Kylesandi338
12-02-2022, 11:21 AM
Not seeing this? Fake news???

Tough Dawg
12-02-2022, 11:21 AM
What is up with that?

Msujd164
12-02-2022, 11:23 AM
Saw that. Probably wanting some love also. New contract/more money.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-02-2022, 11:24 AM
Rara put out a tweet. Salary cap decisions are being made. That?s what we have now in college athletics

Kylesandi338
12-02-2022, 11:26 AM
These collectives should be performance based. Catch a pass and make some money. Catch a TD and make some more money! Drop a pass and no money!! That would get the best out of our athletes!! but will never happen. Same goes for coaching!!

PikeDawg15
12-02-2022, 11:33 AM
If he goes to ole miss he?s dead to me

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2022, 11:35 AM
I think he sees that he probably has some leverage. Ducking graduating leaves a big hole at the big WR role on the team. Rara is out best WR with two years left. I hope we are able to get it done. Unless AU has been tampering, wouldn't put it past them.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-02-2022, 11:39 AM
Looks like State made the decision already. Tulu is here. All the defensive guys that are returning. This is a free agent that made demands and the team is letting him walk. That?s what we have now

Goldendawg
12-02-2022, 11:41 AM
Our WR room is very crowded. Our rotation in games had too many players in it. Coach Leach said that they were virtually all the same and no one had jumped forward. WR's are are primadonnas. I could never tell from week to week who would be on the field and who would make catches that game. Nothing much surprises me from this position group. I can see how some think they didn't get enough snaps. Their fault or ours, I don't know. There are only so many snaps available, so step up and get them. All that being said, I hope he changes his mind and steps up at State, if best for both parties. Hail State!

Shooter McGavin
12-02-2022, 11:44 AM
Unless AU has been tampering, wouldn't put it past them.

That was my initial thought as well. Alabama kid right in their backyard. It is funny how those ties never work for us. Anyway, I would love to keep him, but on the bright side the very same transfer portal will have plenty of WR in it. We can get a competent one if we so choose.

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2022, 11:48 AM
That was my initial thought as well. Alabama kid right in their backyard. It is funny how those ties never work for us. Anyway, I would love to keep him, but on the bright side the very same transfer portal will have plenty of WR in it. We can get a competent one if we so choose.

Yeah - they will be a hot commodity. Everyone is looking for guys that stretch the field.

GoDawgz
12-02-2022, 11:51 AM
Goodness, why would any receiver leave a system that throws the ball 50-60 times a game?
Unless you dont like tough coaching, dont want to compete for your position or someone promised a better NIL deal.

Catfish
12-02-2022, 11:53 AM
NIL

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2022, 11:53 AM
I like RaRa - but he disappeared in a number of games. Yes, he was our leading receiver, but he's no Polk. We need an alpha, not a guy who disappears in half his games.

Homedawg
12-02-2022, 11:55 AM
Looks like State made the decision already. Tulu is here. All the defensive guys that are returning. This is a free agent that made demands and the team is letting him walk. That?s what we have now

This is about as perfectly stated as possible. Moving on.....

yjnkdawg
12-02-2022, 11:56 AM
If we have a player that doesn't want to be here, then he doesn't need to be here. JRob could be our big go to receiver next year and with our younger receivers and the portal we should be fine.

Goldendawg
12-02-2022, 11:58 AM
I think he sees that he probably has some leverage. Ducking graduating leaves a big hole at the big WR role on the team. Rara is out best WR with two years left. I hope we are able to get it done. Unless AU has been tampering, wouldn't put it past them.

Are there any rules on "tampering"? This is a complete unregulated mess that you can blame on the greed of the NCAA and coaching salaries, etc. The Supreme Court has spoken on this. The pendulum has swung and college football will never be the same. Buying cars, clothes, providing jobs for family members, and cash under the tale in years past now seems rather small scale. College ball now mostly watching players with little loyalty to the school, just to the highest bidder. You gonna need a program every year to know the players. I hope we keep RaRa but you are probably correct he is AU bound and Freeze effect begins.

