown

The portal would be a perfect place to remedy that situation, but no one wants to hurt feelings and everyone knows that going 7-5 will keep their job so no need to rock the boat and shoot for the stars when we have 8 guys on defense returning that are as old as BYU seniors along with returning nearly the entire offense. When NFL teams are really good on defense and struggling at the quarterback position, they either draft someone or get another guy through free agency and put the other guy on the bench or release him. The portal is nothing but free agency. If we can’t improve our quarterback room because people are scared to compete with what we have then remove the obstacle. God forbid we miss out on the music city bowl next year if it doesn’t work out.

dawgday166
12-06-2022, 12:24 AM
Everyone keeps saying just go get a plug and play QB from the portal. Seems like Leach tried something similar with Costello. How'd that work out? Everyone on here was trashing Joe Burrow his 1st year at LSU. How'd that work out in his 2nd year at LSU?

I don't think it's quite as easy as everyone wants to make it out to be for next year. While Leach's offense is somewhat simple, there's a lot of onus on the QB to make the right reads and be on same page as the rest of the offense, especially the receivers.

Maybe one of our current QBs will be ready towards end of next year or the following year. All we have on this board near as I can tell, is a lot of hearsay about how no one is close to ready to sub for Will. Not sure we have definite knowledge of that one way or the other.

msstate7
12-06-2022, 12:27 AM
Everyone keeps saying just go get a plug and play QB from the portal. Seems like Leach tried something similar with Costello. How'd that work out? Everyone on here was trashing Joe Burrow his 1st year at LSU. How'd that work out in his 2nd year at LSU?

I don't think it's quite as easy as everyone wants to make it out to be for next year. While Leach's offense is somewhat simple, there's a lot of onus on the QB to make the right reads and be on same page as the rest of the offense, especially the receivers.

Maybe one of our current QBs will be ready towards end of next year or the following year. All we have on this board near as I can tell, is a lot of hearsay about how no one is close to ready to sub for Will. Not sure we have definite knowledge of that one way or the other.

LSU changed the offense drastically burrow's 2nd year.

dawgday166
12-06-2022, 12:31 AM

True but Burrow also became acclimated to playing in SEC his 1st year. The overall learning curve wasn't as steep. Plus, Leach's offense is pretty unique with amount of latitude he expects the QB to exercise at LOS.

ETA: I would love to have a more mobile and skilled QB than we have, but there is more in that decision making process than "just grab a QB from the portal".

Todd4State
12-06-2022, 01:19 AM

I see Will more like Chris Relf Dan's first three years. Will fits the offense and can win games but he also has limitations.

Under Dan with Relf I think we averaged like 25 to 29 PPG and then that jumped up once Dak took over after Dan had been here a few years into like 33-36 PPG his junior and senior years.

Todd4State
12-06-2022, 01:23 AM

You're right it's easier said than done.

First of all we would have to find someone legitimately better than Will that isn't afraid to compete with him and win the job. Which eliminates about 99% of the portal because the majority of those QB's are leaving because they can't start where they're at or they're FCS guys that are just looking for a shot.

If we get someone as good or better than Jack Abraham we should be happy.

The portal has given some of our fans this false hope that we're going to land Patrick Mahomes 2.0.

Todd4State
12-06-2022, 01:25 AM

Yeah well Burrow made some ridiculous plays that most can't that year. No one calls a play where you tell Burrow to run around like crazy and then gun it down field 40 yards for a strike. For most people that's a sack, an incompletion, or an interception.

basedog
12-06-2022, 07:50 AM
Yeah well Burrow made some ridiculous plays that most can't that year. No one calls a play where you tell Burrow to run around like crazy and then gun it down field 40 yards for a strike. For most people that's a sack, an incompletion, or an interception.

I'm amazed how good Burrows has gotten. After that first year at Lsu it was like a light came on and ever since he gets better. One of the top QB's in NFL.

Todd4State
12-06-2022, 09:00 AM
I'm amazed how good Burrows has gotten. After that first year at Lsu it was like a light came on and ever since he gets better. One of the top QB's in NFL.

Yeah he is incredible. He looks like someone created him in a video game and set the level as high as possible.

PikeDawg15
12-06-2022, 09:51 AM
Leach will have us as a consistent 7-9 win team in the current state of things

If Will Rogers is the starter next year the ceiling is 9-3

I would love to go and get spencer sanders from the tranfser portal who has been a 4 year starter at Oklahoma State and I believe he is exactly what this offense needs.

Strong Arm, Great footwork, Great Mobility, has the ability to add a whole new dimension to this offense

I think he could be our Gardner Minshew.

But with things the way they are it doesnt matter if Nick Saban is our coach

If the portal and NIL does not get fixed , we will be capped out at around the 8 or 9 win mark because every single year we are going to get our top players poached by programs that care more about football than we do

Example : Rara, a program like LSU would never let that guy walk no matter the money because they have endless money

We dont, It was a stupid Idea to allow 2 sec schools in the poorest state in America with another quality G5 program and Jackson state taking up some of the non bandwagon fanbases

Half of East Mississippi is Alabama fans

Half of south mississippi are LSU fans

We have to get our money up and I have joined the initiative

The NCAA or SEC is going to have to step in and do something about this , I think NIL is fine but the transfer portal is just absolutely ridiculous

I dont know how to fix it but I dont get paid the Big Dollars to do such thing

Hail State

CoachT14
12-06-2022, 10:26 AM
Leach will have us as a consistent 7-9 win team in the current state of things

If Will Rogers is the starter next year the ceiling is 9-3

I would love to go and get spencer sanders from the tranfser portal who has been a 4 year starter at Oklahoma State and I believe he is exactly what this offense needs.

Strong Arm, Great footwork, Great Mobility, has the ability to add a whole new dimension to this offense

I think he could be our Gardner Minshew.

But with things the way they are it doesnt matter if Nick Saban is our coach

If the portal and NIL does not get fixed , we will be capped out at around the 8 or 9 win mark because every single year we are going to get our top players poached by programs that care more about football than we do

Example : Rara, a program like LSU would never let that guy walk no matter the money because they have endless money

We dont, It was a stupid Idea to allow 2 sec schools in the poorest state in America with another quality G5 program and Jackson state taking up some of the non bandwagon fanbases

Half of East Mississippi is Alabama fans

Half of south mississippi are LSU fans

We have to get our money up and I have joined the initiative

The NCAA or SEC is going to have to step in and do something about this , I think NIL is fine but the transfer portal is just absolutely ridiculous

I dont know how to fix it but I dont get paid the Big Dollars to do such thing

Hail State

Hate to break it to you, our ceiling is 6 wins next with Will and without DJ or Woody. They are single handedly the reason we aren't 6-6 right now.

Well them and the defense.

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2022, 11:43 AM
Hate to break it to you, our ceiling is 6 wins next with Will and without DJ or Woody. They are single handedly the reason we aren't 6-6 right now.

Yeah, that is just nuts. The defense gets us 7 wins next year at a minimum.

TorpedoIPA
12-06-2022, 12:31 PM

Not to worry...plenty of backs in the portal.

I think if Johnson or Woody enter the portal, they are looking for NIL value. In Leach's offense they get a lot of touches. What's the difference in taking a handoff and running for 4 yards and catching a pass and gaining that yardage. Plus they learn to block in this offense.

I notice that Kevon Slovis is in the portal. He ran the air raid under Graham Harrell at USC. That would be one that Leach could get the inside details on.