PDA

View Full Version : How we have fared in each game of our series in SEC games....

CadaverDawg
04-21-2013, 01:35 AM
In Game 1 of series, we are 4-2
In Game 2 of series, we are 3-3
In Game 3 of series, we are 3-3

I like the fact that we aren't relying on one particular starter to get all or most of our SEC wins.....but I don't like that we do not have a dominant day that we can count on. Kendall has pitched well until yesterday, but we are missing that one dominant guy.

Surprisingly, we have won the last 3 Game 1's with Pollo on the mound.

Other than that...not sure if this shows us anything.

biscuit
04-21-2013, 08:25 AM
We need to take at least 2 from the rest of our series except Vandy. One will be enough. If we do this and take a couple in the SEC trn. we should get a national seed....and win these midweek games

Pollodawg
04-21-2013, 10:44 AM
We need to take at least 2 from the rest of our series except Vandy. One will be enough. If we do this and take a couple in the SEC trn. we should get a national seed....and win these midweek games

Exactly, the bears don't realize how losing these midweek games to teams in the 100s RPI wise is hurting their shot at hosting. They act like they don't matter because they're just midweek games, but the fact is, they do.

If we take two from Vandy (IF if if) and then get two from OM and SC, we are a national seed at that point. It would be a crime for us not to be.

Coach34
04-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Winning the series at Vandy would be huge

I dont read too much into Graveman getting beat Saturday- Auburn has had his number throughout his career for some reason- insert Polk's saying here

Our team has momentum and alot of life...we are fairly healthy...it's an exciting time right now

engie
04-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Winning the series at Vandy would be huge

I dont read too much into Graveman getting beat Saturday- Auburn has had his number throughout his career for some reason- insert Polk's saying here

Our team has momentum and alot of life...we are fairly healthy...it's an exciting time right now

I think alot of it has to do with how the coaches teach hitting and the types of hitters on those teams. The "MLB minor league" SEC teams like Florida and LSU can't touch Graveman -- while Auburn and Kentucky dink and dunk him to death without ever truly squaring anything up. Most teams fall somewhere between those two categories.

One thing I've noticed about this Vandy team -- and I'll say it alot this week -- they are NOT as dominant overall as LSU, but they are f'n relentless. Not uncommon for them to go down 4 or 5 runs in midweek(or even a few SEC games) and come roaring back to win late. No lead is ever safe against that team...