PDA

View Full Version : Portal Thread...

BeardoMSU
11-30-2022, 11:10 PM
Looky looky...

https://twitter.com/MjDaniels11/status/1598085856388034560?t=8lop9737yQ4TUkmBHRwNOQ&s=19

RisperDawg
11-30-2022, 11:14 PM
Merry Flipmas!

Leroy Jenkins
11-30-2022, 11:27 PM
It. Happens. Every. Damn. Time.

msu15
11-30-2022, 11:35 PM
It. Happens. Every. Damn. Time.

Seriously, when is the last in-state guy that had shenanigans happen between us and them where he ended up signing with them and panned out? I'm not talking about guys like Ealy where we just lost the recruiting battle. MJ, Buckhaulter(for now), Tee Sheppard, Cordell Giles, James Williams, Trevion Reed, Kailo Moore, Dannis Jackson, I could go on and on. Vince Sanders hat tossed us in 2010, I guess he turned out ok. It's insane how many play the recruiting games and NEVER Pam out.

Cowbell
11-30-2022, 11:37 PM
Is this kid gonna live up to the original hype?

StarkVegasSteve
12-01-2022, 09:23 AM
Is this kid gonna live up to the original hype?

No. Which is why we need to stay away from him. He had his chance in 2020 and then again last year.

Ari Gold
12-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Talk about money wasted .. makes the Kiffin deal look like a bargain

was21
12-01-2022, 10:13 AM
If he wants to be the prodigal son, I'd take him back. A lot of these kids go through a period of immaturity.

DEDawg
12-01-2022, 10:44 AM
If he wants to be the prodigal son, I'd take him back. A lot of these kids go through a period of immaturity.
Why? He couldn?t get on the field at a mediocre ole miss defense

Lord McBuckethead
12-01-2022, 11:25 AM
Because he has a high ceiling, and our coaches are better.

Jarius
12-01-2022, 11:30 AM
I don't know if we are going to have room for a project in the secondary. We need to get some guys back there that can contribute immediately, and we only have 20-25 spots total to stay under the 85. If we have more people transfer out than I'm anticipating then I wouldn't mind taking him, but right now I don't think there's room for a guy who hasn't proven himself on the field in the portal.

dawgman15
12-01-2022, 11:34 AM
We don't need that snake on our team

BankerDog
12-01-2022, 11:36 AM
Looky looky...

https://twitter.com/MjDaniels11/status/1598085856388034560?t=8lop9737yQ4TUkmBHRwNOQ&s=19

And yet, every single year, we have fans on this board freaking out when this stuff happens with the top ?ranked stars? in Mississippi do this. If you go pull the last ten years worth of 24/7 top MS players rankings, that everyone freaks about, most don?t produce much on a collegiate level. MJ, Deion Smith, Kadarius Calloway, Buckhaulter all in that 2021 class. I?m more ticked we missed on Hunter and Walley from that class. In 2020-McKinley has been good for A&M, Forbes lived up to hype, Hayes went to UK and has been decent, Xavier Hill at LSU hasn?t cracked the top 2, Jimmy Holiday is in the portal.

2019 class had Dean and Cross which were studs. Followed by Ealy (eh), Charles Moore, Pickering hasn?t performed as expected but a good rotational player, Byron Young is a stud, Handy (what happened to him?), Derrick Hall was a miss, Dannis Jackson ha, Mingo ha, De?Monte eh, Jarrian Jones lol, Ray Jones should?ve been here and could?ve played, KJ and JRP have flourished out of state.

2018 your top ranked players were Heath, Dolla Bill, Fabian Franklin, Crumedy, Marcus Murphy, Cole Smith, Fabian Lovett, James Williams, Hyman, and Jeffery Johnson. Crumedy and Smith have been good. Murphy, had the personal stuff not been there, would?ve been good. Lovett has had a solid career.

Guess my point is more times than not the guys rated higher sometimes don?t pan out and sometimes they are as billed such as Forbes, Dean, and cross.

Santiago
12-01-2022, 12:15 PM
Some say he really did not want to go there, but had to. I do remember he enrolled dual to a JUCO as well. Then last year he entered the portal or was about to and the TSUN came up with NIL deal to keep him.
He needs a new place.

was21
12-01-2022, 12:18 PM
OL Koby Keenum committed to Kentucky and is going to make an official visit to State. He had about 50 offers.