Bullshooter
12-02-2022, 12:01 PM
Austin Williams is term limited now right? Team GPA but that?ll open up some more room.

Coach34
12-02-2022, 12:01 PM
people said losing Polk wasnt going to hurt us but it did.

We are losing 88 catches, almost 1100 yards, and 15 TD's between Thomas and Ducking

Goldendawg
12-02-2022, 12:02 PM
Goodness, why would any receiver leave a system that throws the ball 50-60 times a game?
Unless you dont like tough coaching, dont want to compete for your position or someone promised a better NIL deal.

Maybe he is tired of running 5 to 10 yard patterns most of the time. Wants the chance to go deep and be targeted. Most WR's want this, college and Pro. We need to step up our O.

MadDawg
12-02-2022, 12:09 PM
GoTtA lOvE nIl RiGhT??

Coach34
12-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Rumors do indeed- come true

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?93938-Rumor-Mill&highlight=rumor

Commercecomet24
12-02-2022, 12:16 PM
We were planning on using the portal to fill out the front 7 but now that, that's pretty much been taken care of we will be adding some wrs. Decoldest Crawford is definitely a possibility(we are trending in right direction for him), Theo Wease from Oklahoma and there's a couple of others we're in good shape for as well.

RezDog7
12-02-2022, 12:20 PM

We are losing 88 catches, almost 1100 yards, and 15 TD's between Thomas and Ducking

You do realize players graduate/leave every year right. I mean, that's why you recruit. RaRa and Polk were both recruited by this staff. Shouldn't have a problem finding another to replace them.

HoopsDawg
12-02-2022, 12:24 PM

that was a pretty easy guess. we play too many WR's. At least 1 or 2 are going to be unhappy.

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2022, 12:28 PM
I really thought if we had a WR hit the portal would be Walley.

He should definitely stay now, he and Tulu should plan on catching a ton of balls.

Johnson85
12-02-2022, 12:31 PM

Polk had 1,000 yards and 9 TDs by himself. Losing that is way harder to replace than losing two players with a combined 1100 yards. I hate RaRa is leaving because I do think he's going to be good, but I don't think it will be hard to replace his production from this year in the portal or with a receiver already on the team (or Ducking's). Whoever takes his place may end up not as good as RaRa turns out to be and that does hurt to lose players like that, but I doubt we take a step back production wise compared to this year.

Goldendawg
12-02-2022, 12:33 PM
We were planning on using the portal to fill out the front 7 but now that, that's pretty much been taken care of we will be adding some wrs. Decoldest Crawford is definitely a possibility(we are trending in right direction for him), Theo Wease from Oklahoma and there's a couple of others we're in good shape for as well.

So can our O be more explosive with different WR's? Was the bloated rotation in games due to similar players with the same ceiling? Was the disappearing O due in part to soft players against aggressive CB's? Could we not get open deep or combination with QB issues? Part or all these issues?

PikeDawg15
12-02-2022, 12:34 PM
The narratives of Mississippi state being poor are in full swing by the black bear faithful

Commercecomet24
12-02-2022, 12:36 PM
So can our O be more explosive with different WR's? Was the bloated rotation in games due to similar players with the same ceiling? Was the disappearing O due in part to soft players against aggressive CB's? Could we not get open deep or combination with QB issues? Part or all these issues?

All valid points. Leach is looking to shake up the offense, he's seen the regression too. CFB is like professional sports now. Someone doesn't produce like they should bring in the free agents, lol.

Goldendawg
12-02-2022, 12:37 PM

He should definitely stay now, he and Tulu should plan on catching a ton of balls.

I was surprised when all of a sudden Walley was back on the field getting snaps against OM. They had to come from someone else. We had far too many WR's in the rotation and I never knew who would be on the field, (but I'm not the coach and see practice). Maybe we get someone better in the portal. Polk "caught on fast". Hail State!

Commercecomet24
12-02-2022, 12:40 PM

Jaden has a young baby and we are taking care of the fam.

