PDA

View Full Version : Bookie Coming Back

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2022, 04:49 PM
Bookie Watson coming back next year. That's a big keep.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2022, 04:56 PM
There'll be more.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2022, 04:59 PM
That is great news. I'm assuming we moved our Wheat money over to Bookie.

If so, I want to thank the Bulldog NLI folks.

TrapGame
11-30-2022, 05:00 PM
HUGE.

Homedawg
11-30-2022, 05:00 PM
There'll be more.

What he said^^^^

KOdawg1
11-30-2022, 05:02 PM
Absolutely massive. Thank Charlie Winfield and the Bulldog Initiative.

The talk is Bookie will take Wheat's place and move to edge rusher. So next year we'd have a LB core of:

SAM: Bookie
MLB: Jett Johnson
OLB: Page/Purvis

That's damn stout.

KOdawg1
11-30-2022, 05:02 PM
What he said^^^^
Crumedy?

State82
11-30-2022, 05:04 PM
Bookie Watson coming back next year. That's a big keep.

Really big. Nice.

Really Clark?
11-30-2022, 05:06 PM
There'll be more.

^^^^ Listen to this man ^^^^

Maverick91
11-30-2022, 05:07 PM
This is big league! Now if we could keep crumedy!

Leeshouldveflanked
11-30-2022, 05:15 PM
Great News!

EdwardDrayton
11-30-2022, 05:18 PM
Hallelujah!!

confucius say
11-30-2022, 05:30 PM
More to come on that side of the ball

gtowndawg
11-30-2022, 05:36 PM
Is the NIL involved helping the players stay? I hope my donations are helping!

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2022, 05:41 PM
I'm hoping Cam Young comes back - he apparently has a covid year he could use. Would be massive.

Bothrops
11-30-2022, 05:42 PM
#1 tackler in the SEC

Homedawg
11-30-2022, 05:44 PM
Crumedy?

Working on it. I think it a real possibility.

Homedawg
11-30-2022, 05:44 PM
I'm hoping Cam Young comes back - he apparently has a covid year he could use. Would be massive.

I haven't heard his name mentioned as a possible returnee.

Coach34
11-30-2022, 05:59 PM

Yes

Cowbell
11-30-2022, 06:09 PM

When the realist of the board is optimistic, we will all have a Merry Christmas! Heck yeah!

Cowbell
11-30-2022, 06:10 PM
This makes me want to give more to NiL honestly

msu15
11-30-2022, 06:10 PM
I haven't heard his name mentioned as a possible returnee.

Can he even do it at this point since he's already accepted an invite to the senior bowl?

WhiskeyPirate
11-30-2022, 06:14 PM
Just as I said. Most everybody is back next year.

Hopefully the rumor mill pea brains learn from this

confucius say
11-30-2022, 06:15 PM

Yes

confucius say
11-30-2022, 06:15 PM

Likely

Goldendawg
11-30-2022, 06:19 PM
These additional years are also allowing many real student athletes to obtain multiple or graduate level degrees. This bides very well for a more secure future outside football. Hail State!

KOdawg1
11-30-2022, 06:28 PM
Hope this shows how important NIL is. If you're not donating, please consider it. We can compete in this new era of college sports if we commit to supporting Charlie and the BI. Any amount will help

http://bulldoginitiative.com

msu15
11-30-2022, 06:28 PM
Just as I said. Most everybody is back next year.

Hopefully the rumor mill pea brains learn from this

Na you said that ALL would go through Senior Day and then they wound announce whether or not they were coming back. I proved you wrong, which isn't hard to do with someone that has a low iQ like yourself.

WhiskeyPirate
11-30-2022, 06:34 PM
Na you said that ALL would go through Senior Day and then they wound announce whether or not they were coming back. I proved you wrong, which isn't hard to do with someone that has a low iQ like yourself.

Lol

It’s playing out just as I said, now even Crumedy is likely to come back. Don’t make me pull up the threads where the blabber mouth claims if you walk at senior day you aren’t coming back. Another shitty false narrative goes down the toilet.

So just about the entire team is coming back. Case closed.

Goldendawg
11-30-2022, 06:39 PM
Who are the candidates to move to starting center in the OL?

Commercecomet24
11-30-2022, 06:56 PM

This^^^^^Getting close to him coming back.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2022, 06:58 PM
Lol

It’s playing out just as I said, now even Crumedy is likely to come back. Don’t make me pull up the threads where the blabber mouth claims if you walk at senior day you aren’t coming back. Another shitty false narrative goes down the toilet.

So just about the entire team is coming back. Case closed.

I think I'd hold off on "just about the entire team coming back" talk, but we're trending in the right direction.

KOdawg1
11-30-2022, 07:00 PM
Crumedy is back.

It's setting up to be a special season

WhiskeyPirate
11-30-2022, 07:01 PM
I think I'd hold off on "just about the entire team coming back" talk, but we're trending in the right direction.

Wow, crumedy and bookie are back

confucius say
11-30-2022, 07:26 PM
Who are the candidates to move to starting center in the OL?

LaSoya for one

confucius say
11-30-2022, 07:28 PM
Bookie
Crumedy

Charleton and Jett expected too

DCam and Tulu back too.

All good stuff.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2022, 07:31 PM
Bookie
Crumedy

DCam and Tulu back too.

All good stuff.

I don?t think Charleton has any eligibility left.

Jett is definitely coming back.