Saltydog
12-01-2022, 01:56 PM
Seriously, when is the last in-state guy that had shenanigans happen between us and them where he ended up signing with them and panned out? I'm not talking about guys like Ealy where we just lost the recruiting battle. MJ, Buckhaulter(for now), Tee Sheppard, Cordell Giles, James Williams, Trevion Reed, Kailo Moore, Dannis Jackson, I could go on and on. Vince Sanders hat tossed us in 2010, I guess he turned out ok. It's insane how many play the recruiting games and NEVER Pam out.

Didn't we have that same thing with Pat Patterson a few years ago?

msu15
12-01-2022, 02:13 PM
Didn't we have that same thing with Pat Patterson a few years ago?

Man his recruitment was a circus too. Played at Ole Miss a little bit as a true freshman and then disappeared.

DEDawg
12-01-2022, 03:33 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/virginia-qb-brennan-armstrong-enters-transfer-portal-202610173.html

Bothrops
12-01-2022, 04:49 PM
OL Koby Keenum committed to Kentucky and is going to make an official visit to State. He had about 50 offers.

We getting him.

Homedawg
12-01-2022, 04:52 PM
Mj bout to take a pay cut. And a big one

Really Clark?
12-01-2022, 05:11 PM
Mj bout to take a pay cut. And a big one

Pretty sure that's why he's in the portal, the pay cut was happening regardless it seems.

RisperDawg
12-01-2022, 06:25 PM
Speaking of Kadarius Calloway, did anyone follow Scooba Tech this year? Curious how he did and whether he might make his way back to us at some point.

Turfdawg67
12-01-2022, 09:09 PM
Guess I lose interest after signing day. I honestly don't know who this guy is...

RisperDawg
12-01-2022, 09:49 PM
Guess I lose interest after signing day. I honestly don't know who this guy is...

He was a DB from Neshoba. We were after him, but he chose to Bama. I would've forgotten about him too if he hadn't wound up at Scooba this season.

FlytheW3
12-01-2022, 10:34 PM
He played RB for Scooba if I?m not mistaken.

Desoto1967
12-02-2022, 11:00 AM
Is RaRa entering the portal, Saw something on Twitter

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2022, 11:02 AM
Is RaRa entering the portal, Saw something on Twitter

Yeah - that really sucks.

Why in the world?

Or is he letting the BI that he wants a check too.

StarkVegasSteve
12-02-2022, 01:14 PM
Yeah - that really sucks.

Why in the world?

Or is he letting the BI that he wants a check too.

He made an outrageous offer and we made a business decision. We already had to pay to keep Tulu and at least one other receiver along with all the defensive guys and a few portal guys. We would have had to divert money from everywhere else or get a 7 figure donation to keep up with the payments

Goldendawg
12-02-2022, 01:24 PM
There is a thread on sixpack that has a list of the top 100 NIL deals in all college sports. The LSU gymnast was in the top 20, I think, at $2 mil plus. Forbes was listed in the 90's at $484K. ???????????? Some of those listed will never see the Pro's and will take a big pay cut when they have to enter the real job force. As we know, this is already out of hand.

StarkVegasSteve
12-02-2022, 01:58 PM
There is a thread on sixpack that has a list of the top 100 NIL deals in all college sports. The LSU gymnast was in the top 20, I think, at $2 mil plus. Forbes was listed in the 90's at $484K. ???????????? Some of those listed will never see the Pro's and will take a big pay cut when they have to enter the real job force. As we know, this is already out of hand.

Deals like the LSU gymnast and the twins at Miami are different because they are being paid by companies due to their social media influence. I doubt LSU is giving Livy Dunne any money at all.

PMDawg
12-02-2022, 04:41 PM
Notre Dame QB Drew Pyne is in the portal. Strong arm, 65% completion, just over 2000 yards, 22 TD, 6 INT.

Leroy Jenkins
12-04-2022, 10:38 PM
DJ U to the portal probably, and Haynes King. Not many people want to stick around and have to compete vs a underclassman who swiped their job. They get moving.

StarkVegasSteve
12-05-2022, 08:23 AM
Buckle Up Boys. Today is going to be a bit crazy. Some entrenched P5 starters are going to shock some folks and enter the portal today. Within a couple of years this day will be like the first day of NBA Free Agency.

