PDA

View Full Version : Gary Parish has MSU as his #10 team in the nation.

Lord McBuckethead
12-04-2022, 01:34 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-undefeated-mississippi-state-cracks-the-top-10-of-the-updated-top-25-and-1/

Interesting read.

NCMSTFAN
12-04-2022, 01:52 PM
10 is pretty high, I don't know if we should be that high just yet but we are definitely a top 25 team.

Cowbell
12-04-2022, 01:53 PM
10 is pretty high, I don't know if we should be that high just yet but we are definitely a top 25 team.

Agree with this. Shots start falling and we will move up.

99jc
12-04-2022, 02:07 PM
i thought you were talking football i almost got a hard on

SaintDawg
12-04-2022, 04:10 PM
I'd put us around #12 to #14 Somewhere around there.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-04-2022, 04:23 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-undefeated-mississippi-state-cracks-the-top-10-of-the-updated-top-25-and-1/

Interesting read.

Eh...that's pretty crazy. Our sos is very bad. Awesome that we are getting this sort of press for Jans already though. Recruits will notice.

Tater
12-04-2022, 04:53 PM
Eh...that's pretty crazy. Our sos is very bad. Awesome that we are getting this sort of press for Jans already though. Recruits will notice.

Marquette and Utah are big wins that will go a long way for us.

This team has the potential of being a 4-seed or higher. Keep up the defense as the offense improves.

msu15
12-04-2022, 09:26 PM

Our sos isn't bad at all.

SpaceBully
12-04-2022, 10:53 PM
If we're truly this good, then our AD and fans better find a way to put butts in seats for our home games or we may find ourselves as a stepping-stone for Jans to move to a top-level basketball school in a few years.

PGHBulldogBG
12-05-2022, 08:55 AM
Our sos isn't bad at all.

While Marquette and Utah are good teams, the rest of our non conference schedule besides Drake, Minn and TCU is really awful. It’s through our SOS low because all the other teams are so bad. We have not played 1 single top 25 team yet although I think Marquette deserves to be considered. If we can win 2 of the 3 against Minnesota, Drake and TCU we should make the tournament though as long as we go .500 in SEC play. That will give us 20 wins on the season.

Hot Rock
12-05-2022, 09:29 AM
Our OOC sos has not hurt us this year as long as we are winning them. Minnesota is a good team, we need that win though. There is no way I would have wanted a bunch of top 25 teams setup for my first year HC and perennial also ran squad.

In hindsight, I still say this schedule has been tough enough. We have a lot of moving parts to get working together. If this teams keeps up this defensive intensity and can get better at scoring, this team will be there at the end of the season dancing.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-05-2022, 09:31 AM
Our OOC sos has not hurt us this year as long as we are winning them. Minnesota is a good team, we need that win though. There is no way I would have wanted a bunch of top 25 teams setup for my first year HC and perennial also ran squad.

In hindsight, I still say this schedule has been tough enough. We have a lot of moving parts to get working together. If this teams keeps up this defensive intensity and can get better at scoring, this team will be there at the end of the season dancing.

For year 1 I completely agree I like this schedule. Gives Jans a chance to experiment and build excitement and get good press.

msstate7
12-05-2022, 09:33 AM
3 SWAC schools on the schedule is unacceptable. There's no reasoning for doing that. There are directional schools in surrounding states we coulda played. Hopefully it doesn't bite it

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-05-2022, 09:45 AM
#5 in the initial Net rankings so not biting us yet.

msstate7
12-05-2022, 09:53 AM
#5 in the initial Net rankings so not biting us yet.

And it won't if we keep winning. Still not smart

msstate7
12-05-2022, 10:02 AM
I didn't realize NET rankings were out. Here's upcoming games using NET rankings...

At minn #227
JSU #315
Nichols st #299
Drake (neutral) #58

Minn and drake are critical bc of the terribly low rankings of other 2