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2022, 12:42 PM
Jaden has a young baby and we are taking care of the fam.

Good to hear. I hope he gets utilized more. This was a very disappointing season for him.

Less than 30 catches this season after 52 catches as a freshman and 55 catches as a sophomore.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2022, 12:46 PM
Good to hear. I hope he gets utilized more. This was a very disappointing season for him.

Less than 30 catches this season after 52 catches as a freshman and 55 catches as a sophomore.

He needs to get refocused having that baby put some stress on him. Going to school and trying to play d1 football and having a young family is hard. No offense to anyone but it's better to wait until after you finish to dive off into that.

MaroonFlounder
12-02-2022, 12:49 PM
He would totally go to ole ms.

Yes, even after they cussed him while he lay in their endzone and threw shit at him.

YazooDawg23
12-02-2022, 12:51 PM

Hey guys check it out. A little bit of the crap flung against the wall actually stuck lol.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2022, 12:51 PM
Heard rara maybe headed to auburn

MaroonFlounder
12-02-2022, 12:54 PM

Don't tear a rotator cuff patting yourself on the back.

1. It was not a stretch these days to say a WR would leave. MSU has never had more receivers competing for catches than currently have now.

2. And we all knew Freeze was near the top of Auburn's list. The only stumbling block was if he was still unofficially black-balled by SEC Sankey, who did not allow Saban to hire him.

662dawg
12-02-2022, 01:08 PM
Don't tear a rotator cuff patting yourself on the back.

1. It was not a stretch these days to say a WR would leave. MSU has never had more receivers competing for catches than currently have now.

2. And we all knew Freeze was near the top of Auburn's list. The only stumbling block was if he was still unofficially black-balled by SEC Sankey, who did not allow Saban to hire him.

Coach is pretty good in my book but I'm pretty sure he was talking about Tulu in this post tho lol.

Goldendawg
12-02-2022, 01:17 PM
I will be very surprised if RaRa is the only WR we have hit the portal. Our WR room is very crowded with too many in the rotation this year, some talent red shirted, new commits on the way, and yes, we too are looking to improve in the portal like everyone else. We are in do it now, what have you done to me lately, NIL/Portal world. Now about our QB room, if someone there cannot push Will to improve or even get playing time, we need movement there also. Hail State!

msu15
12-02-2022, 01:19 PM

Hell losing Heath hurt

ImissCityBagel
12-02-2022, 01:21 PM
Rumor is that he wants to run more routes than the Air Raid's for scouts to see.

College football is dead.

chef dixon
12-02-2022, 01:24 PM
You guys realize it doesn't matter who is playing WR unless Will gets better at getting the ball to all areas of the field and not melting at first sign of pressure

BorneDawg
12-02-2022, 01:33 PM
You guys realize it doesn't matter who is playing WR unless Will gets better at getting the ball to all areas of the field and not melting at first sign of pressure

THIS !!!!

Goldendawg
12-02-2022, 01:33 PM
Rumor is that he wants to run more routes than the Air Raid's for scouts to see.

Rumor can easily be true in our sometimes boring, disappearing O, in which he probably played a part at times. College football not dead, but now another paid league with fewer rules than NFL regarding $. At least they have a draft and a salary cap to bring some parity. College game used to be more fun to watch as you watched players grow and develop in their 5 years with redshirt in the program. Some even grew up wanting to go there and wear the team colors and dare say focus on the educational opportunities. These days are fading fast and a big part of the change is due to the absolute greed and corruption of the NCAA, unreal coaching salaries, and not giving the athletes their far share before being forced to by the courts. Welcome to pro sports on the college level.

Homedawg
12-02-2022, 01:51 PM

Way more to do w he had an outrageous asking price. Good luck to him on the open market

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-02-2022, 01:53 PM
UGA insiders think he may be headed there.