DownwardDawg
12-05-2022, 09:07 AM
Buckle Up Boys. Today is going to be a bit crazy. Some entrenched P5 starters are going to shock some folks and enter the portal today. Within a couple of years this day will be like the first day of NBA Free Agency.

For the sake of saving college football, I'm hoping within a couple of years there will be a hard cap on all teams as well as "per player" cap. It's the only way to keep some sort of balance.

StarkVegasSteve
12-05-2022, 09:17 AM
For the sake of saving college football, I'm hoping within a couple of years there will be a hard cap on all teams as well as "per player" cap. It's the only way to keep some sort of balance.

I could see some sort of salary cap, but a per player cap will bring up all sorts of lawsuits. Salary cap is far more likely. However, we still will have to play Moneyball even with a salary cap.

Hot Rock
12-05-2022, 09:23 AM
RaRa leaving hurts my feelings and he will go to Ole Miss to be most likely their leading WR because they focus on one or two WR's.

Here, we have 6 to 8 guys gettting the ball. RA RA leaving won't hurt nearly as bad if we had lost Tulu because of the return game. If we had to keep one, I am good with it being Tulu.

We have several good WR's that are ready to step up. That's what Leach Does. Malik went to Ole Miss as was their leading WR but he is still the same guy dropping passes along with Mingo when it counted most and cost Ole Miss the game this year.

Hot Rock
12-05-2022, 09:25 AM
For MJ - I don't know if I would want him or not. I truly don't know this guy and I doubt most of you do either.

If our coaches go get him and want him, then bring his ass here and I hope comes an balls. That's all I can do on any of these portal guys that haven't put up any game film.

Coursesuper
12-05-2022, 09:32 AM
The Portal just got more expensive with Prime taking he Colorado job. They will use the portal to flip that roster and will pay to do it.

mo7888
12-05-2022, 11:29 AM
I see Javion Cohen entered the portal...(starting guard at Alabama).. I'm not sure we target an interior OL but he's a pretty good one..

Coursesuper
12-05-2022, 11:32 AM
I see Javion Cohen entered the portal...(starting guard at Alabama).. I'm not sure we target an interior OL but he's a pretty good one..

We need to target every worthy offensive lineman that's out there, that is the area that is group holding us back more than any other.

WinningIsRelentless
12-05-2022, 11:38 AM
The Portal just got more expensive with Prime taking he Colorado job. They will use the portal to flip that roster and will pay to do it.

The problem there is the academic requirements there. I?m not sure Prime thought this thru.

StarkVegasSteve
12-05-2022, 11:40 AM
The problem there is the academic requirements there. I?m not sure Prime thought this thru.

Presently they do not even have the funds to pay him a salary. So to think they are magically going to get 3-5 mil in NIL money rolling in is probably wishful thinking.

StarkVegasSteve
12-05-2022, 11:42 AM
RaRa leaving hurts my feelings and he will go to Ole Miss to be most likely their leading WR because they focus on one or two WR's.

Here, we have 6 to 8 guys gettting the ball. RA RA leaving won't hurt nearly as bad if we had lost Tulu because of the return game. If we had to keep one, I am good with it being Tulu.

We have several good WR's that are ready to step up. That's what Leach Does. Malik went to Ole Miss as was their leading WR but he is still the same guy dropping passes along with Mingo when it counted most and cost Ole Miss the game this year.

RaRa is not going to OM. If he sticks to his number they would be paying almost 7 figures to just two players.

Coach34
12-05-2022, 11:50 AM
RaRa gonna learn he isn't getting that asking price

Commercecomet24
12-05-2022, 12:25 PM

This.

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2022, 12:27 PM

I'm not going to be surprised if he doesn't come back hat in hand after shopping around.

He is a solid WR, but if he thinks he is a gamechanger, I think the market will turn him around.

StarkVegasSteve
12-05-2022, 12:38 PM
I'm not going to be surprised if he doesn't come back hat in hand after shopping around.

He is a solid WR, but if he thinks he is a gamechanger, I think the market will turn him around.

He can try to come back, but from what I have been told he burned important bridges agreeing and reneging on NIL packages.

Jarius
12-05-2022, 12:39 PM

RaRa doesn't want to be in an offense that has a G5 quarterback that can't get him the ball. That's why he kept upping his asking price and backed out of his current deal with us.

