PDA

View Full Version : Wait a second??.

SilentSteel16
11-30-2022, 10:33 AM
I know that some of the know it all gods of ED said he was going to go to Ole Miss and get utilized. One of you actually said it was ?a certainty?.

https://twitter.com/tuluuuuug/status/1597780451338653696?s=46&t=qmZh2q9xm_FcyO1yCCje6g

Looks to me like he is recruiting to State, now why on Earth would he do that if he has plans of leaving?

dawgman15
11-30-2022, 10:48 AM
Tulu has people who bleed maroon and white in his circle no need to worry.

Leroy Jenkins
11-30-2022, 10:59 AM
Here's how I imagine some posters' lives.

https://media.tenor.com/X4ZPjlUWe4UAAAAd/eeyore-winnie-the-pooh.gif

Commercecomet24
11-30-2022, 11:15 AM
Tulu was never going anywhere and he's been actively recruiting others to come here.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2022, 11:16 AM

Nailed it! I can't give you anymore rep!

TrapGame
11-30-2022, 11:21 AM

Yep. 24/7.

I've never seen a more miserable group of people claiming to be fans trying to find every little sliver of misery and mediocrity to throw against "their" team.

All the while finding everything positive to promote with the rival school.

confucius say
11-30-2022, 12:00 PM
Kind of like the people speculating that leach was going to retire for health reasons

Maroonthirteen
11-30-2022, 12:05 PM
And Arnette leaving. State pod casters can't stop talking about Arnettes next job.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-30-2022, 12:14 PM
My receiver goals for 2023:

Tulu and Zavion Thomas need the football. It can be screens, crossing routes, whatever. But we need to find some creative ways to get them the ball with room to operate.

Need to be able to work RaRa Thomas down the field more. And he's got to catch it like a man. RaRa needs to do what he's been doing and also take up some of Caleb Ducking's slack. He needs to step up and be that big guy that teams worry about.

Austin Williams and Jamire Calvin are certainly replaceable.

TrapGame
11-30-2022, 12:15 PM
Kind of like the people speculating that leach was going to retire for health reasons

Speaking of, wasn't Mullen supposed to be named Monday as Leach's replacement?

And some of you don't give me that was just a joke post. Shit like that shouldn't be posted by "fans".

That actually got into the sports media b/c of this site.

Catfish
11-30-2022, 12:51 PM

Bingo!!!! I know two for sure

Goldendawg
11-30-2022, 01:03 PM

And some of you don't give me that was just a joke post. Shit like that shouldn't be posted by "fans".

Rumors appreciated, (even if from wife's beautician cousin's pervious customer who heard from son's Jr. High soccer coach)**, but more factual info needed here always. Hail State!

PGHBulldogBG
11-30-2022, 01:15 PM
Why would Tulu go to Ole Miss? I would be more concerned about these rumors if it was him planning to go to an SEC team like Auburn or aTm or a program with a winning tradition. No reason for him to make a lateral move unless we weren’t giving him playing time

yjnkdawg
11-30-2022, 01:37 PM
My receiver goals for 2023:

Tulu and Zavion Thomas need the football. It can be screens, crossing routes, whatever. But we need to find some creative ways to get them the ball with room to operate.

Need to be able to work RaRa Thomas down the field more. And he's got to catch it like a man. RaRa needs to do what he's been doing and also take up some of Caleb Ducking's slack. He needs to step up and be that big guy that teams worry about.

Austin Williams and Jamire Calvin are certainly replaceable.

JRob should get more playing time next year and could be that big guy receiver.

yjnkdawg
11-30-2022, 01:41 PM

Some people aren't satisfied with our athletic programs or else they know more than the coaches do apparently. So instead of supporting they want to criticize . Mullen back to MSU was one of the most stupidest posts made on here.

SilentSteel16
11-30-2022, 01:59 PM
I know I started a hypothetical thread about CML leaving but that was midway through the season and I literally was just wanting to start a list of coaches for me to loosely follow.

I don’t want CML to leave because frankly I am tired of us “bringing in his guys” and waiting. Run with something and see what ya get ….

Also, most fans don’t realize it but State is a baseball school all other sports are bonuses, winning seasons and postseason berths are fantastic, but State baseball is and has always put the mustard on our dogs.

msu15
11-30-2022, 02:16 PM
Some people aren't satisfied with our athletic programs or else they know more than the coaches do apparently. So instead of supporting they want to criticize . Mullen back to MSU was one of the most stupidest posts made on here.