ZedFedder
12-02-2022, 01:55 PM
Rara is super talented. He didn’t quite fully put it together this year, and I was hoping to see it next year. Hopefully, we don’t have to face him.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2022, 02:02 PM
Way more to do w he had an outrageous asking price. Good luck to him on the open market

Absolutely this! I've heard this from several close to him that he wanted way more than his actual value.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2022, 02:12 PM
Yeah not really liking this new model of college sports.

Not ...... at ........ all.

Coach34
12-02-2022, 02:15 PM
Decoldest Crawford is definitely a possibility(we are trending in right direction for him).

I'll find out where we are with him in about an hour when we hit the weightroom

Coach34
12-02-2022, 02:17 PM
Coach is pretty good in my book but I'm pretty sure he was talking about Tulu in this post tho lol.

"1 or more WR's"

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2022, 02:19 PM
Hell losing Heath hurt

What hurts is us fans having to deal with this lesser product we're being sold now.

DeltaChicagoDog
12-02-2022, 02:28 PM
Yes, JRob seems right on the cusp. Continued improvement through the season and hungry. Seems to have at least one standup person around as well. Plus, don't think he can transfer again since he came from UGA.

Homedawg
12-02-2022, 02:29 PM
Absolutely this! I've heard this from several close to him that he wanted way more than his actual value.

Correct.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2022, 02:44 PM

Keep us posted. I know our players and others been showing him love and we seem to be trending right. Of course these kids change their mind at the drop of a hat lol. He would be a very good get.

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2022, 02:56 PM

Did he even play this year? I just don't see any stats on him. Are we really interested in a WR that couldn't play for Nebraska?

Honest question, I don't know anything about him.

Matt3467
12-02-2022, 03:11 PM
Does being in the portal keep him out of the bowl game?

ZedFedder
12-02-2022, 03:20 PM

Whether it does or not, I’m not playing a guy who has said he doesn’t want to be here.

Coach34
12-02-2022, 03:41 PM
Did he even play this year? I just don't see any stats on him. Are we really interested in a WR that couldn't play for Nebraska?

Honest question, I don't know anything about him.

hurt his knee in August. Redshirted. He's gained probably 15 pounds and looks good.

Coach34
12-02-2022, 03:41 PM

Yes. He's done

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2022, 04:04 PM
Dang. Folks are going to stop going to bowl games between the opt-outs and portal benedicts.

Quaoarsking
12-02-2022, 04:21 PM
Dang. Folks are going to stop going to bowl games between the opt-outs and portal benedicts.

Bring on the 24 playoff and 0 bowl games. Make the postseason interesting and exciting!

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2022, 04:24 PM

Lets be clear - the coaches started this shit.

Coaches were the first to leave teams and get hired away before bowl games. Kids learned from them and now are just doing what coaches have been doing since the 90s.

Goldendawg
12-02-2022, 04:25 PM
Honest, but perhaps naive questions. Are these good players being hit on at all times by other programs in this NIL/Portal world? Can other teams officially contact your player still on scholarship once he enters the portal? What are the rules, if any? Can some players carry thier NIL deal (s) with them to their next team depending on the sponsor? No more "honor among thieves"? Looks like you get your NIL program together or serve as a developmental program for the better funded programs or Big Boy$. I bet handling the ego$ in the locker room is now a bigger challenge and headache than ever. Another elephant in room. Read where many of these players are not even finding a landing place with another program. Does the NCAA care that the "student athlete's" educational opportunity may well be over?

99jc
12-02-2022, 04:53 PM

yeah, like Nostradamus if you predict 10,000 future events some will happen, you know blind squirrel thing.

Goldendawg
12-02-2022, 05:39 PM
yeah, like Nostradamus if you predict 10,000 future events some will happen, you know blind squirrel thing.

Judas Priest did make a double album about Nostradamus, but he didn't play SEC football. Hail State!

CadaverDawg
12-02-2022, 06:29 PM

Dawgology
12-02-2022, 06:47 PM

Basically. It’s a glorified minor league now.

Hate to see Rara go he was one of my favs but in this era of college football you can’t get to attached to a player because about 80% of them are mercenaries for hire.