MaroonFlounder
12-05-2022, 12:46 PM
RaRa doesn't want to be in an offense that has a G5 quarterback that can't get him the ball. That's why he kept upping his asking price and backed out of his current deal with us.

He dropped several passes right on his numbers this year, including one that would have been a TD vs Georgia.

He's one of those guys that Leach took the chair away from. Has a great ceiling, but no interest in trying to reach it.

Jarius
12-05-2022, 12:56 PM
He dropped several passes right on his numbers this year, including one that would have been a TD vs Georgia.

He's one of those guys that Leach took the chair away from. Has a great ceiling, but no interest in trying to reach it.

He's got multiple SEC teams that think otherwise and will end up at one of them. He was a lot more consistent than the guy that was trying to get him the ball.

Goldendawg
12-05-2022, 01:01 PM
He's got multiple SEC teams that think otherwise and will end up at one of them. He was a lot more consistent than the guy that was trying to get him the ball.

Heard he agreed to a new deal with us last week and came back wanting more. He will land at a SEC program in today's Wild Wild We$t and time will quickly tell who was holding back who.

DownwardDawg
12-05-2022, 01:49 PM

Problem is, once you decide to enter the portal, and your present team uses the portal to replace you....your spot is gone. Bye

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2022, 02:25 PM
Problem is, once you decide to enter the portal, and your present team uses the portal to replace you....your spot is gone. Bye

Yeah - but we will have spots - we always do.

My guess is that he is going to find out pretty quickl.

Leroy Jenkins
12-05-2022, 02:51 PM

Somebody's spot is gone depends on how good you are.

Dawgology
12-05-2022, 02:55 PM
It’s no different from free agency now and most college athletes that are shopping around actually have no real commitment to any university outside of a financial commitment. Good luck to them hopefully they will get paid while they can. I keep up with very few of our athletes anymore due to this. They will likely be gone or replaced within a season or 2. The days of college students playing college sports is over. It’s a minor league now.

Goldendawg
12-05-2022, 03:51 PM

GA website reporting he has a visit set up with them.

defiantdog
12-05-2022, 04:23 PM
Robinson would've passed him by next season after he started figuring out the routes. RaRa is about to go to a run first team and get lost in the depth chart, but best of luck to him.

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2022, 04:32 PM
I know it will be a long shot, but Dorian Singer - stud WR out of Arizona just hit the portal.

He had 66 catches for over 1,100 yards this past season. He might be out of our price range, but he should be one of our top 5 targets in the portal.

Ari Gold
12-05-2022, 04:58 PM
Outside of Tulu , WR is the least of my concerns with the portal ( coming and going )

somebodyshotmypaw
12-05-2022, 05:41 PM
Remember that the portal is not "one size fits all". Player will enter the portal for:

1) Player searching for more NIL money
2) Player searching for more playing time
3) Coach basically tells you to enter portal (essentially you get cut)
4) Player follows a coach from one school to the next
5) Player searching for more exposure
6) Player searching for better competition to play against in order to impress NFL scouts
7) Player is losing his starting job to someone below him
8) Player simply looking around and will later withdraw from portal and remain with his existing team

It's wild. To win, a coaching staff will have to effectively manage the portal. The portal can be huge because of major additions or major losses than can greatly affect your win/loss record in the fall.

Goldendawg
12-05-2022, 06:00 PM
Remember that the portal is not "one size fits all". Player will enter the portal for:

1) Player searching for more NIL money
2) Player searching for more playing time
3) Coach basically tells you to enter portal (essentially you get cut)
4) Player follows a coach from one school to the next
5) Player searching for more exposure
6) Player searching for better competition to play against in order to impress NFL scouts
7) Player is losing his starting job to someone below him
8) Player simply looking around and will later withdraw from portal and remain with his existing team

It's wild. To win, a coaching staff will have to effectively manage the portal. The portal can be huge because of major additions or major losses than can greatly affect your win/loss record in the fall.

Read a big % of these players are not finding landing spots. Will NCAA address this loss of educational opportunities of the "student athletes", or are they now just unsigned free agents? Their decision, tough luck?

parabrave
12-05-2022, 06:34 PM
I know it will be a long shot, but Dorian Singer - stud WR out of Arizona just hit the portal.