Bert was just trolling

msu15
11-30-2022, 02:17 PM
I still wish they'd move Tulu inside

Goldendawg
11-30-2022, 02:25 PM
I know I started a hypothetical thread about CML leaving but that was midway through the season and I literally was just wanting to start a list of coaches for me to loosely follow.

I don’t want CML to leave because frankly I am tired of us “bringing in his guys” and waiting. Run with something and see what ya get ….

Also, most fans don’t realize it but State is a baseball school all other sports are bonuses, winning seasons and postseason berths are fantastic, but State baseball is and has always put the mustard on our dogs.

Glad we won a National Championship in baseball, but most of the country could care less about this college sport. Am told MSU baseball doesn't even pay its own bills. Maybe we should remodel Davis Wade for baseball and the Dude for football and see how that works out for attendance and finances for both sports and the University**. Football pays the bills and has a much larger fan ba$e. Enjoy watching most all State sports, but it is what it is with interest and revenue production. Hail State!

Goldendawg
11-30-2022, 02:35 PM
I still wish they'd move Tulu inside

Agree. I think we have too many receivers in our game rotation causing a problem with getting into a rhythm. This may be because as Coach Lecth has said there is a logjam of similarly thinking players and no one has moved to the top. Maybe some of this is a WR room in which some have reached their ceiling. I trust our staff to make needed decisions, but our WR and QB rooms may need adjustments through more improved recruiting and the portal, JMO. Hail State!

PGHBulldogBG
11-30-2022, 02:48 PM

Wait the sports media actually reported something because of this site? LOL that person should no longer be able to cover sports or journalism of any form of this site is used as a source

RisperDawg
11-30-2022, 02:58 PM
Wait the sports media actually reported something because of this site? LOL that person should no longer be able to cover sports or journalism of any form of this site is used as a source

That post from the guy about our fat, ugly fans got some traction too. Lol.

Cowbell
11-30-2022, 03:12 PM
Tulu was never going anywhere and he's been actively recruiting others to come here.

CC has been saying this ever since the rumors started

Really Clark?
11-30-2022, 03:21 PM
Glad we won a National Championship in baseball, but most of the country could care less about this college sport. Am told MSU baseball doesn't even pay its own bills. Maybe we should remodel Davis Wade for baseball and the Dude for football and see how that works out for attendance and finances for both sports and the University**. Football pays the bills and has a much larger fan ba$e. Enjoy watching most all State sports, but it is what it is with interest and revenue production. Hail State!

Who told you that? That's not true at all. Baseball pays its own way. We may expend most or all of their revenue but it pays it's own way. That's with us running a $21 MIL athletic department surplus just for June 2020 to June 2022 year.

Goldendawg
11-30-2022, 04:09 PM
Who told you that? That's not true at all. Baseball pays its own way. We may expend most or all of their revenue but it pays it's own way. That's with us running a $21 MIL athletic department surplus just for June 2020 to June 2022 year.

Told by longtime baseball supporter. Will update him with info. So, football, men's basketball, and baseball are self sufficient and pay help pay other bills? Thanks. Hail State!

Really Clark?
11-30-2022, 04:21 PM
Told by longtime baseball supporter. Will update him with info. So, football, men's basketball, and baseball are self sufficient and pay help pay other bills? Thanks. Hail State!

Yes, for the most part. Although basketball has been more volatile from year to year for us. Especially during the Ray years. Though it's more along that their revenue goes back to them. The are self-sufficient. Even if we are not, which we are, our entire expenses has kept us in the black for a lot of our years. We are one of the best in the nation keeping our athletic department in the black. Just like many on here kept saying we didn't have to money to buyout Leach, we do but financially we are very conscientious about our expenses and how we handle those situations.

SilentSteel16
11-30-2022, 04:26 PM

Not starting a debate but it is being a member of the SEC that pays the bills. Not football, but you are kidding yourself if you think State is a football or basketball school. It has been a baseball school since the 80s. National Title or not, Baseball at Miss State is king. How many times has the Dude been sold out over the past 40 years and how many times has the Hump or DWS sold out. If you put the same amount of seats in the Dude as the other two I guarantee you will have more butts in seats on average over the past 40 years.

Don?t get me wrong, this is not a recency bias but State has been in contention more for conference titles in baseball year in and year out since the 80s. No other sport at State can say that.

