PDA

View Full Version : Freeze scrutiny

RocketDawg
12-02-2022, 08:23 PM
Interesting article on coaches with Level I violations in general being employed in the SEC, and prior to that, scrutiny of Freeze in particular.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2022/12/obtained-sec-memos-reveal-hiring-process-of-hugh-freeze-level-1-violation-coaches.html

Schultzy
12-02-2022, 09:27 PM
What a sad commentary on the general state of college athletics. It seems Sankey tried but the vacuum of SEC football is too strong even for the commissioner of the SEC.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2022, 09:32 PM
Wonder what's gonna be said when freeze screws up again because you know it's coming just a matter of time. These issues have followed him at every stop, even high school.

Goldendawg
12-02-2022, 09:38 PM
Read an article on MSN.com today from Sankey that he and Freeze had had "frank" conversations by phone recently. Said the past is the past and time to prove himself in the future. Freeze will always remind me of a distant relative at a family reunion I didn't want to attend that I really didn't want to see again ever.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-02-2022, 10:14 PM
Freeze did nothing wrong and was the cleanest coach in America. He’s the only coach that doesn’t cheat. It was a rogue booster. I’ve got the DMs from Freeze claiming it, so it must be true.

Cowbell
12-03-2022, 12:01 AM
Some things that most people will never realize : 1) The things that happened with Freeze happen a lot more in college football than anyone will ever ever admit. 2) Freeze wasn't the cult leader of that mess - it was a certain AD that is now at Texas A&M - Freeze was the one the phone was tied to. Why do you think A&M went after him (when he had no real accolades) before throwing lots of money at players. Bjork is really the one that Sankey needs to kick out of the league - but don't worry that day is coming 4) And that ignorant set of boosters up north made up the cult. They got way overconfident in how they were handling business. A majority of the blame that is placed on freeze needs to be put on that rogue set of boosters up there. That group is worse than Auburn and LSU just with less intelligence and less resources.

Goldendawg
12-03-2022, 12:06 AM
Some things that most people will never realize : 1) The things that happened with Freeze happen a lot more in college football than anyone will ever ever admit. 2) Freeze wasn't the cult leader of that mess - it was a certain AD that is now at Texas A&M - Freeze was the one the phone was tied to. Why do you think A&M went after him (when he had no real accolades) before throwing lots of money at players. Bjork is really the one that Sankey needs to kick out of the league - but don't worry that day is coming 4) And that ignorant set of boosters up north made up the cult. They got way overconfident in how they were handling business. A majority of the blame that is placed on freeze needs to be put on that rogue set of boosters up there. That group is worse than Auburn and LSU just with less intelligence and less resources.

Freeze fit in just fine and was the subject of rumors has a HS coach.

Cowbell
12-03-2022, 12:12 AM
Freeze fit in just fine and was the subject of rumors has a HS coach.

I'm not disagreeing with that. But the fact is he was really a small part of a much bigger problem and all the others got off free.

Commercecomet24
12-03-2022, 01:14 AM
I'm not disagreeing with that. But the fact is he was really a small part of a much bigger problem and all the others got off free.

Yeah that place up north is a cesspool. It's funny though that hugh winds up at 2 of the dirtiest programs in cfb history. Now if he somehow can get to lsu he will have made a trifecta lol!

Cowbell
12-03-2022, 11:41 AM
Yeah that place up north is a cesspool. It's funny though that hugh winds up at 2 of the dirtiest programs in cfb history. Now if he somehow can get to lsu he will have made a trifecta lol!

I could see them hiring him away from auburn at some point

Commercecomet24
12-03-2022, 12:04 PM
I could see them hiring him away from auburn at some point

I wouldn't be surprised at all!