He had 66 catches for over 1,100 yards this past season. He might be out of our price range, but he should be one of our top 5 targets in the portal.

How did he do against us? And about RaRa and next year did anyone notice that WR was targeting JR a whole lot more the last three games. Maybe an indicator for next year. Will is going to have to find the receiver who will be his go to guy and maybe JR will be that receiver.

BuckyIsAB****
12-05-2022, 07:42 PM

Really really really hot take here. So hot that every coach and player on the team would probably disagree with you other than RaRa.

It just shows how the football media has totally over blown QBs. For good and bad. Its crazy. If your HC is literally calling the WRs out game after game I would say that was a key factor to the offense being inconsistent. The WRs were in fact the biggest reason we have struggled at times this year and last year. We had 2 WRs you could count on this year. 85 and 82. Walley came back towards the end. But the rest were good or huge problems depending on the day.

Pancho
12-05-2022, 07:47 PM
Watch 18 next year.

Jarius
12-05-2022, 07:55 PM
Really really really hot take here. So hot that every coach and player on the team would probably disagree with you other than RaRa.

It just shows how the football media has totally over blown QBs. For good and bad. Its crazy. If your HC is literally calling the WRs out game after game I would say that was a key factor to the offense being inconsistent. The WRs were in fact the biggest reason we have struggled at times this year and last year. We had 2 WRs you could count on this year. 85 and 82. Walley came back towards the end. But the rest were good or huge problems depending on the day.

We had one of the lowest drop rates in the country and we had one of the highest graded olines in the country. If you didn’t see a major problem with the way our quarterback played in about 6 SEC games, then it’s probably because you are related to him. He was awful against literally every defense worth a shit. Anyone that thinks our quarterback wasn’t the overwhelming reason why we struggled against SEC defenses should not even be argued with and quite frankly I’m going to not respond to you on this subject any more because our quarterback is so bad against decent defenses that I don’t have the Will power to not call you something inappropriate for defending his on the field play. Rara is about to be on a national title team and if Will Rogers went to the portal he would be playing for the sunbelt championship next year.

Pancho
12-05-2022, 07:59 PM
Okay, quit posting and lots of us will be even happier.

99jc
12-05-2022, 08:02 PM
CLEMSON QB JUST WENT TO PORTAL

Pancho
12-05-2022, 08:06 PM
isn't he a graduate?

Leroy Jenkins
12-05-2022, 08:34 PM
I remember Leach's pitch to Minshew. Do you want to hold a clipboard at Alabama or come lead the nation in passing.

DEDawg
12-05-2022, 08:45 PM
isn't he a graduate?

No junior. He has 2 left and maybe a Covid year

Really Clark?
12-05-2022, 08:52 PM

He is a graduate transfer. He gets his degree this month.

Homedawg
12-05-2022, 08:55 PM

For those that want a more mobile qb- there he is. Unfortunately, he can't compete a pass. But he can run it some.

SteelCurtain74
12-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Read a big % of these players are not finding landing spots. Will NCAA address this loss of educational opportunities of the "student athletes", or are they now just unsigned free agents? Their decision, tough luck?

To your point, I just came across this tweet. If these numbers are accurate, I would hope coaches would show these kids the odds of finding a landing spot let alone find a landing spot that improves their situation.

https://twitter.com/RJ_Writes/status/1599790702413893634?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

SailingDawg
12-05-2022, 09:02 PM
Unm with nine in the portal?

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2022, 09:27 PM

Almost destroyed Clemson program by himself.

He going G5.

msu15
12-05-2022, 09:43 PM

Man can you be on Will's dick any more than you are right now? Shit's weird. Makes me wonder how you spend a lot of your free time........

msu15
12-05-2022, 09:43 PM
Unm with nine in the portal?

Wow, there a list anywhere? That's a lot this early.

SailingDawg
12-05-2022, 09:50 PM
Wow, there a list anywhere? That's a lot this early.

https://www.on3.com/teams/ole-miss-rebels/news/ole-miss-football-recruiting-2023-ncaa-transfer-portal-lane-kiffin-rebels-luke-altmyer-dannis-jackson-demon-clowney/

Goldendawg
12-05-2022, 10:21 PM
In Portal: WR Scoobie Ford, OL Carson Williams & Reed Buys, LS Rex Robich, RB Bull Hargrove, QB Daniel Greek , and RaRa to date.