Goldendawg
11-30-2022, 04:27 PM
Yes, for the most part. Although basketball has been more volatile from year to year for us. Especially during the Ray years. Though it's more along that their revenue goes back to them. The are self-sufficient. Even if we are not, which we are, our entire expenses has kept us in the black for a lot of our years. We are one of the best in the nation keeping our athletic department in the black. Just like many on here kept saying we didn't have to money to buyout Leach, we do but financially we are very conscientious about our expenses and how we handle those situations.

Thanks, wish we would put a little more of the surplus in our FB recruiting staff. Hail State!

RocketDawg
11-30-2022, 04:28 PM
Tulu has people who bleed maroon and white in his circle no need to worry.

Still confusing - which one plays football and which one plays basketball? Tulu or Tolu?

And I still don't know the real name of Dollar Bill.

RocketDawg
11-30-2022, 04:30 PM

Certainly better than Auburn. I think they're now paying 3 head coaches, plus a huge raise for Cadillac to be the associate head coach.

SilentSteel16
11-30-2022, 04:30 PM
It is not true at all that Football allows the other sports to survive. It is being a member of the SEC that gives us the funding. Football gives you bowl games money, but a regional host weekend gives just as much as a bowl game. Then you throw in super regional hosting.

I will have to find it but the year we hosted ND in super regional MSU split money with ND and still made more money than the bowl for that year. That is from the school database.

Pancho
11-30-2022, 04:37 PM
Still confusing - which one plays football and which one plays basketball? Tulu or Tolu?

And I still don't know the real name of Dollar Bill.

tulu=football tolu=basketball kwatrivious johnson

Really Clark?
11-30-2022, 04:37 PM
Thanks, wish we would put a little more of the surplus in our FB recruiting staff. Hail State!

Well that's the question isn't it. At some point we need increase expenses in key segments to help edge the program up a rung or two and still operate within budget. We've been operating to stay in the middle range in success, we've accomplished that but it's stagnated some. Although Moorehead and Covid can be pointed to as having a pretty big impact in that.

RocketDawg
11-30-2022, 04:40 PM
It is not true at all that Football allows the other sports to survive. It is being a member of the SEC that gives us the funding. Football gives you bowl games money, but a regional host weekend gives just as much as a bowl game. Then you throw in super regional hosting.

I will have to find it but the year we hosted ND in super regional MSU split money with ND and still made more money than the bowl for that year. That is from the school database.

But wasn't the baseball money from multiple games while the bowl, of course, was just one game?

Really Clark?
11-30-2022, 04:42 PM

If you are counting ticket sales, that portion mostly goes to the NCAA. The year we won, we made over a million in tickets sales for the regional and SR but only cleared $90,000. The rest went to the NCAA. That's not concessions though.

SilentSteel16
11-30-2022, 08:56 PM
Ok let me just break it down like this. Baseball is our sport and again it is not a recency bias it is fact.

A regional appearance is equivalent to being bowl eligible.

A super regional is a NY6 bowl

CWS is the BCS playoff

CWS championship series is well you guessed it the national title game

We have been to how many bowl games? How many NY6 bowl games? And how many BCS appearances and how many title games. You understanding yet?

Football is great but not our sport, our expectations have always been bowl eligibility
In Baseball I would dare say a super regional is the expectation and has been for a long time, what other sport has had that kind of staying power at State and I am talking since the 80s.

Wins in football and bowl games are a plus, March madness is a plus, a Regional is expected at a minimum and I really do think Super is the expectation.

Jarius
11-30-2022, 09:08 PM
Not starting a debate but it is being a member of the SEC that pays the bills. Not football, but you are kidding yourself if you think State is a football or basketball school. It has been a baseball school since the 80s. National Title or not, Baseball at Miss State is king. How many times has the Dude been sold out over the past 40 years and how many times has the Hump or DWS sold out. If you put the same amount of seats in the Dude as the other two I guarantee you will have more butts in seats on average over the past 40 years.

Don?t get me wrong, this is not a recency bias but State has been in contention more for conference titles in baseball year in and year out since the 80s. No other sport at State can say that.

Mississippi State is a football school. Football puts 50 thousand plus asses in seats every Saturday. Our National championship baseball team put 15 thousand asses in seats at home games. Football is and always be king, no matter how good we are at another sport. Hopefully we get an AD that realizes that, unlike the last assclown.