Coach34
11-30-2022, 07:31 PM
Bookie
Crumedy

DCam and Tulu back too.

All good stuff.

Charleton has no eligibility left.

Coach34
11-30-2022, 07:33 PM

We had a few do Sr Day to work a better NIL deal. College football is changed forever

Goldendawg
11-30-2022, 07:34 PM
How are we on returning kickers and punters? Don't mean to put a damper on this thread.******

Commercecomet24
11-30-2022, 07:48 PM
Wow, crumedy and bookie are back

About a month ago somebody asked me how many of the front 7 would be returning. I said then the majority would be back even though some folks said i was crazy. I have several players on the team I know well and they've been truthful about who would be coming back. It's goood to see!

Commercecomet24
11-30-2022, 07:56 PM
NIL has a lot go do with this but please don't overlook the efforts of Coach Leach and the staff.He's built quite a culture and the kids love playing for him. You see the effort and intensity we play with and it starts with the HC. Yeah our offense lulls at times but it's not from lack of effort.

Todd4State
11-30-2022, 08:02 PM
About a month ago somebody asked me how many of the front 7 would be returning. I said then the majority would be back even though some folks said i was crazy. I have several players on the team I know well and they've been truthful about who would be coming back. It's goood to see!

Well you were wrong about JT Ginn...oh wait.

tcdog70
11-30-2022, 08:19 PM
NIL has a lot go do with this but please don't overlook the efforts of Coach Leach and the staff.He's built quite a culture and the kids love playing for him. You see the effort and intensity we play with and it starts with the HC. Yeah our offense lulls at times but it's not from lack of effort.

Exactly ML and his staff have built one hell of a culture and He should get some credit. Some are so quick to blast Leach. But with these great players wanted to come back really shows what a great jog he is doing.

confucius say
11-30-2022, 08:30 PM
Charleton has no eligibility left.

Is he applying for a waiver or something? He said in the presser last week he would be back next year. Maybe he just meant visiting...

Coach34
11-30-2022, 08:36 PM
Is he applying for a waiver or something? He said in the presser last week he would be back next year. Maybe he just meant visiting...

He has never RS'ed. He has played 5 seasons of college FB

confucius say
11-30-2022, 08:41 PM
He has never RS'ed. He has played 5 seasons of college FB

Must have just meant he will be coming to visit. He was talking about how welcomed he was when he transferred and said I'll definitely be coming back next year too

DownwardDawg
11-30-2022, 08:56 PM

That's great to hear. Thanks for posting that. I'll lay off the offense........a little.

Cowbell
11-30-2022, 09:12 PM

I will back the heat off his scheme for him being able to keep jimmy's and joes

Maverick91
11-30-2022, 10:01 PM
Now we need Jett to go to the speed and power camp the bookie went to over last off season. If Jett could get quicker and more powerful that would be sick.

Thick
11-30-2022, 10:27 PM
Absolutely massive. Thank Charlie Winfield and the Bulldog Initiative.

The talk is Bookie will take Wheat's place and move to edge rusher. So next year we'd have a LB core of:

SAM: Bookie
MLB: Jett Johnson
OLB: Page/Purvis

That's damn stout.

Seriously?? That?s phenomenal news!

Commercecomet24
11-30-2022, 10:42 PM
I will back the heat off his scheme for him being able to keep jimmy's and joes

The offense rightfully needs some heat, they need to produce more. They do however play hard and the OL and RBs were extremely good this year. QB and WR play was erratic from game to game heck from quarter to quarter sometimes lol!

Goldendawg
11-30-2022, 11:34 PM
The offense rightfully needs some heat, they need to produce more. They do however play hard and the OL and RBs were extremely good this year. QB and WR play was erratic from game to game heck from quarter to quarter sometimes lol!

Agreed. We need some members or new players in the WR room to step up. We had about 4 or 5 this year, that if they didn't have different numbers you couldn't tell them apart. As for the QB room, someone needs to compete and push Will to improve in 2023. I'm tired of a sometimes boring, disappearing O sometimes in the same half. Hail State!

Johnson85
12-01-2022, 10:22 AM

Offense definitely struggled, but we have a lot returning on Offense so barring injury, we shouldn't take a step back. Biggest loss is probably Sharp?

Defense was at risk of looking like a completely different unit next year. We are going to miss Forbes a lot. Having somebody like Forbes on the back end gives Arnett the flexibility to take risks on blitz. But if we had lost Forbes, Pickering, Wheat, and Bookie, I'd have been seriously worried. And getting Crumedy back is going to feel damn near like getting a good grad transfer since he played so little this year. I went from thinking our front 7 was going to be a disaster next year to now feeling like it might actually be better.

TrapGame
12-01-2022, 10:32 AM
Agreed. We need some members or new players in the WR room to step up. We had about 4 or 5 this year, that if they didn't have different numbers you couldn't tell them apart. As for the QB room, someone needs to compete and push Will to improve in 2023. I'm tired of a sometimes boring, disappearing O sometimes in the same half. Hail State!

I know it's not going to happen but I wish Leach would bring in Graham Harrell as Co-OC/QB Coach. Get some new air raid blood into the play calling and QB play.

Lord McBuckethead
12-01-2022, 11:27 AM
I know it's not going to happen but I wish Leach would bring in Graham Harrell as Co-OC/QB Coach. Get some new air raid blood into the play calling and QB play.

Seems like the most logical way to help the overall offense, and we need it.