BeardoMSU
12-05-2022, 10:45 PM

And he's terrible...

DesotoDog1967
12-05-2022, 11:14 PM
Ketron Jackson from Arky has entered

Leroy Jenkins
12-05-2022, 11:15 PM
And he's terrible...

Everyone was expecting a bigger, faster, stronger version of Tua. He had huge expectations. 24/7 had him rated 1.000 and he had a .995 composite. Anything short of Trevor Lawrence and he was going to be a bust.

trojandawg
12-05-2022, 11:24 PM
Would rather go with Oregon or OU back up mobile qbs. Give them a chance and have a solid slightly older mobile back up rather than waiting 2-3 years d for parsons.

Lord McBuckethead
12-06-2022, 12:56 AM
Well if you have a route beyond 14 yards, then you basically knew there was a slim chance the ball was going to come to you. I can count on one hand how many 30 yards through the air passes I even saw us attempt all season. Way less than 1 per game.

mo7888
12-06-2022, 08:24 AM
I hear there ate over 700 players in the portal and have no idea what the list looks like but, looking at Tulu's Twitter page there are several Alabama OL's in there and the LB Borders from FL looks interesting. It's crazy the amount of high recruited guys that are in there..

Jarius
12-06-2022, 08:39 AM
I hear there ate over 700 players in the portal and have no idea what the list looks like but, looking at Tulu's Twitter page there are several Alabama OL's in there and the LB Borders from FL looks interesting. It's crazy the amount of high recruited guys that are in there..

Yep. The days of coaches being able to lie in recruiting and hold players hostage are over. It's the best thing for parity in the sport that has ever happened. It feels gross because there is zero loyalty, but it's going to prevent the blue bloods from hoarding players just so no one else can have any. This has been the most competitive year of CFB that I can ever remember.

PMDawg
12-06-2022, 09:50 AM
Yep. The days of coaches being able to lie in recruiting and hold players hostage are over. It's the best thing for parity in the sport that has ever happened. It feels gross because there is zero loyalty, but it's going to prevent the blue bloods from hoarding players just so no one else can have any. This has been the most competitive year of CFB that I can ever remember.

There's some of that, but that's not the whole story. Not even close. There are also plenty of entitled kids who have been told they were going to be an NFL star since they were 5 years old who now have an outlet to cut and run at the first sign of adversity. Then there's the vast majority (the somewhere in between). Just like pretty much every situation in the world. Most people want to talk about one of the extreme ends, and there's a million people who want to counter with the other extreme end. 99%+ of the time, the truth is somewhere in the middle, but that's the least interesting part to talk about, I guess.

DownwardDawg
12-06-2022, 10:35 AM
I guess by next season we can stop learning the players names. It won't matter because it'll be a new team every season. No way this is going to be good for the MSU's of the world.

State82
12-06-2022, 10:42 AM
No way this is going to be good for the MSU's of the world.

Nope. It won't. Except possibly in baseball, which is fine.

Jarius
12-06-2022, 11:05 AM
There's some of that, but that's not the whole story. Not even close. There are also plenty of entitled kids who have been told they were going to be an NFL star since they were 5 years old who now have an outlet to cut and run at the first sign of adversity. Then there's the vast majority (the somewhere in between). Just like pretty much every situation in the world. Most people want to talk about one of the extreme ends, and there's a million people who want to counter with the other extreme end. 99%+ of the time, the truth is somewhere in the middle, but that's the least interesting part to talk about, I guess.

Oh you are 100 % correct, but for the parity of the sport (which has been severely lacking because of the Georgia's and Alabama's and Ohio State's and LSU's and etc.), it puts an end to recruit hoarding. They are still going to get the best guys on the front end, but none of these guys are going to wait 3 years to play any more when they were elite HS prospects. That's good for schools like us.

Jarius
12-06-2022, 11:06 AM
I guess by next season we can stop learning the players names. It won't matter because it'll be a new team every season. No way this is going to be good for the MSU's of the world.

This is the best thing that has ever happened to the MSU's of the world for parity. We have improved because of the transfer portal every single year since the immediate transfer was approved and will continue to do so. We will lose a couple, but gain many more than we lose. Ole Miss literally built an entire team on the portal last year. It's an immediate equalizer because kids know they can only transfer once and they aren't transferring to sit on the bench at some school that has a bunch of 5 stars at their position.