SilentSteel16
11-30-2022, 09:16 PM
It is limited to 15k because that is all it can hold, can the same be said for DWS with Standing room only tickets ?

At the UGA game I would dare say 1/3 of that attendance was in red.

RocketDawg
11-30-2022, 09:20 PM
tulu=football tolu=basketball kwatrivious johnson

Thanks. I'll have to bookmark your post so I can check it occasionally.

RocketDawg
11-30-2022, 09:24 PM
Mississippi State is a football school. Football puts 50 thousand plus asses in seats every Saturday. Our National championship baseball team put 15 thousand asses in seats at home games. Football is and always be king, no matter how good we are at another sport. Hopefully we get an AD that realizes that, unlike the last assclown.

A better comparison might be total season attendances since baseball has 4-5 times as many home games as football has. Football tickets are a lot more expensive though.

msu15
11-30-2022, 10:35 PM
Boy this thread got derailed quick

Santiago
11-30-2022, 11:12 PM
Watch for Justin Brown next season in the WR rotation, and as an outside WR. Physical and can play.
Mark it down.

Jarius
12-01-2022, 11:18 AM
It is limited to 15k because that is all it can hold, can the same be said for DWS with Standing room only tickets ?

At the UGA game I would dare say 1/3 of that attendance was in red.

If we could fit more than 15K in our baseball stadium on a regular basis we would have built it to hold 50K. We can't so we didn't build it for that. Are you being serious right now? Donations for football are way higher as well. It's not remotely close. Even in the Georgia game where 1/3 of the stadium may have been visitors, that's still 3 times the amount of home team fans that attend football games over baseball. Our fans live in fantasy land about baseball. Most of the country doesn't give one little shit about the sport and we have people that think it's more important than football. It isn't. It never has been. It never will be. Baseball doesn't suck money from anything, but it's not out here turning a profit to subsidize other sports like football does.

SilentSteel16
12-01-2022, 03:07 PM
Why do you keep bringing the rest of the country into this? Who gives a crap what the rest of the country thinks about Mississippi State athletics. If you seriously think that Mississippi State fans care more about football than any other sport than that is your prerogative. Regardless of what you think, State is mid tier at best in football in the SEC, in baseball we are top tier, baseball pays its own way.

I would guarantee you this. If State were to drop out of SEC, the baseball program would be around for longer than the football program funding wise. Because State is a baseball school that occasionally exceeds expectations which are not that high in other sports.

My whole point to all this is baseball stands on its own feet yet some of you seem to think football pays for it. I wish them all well and all of them all making profits but to think football is king in MSU athletics is just folly.

Jarius
12-01-2022, 04:14 PM
Why do you keep bringing the rest of the country into this? Who gives a crap what the rest of the country thinks about Mississippi State athletics. If you seriously think that Mississippi State fans care more about football than any other sport than that is your prerogative. Regardless of what you think, State is mid tier at best in football in the SEC, in baseball we are top tier, baseball pays its own way.

I would guarantee you this. If State were to drop out of SEC, the baseball program would be around for longer than the football program funding wise. Because State is a baseball school that occasionally exceeds expectations which are not that high in other sports.

My whole point to all this is baseball stands on its own feet yet some of you seem to think football pays for it. I wish them all well and all of them all making profits but to think football is king in MSU athletics is just folly.

More people attend football games and more money is sent to the athletic department by it's fans to support football than baseball, so yea football is king here just like it is everywhere else in the South. Your take is ludicrous. How good we are at a certain sport holds zero weight as to what the most people care about and which sport is "king" at a school. The sport where most of your resources go and fans attend is what is "king".

SilentSteel16
12-01-2022, 05:24 PM
Well brother we are just going to have to agree to disagree about what sport people care about at MSU.

MrCoachKlein
12-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Yep. 24/7.

I've never seen a more miserable group of people claiming to be fans trying to find every little sliver of misery and mediocrity to throw against "their" team.

All the while finding everything positive to promote with the rival school.

Check out saintsreport lol

except the rival part

gtowndawg
12-02-2022, 05:17 PM
Football dwarfs baseball at Miss. State and everywhere else in the known universe. Not even close.

SilentSteel16
12-02-2022, 08:49 PM
Football dwarfs baseball at Miss. State and everywhere else in the known universe. Not even close.

Football at MSU is much like your avatar Bundy, a legend in its own mind.