Cowbell
12-02-2022, 07:04 PM

Theo would work here

Commercecomet24
12-02-2022, 09:09 PM
Theo would work here

Yes he would! Long lanky and fast! Last game with ou 6 for 123 and 2 tds. I'm hoping if we get anyone it's him.

Reason2succeed
12-02-2022, 09:37 PM
Leach and this offensive staff have seen a lot more talented WRs up close and personal than our fanbase has. If they are okay with letting RaRa leave then I am too.

The way this offense works is when WRs break big plays with their athleticism. Makai wasn?t heralded at Cal but came here and dominated our offense. Maybe they see that we need an upgrade. RaRa may not be worth the asking price and they are confident they can find someone else who will be more physical and explosive.

Don?t let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya. Good luck but on your way out HailState!

Commercecomet24
12-02-2022, 09:41 PM
Pretty sure letting Rara walk we've got a suitable replacement lined up. Several on the burner right now.

WhiskeyPirate
12-02-2022, 09:58 PM
Leach and this offensive staff have seen a lot more talented WRs up close and personal than our fanbase has. If they are okay with letting RaRa leave then I am too.

The way this offense works is when WRs break big plays with their athleticism. Makai wasn?t heralded at Cal but came here and dominated our offense. Maybe they see that we need an upgrade. RaRa may not be worth the asking price and they are confident they can find someone else who will be more physical and explosive.

Don?t let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya. Good luck but on your way out HailState!

Correct

He’s very replaceable

People have no idea how good Moseley is, four star with sprinters speed. We are stacked at receiver and will bring in 1-2 more very good players. Smart decision to let him go.

maroonmania
12-02-2022, 11:42 PM
Basically. It’s a glorified minor league now.

Hate to see Rara go he was one of my favs but in this era of college football you can’t get to attached to a player because about 80% of them are mercenaries for hire.

Yea, and I don't know why anyone worries about HS recruiting at this stage. Majority of the guys won't finish at the school they sign with anyway.

Cowbell
12-02-2022, 11:51 PM
Yea, and I don't know why anyone worries about HS recruiting at this stage. Majority of the guys won't finish at the school they sign with anyway.

This is how I see it as well. Look at a&m

Coach34
12-03-2022, 12:18 AM

lol- this reply gets so old every time. Durrrrrrr

Tater
12-03-2022, 01:10 AM
lol- this reply gets so old every time. Durrrrrrr

Then maybe don't toot your horn when you just predict random shit non stop? Insanity is not just a p90x shootoff

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-03-2022, 08:54 AM
Anyone know how Dortch has looked? Can?t he haul ass?

Commercecomet24
12-03-2022, 12:09 PM
Anyone know how Dortch has looked? Can?t he haul ass?

Dortch has great wheels, I expect zavion to take a big step too.

HancockCountyDog
12-03-2022, 12:40 PM
Dortch has great wheels, I expect zavion to take a big step too.

Is he staying at WR, I thought there was talk about moving him to DB.

schddog72
12-03-2022, 07:38 PM
If we have a player that doesn't want to be here, then he doesn't need to be here. JRob could be our big go to receiver next year and with our younger receivers and the portal we should be fine.

100%.

RisperDawg
12-03-2022, 07:52 PM
Agree with that point too. However you feel about Leach's scheme, he seems to have corrected a locker room cultural problem that Moorhead created.

WhiskeyPirate
12-03-2022, 08:09 PM
Agree with that point too. However you feel about Leach's scheme, he seems to have corrected a locker room cultural problem that Moorhead created.
Yes he inherited a dumpster fire

Dumbasses can’t comprehend this

Really Clark?
12-03-2022, 08:16 PM
Yes he inherited a dumpster fire

Dumbasses can?t comprehend this

Uhhh,..everybody comprehended that when we got rid of Moorehead. Luckily we made the change fast enough that it wouldn't take a long time to correct the culture.