Lord McBuckethead
12-06-2022, 11:07 AM

And Saban once again is removed from his best coaching skill, being able to hold 85 of the best college athletes at one time. Worked for him at LSU. Worked for him at Bama. Absolutely exposed him in the NFL, when he can only have one first round draft pick each year.

From a coaching standpoint, he kind of sucks.

Jarius
12-06-2022, 11:10 AM
And Saban once again is removed from his best coaching skill, being able to hold 85 of the best college athletes at one time. Worked for him at LSU. Worked for him at Bama. Absolutely exposed him in the NFL, when he can only have one first round draft pick each year.

From a coaching standpoint, he kind of sucks.

The transfer portal is going to run him out of coaching. He can't hoard everyone. He's going to continue to win at a large level, but the days of him being dominant and everyone fearing him are over. The talent is being spread out.

Goldendawg
12-06-2022, 07:06 PM

About half or less of these "student athletes" have failed to land anywhere since the portal system began. Wonder when this will be addressed if ever?

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2022, 07:38 PM
We had one of the lowest drop rates in the country and we had one of the highest graded olines in the country. If you didn’t see a major problem with the way our quarterback played in about 6 SEC games, then it’s probably because you are related to him. He was awful against literally every defense worth a shit. Anyone that thinks our quarterback wasn’t the overwhelming reason why we struggled against SEC defenses should not even be argued with and quite frankly I’m going to not respond to you on this subject any more because our quarterback is so bad against decent defenses that I don’t have the Will power to not call you something inappropriate for defending his on the field play. Rara is about to be on a national title team and if Will Rogers went to the portal he would be playing for the sunbelt championship next year.

Again the entire coaching staff and team would disagree with you. Call them names. Not me

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2022, 07:40 PM
Man can you be on Will's dick any more than you are right now? Shit's weird. Makes me wonder how you spend a lot of your free time........

I dont think saying a kid is not God awful like a lot of you genius folks are means im on a dick.

PMDawg
12-07-2022, 10:01 AM
Oh you are 100 % correct, but for the parity of the sport (which has been severely lacking because of the Georgia's and Alabama's and Ohio State's and LSU's and etc.), it puts an end to recruit hoarding. They are still going to get the best guys on the front end, but none of these guys are going to wait 3 years to play any more when they were elite HS prospects. That's good for schools like us.

We'll see. There may be a bit more parity, but I'm not sure it benefits middle of the P5 programs like us, much less bottom tier P5 or G5 programs. For example, I see a rumor on the Rant that the Wake Forest QB is considering NIL vs. going pro because some teams are saying they can offer him ~$2M for 1 season through NIL. Guess which types of programs can afford something like that? Spoiler - not us.

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2022, 10:27 AM
Gabe Cavazos has entered the portal.

Talk about an all time if a tree falls in the woods type recruit.

AROB44
12-07-2022, 11:28 AM
Gabe Cavazos has entered the portal.

Talk about an all time if a tree falls in the woods type recruit.

Damn.....he's a redshirt freshman OL. How have you decided that he would never be any good?

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2022, 11:36 AM
Damn.....he's a redshirt freshman OL. How have you decided that he would never be any good?

You don't remember him leaving campus after August workouts when he first got here? He went home. We had to go back and get him.

Lets see where he lands. I'll be stunned if it is a P5 school and honestly my guess is that its a lower tier G5 school.

I have no ill will towards the kid, i hope he has a great life, just wish we hadn't wasted a scholarship on him.

AROB44
12-07-2022, 12:23 PM
Actually I don't remember that.....sorry.

smootness
12-07-2022, 12:41 PM
Everyone was expecting a bigger, faster, stronger version of Tua. He had huge expectations. 24/7 had him rated 1.000 and he had a .995 composite. Anything short of Trevor Lawrence and he was going to be a bust.

But he actually is bad.

BeardoMSU
01-15-2023, 06:40 PM
Hmm...

https://twitter.com/SimeonPrice2/status/1614751015387140096?t=YYvti48juCA5YWGe-INTUw&s=19

DownwardDawg
01-15-2023, 07:32 PM
Hmm...

https://twitter.com/SimeonPrice2/status/1614751015387140096?t=YYvti48juCA5YWGe-INTUw&s=19

What does this mean? I'm old.....