11-29-2022, 03:07 PM
As far as bowl projections go?

He has us in the Gator vs Notre Dame.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2022, 03:28 PM
Sign me up!

Commercecomet24
11-29-2022, 03:29 PM
I would say he's pretty accurate on this barring some weird scenarios playing out this weekend

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2022, 03:31 PM
Seeing that in several places. Bring it on.

PGHBulldogBG
11-29-2022, 03:34 PM
Gator bowl against ND works for me. Hopefully we don’t have too many opt outs and can get a 9 win season

Jarius
11-29-2022, 03:36 PM
Unfortunately South Carolina is going to request that bowl as their top choice and they will be matched up with notre dame.

msudawg1200
11-29-2022, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately South Carolina is going to request that bowl as their top choice and they will be matched up with notre dame.

I'm hearing the administrators at SCar want the ReliaQuest, but the fanbase has Tampa fatigue going to that bowl 5 times in the last 20 or so years, and wants the Gator(haven't been since 1987) and Notre Dame. It's all up to SCar. If they want ND and the Gator they get it, and we get the ReliaQuest and most likely Illinois and Fat Bert. If SCar wants Tampa, then we get the Gator and ND. Simple as that.

TheLostDawg
11-29-2022, 05:24 PM
I'm hearing the administrators at SCar want the ReliaQuest, but the fanbase has Tampa fatigue going to that bowl 5 times in the last 20 or so years, and wants the Gator(haven't been since 1987) and Notre Dame. It's all up to SCar. If they want ND and the Gator they get it, and we get the ReliaQuest and most likely Illinois and Fat Bert. If SCar wants Tampa, then we get the Gator and ND. Simple as that.

Sports illustrated has us going to liberty and ole miss to Tampa

Desoto1967
11-29-2022, 05:26 PM
These are all over the place. Sports Illustrated has State back in Memphis with Kansas, and Ole Miss in Tampa with Illinois

parabrave
11-29-2022, 05:34 PM

Watch OM squeem their way in there and we get Texas/

msudawg1200
11-29-2022, 05:36 PM
Sports illustrated has us going to liberty and ole miss to Tampa

Y'all do know some of these idiot sportswriters don't even know the difference between us and Ole Miss? Many of them don't even know how the bowl selection process works. I've seen projections with SEC teams in the Mayo and Gasparilla Bowl which can't happen this year.

TALL DAWG
11-29-2022, 05:38 PM
Texas bowl would be fine as weather would be perfect. And, it?s a good pay out.

TALL DAWG
11-29-2022, 05:46 PM
And, I can get non-stop flights today from Jax to Houston for 3 folks for a total of less than $675. Great deal.

Homedawg
11-29-2022, 06:00 PM

I'm hearing the same.

Homedawg
11-29-2022, 06:00 PM
These are all over the place. Sports Illustrated has State back in Memphis with Kansas, and Ole Miss in Tampa with Illinois

We aren't going to Memphis.

CaptainObvious
11-29-2022, 07:07 PM
Depends on if our Athletics Dir???.. uh?..umm?? somebody in the AD office steps up and doesn?t let the SEC office push us down. And by down, everyone should know I mean regardless of Group of 6 bowls, the Tampa Bowl is better than the Texas Bowl is better than the Gator Bowl is better than the Music City Bowl is better than the Liberty Bowl is better than the Las Vegas Bowl is better than the Birmingham Bowl is better than the Gasparilla Bowl. Perception is Reality in this case!

Coach34
11-29-2022, 07:21 PM
Teams tell the SEC office which bowl they prefer
Bowls tell the SEC office which Team they prefer
The SEC office works with both sides

SC likely gets Gator because both sides want it
Music City likely gets Kentucky because both sides want it
Tampa is choosing between us and Mississippi
Liberty wants the Pigs I hear

Fight over Tampa and then the loser goes to Texas or Vegas

ScooterDog
11-29-2022, 07:34 PM
I don?t want N Dame cause I don?t like to see us loose. I want to see us win.

Jarius
11-29-2022, 07:40 PM

This is basically it

msudawg1200
11-29-2022, 07:41 PM
Teams tell the SEC office which bowl they prefer
Bowls tell the SEC office which Team they prefer
The SEC office works with both sides

SC likely gets Gator because both sides want it
Music City likely gets Kentucky because both sides want it
Tampa is choosing between us and Mississippi
Liberty wants the Pigs I hear

Fight over Tampa and then the loser goes to Texas or Vegas

Shouldn't be a choice. We are ranked, have the same record, and beat them head to head. However, I know how bowl politics works.

Jarius
11-29-2022, 07:41 PM
I don?t want N Dame cause I don?t like to see us loose. I want to see us win.

Notre Dame is a very bearable Opponent that we match up very well against.

Jarius
11-29-2022, 07:42 PM
Shouldn't be a choice. We are ranked, have the same record, and beat them head to head. However, I know how bowl politics works.

We will more than likely win that fight. Doubtful that the conference allows Ole Miss to go anywhere ahead of us.

Coach34
11-29-2022, 07:47 PM
We will more than likely win that fight. Doubtful that the conference allows Ole Miss to go anywhere ahead of us.

Bowl politics always has some ****ery to them but if I had to pick today I'd guess we ended up in Tampa.

msudawg1200
11-29-2022, 07:54 PM
Bowl politics always has some ****ery to them but if I had to pick today I'd guess we ended up in Tampa.

I agree

CaptainObvious
11-29-2022, 07:56 PM
Going to a bowl on December 17 is akin to going to one of the worst bowls on the schedule. And since the team cannot practice right now, how do you think they will look with 5 days of practice? And also, I thought one of the benefits of a bowl for the team is to get extra practice for the non Senior starters going into the next year. Dec. 16 and 17 bowls happen 1week after the West Point/ Annapolis game.

Catfish
11-29-2022, 07:59 PM
Going to a bowl on December 17 is akin to going to one of the worst bowls on the schedule. And since the team cannot practice right now, how do you think they will look with 5 days of practice? And also, I thought one of the benefits of a bowl for the team is to get extra practice for the non Senior starters going into the next year. Dec. 16 and 17 bowls happen 1week after the West Point/ Annapolis game.

Dumb question I know, but why can't they practice now?

Todd4State
11-29-2022, 08:15 PM

Final exams.

Catfish
11-29-2022, 08:17 PM
Final exams.

Thanks

Coach34
11-29-2022, 08:18 PM

They are still lifting weights on the reg and the QB's are throwing to WR's everyday "on their own"

Catfish
11-29-2022, 08:55 PM
They are still lifting weights on the reg and the QB's are throwing to WR's everyday "on their own"

Thanks Coach