WhiskeyPirate
12-03-2022, 08:38 PM
Uhhh,..everybody comprehended that when we got rid of Moorehead. Luckily we made the change fast enough that it wouldn't take a long time to correct the culture.

Apparently not, I still see morons claiming Leach not going undefeated in 2020 was a travesty

Really Clark?
12-03-2022, 08:45 PM
Apparently not, I still see morons claiming Leach not going undefeated in 2020 was a travesty

What? Don't be hyperbolic.

WhiskeyPirate
12-03-2022, 08:46 PM
What? Don't be hyperbolic.

What ?

Really Clark?
12-03-2022, 08:55 PM
What ?

You are exaggerating trying to make a point that's a false narrative. Nearly everyone agreed there was a cultural problem and nobody thinks Leach should have went undefeated in 2020.

Homedawg
12-03-2022, 09:00 PM

Just when I think you can't make a dumber post, you prove me wrong.

WhiskeyPirate
12-03-2022, 09:06 PM
You are exaggerating trying to make a point that's a false narrative. Nearly everyone agreed there was a cultural problem and nobody thinks Leach should have went undefeated in 2020.

You are intentionally being obtuse, there have been countless posts criticizing leach for going 4-7 in 2020 and blasting anyone who suggested the obvious deficiencies, la k of scholarship players, dumpster fire etc...

Fact is Leach cleaned up a trash heap of a program and 2020 is a *

WhiskeyPirate
12-03-2022, 09:06 PM
Just when I think you can't make a dumber post, you prove me wrong.

Speaking of dumb

Really Clark?
12-03-2022, 09:09 PM
You are intentionally being obtuse, there have been countless posts criticizing leach for going 4-7 in 2020 and blasting anyone who suggested the obvious deficiencies, la k of scholarship players, dumpster fire etc...

I'm not being obtuse. You are completely changing what you claimed a couple posts ago. Nobody thought or posted that not going undefeated in 2020 was a travesty. Don't try to change your false narrative from that post and call me intentionally obtuse.

Homedawg
12-03-2022, 09:14 PM
Speaking of dumb

Nobody ever ever ever said leach should have gone undefeated in 2020. Or 2021 ... or 2022. Give you dad his phone back

msu15
12-03-2022, 09:22 PM

You're not all there mentally. Do you have a mental illness or disability? Serious question.

Maroonthirteen
12-03-2022, 09:29 PM
You're not all there mentally. Do you have a mental illness or disability? Serious question.

The poster is one of Leach's grandkids.

WhiskeyPirate
12-03-2022, 09:35 PM

Uh yea Moorhead was fired, deservedly so, but the pile of shit program had to be cleaned up. That was not acknowledged. And you claiming otherwise is outright bullshit

Really Clark?
12-03-2022, 09:40 PM
Uh yea Moorhead was fired, deservedly so, but the pile of shit program had to be cleaned up. That was not acknowledged. And you claiming otherwise is outright bullshit

Yeah it was acknowledged. It was discussed prior to him being fired. You shouting otherwise doesn't make you correct and makes you sound foolish.

WhiskeyPirate
12-03-2022, 09:48 PM
Yeah it was acknowledged. It was discussed prior to him being fired. You shouting otherwise doesn't make you correct and makes you sound foolish.

Uh huh

DownwardDawg
12-03-2022, 10:14 PM

Absolutely true.

CaptainObvious
12-03-2022, 10:15 PM

Ask Alabama if there is an asterisk by their 2020 National Championship. No way anyone on here though State should have gone undefeated in 2020. We had a huge talent deficiency to 6 of the 10 SEC teams we played that year. I think 5-5 would have been a major achievement. Even with not achieving that, our 3-7 undermanned team beat a ranked Tulsa team in a Bowl.

But to my first point, Bama ain?t giving that 2020 NC Trophy back so people need to stop putting an asterisk by it. Especially for SEC teams who found a way to play 10 against each other. Limited rosters were all over the league that year. State under-achieved but only slightly. It is only one game, but
5-6 after the Bowl game would have been a decent season with 10 SEC games.